• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Based off of that assumption, Aizen is a supernal being---forever apart from mortal existence, but absolutely necessary for its continuation.

My God, Aizenites.

Smooth Criminal

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The manga is underwhelming this week, but it will hopefully entail something amazing next week. Though Naruto has a bad habit of making chapters that do that consecutively.

-Rains on everyone's parade-

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The manga is underwhelming this week, but it will hopefully entail something amazing next week. Though Naruto has a bad habit of making chapters that do that consecutively.

-Rains on everyone's parade-
"A lot of people like this chapter, so I'll be different and dislike it because being different through contradiction is AWESOME!"

I enjoyed this chapter, imo.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
"A lot of people like this chapter, so I'll be different and dislike it because being different through contradiction is AWESOME!"
"Someone has said something in the minority, he must be trying to be unique and not really have that opinion, and I'll point that without thinking because mentally nonexistence is AWESOME!"

Anyways, I like Naruto a lot, but I've already expressed how this arc lacks in general to me personally. It is disappointing when you can sum up a chapter with a few words as to what happened, it didn't used to be like that, and it isn't like that for most manga. And like I've said, it does a lot of HYPE FOR NEXT CHAPTER! *repeats without delivering* BUT~ I really do like it when it delivers, when it does it delivers better than most manga. Even still, now it has become very narrowly aimed with delivery options, so they rush fights with developmentally non-existent characters and the story now embodies it's namesake, which isn't effective, especially since there are so many characters now, more than ever.

This manga is one of those that are much better reading in their actual printed volumes because the intangible chapters clump together and you get those deliveries easily, but as something that is serialized weekly, their section in the Jump Magazine just isn't as amazing as it once was.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I agree it's healthier as a reader to cover a manga through whole volumes without obstacles like waiting for the next week, so as someone who appreciates that, I feel you would agree that not every chapter should be independent with its own pivotal deliveries. To hate on lack of delivery from an individual chapter is just a consequence of the business that is Jump serialization. I wouldn't say the series itself is to blame.

Every chapter ought to be able to be summed up in a few words. For the sake their ultimate accumulation into a long story, which is how chapters ought to be viewed: as incomplete segments.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I agree it's healthier as a reader to cover a manga through whole volumes without obstacles like waiting for the next week, so as someone who appreciates that, I feel you would agree that not every chapter should be independent with its own pivotal deliveries. To hate on lack of delivery from an individual chapter is just a consequence of the business that is Jump serialization. I wouldn't say the series itself is to blame.

Every chapter ought to be able to be summed up in a few words. For the sake their ultimate accumulation into a long story, which is how chapters ought to be viewed: as incomplete segments.
Yeah, I'm not saying everything has to be pivotal, it isn't either point or pivotal, there are a ton of middle grounds between the two, and moderation should be aimed at until crucial points where something pivotal should happen, and its either nothing is happening or something big happens, and it is generally the former. I understand that Jump's publishing format is entirely to blame for the setup, but Kishimoto has handled it well before, and others as well, and it should be done in light of what is publishing his story.

And they should feel like incomplete segments, but it is only my opinion that it shouldn't be so finely cut and that the story plot itself irrespective of anything to do with Jump causes it to drag out moments that are seemingly overshadowed by a few centered characters, whereas early on Naruto was capable of having a large cast of three dimensional-ish characters. I do see what you mean however.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
And they should feel like incomplete segments, but it is only my opinion that it shouldn't be so finely cut and that the story plot itself irrespective of anything to do with Jump causes it to drag out moments that are seemingly overshadowed by a few centered characters, whereas early on Naruto was capable of having a large cast of three dimensional-ish characters. I do see what you mean however.
I dunno, I feel it's pretty appropriate for the climax of the series to be spearheaded by the character the series is named after

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I dunno, I feel it's pretty appropriate for the climax of the series to be spearheaded by the character the series is named after
Bahah so true! But I don't consider the entirety of "Shippuden" or less strictly, the last couple arcs as the climax for the series, but this is simply my whack standards.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
this is why you download your manga so you can read the previous week's chapter before you read the next

i know im treading thin ice here, but scanlation itself is always on thin ice

Staz

Smash Lord
who here plays ultimate ninja storm 2? anyone excited for generations? the in-game anime looks effin amazing :3

I'm up to date with the manga, and man are things getting soooo intense.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holy **** that was a good chapter! Keep'em coming like this Kishimoto! Haha Naruto and Fourth Hokage fans are going to lose it. XD Can't wait for next week!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
seriously, rofl

going a little bleach on us with a transformation that really makes no sense. i understand changing naruto's body but HIS CLOTHES? come on hahahaha.

shoutouts to beams

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well that explains why I like it so much, senseless transformations always get me, dang.

Top Bottom