• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl Power Rankings (update: 10/28)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ok, we spammed for about 5 pages, PR time?

SC stays on right? Then we need to wait for more tournies with both states in attendance to get a better idea of how our neighbors are performing in comparison to our bros.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if crio is the best sc player then he may be able to get 10th but thats it

pp, me, ali, karn, bill, zero, lozr, and ldpk is 8

apparently dama and ptown are good, never seen them play

that'd make 10. if crio is better idk

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
btw Ryan is KSK's friend's cousin.
I am? Who's KSK? Who's my cousin? :-p I think this is incorrect.

Clemson got a good group of players who have never competed in an NC tournament (me included) so I don't think SC has been very fully represented.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
.....then I guess there are two choices:

1. Keep the rankings merged and get SC to more NC tournies and NC to more SC tournies. orrr

2. Separate the Carolinas because people in each state don't travel to the other much, thus poorly representing their skill in the opposing Carolina.

It just sucks that nothing can be done because we have joint PRs with no one travelling to other's state much. We should just split imo.

SC could just do a top 5 instead of 10 due to sparseness of smashers in the area.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I am? Who's KSK? Who's my cousin? :-p I think this is incorrect.

Clemson got a good group of players who have never competed in an NC tournament (me included) so I don't think SC has been very fully represented.
Well, it's a girl whose name I don't know. She said her cousin lives in Clemson, plays Pit, and it named Ryan. She also said he could beat KSK. (Krackshot_Kroc) And I personally don't think that SC should be represented in the PR. I mean, we hardly play each other.

Have you played both of them Lucas?
Yes I have. Rag is most definitely better imo.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I have played Zero and Rag and I would say that Rag has more experience. Zero's secondaries are better than Rag's, but Rag has placed higher more, partly due to the fact that Zero hasn't been able to attend as often. I think Zero has beaten more other top players though, so idk, they are pretty close.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Thanks for the nominations guys. I think DUB should be considered as well. I would vote him into the top 10 definitely.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Is Dub the Diddy player?

Raggy Bro and Dub are awesome in teams, I know that much.

But uh, this is top 10

So far we have the current top 10

PP, Ali, Karn, Bill, Lozr, LDPK, Dama, Ptown, Zero, and Devin

Plus the honorable Mentions

Crio, Khai, Raggy Bro, Ryan, Sushi-Man

Then Me and Dub

Thats 17 total

Is there anyone else to consider? Lol

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Thanks for the nominations guys. I think DUB should be considered as well. I would vote him into the top 10 definitely.
The two of you do well at more tourneys and you guys will most definitly be considered. But Ali, PP, LoZR, Karn, Bill, LDPK, Dama, Ptown, Stingers, they're all up there as well, so work hard bro!

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Stingers only placed once, I mean really we should require some more consistency than that shouldnt we?

Also since Dama, Ptown, Ryan, Khai, and Sushi-man haven't played in the central NC videos vs players of a high caliber would help a lot imo.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I did only place once, but that's the only tournament I've been to. Besides STYKs, and I still got...5th at that. Jesus christ that was a long time ago O_O (Just trying to make sure you weren't saying I sucked at all other tournaments lol)

And I beat LDPK (in 2 sets), Zero, and Karn. So...cut me some slack <_<

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Multiple people have said that I'm better than zero and he's in the top 10 right now. Also Rag+DUB>devin+director in teams at the last bill fest.

Edit: Our set vs stingers and jim was really really close as well. I think we probably could have won if I hadn't of killed myself 3 times in that set lol.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I did only place once, but that's the only tournament I've been to. Besides STYKs, and I still got...5th at that. Jesus christ that was a long time ago O_O (Just trying to make sure you weren't saying I sucked at all other tournaments lol)

And I beat LDPK (in 2 sets), Zero, and Karn. So...cut me some slack <_<
I watched all your matches and you did really well, I was impressed, I'm just saying you played once and did well and that should be factored in. However, that was the largest Bill so far. Who did you lose to? I know Ali beat you in losers finals, but thats all I remember.

EDIT: Also take into consideration who beats who within the current top10 and all those that want to be considered. For example, Dub lost to Lozr twice in the tourny, Karn lost to stingers, karn beat lozr in winners bracket (not finals), PP ***** everyone except Ali (lol), etc.

If a player is placing well, but not playing any other ranked players then they might not be the best candidate for the slot.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Stingers only placed once, I mean really we should require some more consistency than that shouldnt we?
Well, Dama is just amazing, and he placed at Jubilee which says something. Stingers beat a lot of "top" players, and got third at Bill, which says something. Me and Matt got last in Barwl Singles at STYKz btw. lol

He got 2 stocked then 3 stocked by me in the first 2 games of our set first round at the last billfest.
Yea, I took more stock off of Rag in our set, and I suck. I'm going all DIddy next time boyee!!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'm more that happy to play Barwl and enter a Barwl tourney, so long as there's Melee for me to play too. Hell, I'll go to an all Barwl tourney as long as there's someone I can play Melee with when I'm not playing my sets.

Diddy Ditto it is bro. Those are mad fun.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I wanna be the very best
Like noone ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause
I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Teach Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside
Pokemon!
It's you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon!
Ooh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Pokemon!
Our hearts so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokemon
Gotta catch 'em all!
Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle every day
To claim my rightful place
Come with me, the time is right
There's no better team
Arm in arm we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream
Pokemon!
It's you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon!
Pokemon!
Our hearts so true
Pokemon
Gotta catch 'em all!
Pokemon!
It's you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon!
Pokemon!
Our hearts so true
Pokemon
Gotta catch 'em all!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo who the **** is Susy-Man?
Lololol.

He's a MK main from Charlotte. He goes to GE frequently and apparently does well vs Ali (but it's MK...oh wait, PR discussion, focus). I haven't played him in many months though, so I can't even come close to gauging his skill right now.

What does SC think about splitting? There doesn't seem to be a point in staying together, especially since we have enough disputes among one state over who is better than who without having to factor in the added variables brought about by trying to include another state.

Zero, your last post makes me happy. Play me in Melee son!

We may actually get enough people to do NC MELEE rankings at this rate! That would be something I'd love to get into again!

Zero and Rag do need to play in Brawl though.

Top Bottom