• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

john!

Smash Hero
ANYPONY would have lost them the game, but only dash had the CHANCE to lose the game for everypony. that doesn't make dash any worse or any better, it just means that discord chose to give her a chance he didn't give the other ponies. really simple, guys.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It doesn't make her any worse, but it doesn't mean the truth isn't any less true, john.
Dash lost the game for the rest of the group. Really simple.

What a feeder.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Okay well again, if you are in a panic because the place you love is about to be destroyed, and you thought you had the means to save it, AND he took the element keeping you tied to your friends, not EVERYONE can stay calm enough to think about a situation.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Also, Rarity resisting the diamond, even just for a moment AFTER SHE GOT HYPNOTIZED, proves that they could still fight back. Dash just didn't.
How would you react to seeing your hometown crumbling? Which is very possible considering that clouds were turning into cotton candy and sensical things were falling apart. Apart from that, the opposite of loyalty would be abandonment, and the only way that would be shown would be to choose something more "pressing" over the current task.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It.
Doesn't.
Matter.
Leaf/Ryo.

lol.

Dash lost the game for them. She's the reason they lost. Nothing you say can refute that claim.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
ANYPONY would have lost them the game, but only dash had the CHANCE to lose the game for everypony. that doesn't make dash any worse or any better, it just means that discord chose to give her a chance he didn't give the other ponies. really simple, guys.
That's what I said a while back. She's the only one given the choice. No other pony was given a chance to break the no-wings no-magic rule, and then brainwashed.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
She's easy, we already established that, Ryo.
Tofer's saying that Discord manipulated Rarity in the exact same way that he did Rainbow Dash.
Yes, that is what I am saying.
Since Leaf is trying to say that Dash is completely useless.

Also, Rarity resisting the diamond, even just for a moment AFTER SHE GOT HYPNOTIZED, proves that they could still fight back, and also proves that they have free will post-hypnotize.

Dash just happened to not try, apparently.
And again my point.

<3 Espy

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Only Dashie was presented with a choice that would cost everypony the game. IE, get your wings back. And even then Discord took her element of loyalty to insure dash made the wrong choice for the game.

And loyalty isn't the most important since they're equally important but not equally powerful.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
It.
Doesn't.
Matter.
Leaf/Ryo.

lol.

Dash lost the game for them. She's the reason they lost. Nothing you say can refute that claim.
I agree. She did. I'm just giving a plausible cause that doesn't show that she's a terrible character. We're defending her because we are loyal to her character and that she also has been wronged in this situation, thus speaking out is one of the natural ways to defend.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love how well Auto, Leaf, and Ryo are ignoring the fact.
Justify it all you want, it's still fact. Dash cost them the game. The End.

And funny enough, she chose Cloudsdale over Equestria, in which Cloudsdale resides. Way to break it, hero. :p

@Auto: You can't have something be EQUALLY IMPORTANT to something else if it's STRONGER than that something else.

@Ryo: That is the worst reply I've seen yet.

vZakat

Half Genie
There has to be a song in the second episode. If pinkie doesn't sing when she gets her laughter back, I'll be shocked and dissapony.

@Rei - I'd like to have a pony meet up with you but if you were to ask any of the smashers here you'd know that I am often busy. I'll do my best though. You should talk to phoot.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Justify it all you want, it's still fact. Dash cost them the game.

And funny enough, she chose Cloudsdale over Equestria, in which Cloudsdale resides.

@Auto: You can't have something be EQUALLY IMPORTANT to something else if you NEED it's POWER.

@Ryo: That is the worst reply I've seen yet.
I try. ^-^

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Twilight wasn't directly targeted.
Rarity really doesn't need her horn in this situation.

Fluttershy doesn't completely adore flying.
Rainbow Dash was the last to be hit, and to be the final trigger in the Discord's plot

When breaking stuff, break everything before "end game" I suppose

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Don't tell them that, or they'll keep justifying it no matter how irrelevant it is.
I've already agreed that because Dash left, the game was lost.

I STILL JUSTIFY THE MEANS THOUGH. Just because the world is written in black and white doesn't mean you can't zoom out and see the gray.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'm AWARE that Dash cost the damn game. I never ONCE said that it was not rainbow dash that cost the game.

But what I'm trying to say that it was not DIRECTLY her fault, it was Discord controlling her emotions.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Leaf, make a decision. Either she did or didn't have freedom. You were arguing that she had no will, yet you just implied that she could have.
Say one or the other. If she didn't have will, prove it, because Rarity's resistance post-hypnosis supports the idea that she DEFINITELY had the potential for free will.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I suppose this sets up a good lesson about forgiving your friends when they can't live up to their promised potential.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I've been convinced on the fact that it wasn't FULL control of her.

Also, he didn't use hypnosis on Rarity, he just stole her element. Dash was physically hypnotized, as seen by the cute little animation in her eyes.

And why don't you prove that she DID have will? Discord may have said he gave it to her, but he's a villain and it's shown that he likes toying with his victims before finishing them.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
There has to be a song in the second episode. If pinkie doesn't sing when she gets her laughter back, I'll be shocked and dissapony.

@Rei - I'd like to have a pony meet up with you but if you were to ask any of the smashers here you'd know that I am often busy. I'll do my best though. You should talk to phoot.
Phoot, snatch Zakat and come meet up with me.

Wouldn't that be Rarity's
Choosing something personal to you over the world is still very selfish.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
He hypnotized her, you even saw the swirls in her eyes.
She shut her eyes and turned away trying to walk away.
She DID have free will.

Opposite of generosity is selfishness/greeed

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Dischord was in the reflection of the three diamonds (Rarity's cutie mark) on the stone wall.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
@Leaf: Dash always had her will. No one forced her to take her wings or betray the group.

@Espy: Only Dashie was presented with a choice that would cost everypony the game. IE, get your wings back. And even then Discord took her element of loyalty to insure dash made the wrong choice for the game.

@ rarity talk: http://youtu.be/eR_XehGlyf4?t=16m25s

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow Auto. Are you ignoring what I'm saying? Because that's what it feels like.

Dash broke the game. Dash had the potential for free will when breaking the game.
Stop justifying the fact, because it doesn't matter.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
its more..
Dash had a choice that would break the game, chose wrong.
all elements are equally important, magic just relies on the others.
Didn't he even say she'd choose wrong, though in all fairness we're not sure which choice is "right". :/ Damn morality and such, considering Cloudsdale for all we knew could be falling apart, even though the instant reaction of her leaving the game was that they would lose.

But without the element of loyalty, she had no reason to stay in the first place. :/ Hm..

john!

Smash Hero
Justify it all you want, it's still fact. Dash cost them the game. The End.

And funny enough, she chose Cloudsdale over Equestria, in which Cloudsdale resides. Way to break it, hero. :p
ugh, not only do you not realize that costing them the game DOES NOT make her a worse pony than the others (because they would have done the same thing), but you are nerd enough to make a ****ing portal reference AND YOU DON'T EVEN SAY IT RIGHT.

i'm too upset to post. i think i'm going to lie down for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom