• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Gates

Banned via Warnings
How old did you think Kakashi was? According to official databooks he's about 30. He (and Obito) would have been the age Naruto is now when the village was attacked. It's not completely unreasonable.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, I presumed Kakashi and his class would have been around 12-13. Tobi's figure while fighting the Fourth was of equal height and build. But again, with the Zetsu "frames" it's not impossible. Besides, it's just too many factors pointing to Obito being the Tobi which killed the Fourth.

- Madara's frail state
- Zetsu's body frames
- Appropriate timeframe
- Spacetime ninjutsu

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Was talking to a friend about the end of the chapter, etc.

"If you want my detailed opinion I think Rin is a spy or some sort of target in which would jeopardize the success of the mission or endanger others. Kakashi follows through and kills Rin with tears, going back to the "friends vs. mission" mentality he had always held because of his father. This is pretty much a backstab to Obito since they had gone against the mission to rescue Rin during the Gaiden arc and that Kakashi promised to protect Rin. Seeing this is the primary switch that flips Obito to Tobi."

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
^hmm
if he shows Kakashi to have become partially self-loathing, referring to himself with that quote, I would have more respect for Kishi as a writer of characters

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
I've been a naruto lover since 2005 =]

and I like a variety of characters

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
he killed rin but since the eyes were originally obitos, obito got it instead right then?
Ohhhh, now that theory would make more sense. I thought you meant Kakashi because of context. But yeah that would be feasible I guess? Awakening the Mangekyou could lead to his prowess on the level of the Fourth. Though I don't remember if Itachi said the kills had to be personal in order to advance the Sharingan.

Thino

Smash Master
Just when you'd think Kishi would be able to make a part of the flashback that explains more about the situation?

no.

UUUOOOOOHHHHH
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH
-random mokuton-
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i dunno i think we can take a lot away from this chapter

and that page of kakashi and obito was pretty kick ***

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe Mandara mind controlled Kakashi in order to kill Rin and get Obito angry/ give him the advanced eye thing.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Given what the mist ninja have said, my guess is that Rin was either a spy or some sort of sleeper agent.

also, the ninja referred to themselves as being from the village of the bloody mist so maybe madara had control over their 4th kage before tobi made an appearance, and he set this whole ordeal up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was just looking at the shock on Kakashi's face when he noticed what he did.

My OTHER guess is he didn't know who the spy was until after he killed her

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
- Rin is definitely a spy or some unknown war potential.
- Too much "UUUOOOHHHH" and "OOOOHHHHH".
- So. Much. Blood.

It also confirms that the kills to advance the Sharingan into Mangekyo does not have to be physical, since Obito did not kill or want to kill Rin.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What if Kakashi is the one who advanced the sharingan into mangekyo because he killed Rin. Or by Obito's eye being in kakashi fulfilling the requirement.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This chapter was almost as bad as having poop jokes for 6 pages in the last chapter.

Anyways, it is a interesting premise. It wouldn't surprise me if at that time, Rin was Kakashi's best friend/cared for most. So the Mangekyo would have activated due to his own actions. One can make a case that the Mangekyo activates only due to its primary owner seeing the events.

Or maybe they both considered Rin the person they cared for, so it activated in both people?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
My best assumption would be that advancement and the needed kill is dependent on the eyes and not the person. Therefore, Rin was the closest person to Obito (duhh) and so when Kakashi killed her, it activated / advanced his and subsequently Kakashi's eyes. But since Kakashi isn't of Uchiha blood, the abilities took longer to develop.

Of course most of this is moot considering a whole two Uchiha are left. (Not counting Aizen obviously)

How broken would Hatake Kakashi have been if he also possessed the spacial intangibility Obito has?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This chapter was almost as bad as having poop jokes for 6 pages in the last chapter.
I agree. Incidentally though, "UUOOOOOOOOOH" is the sound I make when I'm having a bowel movement.

So am I the only one who found it kind of hard to tell what was going on in the action scenes?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey guys

wait

wait what's going on here

UOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

UOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

UOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hey guys

i won't accept this