• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy make a better singing duet than any combination of characters in the show could ever make.
Yeah, and even though they finally get to Sing after so long, they make such cringe worthy faces during their duet, the fans have to go into deep details over it and even edit the Animation!

[collapse=The Horror, THE HORROR]

[/collapse]

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tom just wanted Dash for himself.

And Tank is like, gummy status. Not AS good, but still top tier.

My quick thoughts on the episode. It was good, especially the song. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Dash was a a huge ***** through the whole thing. Normally Dash doesn't bug me with her constant pompous conceitedness. But this episode, at every possible moment, she was begging to get a **** shoved in her.

Girl needs just an iota of humility. And without being trapped by a rock avalanche first.

As I said in the xat though, the hardcore Dash fans eat it up like it's her ****
showering over them in hot sticky strands. Aeiou.

Unrelated:
Don't believe the lies, this is what bronies really look like irl.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I think this whole fanbase needs a **** shoved in them.

And GP, you realize that Tank lifted the boulder WITH HIS HEAD, right?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Guys, we're a rare breed on fan.
This pony fandom needs to be wiped clean. :applejack:

@Zaj: The two things Tofer and I kept talking about as the episode progressed:

1) Dat turtles' mega swag. He didn't give a good god damn about Dash kicking him out the competition. He went for it anyways and *****.
2) Rainbow is a super duper *****. Jesus christ. What an *******. She put animals' lives at danger for her own amusement. Sick little freak. :applejack:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Also the Hummingbird reminded me of a drawing idea which I forgot a long time ago. I'm gonna draw Philomena x Fluttershy's male Hummingbird (a la A Bird in Hoof) in a shipping-like way. I will name it, "Worth Two in the Cottage."
Philomena x Hummingway is an odd thing to ship, but I'd still like to see that picture anyway.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Now I remember that Dash mentioned reasons why Twilight could never be her pet.
Down right insensitive ***** and I wouldn't like where fanon art, let alone ponyfics, would be taking that

Edit:
Philomena x Hummingway is an odd thing to ship, but I'd still like to see that picture anyway.
It is weird in a way, but he did express interest (at least like like) as Fluttershy hinted at during the theme song humming part. But I'll draw Philomena in her reborn state.

M!nt

Smash Champion

Yes i am very sad and actually went and did this lawl, but still :D :D :D
had 0% with gummy Though D:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

@Zaj: The two things Tofer and I kept talking about as the episode progressed:

1) Dat turtles' mega swag. He didn't give a good god damn about Dash kicking him out the competition. He went for it anyways and *****.
2) Rainbow is a super duper *****. Jesus christ. What an *******. She put animals' lives at danger for her own amusement. Sick little freak. :applejack:
>forces the equivalent of orphaned animals to compete for her love
>competition takes place in highly hazardous, deadly obstacle courses

Also Espy, TELL ME THE STORY OF MY BROTHER VS YOU IN LoL TODAY!
Since AIM isn't working and kicking me every 3 seconds like Zajice earlier today.

Now I remember that Dash mentioned reasons why Twilight could never be her pet.
Down right insensitive ***** and I wouldn't like where fanon art, let alone ponyfics, would be taking that
EDIT: BDSM

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Honestly? Everyone stop liking FiM? That's pretty irrational imo. Yeah, there's alot of idiots out there who are bronies and make the rest of us look bad, but it's like that for pretty much everything that has a following. And bronies haven't reached the level of completely ruining the reputation of the thing they love.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
She didn't force any of the animals to participate.

They just wanted to be her pet that badly.

It was somewhat disappointing how she goaded them on, though. Then again, that's kinda what being Rainbow Dash's friend is like. Somewhere beneath all the prickly is a gooey marshmallow nougat. You just have to put up with her being a ***** all the time.

Incidentally, Rainbow Dash does slightly change her attitude around each of the ponies. To wit:

Applejack is super tough, and not afraid to tussle if need be. Rainbow Dash can play as rough with AJ as she wants, and she'll get the same roughness in return. This is consensual in the case of both parties, though I think their friends don't fully understand the nature of the relationship. I don't think it's entirely unhealthy either, although traditionally speaking this is a very masculine type of friendship, where physical conflict is usually not a sign of the end of the friendship. But then there we go with FiM vaporizing yet another gender stereotype.

Twilight gets a lot of verbal abuse from Dash, but Twilight's shown a certain resilience, or maybe indifference, to Dash's name-calling. Usually Twilight just blows Dash off when the latter gets choppy. I don't know if this is an unhealthy streak in their relationship or just a verbal equivalent to Dash and Ajay's more physical sparring. I do know that Dash's verbal abuse veils a certain respect for Twilight's leadership skills. It's possible Dash doesn't really know how to verbalize that respect. And Twilight puts up with Rainbow Dash because she knows she can rely on Dash.

