• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm on the brink of converting someone, too.

Friend of mine is watching and he said "Alex, it's actually not that bad, I'm sorry for doubting you."

It's progress.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I've already converted 3 people irl and have 3 borderline.

GET AT MY LEVEL BRONIES

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm upset at the hindsight.

Because yes, Dash DID cause everyone to get a cutie mark...but FLUTTERSHY was the entire reason any of that happened, so everything pretty much happened because of HER.

...AGAIN.

This is terrible.

I'm on Slush's boat with how silly it was that fillyDash managed to Rainboom with little to no effort, while full blown athletic in-shape presentDash couldn't even do it until her friend's life was on the line.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dash did it for Fluttershy.

Obv a legit reason.
Out of Discussion, But the current three Ponies that call RD "Rainbow Crash" I see as Ed Edd n Eddy, One of them is missing in the flashbacks, so I'll just go with Ed and Eddy in this situation.

During the Race Ed goes face first into A Pillar so he's out already, with Eddy left. Eddy pushes RD and she does the same making him spiral out of control, at that moment she had the race in her hooves, she probably could've pulled a Turtle vs Hare moment and taken A nap and still won the race, the fact a random Sonic Rainboom came out of nowhere just cause she finally noticed her talent in life is.. I dunno, You can't really say "She did it for Fluttershy" when she basically already won the race and the SRB wasn't really needed.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
We should just erase Fluttershy from the series.

And you guys are hating/looking to far into it.
It's a kids show. On a kids network.

They don't have to keep in line the fact that she did that as a kid while having trouble while older. The "target audience" of the show isn't going to notice that.

But it's obviously because her smaller size she can move faster to be able to do it.

Plus, like I said before, the Sonic Rainboom is a magical thing. Obviously it was destiny helping Rainbow Dash out, not just her own speed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Looking far too into it is a weak way to work around it, Leaf.

Also, size and weight only effects the INTENSITY of a Sonic Boom, as far as I remember. It'd take just as much effort to break the sound barrier regardless.
If a Rainboom is the same (it requires a Sonic Boom) concept, then her being younger doesn't explain her ease of doing it at all.

Plus, it also contradicts Sonic Rainboom and the new episode, since because Dash is older in Sonic Rainboom, her Rainboom should've been more "intense" because of her larger size and weight.

*shrugs*

Also, her motivation may have been Fluttershy, but it was quite clear that during the race, she was primarily focused on winning. Hell, she didn't even notice that she could've fatally injured Fluttershy at the start of the race.

I've said it since Dragonshy: I don't know how she gets off with being such a *****.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like the 'it was magic' part best, especially since that would describe
twilight's overload of magical powers making her fire off spells left and right without having control. It's kinda like jumping a car. It has all the tools and abilities to use electricity, but without the power itself, it doesn't work. But then when you pump a bunch of raw power in, BOOM! it starts up again! Twilight has the potential to do all the **** she did, but didn't have the magic inside her to do it. She then takes a jumper cable up the butt and, without having the skill on how to use it or where to channel it, just unloads on everything, channeling the magical energy through herself.

0_o

Smash Rookie
I don't know why but I can't stop watching this show and I'm loving every second of it

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I kind of feel like Rarity is the weakest pony in terms of memorable moments. She's been lacking, but the other 5 are good on a regular basis. I feel like she has potential, but I just don't know.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
"Thiiiiiiiiiiiiis is whining" or "I want to wallow in.... WHATEVER A PONY IS SUPPOSED TO WALLOW IN"

Rarity is a complex character. Writers just needs to exploit her well.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pinkie Pie has arguably had less awesome scenes than Rarity. Heck, even Applejack could be argued.
Rarity's just fine where she is right now.

Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and Applejack desperately need more episodes focused around them. Yes, Twilight has been in EVERY episode thus far, but she has yet to be the center of many of them.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I like to think that The biggest difficulty of
performing a Sonic Rainboom for Dash is mentality. Filly Dash was unrestrained in two largely mental areas that adult Dash was probably thinking too much about. A: Filly Dash was young, and probably naive as to certain aspects of flight, vis a vis control and safety, and so wasn't likely thinking about such things. She just cared about going really fast. Adult Dash would be concerned about being totally in control as she passed into mach speed, and the increase in pressure could have been making that even more difficult. B: Filly Dash wasn't concerned about people watching. She did it because she wanted to see how fast she could go. Adult Dash was crippled by nervousness and low self-esteem.

And I'm really sick and tired of the Mary Sue comments. Last I checked, Mary Sues were perfect in every way, with no character flaws. Rainbow Dash has an inferiority complex the size of Alaska, and compensates by being boastful and abrasive to anypony and everypony. She's just fast. She's the fastest flyer in Equestria. But then Rarity has the fashion sense to impress Hoity Toity and Sapphire Shores. Fluttershy is the most graceful pony in Equestria without even trying. Don't get me started on Twilight Sparkle.

I don't get the Dash hate. I mean, I don't particularly care for the plot line myself, but I won't go around saying this makes Dash a less interesting character because of it.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

Which of these two are better you guys?
I can't decide.
I like the 2nd one, because it's sassy. But i don't know. It seems too plain.
and the first one's colorful and adorable.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, amidst all this new episode hype and crazy, I still need to finish I Wanna Be The Guy.

Might stream the rest later tonight.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I love you guys.

I spent way too much time noticing the little things in this episode. Young Big Macintosh, everypony's parents/plant/cactus, Spike turning into a giant Dragon seconds after hatching, and conspicuously time-retardant bg ponies, oh my. My fav aside from Clutchershy/Sonic Rainpuberty(obv.) was still Scootaloo, this episode made me <3 her more.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm double posting.
Because i want my 2000th post to be in the my little pony thread.

i have other things to write on, and i didn't want to miss this chance.
Heart all you guys.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, real talk here guys.

Notice how Fluttershy is tall and lanky? If you look at Big Mac in AJ's scene, he has a similar build.

This brings up the point, Fluttershy is the oldest of the mane cast. She's hitting the lanky awkward stage of her teenage years.

I also think it's awesome and extremely fitting that Fluttershy is the awkward one.

Unrelated:
This is for Slush.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Did it ******!
And by that I mean already had it and was trying to show everypony the gif on the xat, but damn Imgur doesn't support anything over 2 MB, While tinypic was on a quest of Salvation.

Xyless

Smash Master
I enjoyed that episode, but I hate how blatant they were with things.

I mean, the main reason I wanted #2 to be the correct one was because exactly what everyone is talking about: there is no reason she should be able to pull off the Rainboom because of a realization that she loves flying fast. If she was able to do it in a simple race, she should've been able to do it repeatedly after that, since if you were able to do the hypest, most rare aerial maneuver in the world, why would you not try to master its execution immediately?

Not to mention, if the second option (where she fails to get in the Wonder Bolts) happened, it would explain practically everything about her character: she had low self-esteem and was extremely nervous with anything involving the Wonder Bolts, but has always wanted to be part of their team. No one in Sonic Rainboom believed that she could do it, even though, clearly, she has done it, and it was explosive in this episode. If the rival ponies did not see that explosion of rainbow magic, then they must be blind.

Anyways, besides that stuff, I enjoyed the episode for what it was. Was definitely my favorite scene with Twilight. EDIT: I also loved Rarity's face when she gave up fighting.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I posted that gotta go fast picture in the DR like an hour ago and they told me I went too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom