• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
@Auto: Yes, it DOES mean it's more important.
You can't say that they would've stopped Nightmare Moon with 100% confidence if it wasn't as strong as it is, can you?
The combined elements brought Nmoon down.

Disregard plz.
yeah.

Well yeah, it's the easiest one to break, if the show's actions are anything to go by.
Dashie got hypnotized. Didn't anypony see my post with the link to the scene?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Don't bother bringing it up, ~auto. They just ignore the whole "not giving free will" thing.

lol. You were arguing universals here.
If you're gonna play the context card, make sure you make it known next time, because really, your argument works for any of them, then.

She's free, Leaf. If I were Discord and needed to get rid of them, I'd abuse the weakest element/link too.
Except he went after everyone else first. If it were so easy, he could have gone and hypnotized Dash right at the start.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Incidentally, if Rainbow Dash was given a choice between loyalty to home and loyalty to friends, can we truly fault her for picking what she was brainwashed into believing? For that matter, why did AJ not lie during that scene after constantly lying the whole time?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The combined elements brought Nmoon down.
Which is fine, but again, you can't say that the same would've happened if Magic was equally as strong as the other five. Magic is stronger, and that additional strength makes it more important to have than the other five simply for the power granted.

Yes, they're all important. However, you need the additional strength from Magic to finish off Nightmare Moon. You can't argue that the same would happen if Magic were even an iota weaker. It's MORE important because without it, even assuming you had a fifth element, you wouldn't be able to guarantee anything concerning Season 1's pilot.

Dashie got hypnotized. Didn't anypony see my post with the link to the scene?
So did everyone else not named Twilight. They didn't break the rules despite that.

Except he went after everyone else first. If it were so easy, he could have gone and hypnotized Dash right at the start.
Discord's in it to win it, but he's also in it to **** with their heads.
That's why he took the detour, because honestly, what's the fun in getting straight to the point for characters like him?

His psyche doesn't work towards efficiency, it works towards entertainment.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh. I googled Rainbow Dash getting fingered and found something else entirely.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Coincidentally, has it ever been confirmed that Cloudsdale is Rainbow Dash's home?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Cause in theoretical sense, anypony could've saw Rainbow Ditch up in the sky flying, so no sense lying.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Don't bother bringing it up, ~auto. They just ignore the whole "not giving free will" thing.

If he hypnotized her first and made them lose the game then that would mean 1 of the 6 were corrupted, this way it makes it easier to not convert her back.

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
Incidentally, if Rainbow Dash was given a choice between loyalty to home and loyalty to friends, can we truly fault her for picking what she was brainwashed into believing? For that matter, why did AJ not lie during that scene after constantly lying the whole time?
i honestly dont understand that either, also why was she being such a **** about it when shes only lying because she thinks itll preserve their friendship?

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Oh. I googled Rainbow Dash getting fingered and found something else entirely.
*facehoof*

I'm not exactly sure why he wouldn't go after Twilight considering she didn't have any magic and that was her element and talent and pretty much everything.. She'd be easy pickings, though the opposite of magic would be what? Plainness?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
So did everyone else not named Twilight. They didn't break the rules despite that.
Only Dashie was presented with a choice that would cost everypony the game. IE, get your wings back. And even then Discord took her element of loyalty to insure dash made the wrong choice for the game.

And I've already agreed with you that magic is the strongest.

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
*facehoof*

I'm not exactly sure why he wouldn't go after Twilight considering she didn't have any magic and that was her element and talent and pretty much everything.. She'd be easy pickings, though the opposite of magic would be what? Plainness?
in a way he already has taken her element with a) her horn and b) her friends.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
No, not yet for a night of a thousand posts, at least not until the next musical number to appear for Season 2.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I'm not exactly sure that Magic is the strongest Element. I would assume that each of the Elements is weighted just as much as the others, and that Magic is only the one that ties them all together. Food wise:
Kindness= Fruit
Honesty = Water
Generosity = Bread
Loyalty = Vegetables
Laughter = Meat
Magic = Dinner Plate (not as clumsy as a dish for a more civilized meal)

Basically it's important, but not moreso. It's like the Luck stat in games. :3

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Only this thread is talking about important things.

Well in that case he took everyone's free will.
Rarity tried to leave the diamond but he pulled her back in, MAKING her return.

BSP

Smash Legend
Also, if fluttershy was still, you know, fluttershy after he hypnotized her, there's no way she would've acted like that

Discord has some powerful ****

:phone:

Ryo242

Smash Ace
No, not yet for a night of a thousand posts, at least not until the next musical number to appear for Season 2.
Ohyourgod yes. ^_^ I WANT. Any ideas for what it will be about? Lamenting lost friendship is my guess, then maybe getting better as the group regroups and gets all their elements back magically.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Except she didn't have the swirly eyes after her meeting with Discord.

@BSP: She no longer has her element. Fluttershy acting sans kindness was portrayed pretty well in the episode.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Only this thread is talking about important things.

Well in that case he took everyone's free will.
Rarity tried to leave the diamond but he pulled her back in, MAKING her return.
I'm pretty sure it didn't take much for Rarity to succumb. She is a Pisces, we like shiny. Mostly as soon as she made the decision to go "MINE MINE" she lost the ability to turn back to normal on her own.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
She's easy, we already established that, Ryo.
Tofer's saying that Discord manipulated Rarity in the exact same way that he did Rainbow Dash.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Also, Rarity resisting the diamond, even just for a moment AFTER SHE GOT HYPNOTIZED, proves that they could still fight back, and also proves that they have free will post-hypnotize.

Dash just happened to not try, apparently.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think anyone's arguing that, Mc-killa.

Basically:
-Dash lost the game for them.
-Loyalty isn't the most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom