• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My WeeGee Senses are TINGLING!! O_o (boss)

boss8

Smash Hero
Basically this is a thread where u can ask me ANYTHING about your fav green plumber.....and ill answer for ya =]

i have aim also = shadowmnvol3

who knws maybe the secret to my ground breaking reads will be answered!! O_o

na but ask away weegee mains =P

NOTE: Ask a stupid question....get a stupid answer xD

refrences:

lil G
YoshQ
biglou
hippydude
crash

-_^b

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Should Luigi ever begin his assault in the air? I feel like that is a huge downfall of his, and that walking jabs are better, then when you pop them up then try to get the reads to chase them in the air, seeing as how Luigi struggles in the air unless you are in control.

boss8

Smash Hero
Should Luigi ever begin his assault in the air? I feel like that is a huge downfall of his, and that walking jabs are better, then when you pop them up then try to get the reads to chase them in the air, seeing as how Luigi struggles in the air unless you are in control.
i mainly begin most of my fights on the ground.....and spending most of my time trying to get out of the air xD

Is luigi able to camp? If yes, against who?

:(
Luigi can camp you would just hafe to retreat everything (fireballs,tilts,fsmash's,etc)

Retreating-as in studdard step reverse jabs,fireballs,tilts,lol you get it

though his camp game isnt really that effective...

Character wise-thats something i cant really help you with....if i feel i can beat that chracter im not really going to camp...and most high tiers have priority over you so camping isnt really that strong of an idea...not saying go completely aggro..lol

Savon

Smash Ace
Ok. I am just picking up Luigi again because I forgot how fun he was, so I have quite a few questions.

What are some of the general ways to set up an up-b on another character. I know it varies a lot, but the one that generally works on most of the cast.

How should I be trying to approach my opponent during a fight. Do I want to try and force them to come to me like Fox or Snake?

Is Luigi's dair a viable spike? Or should I just be using it for the nice horizontal knockback?

What is Luigi's best aerial for momentum canceling.

What move should be my go to kill move when my opponent is in kill range? Fsmash? Nair? Up-B? Which one is the safest/easiest to set up.

Does the cyclone have any practical uses outside of recovering? Same goes for the side-B.

How should I be using my fireballs throughout a fight?

That is all for now. Thanks in advance bro.

boss8

Smash Hero
Ok. I am just picking up Luigi again because I forgot how fun he was, so I have quite a few questions.

What are some of the general ways to set up an up-b on another character. I know it varies a lot, but the one that generally works on most of the cast.

sliding jab up-b might be his most reliable one...its opponent DI dependant....but sliding up-b doesnt dissapoint..

How should I be trying to approach my opponent during a fight. Do I want to try and force them to come to me like Fox or Snake?

Nope-most of the cast has tools that can keep weegee away..so trying to force your opponent to come to you would be really hard....you hafe to get that lead and keep it...

Space-if you have this tool it comes in handy against campers...otherwise surprise nados'fireballs and retreating is all you have...(vs campy people)

Is Luigi's dair a viable spike? Or should I just be using it for the nice horizontal knockback?

If you knw where the hitbox is and you see the oppurtunity to spike BY ALL MEANS go for it...i use dair to space or hit my opponents shield and fallback haha

i would think missle>fair>uair?

What move should be my go to kill move when my opponent is in kill range? Fsmash? Nair? Up-B? Which one is the safest/easiest to set up.

Fsmash-is safe if you space it well and weegee can even spam it.

Nair/OOS nair-Nair is amazing for setups i learned this about 2 months ago..OOS nair pushes your opponents away as you full hop away safely...and nair being a killer around 120%

up-B-Is situational...going for them might be a little risky...

Does the cyclone have any practical uses outside of recovering? Same goes for the side-B.

cyclone- can be used offensively as a surprise attack.....

missle- lol i mean it might be good for mindgames but other then that you really shouldnt be using this move..

Fireballs-use them sparingly but you dnt wanna spam this to much...it kind leaves weegee open..

That is all for now. Thanks in advance bro.
if you feel these answers are wrong there will be plenty of other help around the weegee boards...

-_^b no prob brah

BSP

Smash Legend
Boss do you still go Luigi vs. MK? If yes, wtf do you do to not get *****?

How do you approach the Diddy MU? AFAIK it's still listed in Luigi's favor, but whenever I fight diddy, he seems to have sooo much ground control, and he can punish and outpriotitize our air attacks with fair. Any advice would be nice.

LithiumLuigi

Smash Cadet
Hey boss I was just watching some of your WeeGee videos and it has inspired me to become even better with my weegee! It also shows that you don't have to resort to using MK

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by Savon View Post

sliding jab up-b might be his most reliable one...its opponent DI dependant....but sliding up-b doesnt dissapoint..

U should be carefull against heavytiers, because jab --> upb can be easily powershield. I think, the best option is to read your oppenent very well, and try to shoryken him just 1 time in the whole match, there where he doesn't expect it.

Nope-most of the cast has tools that can keep weegee away..so trying to force your opponent to come to you would be really hard....you hafe to get that lead and keep it...

Space-if you have this tool it comes in handy against campers...otherwise surprise nados'fireballs and retreating is all you have...(vs campy people)

that's true, the best option to attack your oppenent, is to counter attack his moves. With luigi u shouldn't strike first, for example against Marth, u would lose every contact. watch out, be carefull, wait the first strike of the oppenent, and punish his move.

If you knw where the hitbox is and you see the oppurtunity to spike BY ALL MEANS go for it...i use dair to space or hit my opponents shield and fallback haha

i would think missle>fair>uair?

really? i thought it were jump fair --> missile

Fsmash-is safe if you space it well and weegee can even spam it.

Nair/OOS nair-Nair is amazing for setups i learned this about 2 months ago..OOS nair pushes your opponents away as you full hop away safely...and nair being a killer around 120%

up-B-Is situational...going for them might be a little risky...

cyclone- can be used offensively as a surprise attack.....

missle- lol i mean it might be good for mindgames but other then that you really shouldnt be using this move..

Fireballs-use them sparingly but you dnt wanna spam this to much...it kind leaves weegee open..

Play defensif with fireball. B neutral but jump backwards. or try to read the landing of the oppenent and fireball mindgame him, so that he's hitting from it, maybe u can punish him easier like that ^^

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Guess I'ma play Luigi again... this game is just too boring lol.

Is downthrow to Uair guaranteed? I know this is all probably stupid known but I never really sat down and tested cuz it works on some but doesnt on others. if it isn't is there anything guaranteed out of downthrow?

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
jbandrew, i don't think, thats guaranteed, maybe when u balance ur game after the throw it can hit for suprise moments

boss8

Smash Hero
Guess I'ma play Luigi again... this game is just too boring lol.

Is downthrow to Uair guaranteed? I know this is all probably stupid known but I never really sat down and tested cuz it works on some but doesnt on others. if it isn't is there anything guaranteed out of downthrow?
its fast...i would imagine you have enough time to do something else even if they did airdodge it...

low %'s-if you miss it just follow them and continue the combo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FCsyA9lyLQ <---- around 2:09-2:10 he airdodges my uair...but that doesnt stop me from continuing the combo

high %'s-it def doesnt combo but i like to SH towards my opponent to make him scared xD

Boss can we has a buffet eating MM

I'm hippydood I fkin got this
i've slimmed down so much the past few months you havent seen me...i also dnt really eat as much as i use to....so prob not bro...wanna settle for chipotle?? xD

jbandrew, i don't think, thats guaranteed, maybe when u balance ur game after the throw it can hit for suprise moments
^ he knows

ALSO WEEGEE MAINS

you guys should learn this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjFQtAubet4

PSC>JAB>up-b LOL so ****..

Snizz

Smash Rookie
Do you consider yourself more of a Mario main or Luigi main? Or is like a straight up duel main?

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Guys i'm pretty sure that uair is guaranteed on a few characters at low percents. It just depends on that character's mobility. For example, wario can escape uair easier than Mk can from what I've experienced.

If u want a follow up that's even more guaranteed, just use utilt.

Neko Crispy

Smash Cadet
This is an awesome thread. :3

Just wondering? What's Luigi's best stage?

And also, what are Luigi's best tools to take down his older brother Mario?

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Guys i'm pretty sure that uair is guaranteed on a few characters at low percents. It just depends on that character's mobility. For example, wario can escape uair easier than Mk can from what I've experienced.

If u want a follow up that's even more guaranteed, just use utilt.
my friend AD's my uair with ALL his characters.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
my friend AD's my uair with ALL his characters.
^this

MK or Marth are really difficult ton chain them with luigi...

mk can upb so easily... you must know the mu.
At the moment, i'm working srsly the MU Luigi-MK. And i have already few results. I think for this summer, I'll be finished with this.

boss8

Smash Hero
This is an awesome thread. :3

Just wondering? What's Luigi's best stage?

And also, what are Luigi's best tools to take down his older brother Mario?
luigi's best stage-im assuming anything with platforms so you can get combos started...though some people like wierd stages O__o...

best:

-battlefield
-yoshis
-frigate
-lylat (its good for luigi but the edges move up and down)
-stadium 2
-halberd

Avoid:

-castle siege
-rainbow/brinstar
-norfair
-japes
(mainly gay cp stages)

vs mario-you may wanna avoid being above mario......as he is gonna try to avoid being above you....its basically a grounded fight....mario has the tools he needs to gimp your recovery so watch out for that....but anyways.......

pros vs mario

-you can nair out of combos xD
-your jab has more range/priority
-luigi hits harder/kills faster
-your recovery makes marios recovery look like ness xD

cons vs mario

-cape/fludd leaves your recovery alot harder to use.....
-he is faster/more range
-he has traction (doesnt slide when you hit his shield) giving him a follow up OOS
-your a floaty and mario can combo you pretty solidly
-better camp game

Neko Crispy

Smash Cadet
luigi's best stage-im assuming anything with platforms so you can get combos started...though some people like wierd stages O__o...

best:

-battlefield
-yoshis
-frigate
-lylat (its good for luigi but the edges move up and down)
-stadium 2
-halberd

Avoid:

-castle siege
-rainbow/brinstar
-norfair
-japes
(mainly gay cp stages)

vs mario-you may wanna avoid being above mario......as he is gonna try to avoid being above you....its basically a grounded fight....mario has the tools he needs to gimp your recovery so watch out for that....but anyways.......

pros vs mario

-you can nair out of combos xD
-your jab has more range/priority
-luigi hits harder/kills faster
-your recovery makes marios recovery look like ness xD

cons vs mario

-cape/fludd leaves your recovery alot harder to use.....
-he is faster/more range
-he has traction (doesnt slide when you hit his shield) giving him a follow up OOS
-your a floaty and mario can combo you pretty solidly
-better camp game
Okay, thanks Boss.

I was playing against a Mario at a Smash Fest today and I was able to beat him :D I was having trouble with his Mario last week so that's why I ask.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
yeah this happen to me too xD

i feel some days, more luck with misfires, then other days. (it were be nice, that it comes during tournaments :awesome: )

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I count on misfires when all hope is lost.
If I'm losing really bad, d-throw > misfire is a very reliable option.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
hm i would say, its 65-35 :/

But it depends off the skill too. Luigi can kill MK early, just know how to do it. I almost won against Staco, "best" german player. He won 1 stock 89 % :/

LithiumLuigi

Smash Cadet
I'm losing faith in my beloved WeeGee :( And I'm getting sick of losing. Especially after playing tons of Meta Knights. Even if I'm clearly the better player they will win just because they're meta.

The other day I was playing matches on GameBattles with someone who was MK, and I decided to use different characters (Peach and ZSS), and I was surprised how easy to was. And those are characters I hardly ever use, especially during competitive play.

So does anybody have any encouragement for a fellow hopeless WeeGee player before they decide to give up and switch their main?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Well I wouldn't necessarily give up on Luigi, but just learn when to use him.

If you are trying to be a top competitive player and want to win then you NEED to main a top tier. There are no exceptions to this, you need a top tier. Now that isn't saying that every matchup you play you are going to like.

Honestly Luigi is an excellent secondary for certain matchups. There are some matchups where you can use him in that may be better then who you are currently using.

If you are trying to be competitive and are trying to win, don't limit yourself by soloing Luigi. Take it from me, it's not worth the stress of playing in tourney.

As sanford said, "just main a top tier". But use Luigi for certain matchups.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Honestly Luigi is an excellent secondary for certain matchups. There are some matchups where you can use him in that may be better then who you are currently using.
Screw that I'm keeping Luigi as my main, though I am working on characters to use for some of his harder matchups.

Top Bottom