• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My WeeGee Senses are TINGLING!! O_o (boss)

PsY^

Smash Rookie
And what are the possabilities against the Marth matchup after a downthrow at low % before he can use dolph. Slash?

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Probably up-tilt, and that's it.
If you know hes going to dolph.slash out of it, just dthrown and shield. You'll get a free up'b.

Marth completely shuts down Luigi in every way, use someone else against him. Its like 70:30

steep

Smash Lord
you hafe to press it super fast.....

preferably playing mario party helps....xD
Lol ok. I just can't seem to get it to work.... I can do it after a jump, but when I try without jumping beforehand (offstage) then I just keep falling, or maybe just stall for a moment before continuing to fall. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong..... I'll try working on it though and if I can get it to work I'll let you know..... lol

yoshq

Smash Master
no. nonono. it's easy to press it fast, the secret is not fast falling. i had to learn this the hard way because everyone is always like, mash the b button! lol

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Could you play me or some other Luigi mainer on here to give me a critique on my game play?

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I know some of the standard approaches.. I know:

Short hop dair
Cyclone
Bair
Crossups
Running up and shielding
Jab game

What else would you suggest?

I find double jab cancelling really useful.. its good for jab grab mix ups and such.

Also lol@Luigis shield grabbing. I guess nair would be good oos like boss mentioned. What else is good oos?

Also is bthrow a viable option as a kill move?

:phone:

FIREL

Smash Ace
I usually spam a crapload of fireballs to approach (depends on oppoment) ... along with that other stuff.
B-throw, reliably kills around 150% - 200%.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
you hafe to press it super fast.....

preferably playing mario party helps....xD
I do this, but it still doesn't work in every situation. I can do it in the air when I have solid ground below me. But if there is just air, I hover for a sec before I start falling. I'm a very quick button masher, so why would it work for me only when there is ground below me?

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
Need to mash faster.... =P OR don't fast fall.
yea is there a special way not to fast fall? I can't tell if I'm just fast falling or not pressing B fast enough. I think I remember reading that you can buffer it out of missle?

I don't know how many times I've been ***** by someone reading my second jump and ****ing up my momentum.... being able to cyclone without a jump would be amazing.

steep

Smash Lord
Hey boss I have a question about when you play luigi. I notice that you hardly ever use the cyclone to recover and usually use side b. is there a specific reason why you don't use down b? Have I just not realized that it's bad yet or something? because i use the cyclone all the time right now.

boss8

Smash Hero
Hey boss I have a question about when you play luigi. I notice that you hardly ever use the cyclone to recover and usually use side b. is there a specific reason why you don't use down b? Have I just not realized that it's bad yet or something? because i use the cyclone all the time right now.
it depends....if im fighting against an MK im gonna do the (snake recovery) so that he is fooled everytime...come down with B reverse fireballs...

i mean its a REALLY good thing to use sparingly...im not gonna use it ASAP...cause it will be gone when i need it...then im screwed xD

Dyclone

Smash Ace
^he meant without that second jump
@Steep just tilt the analog stick down so you don't fastfall and make it harder to rise and i think in you press your thumb on the B button and then move the controller as fast as you can it may work out. maybe. I worked out better for me.

steep

Smash Lord
@boss - That makes sense! I figured that's probably what it was, but I just wanted to ask so I could be sure. I am trying to get to be a much better brawler in general and I have found that I have to ask questions so that I can learn from the best! : ) Are you planning on going to SiiS5? I would love to play a friendly or something and get some advice from you in person about both my Mario and my Luigi.

@Dyclone - Thanks a bunch for the advice! I've gotten a lot better at it atually. I never realized I was fast falling and screwing myself over. ha ha

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
need some help

I've got a few requests for boss or anyone who thinks they can help.

I know luigi vs mk is terrible but I'm also sure I could be playing it better. Can someone give me a run down on the matchup? bait tricks how to punish reads best.

I have been loosing to all my friends mks even though only 1 mains him... getting 2 stocked is a pretty common occurance. I have fox in my back pocket if I need him but I wanna try everything I can with weegee first.

A link to some good vids would be cool, all I can find are a few boss vs random mks.. maybe one or two yoshq games?

2nd request is there a good way to practice mashing b faster? I can't do it at all without my 2nd jump. I'm pretty sure i'm not fastfalling... but I can never do more then a stall or a slight rise:( This would help my recovery so much.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Alright guys I'm back... to stay this time. Sorry, but I've realized that this game is just a game, and I should only enjoy it through fun, no matter the win/loss ratio :). Luigi's back!!!

boss8

Smash Hero
Alright guys I'm back... to stay this time. Sorry, but I've realized that this game is just a game, and I should only enjoy it through fun, no matter the win/loss ratio :). Luigi's back!!!
this is exactly what i do when i play brawl.....i dnt even wry about the competition....i jus play for fun...besides..every move i do with luigi makes me laugh xD

luigi so silly...

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Going all Luigi at KTAR!! lets gooooo. (maybe some MK in doubles and I'll go MK in singles if someone tries to time me out or does that gay snake shiz where they walk back and ftilt anything u do with a random nade in the air -.-)

steep

Smash Lord
Confessions of a Mario Main- I love using Luigi because HE HAS KILL POWER and I love it when I get that tough read for an early kill.... Plus, he can recover. lol And he's just hilarious.

The reason i posted this here is because I am going to be using Luigi for the first time in tourney at SiiS5 for some of my matches.... any advice on MU's that I should definitely know going in boss? I know the basics, but I am trying to decide which characters to go Mario against, and which characters to go Luigi against. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

boss8

Smash Hero
Confessions of a Mario Main- I love using Luigi because HE HAS KILL POWER and I love it when I get that tough read for an early kill.... Plus, he can recover. lol And he's just hilarious.

The reason i posted this here is because I am going to be using Luigi for the first time in tourney at SiiS5 for some of my matches.... any advice on MU's that I should definitely know going in boss? I know the basics, but I am trying to decide which characters to go Mario against, and which characters to go Luigi against. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
i mean i love both the mario bros

personally i would start off as luigi jus cause he has the kill moves,Mario can also kill it would just take more time and effort....

it all depends on who u feel more comfortable with tbh...sometimes i feel my mario is on point...so ill pick him...when my luigi is on fire i go with luigi...

i never go by what character i am fighting against...i just go by how well im playing with the plumbers....

you def wanna knw the top 10 characters...cause those are the ones ur gonna see the most of...

steep

Smash Lord
^^^ Thank you for that advice boss! I hope to play you someday, and maybe you can give me some pointers! If not, I'll get some new videos and you can maybe give me some advice on them instead!

steep

Smash Lord
Yeah I've been really working on being patient with Luigi especially. Waiting for them to commit and then punishing. And reminding myself to walk instead of run.

Top Bottom