• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Billbro and Lord Karn present: License to Bill 2/21, Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Is there gonna be a 64 bracket? Last time we did that, it didn't turn out very pretty. I'll definitely be breaking out some 64 smash madness here.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Is there gonna be a 64 bracket? Last time we did that, it didn't turn out very pretty. I'll definitely be breaking out some 64 smash madness here.
We should really do it. I'm not good at all and I'm hyped, it'll be fun, we should charge 3 bills (no pun intended) or so per entry and make it something. we just gotta have plenty of setups, it can happen (Alex also update the op with setup info.. remember i'm bringing 27" flatscreen plus a cube).

Foxy

Smash Master
I'll enter 64 if I get it on Homebrew and practice it before the tourney.

Which begs the question: are we playing it on the Wii or the N64?

Foxy

Smash Master
the play n' trade near me has brand new 3rd party 64 controllers and used copies of n64 games... i bet i could set myself up real nice and practice.

how many people actually play 64 here? i wanna know if i can have any shot at money if i practice.

lord karn

Smash Master
We were thinking about doing a brawl+ event similar to the 64 one that we had a few billfests ago. It would either be free, $1 entry, or $1 venue and that becomes the pot. What does everyone think about this? Would people rather have a side 64 tourney?

Foxy

Smash Master
I'd rather do Brawl+, for the tournament's sake, as it's a more accessible game to a larger audience of players.

While I'd like it to be a larger pot, it would still be good.

And oh man, I want to see your Yoshi again so badly. This time I'll try someone seriously other than MK (just nobody else was jiving), and see what happens.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN FLOPPIN LIKE THIS BEFORE

lord karn

Smash Master
I'd rather do Brawl+, for the tournament's sake, as it's a more accessible game to a larger audience of players.

While I'd like it to be a larger pot, it would still be good.

And oh man, I want to see your Yoshi again so badly. This time I'll try someone seriously other than MK (just nobody else was jiving), and see what happens.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN FLOPPIN LIKE THIS BEFORE
I'm thinking Brawl+ as well. We'll probably run it all day on only one or two tvs, but it will get done eventually. The one where we ran the 64 side tournament actually ended sooner than some of the others. @_@ I also have some ideas about fitting more setups into the apartment.

Bill just got Brawl+ on his Wii today, so I'll probably start playing it a lot. I think I'm going to learn Charizard and Squirtle in addition to Yoshi.

Foxy

Smash Master
Sounds good... obviously I can bring a Brawl+ setup too.

I'll practice a bit and find some more characters, although I really don't have anyone to play with offline.

What codeset will you use? Do you want me to just keep updating mine for NC?

Malk

Smash Champion
Guys I will be way more enthusiastic for this tourney if it includes brawl+ and 64. ALSO I call PP for teams on those two

HA FIRST BLOOD HE'S MINE

oh wait, we're not doing teams for those games are we?
*tears up*

lord karn

Smash Master
Sounds good... obviously I can bring a Brawl+ setup too.

I'll practice a bit and find some more characters, although I really don't have anyone to play with offline.

What codeset will you use? Do you want me to just keep updating mine for NC?
I don't know what Bill plans on doing, but I think your codeset is fine.

I doubt we'll have teams for those games.

Everyone bring TVs!

Foxy

Smash Master
oh god let's do teams for the heck of it

KARN team with me in brawl+

Team Metaflops

edit: i'll be going by a goodwill or something soon to nab like 4 cheap tv's, nc seems to be really short and they are good deals (like 5-20 dollars each). if i do so, then i can bring a number of them.

oh and i'll bring josh's tv that he left here.

lord karn

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll team with you if we have time to get it in.

Awesome. I think we can get at least 13 set ups in the apartment if use the layout that i have in mind + the patio and the kitchen this time.

Malk

Smash Champion
I can bring my baby tv if you guys want. I didn't even think to offer to bring it to foxy's lol, only problem is it needs a cable adaptor but..
well,
my PS2 has a cable adaptor ;]

Malk

Smash Champion
Ban Meta Knight from Brawl+

Would you kindly

I'm bringing a setup too
While I support the idea, it seems a bit ridiculous. Wait until someone forces PP to switch to metaknight to contend, and then we'll talk about a ban.

In other news, Zero you're in my crew ok?

Foxy

Smash Master
lol zero, but you almost beat me!

you held on for 72 minutes.

i won't play meta if i find another character i like through practice, but he's not INSANE. i think it's probable he's the best in the game but he does have a lot less combo potential that other broken characters.

yeah, not getting into this discussion again, but i would say don't ban him yet.

Foxy

Smash Master
not juggles, but from fairs, yes.

on most characters i think a dthrow to three fairs and an up-b might be a 0-death on a stage like Green Greens or Warioware.

Malk

Smash Champion
but he's not INSANE.
He is actually really insane and he is also even easier to play. I would consider banning him in brawl+ maybe even before banning him in brawl.

By the way this is Bilbillbill I am using Malk's account since some ***** reported me.

Vilt

Smash Lord
MK is mad crazy. I'd have to side will Billbro on this one and I am heavily against banning him in reg brawl. Our matches foxy were just stupid. No offense to UpB spammy guy(Foxy thats you.) xD

Billbro. I'm doing food runs again if we dont some free time for lunch. :D Yay food runs!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm usually lassez faire when it comes to bans (I support keeping Meta Knight in Brawl, I support Dedede's infinites, I support all gay things), but Meta Knight in Brawl+ is just too good. At least ZSS sucks at set-ups and Shiek sucks at killing.

Foxy

Smash Master
My two cents:

If I was barely able to beat Karn and Zero (and only 1-stocked Vilt in our match 2), then if you're all saying MK is insane in B+, the only logical explanation for those close games would be that I'm a complete trash player.

Normally I wouldn't argue with that point, but I do main MK is Brawl AND I have a lot of experience with B+ AND I'm pretty good at Melee. So... it's unlikely that I'm absolute trash.

And in that case, if MK was that broken, I think that I should have destroyed Zero and Karn rather than having close matches.

When talking about character traits and movesets, I completely support the ban. In theory, it makes perfect sense (apart from our lack of experience with possible broken things with other characters). However, in practice, it seems that he isn't good to the point of bannability.

Top Bottom