• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
i wonder what thats from....?
/filename Gintama.

[yt]p2_H59AeFfM[/yt]
Thanks for reminding me of electricthecheese making the first onez. Haven't listened to it since Pik a Nik 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtRXfs1CHC0
ÆHÆHÆHÆHÆHÆH!

Oh hey, it's neilwb's signature! How'd you get it?

Name this pony.
Satan, as i've said in the Xat.
Sure enough, the name of it "Satanicshy"

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Fine okay, Dash is the worst character and always attempts to screw everything up.

I don't see why it's really that ****ing important but whatever you want to think. I'm just done.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Every problem the series has had is her fault, it's her fault that nightmare moon came back because she didn't clear some clouds, it's her fault discord was a problem 1000 years before that, it's her ****ing fault ARE YOU HAPPY WE CAN JUST ****ING BASH DASH ALL DAY

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
ugh, not only do you not realize that costing them the game DOES NOT make her a worse pony than the others (because they would have done the same thing), but you are nerd enough to make a ****ing portal reference AND YOU DON'T EVEN SAY IT RIGHT.

i'm too upset to post. i think i'm going to lie down for a bit.
It doesn't matter if anyone else could've lost it. She lost it. That's all the argument is saying. She had potential free will, and still chose to lose it.

The only Portal reference I know is the Cake one, so any reference I make at all to it is nothing but coincidence.

@Leaf: Here you go.
:salt:

BSP

Smash Legend
...couldn't any of the pegasi or unicorns lose the game for them all given the chance?

Yes dash did, but don't twist this to make her the worst or something

:phone:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Should I just explain things with peanuts from a bar (or apples in this case) like when one is drunk so Espy gets my point?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The point is that they have the ability to resist. Dash's loyalty was still active while being hypnotized, assuming the faded colors of their bodies is any indication.

@BSP: Arguably, yes they could've.
That's not the point here.

Basically, john/ryo/Leaf/auto are trying to justify what she did, even though it doesn't matter.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Humans argue about the strangest things. Let's talk about something else.

Like how it would be possible to break a stoning curse by arguing?

Wait..

IS THIS NOT WHAT DISCORD WANTS?! Aruging among bronies?! er... Ponies?!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think it says a lot more about the fact that them losing the game was a foregone conclusion. Discord had no intention of letting them win (see his corruption of Fluttershy). I'd wager the elements weren't even in the garden, and he did the whole thing just so that the Elements of Harmony wouldn't ever be summoned, because their bearers wouldn't be attuned to them anymore.

Basically, when Discord hypnotizes the pony, they lose all affinity with their Element. At this point, it's hard to say Dash is even going off to save Cloudsdale. She's acting entirely in her own interest and it's hard to say finishing the game or saving Cloudsdale are consistent with that. If the Wonderbolts hail from Cloudsdale, I'd say it's more likely she's going there to make sure there is still a Wonderbolts squad for her to join.

Discord would know that removing Dash's affinity with her element, then offering her her wings back would ensure that he wins the game. It's a situation where it's impossible for the mane 6 to win. Ultimately, you can't say Dash lost the game for everypony. She was just the most valuable piece for Discord to capture, and he had the board rigged so he could capture her.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
The point is that they have the ability to resist. Dash's loyalty was still active while being hypnotized, assuming the faded colors of their bodies is any indication.

@BSP: Arguably, yes they could've.
That's not the point here.

Basically, john/ryo/Leaf/auto are trying to justify what she did, even though it doesn't matter.
It doesn't matter to you. :3

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
...couldn't any of the pegasi or unicorns lose the game for them all given the chance?

Yes dash did, but don't twist this to make her the worst or something

:phone:
No.
Dash is clearly the worst.

She ****ed everything up. Nopony else would have screwed the game, let's just look straight at the fact that it's ALL DASH'S FAULT.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I think it says a lot more about the fact that them losing the game was a foregone conclusion. Discord had no intention of letting them win (see his corruption of Fluttershy). I'd wager the elements weren't even in the garden, and he did the whole thing just so that the Elements of Harmony wouldn't ever be summoned, because their bearers wouldn't be attuned to them anymore.

Basically, when Discord hypnotizes the pony, they lose all affinity with their Element. At this point, it's hard to say Dash is even going off to save Cloudsdale. She's acting entirely in her own interest and it's hard to say finishing the game or saving Cloudsdale are consistent with that. If the Wonderbolts hail from Cloudsdale, I'd say it's more likely she's going there to make sure there is still a Wonderbolts squad for her to join.

Discord would know that removing Dash's affinity with her element, then offering her her wings back would ensure that he wins the game. It's a situation where it's impossible for the mane 6 to win. Ultimately, you can't say Dash lost the game for everypony. She was just the most valuable piece for Discord to capture, and he had the board rigged so he could capture her.
According to his riddle, I'm pretty sure the Elements are all back in the old tower where they got them first. Place where Nightmare Moon was held in place by Ray in Star Mode, then they got to rainbowlaser her.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
OMG I can't lurk in this thread properly, you guys posted litteraly 90 posts in 20 minutes....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Leaf's right. If Dash hadn't joined Twilight's party, they'd have never been able to summon the Elements of Harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon and simultaneously begin the revival of Discord.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
No, not even. If Dash hadn't been around to clear the clouds out then they wouldn't have had to look at the moon and Nightmare Moon wouldn't have even made it back there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nightmare Moon would've been revived regardless of the controlled weather.
That's somehow Dash's fault too. It's her fault that Nighmare Moon would inevitably come back.

vZakat

Half Genie
Espy, you keep saying that they had the ability to resist but if they did then at least one of them would have been able to come out successful. But none of them did. Saying they could resist is irrelevant because none of them could resist to the point of conquering there trial.

Any of them would have lost the game given the opportunity. It just happened to be dash.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, I agree with Leaf's posts John. Dash is at fault for everything.

@Zakat: The potential for free will simply proves that it's there. The very fact that it exists imply that it can be overcome.

And again, it doesn't matter that it "happened to be Dash".
All that matters is that Dash did it.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Nightmare Moon would've been revived regardless of the controlled weather.
That's somehow Dash's fault too. It's her fault that Nighmare Moon would inevitably come back.
No, you're wrong. Nightmare moon wouldn't have been able to find her way back with all the clouds around and if Dash weren't there to clear them, she would have been lost forever.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try to throw in a topic change, but still pertaining to the new episode. I think predictions aren't gonna be that great, because I know somepony's gonna get lucky and then it'll be less impactful. SO..

o.o Anyone notice how much Celestia was being so... forceful?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
this is what happens when somepony loses an argument on the internet. they slowly revert to troll mode and pretend that they were trolling all along. seen it a million times.
No I was serious before and I'm serious now. I've seen the light of how the rest of the cast is clearly held back by the one who cost everything in the ****ing world.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
this is what happens when somepony loses an argument on the internet. they slowly revert to troll mode and pretend that they were trolling all along. seen it a million times.
Well you're doing a good job of it.
I'd love to discuss it more, honestly.

@Ryo: Probably because Equestria's entire future was suddenly in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom