• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My WeeGee Senses are TINGLING!! O_o (boss)

boss8

Smash Hero
Well I wouldn't necessarily give up on Luigi, but just learn when to use him.

If you are trying to be a top competitive player and want to win then you NEED to main a top tier. There are no exceptions to this, you need a top tier. Now that isn't saying that every matchup you play you are going to like.

Honestly Luigi is an excellent secondary for certain matchups. There are some matchups where you can use him in that may be better then who you are currently using.

If you are trying to be competitive and are trying to win, don't limit yourself by soloing Luigi. Take it from me, it's not worth the stress of playing in tourney.

As sanford said, "just main a top tier". But use Luigi for certain matchups.
for some reason i feel confident going luigi all the time....like nothing can really stop me.....

idk why but playing luigi makes me feel so comfortable......

maybe its just knowing i have an auto kill button with a read xD

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I'm losing faith in my beloved WeeGee :( And I'm getting sick of losing. Especially after playing tons of Meta Knights. Even if I'm clearly the better player they will win just because they're meta.

The other day I was playing matches on GameBattles with someone who was MK, and I decided to use different characters (Peach and ZSS), and I was surprised how easy to was. And those are characters I hardly ever use, especially during competitive play.

So does anybody have any encouragement for a fellow hopeless WeeGee player before they decide to give up and switch their main?
Hey Lithium, remember this?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11579841#post11579841

I'm not trying to be a **** or anything, but We told you so.

Even though I'm saying that, I downgraded back to Mario. lol
It was where I started out, and I decided it will be who I'm going to end it with.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Screw that I'm keeping Luigi as my main, though I am working on characters to use for some of his harder matchups.
I mean that's fine as well, just make sure that you have a strong secondary and that you map out your matchups well. Starting out the set in a disadvantage can hurt you a lot in the long run being down 1-0 because someone switches characters on you.

for some reason i feel confident going luigi all the time....like nothing can really stop me.....

idk why but playing luigi makes me feel so comfortable......

maybe its just knowing i have an auto kill button with a read xD
He's comfortable for me to, whenever I play him I feel like I'm really trying to outthink my opponents and to try and trick them into doing something. It's getting harder and harder though to do this nowadays, as we are not coming up with new tricks and people are getting wise to our act.
If people just played a "dance around and poke Luigi" game, there won't be anything left to read. I think Luigi's metagame will cycle on getting kills with aerials soon. Meaning that we would need to save our aerials in order to kill anyone. You don't get killed by Luigi on the ground unless you make a HUGE mistake.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
LOL I noticed this too. Its like, the best way to kill now is a fresh bair =/

Otherwise have fun getting a good read or waiting for them to do something really stupid on shield and nair them lol

LithiumLuigi

Smash Cadet
Hey Lithium, remember this?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11579841#post11579841

I'm not trying to be a **** or anything, but We told you so.

Even though I'm saying that, I downgraded back to Mario. lol
It was where I started out, and I decided it will be who I'm going to end it with.
Yes I do, and I was actually thinking about that as I was typing it. I'm surprised you remembered.

But Luigi's always going to be my main. I'm not going to resort to Meta, but I'll just start practicing with a higher tier character.

I've been using WeeGee since the first Smash game and I don't plan on stopping until I'm one of the best WeeGee-ers of all time!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
its fast...i would imagine you have enough time to do something else even if they did airdodge it...

low %'s-if you miss it just follow them and continue the combo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FCsyA9lyLQ <---- around 2:09-2:10 he airdodges my uair...but that doesnt stop me from continuing the combo

high %'s-it def doesnt combo but i like to SH towards my opponent to make him scared xD

i've slimmed down so much the past few months you havent seen me...i also dnt really eat as much as i use to....so prob not bro...wanna settle for chipotle?? xD

^ he knows

ALSO WEEGEE MAINS

you guys should learn this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjFQtAubet4

PSC>JAB>up-b LOL so ****..
not that much...jus a lil bit haha
dam even slimmer than when i saw u at apex?

i must see this at pound 5

lawl

do work tho good ****
O_O

I haven't noticed.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Yes I do, and I was actually thinking about that as I was typing it. I'm surprised you remembered.

But Luigi's always going to be my main. I'm not going to resort to Meta, but I'll just start practicing with a higher tier character.

I've been using WeeGee since the first Smash game and I don't plan on stopping until I'm one of the best WeeGee-ers of all time!
Keep at it :)

FIREL

Smash Ace
What's a better finisher (after I combo someone off stage), a b-air wall of pain or d-air meteor.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
bair wall of pain is better
D-air meteor is too hard to hit consistently to be reliable and you need to be super close.

zZBlazeZz

Smash Rookie
boss do you do personal match vid critiques if we post them here? since this is your thread to answer people's questions im not sure if that counts/is just too much work.

if you do then here is the vid i would like you to critique. the match is so even throughout that your bound to see stuff i need to improve on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtWbSrezi_I

boss8

Smash Hero
boss do you do personal match vid critiques if we post them here? since this is your thread to answer people's questions im not sure if that counts/is just too much work.

if you do then here is the vid i would like you to critique. the match is so even throughout that your bound to see stuff i need to improve on.

seems like your playing a little to wreckless try spacing and playing alot safer....

i see your jab game is good

other then that...you need to work on jus being patient....

FIREL

Smash Ace

Cool use of green missile at 3:00.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I have noticed Luigi players, especially YoshQ, BigLou and Boss are fantastic at reading rolls and spot dodges to get their fire punch to connect. Lots of times it is jab into predict, Boss my question to you is "what are some other setups that Luigi players use to bait into rolls or spot dodges?" Are there natural situations where people just "have" to roll and luigi players capitalize on it? I find this interesting, because Luigi players out of everyone are the best at punishing spot dodges and rolls.

boss8

Smash Hero
I have noticed Luigi players, especially YoshQ, BigLou and Boss are fantastic at reading rolls and spot dodges to get their fire punch to connect. Lots of times it is jab into predict, Boss my question to you is "what are some other setups that Luigi players use to bait into rolls or spot dodges?" Are there natural situations where people just "have" to roll and luigi players capitalize on it? I find this interesting, because Luigi players out of everyone are the best at punishing spot dodges and rolls.
there is the-

jab up-b

double jab up-b

stand there and do nothing xD

walk forward and wait

walk backwards and wait...

these are just some mindgames....

there really is no guranteed setups......jus follow your opponents DI off of a jab or double jab...

PortCity

Smash Ace
Thanks, I'm a diddy kong player, and I'm trying to learn to read/bait rolls better so I can punish them. I figure no better people to ask than a Luigi player. Yeah I know it is all mind games, that is kinda the point of me putting "have" in quotes. Sometimes people just get the urge to roll and/or spot dodge and good Luigi players always seem to have Max Meter and hit them with lvl 5 supers for those mistakes. ;)

Nunchucks

Smash Rookie
I do pretty well at most parts of Weegee's game, but I still need to incorporate more of his jab.
Any ideas on how I might be able to improve my jab game?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
He is Dk's hidden brother excommunicated from the other monkeys for his love of broccolli rather than bananas

WHAT UP

boss8

Smash Hero
Mindgames... does anyone know where to start?
mindames are nothing but an attempt to get your opponent to do the thing he doesnt wanna do....for example...(i normally walk around while my opponents at up-b range) just to scare him into rolling or spotdodging...

Boss how do you play the marth matchup?
honestly thats one of my harder matchups.....

Pros-
fireballs
tornado
kill power
range

Cons-
his range is greater
can swat fireballs with his sword
his up-b can get him out of alot of situations
his spacing and camping makes it almost impossible to approach....

Honestly i try to sneak a few surprise tornado attacks to get marth into the air and begin a juggle,pivot grab,mindgames,etc....wish i had a vid to show you =[,but ur gonna wanna just wait for an opening in the meantime in this matchup once you have marth on the ropes....dnt let off.Atleast until he hits you...then go back to camping and waiting for an opening...

Boss what is a Broccoli Kong?
a green donkeykong? xD
Boss would you mind posting your thoughts about using crawling to approach easier in my thread?
am i to late?
Why is Luigi so slow?
blame sakurai -_^b
boss were you serious when you asked if I wanted to money match you? :/
i mean....why wouldnt i be?

FIREL

Smash Ace
Is it possible to jab lock someone to infinite using the first hit of neutral A? Or can it be used like ike's jab. (With Luigi)

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Actually, Luigi can lock with fireballs, but only like 4 or 5 hits if u start close since u don't have the time to move and the opponent will slowly get out of range, but it's posseble and just like with the regular jablocks, u can just wait for the getup and like, upB or Fsmash him.

PsY^

Smash Rookie
What is a effective move to do after crawldash -> dtilt -> ?
Since the stun of the dtilt is so short I could only think of a jab combo?

Top Bottom