As for Fluttershy, it's worth noting that while Rainbow Dash plays rough with Twilight and Ajay, she never makes fun of Fluttershy. Anything negative she says is an earnest criticism. The relationship between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash is so interesting in this way. I think Fluttershy is one of Rainbow Dash's closest friends, and yet Rainbow Dash, being who she is, and having dealt with Fluttershy's social paralysis as long as she's known her, is probably just immensely frustrated that her friend continues to hobble herself so. In the end, Dash's blunt criticisms of Fluttershy come from a deeper urge to see her friend gain confidence than from mean-spiritedness.

Dash is also not particularly mean to Pinkie Pie. They exchange pranks and the like, but Dash seems content to laugh with Pinkie Pie more than at her. I think Dash just realizes it's almost impossible to make fun of Pinkie Pie for anything, because if there's a joke to be made about Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Pie's already made it.

I'm not yet convinced Rainbow Dash knows Rarity exists. This amuses me because Rarity is all about some Rainbow Dash. Joking aside, I think Rarity is just an enigma to Dash, and Dash doesn't like enigmas, so she just lets Rarity do her thing, and tries her very best not to get involved. I really, really want to see an episode where these two are forced to interact, because there's pretty much zero excuse for incidental interaction between the two. From what little we've seen, there's potential for tension, but very little actual animosity, unlike the relationship between Applejack and Rarity.

Basically, I think Rainbow Dash was looking for a pet with whom she could have a relationship like her one with Applejack, or more illustratively, Gilda, pre-breakup. This is why she was so abusive. She wanted a pet that could "keep up" as far as playing rough. Tank wound up forming a totally unique relationship with Rainbow Dash. He and Dash both know perfectly well what an odd couple they make, but they're both tough enough to put up with the strain it causes because they care about each other, or something mushy like that. I actually have to applaud the writers for going somewhere totally new with the concept.

M!nt

Smash Champion
but seriously I agree man, I actually like rainbow a little better after this episode sooooo

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
IMO, what you find amusing and/or funny determines an arbitrary & subjective concept of "maturity"

And it's not just because people have different senses of humor.
Nope.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A **** joke. How cute. Can we graduate from sixth grade now?
Coming from someone with A Caramelldansen signature...
He's a ****ing tortoise. Christ, when will people get it right.
Pretty sure Turtles and Tortoise are the same thing.
Only difference is one is an Earthbender, the other is a Waterbender.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
A **** joke. How cute. Can we graduate from sixth grade now?
If you're mad cause you think I don't like Dash, you're wrong. Cause I do like her. I can like her and still call her a **** when she's being one.

And your response is rather brash, especially for something I'm hardly even serious about.

phoot, give up.

They're just gonna keep *****ing.
The fact that you're really this peeved over how people viewed Dash this episode is silly.

There's really no reason to defend a character as if everything they do is right just because you like them. I like the "bad things" about Dash. Her personality is one that would make the show vastly different if she wasn't there.

I don't get why her diehard fans have to be "Oh no, she's not really being a jerk, it's x and x and x" instead of "Yeah, she's being a jerk, but that's why I like her."

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
....because most people don't like jerks
I should rephrase it as "Yeah, she's being a jerk, but I like her anyway."

But yeah, that's the reason a lot of people aren't liking Dash in this episode. Cause they think she's being a jerk. And people don't like jerks.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That doesn't justify affirming others to be responsible to give yourself ease of mind, Lash. If it's meant to console, it's a terrible method of doing so.
:pinkiepie:

M!nt

Smash Champion
Well you cant really have the characters all the same, and have personalities that only you like. Character broadness is a good thing and Rainbows been like that from the beginning, so if you don't like Dash being a jerk then you don't like Dash, easy as that.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm mad about the **** joke. I'm mad that you're not serious about a topic that really isn't all that funny.
There's no reason to get mad over something so trivial. Especially since you're on a fighting game forum where, like all fighting game communities, the phrase "get *****" is a part of regular conversation and it's being said in a metaphorical sense, not a literal sense.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
That doesn't justify affirming others to be responsible to give yourself ease of mind, Lash. If it's meant to console, it's a terrible method of doing so.
:pinkiepie:
wait....what?

Well you cant really have the characters all the same, and have personalities that only you like. Character broadness is a good thing and Rainbows been like that from the beginning, so if you don't like Dash being a jerk then you don't like Dash, easy as that.
I never said i didn't like how Dash acted in the episode or that she should be different. I was just confused by that part of Zajjy's post.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I don't get why her diehard fans have to be "Oh no, she's not really being a jerk, it's x and x and x" instead of "Yeah, she's being a jerk, but that's why I like her."
I'm aware she's a jerk, she's the biggest ***** on the show.

What irritates me is that when referring to dash, that's 90% of what I see. It's kinda irritating when I look in the thread, I see x and x and x on every other character in the show, and then see "but Dash is a *****", and how it's completely justified on every other character's flaws, they can have that just fine, no big deal, but Dash is a *****.

This is the hypocrisy I'm referring to, when I point something out, I'm shot down and get "no Leaf it's just because you like Dash, you're wrong and stupid", and when I try saying one positive thing out, it's "no Leaf it's just because you like Dash, you're wrong and stupid".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom