• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: **** Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
I'm relatively new to smash but not new to competetive gaming. I've competed at multiple MLG events for Gears. Got sick of that game and fell on love with Smash. I def would love to host and event at my place. It would be for Brawl tho I know alot of you play +. Trying to do this in Janurary. I would def like someone to help me with rules/settings. Is there anyone meeting up or hosting a tourney this month? I wanna get to know all the local players. I'll be on all night tonight playing and on aim. So some of you please hit me up so we can start talking/planning this. My aim name is SGFrocker. Talk to all of you soon.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Because PLUR is too busy dancing to ever leave his house.

***** does it 24/7.

Japes, I can understand banning. In Melee, it's horrible. In Brawl, it's slightly less horrible.

Poke Floats is inexcusable. I ALWAYS CP that stage for the lulz. Plus, I'm very intricately aware of the stage after playing it god so many times.

is Mute banned or CP? If ban, gay. Peach / Jiggz aren't SO GOOD on that stage that you'd need to ban it. that's just silly.

RC I can understand being banned.

But I think we just need to unban Big Blue.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Peach and Jiggs are almost guarenteed a win on Mute City.

Pokefloats is silly, but okay in my opinion.

Japes promotes camping, but it's not so solid a counterpick that it would guarentee wins for any character. Klaptrap is silly, but you should be well aware of where it is and it's dangers.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Peach and Jiggs are almost guarenteed a win on Mute City.

Pokefloats is silly, but okay in my opinion.

Japes promotes camping, but it's not so solid a counterpick that it would guarentee wins for any character. Klaptrap is silly, but you should be well aware of where it is and it's dangers.
Some characters have to recover low, or else get gimped EXTREMELY easily. What do you propose those people do on Japes?

Mute is not as bad as you're making it sound. Many characters can play effectively there. It's just the lack of a ledge that kills many characters' recoveries.

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so the first weekend of January (2nd-3rd) is the best date for me to host something here? I can do any date/time. Also, Melee will definitely be here, Brawl and Brawl + as well, if anyone wants them. As soon as I get some feedback, I'll be making the thread for it.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
kay, so I just saw Hax vs Darc and I noticed that Dthrow Knee seems guaranteed on jiggs. Would that mean that Dthrow Stomp is guaranteed also? Which means Falcon can tech chase jiggs? Which means that, with her TERRIBLE techroll, she's screwed?

Why am I doing this, you ask? I dunno. Tired of hearing Jiggz johns.

And I think Falcon/jiggz is even.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dthrow knee isn't always guaranteed. Jiggz can rest out of it.

Dthrow stomp definitely doesn't work.

Jiggz is dumb and gay. She's mostly beatable, but dumb and gay.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Dthrow knee isn't always guaranteed. Jiggz can rest out of it.

Dthrow stomp definitely doesn't work.

Jiggz is dumb and gay. She's mostly beatable, but dumb and gay.
Well, I saw that Hax got like 90% of the Dthrow knees that he didn't just blatantly miss.

Eh I dunno anything. I just Dthrow Fair jiggs with IC and tech-chase from there. IT's cool.

lord karn

Smash Master
Alright, so the first weekend of January (2nd-3rd) is the best date for me to host something here? I can do any date/time. Also, Melee will definitely be here, Brawl and Brawl + as well, if anyone wants them. As soon as I get some feedback, I'll be making the thread for it.
I would definitely want to play some B+. I'll help run it if you decide to host.

Jon?

Smash Champion
How many of you guys would be interested in a NCSU Biweekly in January, right before Pound 4?

It will probably be Brawl/Melee at the same venue.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@JMatt: I'd come for your tournament as long as you had Melee, as long as parent johns don't happen.....but they might.

@Jon: Parent johns might happen, but otherwise I'll shoot for it.

Jon?

Smash Champion
PeePee, don't try sneaking out. Or else you might end up like Omni (and Foxy).

Jon?

Smash Champion
Next time we see each other, I need to have some friendlies with you. We have never played each other ever since I got into the NC smash scene.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This is true. In fact, I think the only time we have ever played was in tournament at one of PLUR's things.
I'm down for lots of friendlies.

DJRome

Smash Hero
it's like 70 30. idk how cf is supposed to grab jiggs when she's always air born plus crouch

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
thanks man i just go the game 2 weeks ago and have never played any smash until this one... im coming from playing gears of war competitively where i was top **** to this game where i suck **** hahah... i really wanna get good tho... your ****ing awesome with like every characters... who is a good character to learn to play???

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well the best character in the game is meta knight (who I used in the last match), but you don't have to use the best if you don't want to. just pick someone you think is fun to be honest, you'll have a much easier time if you pick someone who's higher up on the tier list though.

tier list - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236407

its basically just a ranking of characters from best to worst. as a general rule of thumb, any character in B tier or above is "tournament worthy" or capable of winning tournaments. thats not to say that characters below b tier can't win tournaments, you'll just have to be way better then your opponents cuz those characters just aren't as good.

gaw and ice climbers, who I'm assuming are your 2 best characters, are both pretty good, so I guess you chose decently.

game and watch - http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175
ice climbers - http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142

those are the two character specific boards for those 2 characters. read **** and learn what the pros of those characters have to say.

if you go to youtube, search for "UTD Zac (Game and Watch)" or "Lain (Ice Climbers)" to see videos of the best GaW and ICs respectively. Sort by newest because this game changes alot and a 10 month old video won't be as good as a newer one. Also make sure you find 1v1 videos and not 2v2 videos (unless you're interested in doubles matches) because 2v2 and 1v1 are played differently for every character.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
A good GaW is actually really hard to fight with MK -,- you can't dair camp, so you have to play a quick hit and run fair game, which is really easy to read. Or if you want to stay grounded and react you risk getting grabbed which against GaW is stupid bad, **** those techchase dthrows :(. It's not as easy as you'd think. Sure Up-B OOS wrecks his Bair approach but that's really not all there is to GaW. A few GaW Nairs and you're at Usmash kill%.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I don't have any matchup experience vs. G&W, considering that I've only seriously picked up MK about 2 days ago.

Lol, nvm, matchups and related information are not relevant to someone who just picked up the game. Learn whoever you want to, but it really does help to stick to one character to learn all the ins and outs of so you can start building up some experience.

Seems kind of counterintuitive to what I just mentioned, but playing random in friendlies probably will help your main's game a whole lot as well, just so you have a feel for how all the characters move and function. As you progress, learning a lot about all of the characters will leave you with little chance of being surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom