• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wow.

I just realized something.

Adumbrodeus, how many scum do you think there are?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Ohohohohohoho, you picked the wrong target, Summoner.
He's lying guys, I'm simply a contestant for the Meat Handlers. I've participated in everryyyyy single challenge. For instance, I picked the number "44" for the D2 challenge, and i stole points from Gheb and Sworddancer last night. The first night, I sent in my confirmation post as well ^_^ I'm not scum haha, but it's a good try. How is Summoner confirmed green at all? He's lying.
Why is it that Summoner is necessarily lying, even if he is wrong? Couldn't Xonar just protected the right person?

@OS: What did you just realize?

M.K

Level 55
Um, the win conditions are in the OP.
Can you explain, please?
I'm not scum, lawl, so you are actually gonna initiate your own fear if you end up leading the lynch on me.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
/golfclap @ adum

about time you finally came out with your night info. I had a feeling ever since day start that you weren't letting on everything you actually knew.

Even a quick look over my posts should make it pretty clear im a MH contestant. Ive been open to obv cva wagons and against obv MH ones all game.

Posting from phone so cant get into much detail but ill gladly elaborate if people doubt it later tonight.

Im kinda like = @ MKs choice of words right there.

M.K

Level 55
Ah, no wait, I think I get what he's getting at.
But why would you assume only 1 scum? In a 20 man game, you only expect a 2-man scum team?

And Frozenflame, what the hell does "=" mean.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If summoner's claim is to be believed, I'm almost positive you are scum Meta-Kirby.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But why do you believe summoner, that's the real question.

Ah, no wait, I think I get what he's getting at.
But why would you assume only 1 scum? In a 20 man game, you only expect a 2-man scum team?

And Frozenflame, what the hell does "=" mean.
Because we're dealing with either half-days or double-kills, that's a significant disadvantage for town.

Plus, the 20 man setup has a night start... and mafia gets a quadro-kill that night.

You realize if you're wrong and you kill someone who isn't scum, both blue and green teams lose, correct?

And we're dealing with a day 3 mylo correct? With this many people?

If have 3 more scum then we're dealing with a 3/3/5 split with scum, green and blue respectively.

We can still lynch scum tomorrow if we pick wrong though, we just need green's help, same as today.

Let me repeat, I can guarantee that FF is either green or scum, blue should kill him.

I see no reason to believe that summoner released his actual target, it goes against his wincon.

So now we have on our kill list:

2 claimed meat handlers (there's no point in them lying if they're blue, so they're either meat handlers or scum).

1 confirmed meat handler

We'll just pseudocop through unconfirmed people to figure out who's green or scum and lynch them anyone who we can't recruit.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Why is it that Summoner is necessarily lying, even if he is wrong? Couldn't Xonar just protected the right person?
Bolding mine; I think it is probably correct. Summoner was outed as a power role D2, and was an obvious protect choice given that we now know he wasn't a doc. His block choice doesn't necessarily reveal scum. Especially given that we don't know if Summoner is being honest about his block choice.

If summoner's claim is to be believed, I'm almost positive you are scum Meta-Kirby.
See above?

Vote: frozenflame751 strikes me as the best move today.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on July 29th.
11 players are alive and it takes 6 to lynch!
Today's elimination challenge has passed so there will not be another today.

Vote Count:

• Meta-Kirby: (1) Overswarm
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Frozenflame751: (2) Adumbrodeus, thedocsalive
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Adumbrodeus: (0)
  • Praxis: (0)
  • Overswarm: (0)
  • Riddle: (0)
  • thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (8) Meta-Kirby, Dark_ermac, Sworddancer., Sir Bedevere, Frozenflame751, Gheb_01, Praxis, Riddle

Get it on!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We can still lynch scum tomorrow if we pick wrong though, we just need green's help, same as today.

Let me repeat, I can guarantee that FF is either green or scum, blue should kill him.
You can do that for more than one, and why would green help you? >_>

I see no reason to believe that summoner released his actual target, it goes against his wincon.
Think of it this way adumbrodeus:

Summoner says "he has scum by the balls", claiming to have used his power and found out who the scum was.

Blue team is in the lead.

Summoner names a name BEFORE anyone says anything.

"Der.... I wonder if he's telling us who the scum is? An obvious ruse!" is the obvious knee-jerk reaction from anyone else.

Three options here:

Summoner is telling the truth, and had no idea whatsoever he was digging green team's grave

Summoner is lying, hoping that blue team will kill Meta-Kirby (who happens to be on green team?)

Summoner is telling the truth, knowing full well that the best odds are to post a one-line post insinuating that Meta-Kirby is scum, and then not backing it up at all in any way shape or form. You're thinking you're too clever adumbrodeus, and summoner is playing off your cockiness. If blue team's masonry had even ONE failed recruitment (you did), you would go for the opposite thinking summoner MUST be lying.

He's not. Meta-Kirby is scum, and summoner is hoping to gain another day via a mislynch.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Forgot to mention:
V/LA notice: going to Florida for about a week starting tomorrow. I should be able to read most RL nights and should not need to be replaced, though I may be slightly less active than usual.

@OS: Why do you think Summoner blocked the scum, and that the lack of NK was NOT due to a doc protect on the outed power role?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That was wiformy as ****.

Quite frankly, if FF doesn't win it, the MK's next.

Whether summoner got unlucky and picked somebody green or actually pointed out scum is irrelevant, but overall we agree that FF is somewhat more likely to actually be scum then summoner actually fingering him overall.

M.K

Level 55
Summoner is lying, hoping that blue team will kill Meta-Kirby (who happens to be on green team?)
Yup, you got it here^^.
Honestly, I can't see how killing me will benefit you at all, since I'm not scum, I'm green. At least Frozenflame has a CHANCE of being scum.
OS, rethink your motives. Summoner said my name, so you allowed somebody else to look back at my posts and determine, for the game, that my intentions were scummy and not-pertaining to lynching scum? ORLY, why was I on the Kirbyoshi wagon? And, why wasn't Frozenflame?
Consider more options than those that are simply thrown at you.

#HBC | Dancer

Whoo whoo whoo whoo. Meta Kirby, you're green and yet you support FrozenFlame's lynch? Which, no matter he be scum or green, would still be bad for you, as green, to lynch him? If he's telling the truth, then you're supporting the lynch of one of you're own teammates. However, if he's scum, then you're supporting losing the game for your team. Think about it. Looking at your words Meta Kirby, your claim of green doesn't quite fit in with what you say.

Also, tbh, you just seem panicky. What's up with that, hm?

M.K

Level 55
Does it HONESTLY matter at this point, Green was ****ed from the very beginning. Playing catch up from losing our leader/sub-leader/2 contestants, even with 3 CVA deaths/1 scum in a row from night kills AND elimination challenges has pretty much ****ed us over, I'm surprised ther. We've got less of a chance of winning than scum does of avoiding blue, considering you have players like Gheb and Overswarm that can just pop in every once in a blue moon to throw around some random crap that everyone swoons over is prettyyy much like a big "**** you" to the green team, since they can just throw their vote around, cuz it doesn't really matter, at all, who they hit, either green or scum.

So yeah, Sworddancer, the person that's glided through this entire game throwing salt on even the most minor of wounds. I seem panicky? Really, what a lackadaisical concept, you have enlightened me wholeheartedly. When it became apparent that town would stop working towards a general favorable "lynch scum" outcome, then people just suddenly became more aware that green has been screwed this whole time.

And really, you've completely ignored the piece of evidence I present against you. Has anyone here ever seen a game where I've effectively contributed to the elimination my OWN scum partner?

Really, you haven't?

Duh.

I don't feel like I'm a strong enough player to effectively DO that, so why would even attempt that in a game like this? I'm not scum, but honestly, telling you that I'm green is such a waste at this point because you've got numbers on your side and an army waiting to throw a steak at the next target. So I'm a green contestant, of the Meat Handlers, what else do you want me to say? I told you what I sent in for each of my elimination challenges, so what else is there besides telling you what I've already said?

M.K

Level 55
If he's telling the truth, then you're supporting the lynch of one of you're own teammates. However, if he's scum, then you're supporting losing the game for your team.
Sworddancer, you really don't have to list out the possibilities that are in front of me. However, the last one, which you left out, is attempting to lynch blue, which at this point, is a near impossibility.
The fact that I could hit scum in Frozenflame, who really didn't vote Kirbyoshi, and is MOST likely playing Frozenscum (laid back, "i c nuttin" type of player), would be cool with me.

#HBC | Dancer

Wow Meta Kirby, what a massive explosion. Did I hurt your feelings or something? If so, sorry, but I'm just playing the game. I said the things I said because I think there is a good chance that you're scum.

Does it HONESTLY matter at this point, Green was ****ed from the very beginning. Playing catch up from losing our leader/sub-leader/2 contestants, even with 3 CVA deaths/1 scum in a row from night kills AND elimination challenges has pretty much ****ed us over, I'm surprised ther. We've got less of a chance of winning than scum does of avoiding blue, considering you have players like Gheb and Overswarm that can just pop in every once in a blue moon to throw around some random crap that everyone swoons over is prettyyy much like a big "**** you" to the green team, since they can just throw their vote around, cuz it doesn't really matter, at all, who they hit, either green or scum.
So, your pretty much giving up then? You lost all morale to play this game? Well, if so, then why Frozen? If it's truly pointless to you at this point, then why are you still hunting? Why are you still bothering with this game at all? In matter of fact, why even bothering blowing up like that?

You put a lot of effort into avoiding the question. You completely went off topic and didn't answer the question. Instead, you just listed why you don't want to answer the question.

Also, you act as if I should know this. You act as if I should be able to tell the reason your logic is inconstant is because you'll giving up, something not made clear until now.

So yeah, Sworddancer, the person that's glided through this entire game throwing salt on even the most minor of wounds. I seem panicky? Really, what a lackadaisical concept, you have enlightened me wholeheartedly. When it became apparent that town would stop working towards a general favorable "lynch scum" outcome, then people just suddenly became more aware that green has been screwed this whole time.
You're just ignoring my accusation and trying to place the attention elsewhere. You seem panicky now, and that's scummy. No, it's not lackadaisical. I've seen scum throw **** storms A LOT when they're under heavy suspicion. Like you just did, with a defense that defeats itself (see above).

And really, you've completely ignored the piece of evidence I present against you. Has anyone here ever seen a game where I've effectively contributed to the elimination my OWN scum partner?

Really, you haven't?

Duh.

I don't feel like I'm a strong enough player to effectively DO that, so why would even attempt that in a game like this? I'm not scum, but honestly, telling you that I'm green is such a waste at this point because you've got numbers on your side and an army waiting to throw a steak at the next target. So I'm a green contestant, of the Meat Handlers, what else do you want me to say? I told you what I sent in for each of my elimination challenges, so what else is there besides telling you what I've already said?
Oh come on. Kirbyoshi was the lynch that Day, there was almost no way that he wasn't. You being on his lynch wagon proves nothing.

However, despite this horrible defense, you're point is still true. Green is near helpless, and has been that way since Day 1, all due to events uncontrollable to them. So, if you're moody attitude could be understandable. After all, I know some town can also have insane prissy fits when they're about to be lynched, and I do agree with you that Frozen is scummy.

Also, on a personal and unrelated level:

So yeah, Sworddancer, the person that's glided through this entire game throwing salt on even the most minor of wounds.
This hurt my feelings a bit, it really did. However, it's not worth getting worked up over something that A BIG DODDY FACE LIKE YOU SAID!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

M.K

Level 55
LOL you can pretty much as anybody i get very flustered when I tend to make arguments, getting defensive is my "thing". It's happened/happening/gonna happen, can't really control it.

HOWEVER, let's look at a hypothetical.

With 20 people, assuming 2 scum, then there were

9 Green
9 Blue
2 Scum

at the very beginning the game.
4 Greens Died, leaving:

5 Green
9 Blue
2 Scum

Lynched KY:

5 Green
9 Blue
1 Scum

3 Blues Died :

5 Green
6 Blue
1 Scum

Xonar just died:

4 Green
6 Blue
1 Scum

Since we need 6 to lynch, it is theoretically impossible for All 4 Green + the remaining scum to lynch a blue player. Any and all blue players could claim at this moment, and still be able to win this game.

You see the predicament that green players are in?
It's times like this when you just feel defeated. There's a reason to keep playing, assuming DUMB play, but with the players left, that feels unlikely.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't feel like I'm a strong enough player to effectively DO that, so why would even attempt that in a game like this?
Oh come on.

Adumbrodeus, imagine for a second you might be wrong. Then look at Meta-Kirby's horrible post history.

Also, I confirmed KirbyYoshi to be scum on the first page. There's no way around it. The fact that you were ON the lynch and frozenflame WASN'T practically guarantees he isn't scum. WTF would a mafia member NOT vote on a guaranteed D1 lynch of a scummate?

votecount said:
kirbyoshi: (9) Overswarm, Xonar,, Sworddancer., Dark_ermac, Meta-Kirby, Adumbrodeus, The Paprika Killer, Clownbot, Gheb_01
Your placement is like... perfect mafia placement. Everything about you screams scum, and I have no idea why Adumbrodeus hasn't caught on. Regardless, I have.

Meta-Kirby is the play for today.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
LOL you can pretty much as anybody i get very flustered when I tend to make arguments, getting defensive is my "thing". It's happened/happening/gonna happen, can't really control it.

HOWEVER, let's look at a hypothetical.

With 20 people, assuming 2 scum, then there were

9 Green
9 Blue
2 Scum

at the very beginning the game.
4 Greens Died, leaving:

5 Green
9 Blue
2 Scum

Lynched KY:

5 Green
9 Blue
1 Scum

3 Blues Died :

5 Green
6 Blue
1 Scum

Xonar just died:

4 Green
6 Blue
1 Scum

Since we need 6 to lynch, it is theoretically impossible for All 4 Green + the remaining scum to lynch a blue player. Any and all blue players could claim at this moment, and still be able to win this game.

You see the predicament that green players are in?
It's times like this when you just feel defeated. There's a reason to keep playing, assuming DUMB play, but with the players left, that feels unlikely.
Yet you've managed to pick a lynch that is not you, as if you have a reason to keep playing.

Like a night kill and an elmination challenge.

M.K

Level 55
It's worth a shot, don't get me wrong. I'd love to keep playing and see if we still can't pull something out of our *****.
I'm just telling you I'm not scum, but I'm not exactly entirely OPTIMISTIC about our situation as Green players.
Of course I've picked a lynch that isn't me, because I know 100% that I'm not scum. If I'm taking a risk, albeit a big/small one, I know that my chances of POSSIBLY lynching scum are better than if I were to be lynched.

Honestly, it's like deciding to play Russian Roulette with 3/4 chambers filled, or all of them. Neither are completely AMAZING options, yet one is clearly better.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
OS, FF seemed like a more likely target with them both being green or scum, but with MK's current scummy breakdown... Not that it matters much.

What really sells me on you being the most likely scum out of this is, you're still claiming to be interested in catching scum, so you'll vote FF to make that more likely. Yet, if we catch scum at this point, you've already lost, whereas it's still possible for your team to win if you die.

So, the clearly better option is that you die, meaning your claim of attempting to pick the better option makes no sense, if you were following through with that, you would SD in order to protect scum for another day in hopes that you could get the numerical advantage.

If you just stopped caring, why are you expending so much energy in trying to lynch somebody else?

unvote
Vote: Meta-Kirby

After conferring with the rest of the blue team masonry we decided that MK is more likely to be scum, and MK is blue team's play of the day.

FF can wait till tomorrow.

M.K

Level 55
OS, FF seemed like a more likely target with them both being green or scum, but with MK's current scummy breakdown... Not that it matters much.

What really sells me on you being the most likely scum out of this is, you're still claiming to be interested in catching scum, so you'll vote FF to make that more likely. Yet, if we catch scum at this point, you've already lost, whereas it's still possible for your team to win if you die.

So, the clearly better option is that you die, meaning your claim of attempting to pick the better option makes no sense, if you were following through with that, you would SD in order to protect scum for another day in hopes that you could get the numerical advantage.

If you just stopped caring, why are you expending so much energy in trying to lynch somebody else?

unvote

After conferring with the rest of the blue team masonry we decided that MK is more likely to be scum, and MK is blue team's play of the day.

FF can wait till tomorrow.
So I either

A) Try to lynch somebody else, get accused of being scum, and die
or
B) Die so that Green team can still win.

Meh, you aren't lynching scum haha, so I really don't know what your little "blue masonry" conferred about, unless it's composed of you, Gheb, and Overswarm.
I never stopped caring, I simply have a very DISMAL outlook on the future of the Green team.
And what do you mean by "SD", cuz I'll do it lol.
I just feel like......ugh, there really is nothing I can say? It's funny, you aren't lynching scum. I'm not Kirbyoshi, I don't lie until the end sooooooo.....

But, I suppose you have nothing to lose, so you don't really care about my plight? Green or Scum, you're increasing your lead. Of course, of course, I see how it is. Blue is on a beeline to win this ****.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
In my last post I meant to do =| as my reaction face to MK's post.

And my face continues to be =|

So let me get this straight? I'm more likely to be scum than you because I wasn't on the KirbyYo lynch?

First of all, I was in full support of the KirbyYo lynch. Just because the last few votes piled on when I wasn't online doesn't mean I was trying to avoid that wagon. The reason I didn't vote was because I didn't want us to quicklynch KirbyYo so we could, ya know, use the day to its full potential. Just because I wasn't actually on the final wagon doesn't mean I wasn't it support of it.

Either way, as has already been pointed out, even the dumbest of scum would have figured out pretty **** quick that KirbyYo was ****ed and wasn't talking his way out of that **** and would have happily stepped in line to lynch him to buy town cred.

Like seriously if that's the only reason you have for me being more likely to be scum over you then I'd be concerned if people bought into that.

Like I said earlier I've been playing obv MH all game. You can hardly say the same, especially now when you're going crazy with this AtE stuff and actively working against whatever Wincon you have at this point.

The worst part is, since you're either MH or scum, lynching you works against my wincon too since if you're the last scum then MHs lose.

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place. >_<

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do you have any idea what happens if Frozen flips Green, then the NK follows and then the EC follows? That's -1 non-mafia for the Frozen lynch, -1 non-mafia from the NK and then like -2 non-mafia via the Elimination Challenge. Any mislynch now [a mislynch being a non-mafia lynch] can cost up to 4 non-mafia players so I have to ask all of you to put a lot more thought behind your votes.

Doc just voting Frozen out of nowhere is an amazing example of how to not play right now. Frozen's play has been stalling but not downright scummy, which to me looks more like what a MH player would do. I do think Meta-Kirby has been scummy though and it could line up with Summoner's claim. WIFOM or not, I think Meta-Kirby is a good play for toDay.

What we do know for sure however, is that all claimed Green players (Frozen, Summoner) are not to be trusted anymore and that we should focus mainly on the opinion of the claimed / confirmed blue players as we can probabky take their opinion at face value.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bolding mine; I think it is probably correct. Summoner was outed as a power role D2, and was an obvious protect choice given that we now know he wasn't a doc. His block choice doesn't necessarily reveal scum. Especially given that we don't know if Summoner is being honest about his block choice.
This is wrong btw. There was no Night Phase between Summoner's claim and now. He claimed toDay - on D3, not on D2. If he was protected it was probably coincidence.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
@Gheb, were you paying attention yesterday? You remember the whole fiasco with Ermac, right? We ALL knew that Summoner had a PR at the end of D2; whether he was town or scum was a different story. I think it quite likely that Xonar decided to protect Summoner, and that scum tried to kill him, on the off-chance Xonar didn't (or that Summoner was the doc himself).

But regardless of that, I agree with you in that MK is the play for today; self-voting is kinda @_@.

Riddle

Smash Lord
This is wrong btw. There was no Night Phase between Summoner's claim and now. He claimed toDay - on D3, not on D2. If he was protected it was probably coincidence.

Dark_Ermac said something to Chibo about sending in his night action and Chibo confirmed that he had a night action.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on July 29th.
11 players are alive and it takes 6 to lynch!
Today's elimination challenge has passed so there will not be another today.

Vote Count:

• Meta-Kirby: (5) Overswarm, Adumbrodeus, Meta-Kirby, Sir Bedevere, Riddle
  • SummonerAU: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Frozenflame751: (1) thedocsalive
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Adumbrodeus: (0)
  • Praxis: (0)
  • Overswarm: (0)
  • Riddle: (0)
  • thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (5) SummonerAU, Sworddancer., Frozenflame751, Gheb_01, Praxis

Get it on!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
How is his self-vote lol?

If we lynch scum right now, he loses, so if he is telling the truth, it's better for him to go with somebody he knows is green (himself) as opposed to somebody who's green or scum, so his behavior is consistent with being green.

It's just too little too late cause he already had his scummy breakdown, at this point he's obviously green or scum and he's also the most likely scum target.

Regardless, somebody hammer him, if he's not the last scum I'll announce the blue team plans next game day.

Top Bottom