• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Algebra is like... late middle school/early high school?
If you say so.

oh lol, that algrebra.
I guess that's different than the algebra 1 and 2 I had at uni :p
Probably not.

I'm in Algebra 2. I'm still in high school, and in remedial math (i know that sounds pathetic. I'm just really bad at math. I have all A's and one high B in every other subject) so yeah :/

Sucks to be young sometimes. and stupid.
If you're in Algebra 2 I wouldn't really call that remedial. In most states, that's the graduation requirement.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
@Gates i'm in 11th grade. If i had managed to keep up with most of the rest of my class i would be in Trigonometry right now.
Oh, so your school doesn't combine Trigonometry with Precalc then.

At my school the normal progression was:

9th Grade: Algebra 1
10th Grade: Geometry
11th Grade: Algebra 2
12th Grade: Precalc

And the honors progression was:

9: Honors Geometry
10: Honors Algebra 2
11: Honors Precalc
12: AP Calc AB/BC

Of course, the progression for me was:

9: AP Calc
10: Calc 3 & Linear Algebra
11: Differential Equations
12: **** the police

No but seriously I was on the honors progression.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't worry. When I went to high school, I passed geometry with a D in 9th grade (because I was lazy on everything), then took easy mode Algebra 2 called "Algebra 2 process sciences" in 10th grade. And then I stopped taking math classes because I had the graduation requirements. I got to finish a year early cause of taking Algebra 1 in 8th.

**** math.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
@Gates mine goes

7th grade: Pre Algebra
8th: Algebra 1
9th: Geometry
10th: Algebra 2
11th: 1st Semester College Algebra. 2nd Semester Trigonometry
12th: i forget atm. I think Pre Calc or something.
Then for remedial math, we take what's called 7th grade math in 7th grade. then we do all the other books. just a year behind everybody else. Makes you feel really great when you're one of the 7 students in the entire remedial math group.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What the hell kind of school do you go to? Public or private?

My district (and most districts in MI) didn't even start pre-algebra until 8th grade, although I'm fairly sure algebra concepts were introduced into the curriculum in 7th grade.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Private school.

We're in Arkansas. We're ranked the 3rd stupidest state in the United States in terms of education. Might be a factor in this. just throwin' it out there.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm in Algebra 2. I'm still in high school, and in remedial math (i know that sounds pathetic. I'm just really bad at math. I have all A's and one high B in every other subject) so yeah :/

Sucks to be young sometimes. and stupid.

EDIT: oh great, i just realized i'm the little noob kid of this thread with no self formulated opinions who still tries to act mature yet everyone knows he's just a ****** highschooler.
I've failed 9th grade 4 times, not cause i'm stupid (IQ over 105, but these days people say that doesn't matter). But generally cause of my messed up life.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Private school.

We're in Arkansas. We're ranked the 3rd stupidest state in the United States in terms of education. Might be a factor in this. just throwin' it out there.
Either one of those on its own can be used as a legitimate explanation as to why your curriculum is ****ed up.

But yeah, if you were in public school, not only would 11th grade Algebra 2 be a normal curriculum but there would also be way more than 7 people in it.

Expect a lot of people like me then.
I do. And I plan to make their lives a living hell.

Some teacher try to make math fun, but I became a math teacher because of my misanthropic nature, so that would be self-contradictory.

I've failed 9th grade 4 times, not cause i'm stupid (IQ over 105, but these days people say that doesn't matter). But generally cause of my messed up life.
105 isn't very high and no that doesn't matter. Having a messed up life is a good excuse. **** does, after all, happen.

Unless of course you're just a lazy irresponsible *******, but I don't get that vibe from you.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I'm guessing the fact that i'm in high school is also why i can't keep up with y'all during the night and other times.

Gotta go now (gotta get ready for bed cuz the little stupid teenager needs his sleep >.>)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
lol high school is easy except for trig. **** that ****.
IQ over 105, but these days people say that doesn't matter
IQ scores don't matter since there are a **** ton of methods to gauge intelligence. Not only that, many don't have much (if any) scientific backing. You might as well be playing Brain Age minigames.

The SAT is a better way of measuring intelligence imo. But then again, there was this one guy who locked his keys out of his car like four times senior year and didn't have the GPA to do cross country but scored 2100. So you can still be a dumb *ss and score well if you take test prep courses or cheat somehow.

-
Anyone stoked for the new episode tomorrow?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
*has a genius IQ and graduated half way to math degree without taking anything past algebra 2*

*is also a music major*

fml.

Episode better have Fluttershy be great!!!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm always bad at school because I'm too lazy about homeworks and stuff, but I usually do great on tests, tho.
Right now I'm studying gastronomy (cook) and añthough it's kinda hard, I love it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
*has a genius IQ and graduated half way to math degree without taking anything past algebra 2*

*is also a music major*
Wait, I'm confused. Do you have half the requirements for a math major or do you have all the math requirements for your major? And if it's the former, are you just counting gen eds?

No, that would be Gastrodony.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Half of the math credits for a math major and about half core credits (now less than that.)

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I did fine in my math classes during high school, although I was a bit lazy and was in the easier math classes. Even though I can't recall what they were called. It wasn't trig. or geo., but all I know is that they were more basic than those two classes. Its been too long since I've been in high school to remember. :p

On another note tomorrow's episode should be cool. Everybody get ready for an overdose of cuteness as well as what RD ending is chosen.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's okay guys, my math story is the worst one of all time

7th: Algebra
8th: Algebra
9th: Algebra
10th: Geometry
11th: Algebra 2
12th: Math of Personal Finance (We don't even do math)

I tested into the highest possible math class but then was lazy as **** and didn't pass through my entire middle school career lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Disney Caption + Fluttershy Meme =
Death is Here

Also Gates, for getting the lazy part correct, I ran to the nearest Ice cream shop Made this thing, and posted it on Ponibooru.

vZakat

Half Genie
This is how I feel whenever someone brings up MLP.

Also, How old is everyone else? I always feel so old being 23. :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Turning 20 next month.
And that's pretty much my expression everytime someone ELSE talks about ponies.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
LOL.

It says on my profile how old I am, but since that Lex Luthor pic was funny (seriously when does he look that happy in the show?) I guess I can post it here too.

I'm 25 years old, which is why I can't remember my high school years in math well enough. Man, if you feel old for being 23 years old and liking MLP then I must consider myself to be ancient. :)

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I'm 20 until next October, and my math classes in school were like this:

7th: Pre-Algebra
8th: Algebra
9th: Algebra II & Programming
10th: Geometry Honours & Programming II
11th: Pre-Calculus & Prob Stat
12th: Calculus

Ignoring the Programmings and Prob Stat, those are all the courses you'd have to take if you were in honours at my school. Also, I got a 750 on the math portion of my SATs. Yay math.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
ZAJICE, ANSWER MY QUESTION!!

And give a month if you turn 19 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom