• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Neighsayers.

Also, I think the main reason this plot got picked is because pretty much everyone wanted the Sonic Rainboom to be the thing that gave her her cutie mark as a filly since the Sonic Rainboom episode. They didn't put as much thought into it as you did, but looking at it your way makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Doesn't change that this is still my favorite episode though.

Xyless

Smash Master
Oh, for sure.

Also, it should be mentioned that this was clearly the cause of Derpy becoming derp'd. So much for a victimless act.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I was surprised they didn't portray Pinkie's family as jerks like a lot of other cartoons do with the Amish. Just watch that one Dexter's Lab episode to see what I mean.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Alright guys, i'm going mostly jigglypuff today at the tournament, wish me luck.

I'm tired of using ZSS, and for this tourney, i'm whipping out the big guns.

<3 you guys.

vZakat

Half Genie
I got to see the episode sooner than I thought and I loved it. I don't think I laughed so much from any other one episode.

I also want to comment on this.

I'm on Slush's boat with how silly it was that fillyDash managed to Rainboom with little to no effort, while full blown athletic in-shape present Dash couldn't even do it until her friend's life was on the line.
First of it's not flying fast that motivates dash but winning. I her own words "It turns out the only thing I like more than flying fast, is winning". She wanted to win not only to defend fluttershy's honor but to win as well. Her drive for winning can be seen in ep 13 where she's bends the rules to try and win.

I also don't think that dash is really that in shape currently. In many episode you can see her being lazy such as in eps 1 and 3 (the only ones I can think of off the top of my head). She already pretty confident in herself but when that's put to the test is when she gets nervous because she know there's a lot she could improve on. I doubt she's even tried to do another rainboom until she was preparing for the young flyers competition.

On an unrelated note: Am I the only person that is reminded of potemkin when ever they see big mac?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@Zakat: We can assume that Dash is in that famous trope, where despite all of her laziness, she's extremely well rounded and athletic.

I mean, by that same thought, Sonic should be fat and lazy too, since all he does outside of running is sleeping. :p

=====

In any case, why hasn't this been posted?

[yt]WR0yXVcmP_k&autoplay=1[/yt]

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

Need Fillyshy avatar now.

So much cyute. I love it. Best part was Fluttershy's song, Twilight's Pinkie moment, Pinkie's ha- what am I doing the whole episode was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Reizilla

Ok, real talk here guys.

Notice how Fluttershy is tall and lanky? If you look at Big Mac in AJ's scene, he has a similar build.

This brings up the point, Fluttershy is the oldest of the mane cast. She's hitting the lanky awkward stage of her teenage years.

I also think it's awesome and extremely fitting that Fluttershy is the awkward one.

Unrelated:
This is for Slush.
I wouldn't be so sure that Fluttershy is the oldest, since Ajay said she was the last one of her class to get her cutie mark, you would think the rest would be younger than her if they all got it the same day. Unless Ajay's class was just fast at getting theirs.

Reizilla

@ Shun: Keep in mind that the cast never met until some time into their older years. No member of the main cast could have been in the same class as Applejack.

I can picture it now.
Mane*

While true, you'd think that most cutie marks come around the same age. So it's definitely a possibilty, but it's just as much of a possibility for Fluttershy to have gotten hers late as well.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wouldn't be suprised if fluttershy got hers late. In fact, I figured she would get hers a little late considering her personallity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom