• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N.O.O.B. 3- January 15, 2011- Target is the SOUTH: GA, FL, LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrach8

Smash Lord
You know what the deal is.

Rule set

Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Counterpicks 1v1:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.
One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Copyright Alexstrife apex2010.

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
i guess second to last week of july and good luck skrach

btw who lives relatively close to the NOOB venue and would like to play smash this summer?

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
WOO, was this cuz i told you there's nothing going on in July? =}

And I would love to make it to this. Maybe I can convince SFL to show up with a little more warning this time.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
i guess second to last week of july and good luck skrach

btw who lives relatively close to the NOOB venue and would like to play smash this summer?
THIS
I'm down.
I'll bring my setup too. **** trilobytes gaming for saying they wouldn't have enough "space".
Just shove a tv over a few inches and let us play in the empty space on a table! TV+ gamecube doesn't need its own mofo table.

HELLZYEAH
I was waitin' for some sort of NOOB tourney this summah!
DO THIS SHIIIIT

p.s., good luck skrach!

Zone

Smash Champion
Hopefully the end of the month.

(Possibly the beginning if oil hits around that time)

I'd prefer it toward the end of the month. IF oil doesn't hit my beaches then early july will be out of the question for me.

MAJOR EDIT:

Not on the same weekend as FAP plz.

skrach8

Smash Lord
yo thats what im sayin juan. the more we space our tournaments apart, the better they are. Instead of throwing small monthly tournaments, have one every other month. IDK, but the best of luck to you.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

But I doubt I can make mid july.

I'll be in Oregon for 3 weeks starting the beginning of july. So if it's the end of july I probably have a better chance of making it

PB&J

Smash Hero
it coast more than u think..

can u host this like the last week of july.i have this big christian concert in the middle of july and im not missing that for anything , so if u host this like the 24th or i can try to bring alot of goergians..thanks

nicaboy

Smash Champion
it coast more than u think..

can u host this like the last week of july.i have this big christian concert in the middle of july and im not missing that for anything , so if u host this like the 24th or i can try to bring alot of goergians..thanks
Actualy sfl can probably come if this is the deal.

Hows the 31st?

skrach8

Smash Lord
@ kuya, the venue itself doesnt have a "price" per say. I give the owner 20% of the total pot. The door fee, if there is one, covers the tables and chairs.

So think of it like this: *Assuming there are exactly 40 entrants

40 entrants x $5 dollars in door fees = $200

40 singles entrants x $15 entrance fee = $600

20 teams entrants x $20 entrance fee = $400

Tables and chairs cost about $60 if I deliver them to the venue and back, so:
$200 - $60= $140 towards pot

$1140 x 20% = $228 is the cost of the venue *assuming all 40 people enter both events as well as excluding discounts for brought setups.

The door fee covers a large portion of what I owe the owner in the end. If i could somehow figure out where to get tables and what not for free, the pots would be a little larger.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I wanna try again. These tournaments are too fun!

I forgot to tell you guys, I played Plank's Sheik at that CEO tournament. He did this edgeguard on me that was completely obscure because I was under the edge of Poke stadium where you couldn't even see the characters anymore. I was puzzled and do you know what he did? Plank laughed at me... with MY laughter. I'm didn't get mad or anything, but I'm kinda salty that he took my own laughter taunt and used it on me. That's was MY laugh.

*Looks down at Mojo*
!! oh s***, not him again!
*Runs away and hides behind a rock*

Finch

Smash Lord
wait you have a $5 door fee and singles is $15? That's abnormally high. Gigs did $15 for singles because $5 of that was the door fee. If you have a door fee then singles should be $10

Frames

DI
@ kuya, the venue itself doesnt have a "price" per say. I give the owner 20% of the total pot. The door fee, if there is one, covers the tables and chairs.

So think of it like this: *Assuming there are exactly 40 entrants

40 entrants x $5 dollars in door fees = $200

40 singles entrants x $15 entrance fee = $600

20 teams entrants x $20 entrance fee = $400

Tables and chairs cost about $60 if I deliver them to the venue and back, so:
$200 - $60= $140 towards pot

$1140 x 20% = $228 is the cost of the venue *assuming all 40 people enter both events as well as excluding discounts for brought setups.

The door fee covers a large portion of what I owe the owner in the end. If i could somehow figure out where to get tables and what not for free, the pots would be a little larger.
you could save money by having him take the percentage from the pot BEFORE the door fee is added...the pot would be smaller so he can take 20 percent of that which is only 200...then after he's paid just add the door fee in to make up the difference in the pot...it'll be bigger than if he took percents from the whole pot so it'll help a little bit at least

skrach8

Smash Lord
@finch.... noted and noted

@frames..... noted and noted..... and thats exactly what im gunna do.

@everyone else........................................................................................................................do you want a lower entrance fee or do you want me to pay out to more placings? like top five maybe.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Ihave had no problems with this fee. I like the venue and this tourney usually has a nice turnout.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
@finch.... noted and noted

@frames..... noted and noted..... and thats exactly what im gunna do.

@everyone else........................................................................................................................do you want a lower entrance fee or do you want me to pay out to more placings? like top five maybe.
deeper payout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom