• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
sorry to go all off topic here. i'm not gonna argue or debate but i did have something to say. report me if it really bugs anyone:

if fan fiction is so awesome why are you ashamed of it being labelled as such?

all of fiction, and all of art, is based on communication. it's impossible to have a piece of art that is completely devoid of influence. so yes, Star Wars is just The Hidden Fortress, which is just a trillion other stories and legends...but this does not make Star Wars a work of fan fiction. What WOULD, would be if the people of Star Wars built a time machine and went to feudal Japan to pick up General Rokurota Makabe from The Hidden Fortress.

Fan fiction is fiction using trademarked characters and settings written by, presumably, a fan, or someone not in ownership of the trademark and without permission from the trademark holder. this is not a negative term in itself, it's just literally what it is. I understand where Espy is coming from but attacking the term itself is a misguided way of going about it.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Dude, I put Dash on my ignore list a while ago when I realized how much of a racist he was. I only checked his post that he made just now because I saw that it was the only new post in the thread.

I swear, this thread is only active when I'm not looking at it.
I'm not a racist, I hate everything bad. Dragons just happen to be at the top of the list right now.

Leaf is racist?

wat
Pegasus Superiority.
Being a pegasus is like using 40ppp, it's just the best.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Iunno, Leaf. Earth ponies are lookin' kinda in the 80ppg gauge if we're gonna do somethin' like this. :applejack:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Shakespeare wrote fanfiction based on real life.
comeatme.
That's called historical fiction.

sorry to go all off topic here. i'm not gonna argue or debate but i did have something to say. report me if it really bugs anyone:

if fan fiction is so awesome why are you ashamed of it being labelled as such?
Umm, I don't remember anyone in this thread saying they were, but there really isn't any reason.

Unless you want to make money off your fanfic, which I believe is illegal under American copyright law.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
That's called historical fiction.

Umm, I don't remember anyone in this thread saying they were, but there really isn't any reason.

Unless you want to make money off your fanfic, which I believe is illegal under American copyright law.
sorry, that part was just teasing Espy for how defensive he seemed to be about the term :p . thanks for ignoring the actual serious stuff I said :/

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
i's k, since this fanfic thing is a core part of the brony/show culture

the context that this was started was somepony not reading ponyfics because it wasn't canonical.
then a reference is made to other kinds of fiction.
Fiction is fiction. Fan fiction is a fiction of a fiction.
We read what we enjoy, regardless of its canon.
As long it's acknowledged that it's not canon.

=

Everypony should have their own special hat. But AJ's is still is special about hers in either way.
HAT~.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well I pretty much agree with the "serious stuff" you said. I mean, most of it I kind of already said in my post anyway, like with Star Wars and the general hero archetype and owning the rights to characters and stuff, so I didn't think it was really worth mentioning.

Espy did seem defensive about it, but I think he just needs some more apples.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Woah, all I was trying to say was that I personally find fanfics boring in order to explain why I go on ED with No Fanfic mode. I know some fanfics are good, like most King Arthur stories and the Divine Comedy, but I don't care for fanfics based off of shows I like. I just . . . don't.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Good thing for Oct. 22 then, John.

Which I'm super hyped for.
Not really Leaf, since I don't read much for fanfics.
Though I do agree with john.

Phantom Gamer

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have an essay due in 7 hours, Slush. No can do on that Chapter 4.
Besides, have you even read Chapter 3? :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That Rarity thing was pretty legit.
I'd buy another Applejack just to give that a shot. With modeling stuffs, you could even make Applejack a hat. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Full song rip of Applejack's stage theme.

[yt]hIPOeXQ793Q[/yt]
S'good. This is going right into my Brawl. :applejack:

Phantom Gamer

^ holy crap you guys are amazing! :D

happy birthday nite!
I'm pretty sure they didn't draw & color that, but rather just photoshopped their names on that art.

==
That Rarity hair is too good.
I personally wouldn't do it since it looks pretty difficult for me to do with all that precision and time it takes to complete.
Just like trying to make a quality pony plush.

Lastly Happy B-Day Nite.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Oh my, I should be subscribing to them instead of waiting for their submission to EqD.
I am (ASHAMED).

Whyyyy are you not downloading them while they're actually providing the link to the download themselves for free?

Also boil perm fixing the mane and tail of my Twilight figurine is-- going okay I guess.
I'm no barber. . .

But. Sunshine and Celery Stalks. (CD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom