• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Sigh, I have no idea if people even care anymore. Like doc jumping the os wagon makes me wonder if he's being a sheep or just doesn't care at all. God **** it
Pretty sure lynching before the elimination challenge is how blue is gonna win this game. By, y'know, avoiding random chance as much as possible with the strong lead that blue has. OS is not my favorite play, but if adum said so, it's good enough for me and way better than a (possibly) random death.

If I had my way, it'd be FF-->Summoner-->OS for lynches, but hey, it's not that simple. Lynching any of those three before an elimination challenge is enough of a play.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think FF is a better play though. :/ OS and FF are both confirmed not-blue, but FF is much more likely to be scum.

I'd do FF-->OS-->Someone*-->Summoner. Unless you think Summoner is lying about being a roleblocker?

* = note that by this point the masonry should have been able to confirm who is blue and who isn't via two more Recruits.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Explain, Riddle.

OS is NOT confirmed not blue although it's likely.

Good point @doc

Vote Overswarm

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I really think Doc's approach is the best way to win this. Lynch non-blues ppl before the ECs and see what happens.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lmao @ praxis saying I'm more likely to be scum than OS.

Understandable though considering you replaced in so late and probably haven't paid me very close attention. But still rofl.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
9 players are alive and it takes 5 to lynch!

Vote Count:

• SummonerAU: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Praxis: (0)
  • Overswarm: (5) Sworddancer., thedocsalive, Riddle, Gheb_01, Sir Bedevere
  • Riddle: (0)
  • thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (4) SummonerAU, Frozenflame751, Praxis, thedocsalive, Overswarm

Overswarm has been eliminated. Lynch flavor coming in a few minutes.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Overswarm aka Guy LeDouche, the MXC Host Interviewer, has been eliminated!

Now that the MXC Host Interviewer has been eliminated, there are no longer any more interview posts in the game! Once a player is eliminated - that's it!

It is now Night 4. No posting in here, etc. You can all send in your night actions now.

Night will end at 11:59pm on Aug 2nd or sooner if all actions are in.

Had Overswarm been a contestant, this would have likely been his performance in the game:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBygJYDxvPc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBygJYDxvPc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Four whole days so far and the game is still going on!

This sure is an intense match between the Meat Handlers and the Cartoon Voice Actors. Lets get on with Day 5!

Sir Bedevere, Team Leader on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team, has been eliminated!

Day 5 Begins!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3X0JB1IcqAc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3X0JB1IcqAc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on August 12th.
7 players are alive and it takes 4 to lynch!

Vote Count:

• Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Not Voting: (7) SummonerAU, Sworddancer., Frozenflame751, Praxis, thedocsalive, Riddle, Gheb_01

Get it on!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
So. . . this game did have four scum in it then.

Meaning the teams started out as 8 and 8.

6 green have been eliminated, 5 blue, and 2 scum. So currently we have:

3 blue
2 green
2 scum

Meaning no team, by themsleves, can get any lynches prior to the EC.

So, anyone in the blue masonary wanta give us their results?

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I agree with Sword, we have to have 3 blue, 2 green, 2 scum at this point. This means both town sides have incentive to lynch mafia due to the urgency that we have now, compared to the previous assumption of "one scum left, the majority team wins on the next scum lynch."

If we let the elimination challenge happen, it puts us in mylo. Otherwise, we have room for one mislynch until lylo.

Mass color/team claim? 3/7 of the players left are already outed and others are somewhat obvious, but having all the claims out there should be helpful and I don't see a real downside.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'm okay with mass team claim. I don't think I need to do it.

btw roleblocked Praxis last night but that doesn't mean anythign with 2 scums.

Even without team claims, I think we should be looking at Gheb and Praxis. I want to hear both of your opinions on today's play as soon as you can.

Frozen, what are your thoughts on today's play?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scum need to die thats the play. Just as TDA said at this point claims are in order to figure out how many liars we have per faction and nail a scum.

So yeah people who haven't played get on it so I can re-read with claims in mind.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm all for mass team claim, because it makes some very interesting reveals in the votes.
I'm Blue (CVA).

