• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Billbro and Lord Karn present: License to Bill 2/21, Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

Foxy

Smash Master
i think that if the new version of brawlplussery works, that would be excellent.

it would give NC a nice standard to run its tournaments on.

also, it has room to just mod MK's fall speed.

oh by the way, i'll put $20 dollars into the pot if you ban MK but let ME play him. because i suck.

lord karn

Smash Master
That's the idea.

Would you be satisfied with gravity inbetween what it's at now and Foxy's Codeset?
You mean what it is in the current Brawlplussery codest? Maybe, I would need to test it out. From playing the other one last night it seems like the changes to gravity really ***** a lot of characters. Some characters just get ***** off stage now because they fall so fast they can't really recover. Others seem to have more limited aerial games. For instance Yoshi couldn't do nearly as much as I did with him on Foxy's codeset. It seemed to favor the characters that have a really good high priority spammable aerial even more than they are in the other Brawl+. Maybe we didn't play enough, but it seemed like the list of 'good' characters in brawlplussery is much smaller than the list of 'good' characters in foxy's codeset.

lord karn

Smash Master
Btw, we will probably not ban MK, but we will wholeheartedly support ridicule and flaming directed at anyone playing as him. :)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I would agree with you that Yoshi is a lot worse just because I 4 stocked Jim's Yoshi with MK my first time using him. Sure Jim doesn't use Yoshi, but he saw all your combos and stuff and he didn't even get me over 100%. That's the only time I used MK, screw him :laugh:.

I'm sure there will be a beta 1.5 by the time of Billfest, so seeing how it evolves and making a decision seems like a good plan.

lord karn

Smash Master
The main reason Yoshi is nerfed is because he can't jump after a bair in a single short hop. But aside, from Yoshi sucking, I didn't like the way other characters felt either. I think Ike was the only person I liked in that codeset.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
What didn't you guys like about Link/Wolf? Those are the 2 most improved IMO. Now Link isn't alone in being the only person who can't recover from anywhere and he has tons of combos to make up for it, while Wolf can approach with his bair/fair now and not get punished for it. It's pretty sweet.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Karn, you should go to the topic and explain your findings and why you think it should be different. The more feedback they get, the better off the whole project is ultimately going to be.

Mohr

Smash Rookie
Wassup Mohr. Hope you can go bro.

Thanks, PeePee. It's good to get back into smash. I havn't played in awhile. Definitely looking forward to Billfest.

Also, we should have another chill night - not necessarily tourney, but just to play smash and MM a bit.

lord karn

Smash Master
Karn, you should go to the topic and explain your findings and why you think it should be different. The more feedback they get, the better off the whole project is ultimately going to be.
I was talking about it in the Foxy tourney thread and I think the falco guy I was talking to works on the brawlplussery code.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If you or anyone you know was at the ASU tourney, please check, or have the person you know check, to see if they have more copies of Melee than before they went to the tourney.

If they do, it's mine.

I should have just not taken my stuff to ASU. At the Billfests, at least my **** gets respected.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Ill bring the guns this time to make sure n0 one takes any shi*. Might have to beat some tail haha.

Friday night before bills tourney who wants to drink somewhere

Foxy

Smash Master
GOTS ME A BLUE NAME HOEEEEEEEEEEES

new custom av in the next few days that doesn't look like i'm 9 years old

also with my new hair

cutom avs + colored name makes people respect you.

Sengin

Smash Ace
If you or anyone you know was at the ASU tourney, please check, or have the person you know check, to see if they have more copies of Melee than before they went to the tourney.

If they do, it's mine.

I should have just not taken my stuff to ASU. At the Billfests, at least my **** gets respected.
I hope are not insinuating that it's only at the ASU tourney that people's crap gets stolen. I am sorry for your loss; something of mine got stolen (Brawl) as well. I have learned that whenever I go to tournaments to always, always know where my crap is at (usually in a backpack hidden away in a corner under a coat). I took my brawl copy out for a minute because I thought I needed it on a TV. Turns out I didn't, but I didn't put it away, and as a result, some **** took it. Teaches me not to leave it out.

Oh, and Bill/Karn, I'll be coming and bringing 4 others to smash, and my fiance will come as well just to hang out (if she can get work off).

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I'll probably be there Friday night Adam. We need practice yo.

Edit: I'm sure you all know the 3rd revision is out. They fixed Yoshi. You all would probably say they've overdone Falcon, unless you were looking for something a lot more akin to Melee. I like everything else.

Edit again: Falcon can drop zone. Win.

Top Bottom