I was having a hard time figuring out why Overswarm died. If there were actually four mafia (three remaining), that means there were 4 blue and 2 green players remaining; mafia + green actually outnumbers blue.

Here were the votes:
# Overswarm: (5) Sworddancer., thedocsalive, Riddle, Gheb_01, Sir Bedevere
# Not Voting: (4) SummonerAU, Frozenflame751, Praxis, Overswarm

Yet, there were five votes to kill Blue Team's lynch target, and I did not get my vote in. Which means there were two mafia votes in there. Likely because mafia who had already claimed blue couldn't switch votes to green without exposing themselves.

Remember: 4 blue, 2 green, 3 mafia.

People who didn't vote: Overswarm's dead, I'm blue. That makes Summoner and Frozenflame green, and two people who voted to lynch Overswarm are Mafia. This is the only explanation that makes sense to me, barring completely illogical voting.

I am not in the Mason; however, the Masonry should be able to eliminate everyone who is currently in it as suspects.

Riddle was originally cleared of being Mafia because someone died when he was roleblocked; but now that we know there were four Mafia, this simply means he doesn't have a NK ability.

Of the remaining four who voted to lynch:
"Sworddancer., thedocsalive, Riddle, Gheb_01"

Gheb_01 is confirmed blue, and at least one of the remaining three is probably in the masonry. I'm betting the other two are scum, unless Gheb_01's "blue confirmirmation" was a gambit. From your perspective, you also have to consider me a suspect.

Thoughts?

@ SummonerAU, I don't understand your play. Scumhunting is against your win condition right now. Please explain?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No matter what happens - the EC will put is into mylo. My suggestion is to have the blue mason claim asap and we lynch a non-clear before the EC. Even if it's a mislynch we still get to see a Day 6 (with lylo), something we may not achieve if somebody dies during the EC (because then we are forced to lynch scum).

Summoner, right now it must be in your best interest to cooperate with me even though we're confirmed to not be on the same side. What we do is to have the blue mason clain and then we follow their votes for a lynch that must happen before the EC. This is the only way for you to have a realistic chance at winning this game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I still believe it's between Frozen and Doc btw but I'll wait for the claims first.

#HBC | Dancer

Hm. . . so I guess we're team claiming now. . .

I'm green. That means either Summoner or Frozen is scum.

Also, I left a breadcrumb a long time ago if anyone is interested.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wait, what?

# Overswarm: (5) Sworddancer., thedocsalive, Riddle, Gheb_01, Sir Bedevere
# Not Voting: (4) SummonerAU, Frozenflame751, Praxis, Overswarm

At the time it was believed there was 2 mafia.

Okay. . . following Adum's instructions. . .

vote OverSwarm

I say we do this before the EC. Any objections?
You directly voted against what was believed to be Green's win condition at the time and followed Blue's instructions. Explain now.

#HBC | Dancer

I figured there would be questions like that.

Yes, some of my play is seemingly anti-green. I did, however, have one main reason why I voted OS.

1. Out of a small hope that Green role blocker blocked the blue recruiter, and that being the reason why OS wasn't successfully recruited, becuase I really only saw OS as being blue.

I figured that, for the sake of Green, I had to distance myself as much away from them as possible. In the long term, being connected to Green, who was down significantly, would of probably only ended in my lynch later. Really, when you look at my two options that I had, either acting green or acting anti-green, both were working against my win-condition in different ways, I just figured I'll go with the one that gave me a slight more change of winning.

#HBC | Dancer

Ninja'd

@Summoner: Frozen. Your plan that you came up with Day 3 doesn't seem like something scum would do. Also, while a lot of Frozen's play could be interpenetrated as green play, it could also be interperted as scum play.

vote Frozen

#HBC | Dancer

Btw no one else vote Frozen, since I'm not totally sure that he's scum and putting him at L_2 is dangerous.

Oh, and to answer your second question Summoner, which I missed, I'll say either TDA or Praxis.

TDA has come off scummy all towards several people, but hasn't really been looked at enough.
Praxis recent little bit of "Green shouldn't be scumhunting!" is giving me bad vibes.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I figured there would be questions like that.

Yes, some of my play is seemingly anti-green. I did, however, have one main reason why I voted OS.

1. Out of a small hope that Green role blocker blocked the blue recruiter, and that being the reason why OS wasn't successfully recruited, becuase I really only saw OS as being blue.
This still doesn't make any sense.

Your play isn't seemingly anti-green; it's entirely anti-green. You just said that you "really only saw OS as being blue", and your conclusion from that was "I bet the recruiter got roleblocked", then proceeded to vote him off? If you were really convinced OS was not on the green team, then he was probably mafia. Then you proceed to HELP vote him off, when you thought that there was only one mafia and voting him off would end the game.

I figured that, for the sake of Green, I had to distance myself as much away from them as possible. In the long term, being connected to Green, who was down significantly, would of probably only ended in my lynch later. Really, when you look at my two options that I had, either acting green or acting anti-green, both were working against my win-condition in different ways, I just figured I'll go with the one that gave me a slight more change of winning.
This makes even less sense. The best thing you could've done for your team is to claim green; then you'd have been a lynch target since no one would know if you were green or mafia, and it would reduce their chances of finding mafia. You realize that the reason they got Overswarm was because they only had two suspects to choose from (Frozenflame and OS), right?

You lucked out in that there turned out to be four mafia instead of two, but the logic of "let's give them a 50/50 chance at lynching scum by hiding!" doesn't make sense.

(In retrospect, I'm trying to remember if Summoner was ever actually confirmed to be a power role as claimed)

And on top of that- by claiming green just now, you made the most anti-green move possible.

Before you claimed, we could prove via voting statistics (assuming Gheb as confirmed blue) that the two mafia had to be in this group:

Praxis/Sworddancer/thedocsalive/Riddle

That gives blue team a 50% chance of lynching scum, and a 50% chance of lynching a member of the Blue team.

You claiming Green, though, gives us two choices:

The Praxis/thedocsalive/Riddle group contains one Mafia, and the Sworddancer/Frozenflame/SummonerAU group contains one Mafia.

And guess what? Voting for someone in the latter group is risk-less for Blue team. No chance of taking out a Blue player.

If you really are green, you're our MVP :chuckle:

So, the play for CVA should be very obvious; we have to vote out someone who is claimed Green, because there is three of them and one is Mafia. It's totally safe for Blue team, and has a 33% chance of lynching scum.

Vote: Sworddancer

This vote will stay until you come up with an explanation for playing anti-green that actually makes sense. If you can't give a reasonable explain why you lied, then Lynch All Liars applies.

Can anyone tell me if SummonerAU has done something to validate that he's actually an Interrupter? I just remember him sending everyone to lynch Meta-Kirby without explanation.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on August 12th.
7 players are alive and it takes 4 to lynch!

Vote Count:

• Sworddancer.: (2) Praxis, Riddle
  • Frozenflame751: (1) Sworddancer.
  • Not Voting: (4) SummonerAU, Frozenflame751, thedocsalive, Gheb_01

Get it on!

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I'm blue/CVA.

I originally had frozen as scum and Sword as town, but recent posting makes me change my mind. Praxis brought up some good points, and in addition:

Btw no one else vote Frozen, since I'm not totally sure that he's scum and putting him at L_2 is dangerous.
Um...what? First of all, we know there are exactly two green players left. Summoner is confirmed. If you're the last green, you should be **** confident that frozen's scum. If frozen isn't mafia, you are, so there aren't even two mafia left to speedlynch him. And a speedmislynch doesn't auto-lose the game for blue or green, anyway.

@Praxis: Summoner is like 1000x more confirmed than Gheb atm. Check posts 414-417. In addition, neither of the other claimed greens have counterclaimed interrupter/roleblocker. I admit I was a big fan of Gheb's clear previously, but I think he needs to be seriously looked at later as the scum hiding among blue claims.

I know we need a lynch before the EC, but L-1 is a little bit of a rush IMO, especially given that frozen practically has to vote for Sword at some point.

Summoner, what do you think regarding frozen and Sword? You have more incentive than anyone to make sure we get it right on the first try.

Top Bottom