• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because the people who were originally for Sworddancer's lynch are just going to hound it upon the game in times like this, when people are so scatterbrained on the direction to go on. It's just another point to bring up constantly until he's officially dead.
Are you saying we should lynch sworddancer?

M.K

Level 55
Are you saying we should lynch sworddancer?
I'm more saying that he's constantly going to be the "safe target" for people to target because he's had so much pressure on him the entire game. I suppose you could say, yes, I'd like to see him lynched so those stuck on his case can finally participate instead of just riding that case until he's dead.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm more saying that he's constantly going to be the "safe target" for people to target because he's had so much pressure on him the entire game. I suppose you could say, yes, I'd like to see him lynched so those stuck on his case can finally participate instead of just riding that case until he's dead.
Who is stuck on his case?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
We're about halfway through the day so you all know what that means!

Elimination Challenge 3 will take place at 9:00pm EST, which is in about 6 hours.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Chibo... on ****ing saturday?

Are you serious? And at 9?!

You do realize that people with lives generally go out saturday nights, right? This isn't fair to those of us who have a social life.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
OK, time for me to pitch in. It took me a while to get a grasp on everything, my apologies again. I would appreciate any corrections people can make if I missed things or misunderstood. This is my second mafia game, and the conditions and logic are rather different.

First, thoughts on the logic. If I'm not misunderstanding; the game ends when the mafia dies, and the team with the most members win. If this is the case, Cartoon Voice Actors wants to lynch scum, and Meat Handlers want to lynch Cartoon Voice Actors. However, Cartoon Voice Actors wouldn't mind lynching a Meat Handlers' power role if they can, since an elimination challenge or scum votes could potentially make or break their lead position right now. Correct?

Thus, much standard mafia logic goes out the window. "Kill scum" isn't necessarily optimal play for a large portion of the town right now, since it might literally cause them to lose on the spot. "Lynch All Liars" as mafia logic also goes out the window, since claiming a power role for either team means half the town now wants to lynch you in addition to the mafia members wanting to kill you.

Overswarm's post here:
I'm not discussing anything about anyone's team color. I'm hunting mafia. You should too. We can discuss your colors when mafia is dead.
either means he hasn't realized this himself, or is CVA and hoping Meat Handlers won't realize this. And I suspect a lot of players haven't grasped this yet.

Everyone who currently has had their team revealed is currently a lynch target by the other team as well as a NK target by the mafia (as everyone who HASN'T revealed the team is a scum suspect).

Have I been incorrect yet?

Next, thoughts on plays through the game.

These are ordered in the order I started taking notes on each player in my notepad document, usually based on the first point at which the user became noticeable to me in the thread.

Overswarm ***** D1, but a bit too overconfident in his own abilities; I didn't get the sense that he's grasping the logic changes necessary for this game from the quote I posted above and some of his other posts. He's just scumhunting and not giving focus to win conditions.

Gheb is the scummiest player in the game. Unfortunately, he seems to also have been confirmed blue early on in the game by describing the color of his role PM. It is possible that this was a gambit; it's not even that risky, because it was a fairly logical statement, and no one on the blue team wants to confirm to everyone else what team he was on. Still, it's a risk, and not a risk Gheb seems like one to take, so the likelyhood is that he is still blue team.

When I say he is the scummiest player, I mean: His logic doesn't always seem to benefit his team, and he refuses to give good answers to questions posted his way. SSBF was very accusing towards him, and Gheb refused to address what SSBF was asking.

Frozenflame behaved oddly on D1. He defended Kirbyoshi and aggressively questioned everyone who was pushing for Kirbyoshi's lynch. He also went out and agreed with everyone who was suggesting not lynching Kirbyoshi, which was SSBF and TDA. His play outside of D1 is fine...but D1 is suspicious.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10638638&postcount=132

Sir Bedevere on D1 behaves oddly as well. He jumps on the "agree with Overswarm" bandwagon, but tries to agree with Overswarm while suggesting not killing Kirbyoshi.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10640538&postcount=159

This actually strikes me as more scummy than Frozenflame; scum love jumping on bandwagons. This post lets him go with the public view while not actually contributing his vote, letting him float under the radar. I don't like it.

ThePaprikaKiller seems to fly under the radar by not posting very much, but his posts aren't particularly offensive; nor do they contribute. ThePaprikaKiller is now me, and my playstyle tends to be rather aggressive scumhunting; so expect a bit of a reversal here. That said, the mechanics of this game throw me off; because as I said, my style is aggressive scumhunting, but scumhunting isn't always the optimal style of play depending on your team situation.

Thedocsalive seems to advocate the Kirbyoshi lynch...but makes one strange statement that I don't understand:
If Kirbyoshi flips town, it does more to confirm OS in my head as town than make me suspicious of him. xD
I dunno if he shares a Mason with OS and wants to back OS as the town hero, or if he's scum and wants to bandwagon on the "praise OS" bandwagon.

Sworddancer, I...seem to be having a hard time getting a read on. I somehow managed to get to page 12-13 and discovered I didn't take a single note related to him. :/

Now, Adumbrodeus claims to be a CVA roleblocker. Summoner, a MH power role. Gheb, CVA.

Riddle's big post seems to make it obvious that he's not Meat Handlers; he could be CVA or scum. It's a pretty dumb post regardless; if he's Meat Handlers, and mafia listen to him, he screws his team over; if he's CVA, he just revealed his identity, making him a lynch target AND a NK target. And he's now a suspect to be investigated as scum, if he is scum.

Xonar's reply:
Riddle did you just claim to be non-green?
Tells us that he's either green, or he's blue and not in the masonry. (Or scum)

As to the events of last night, we know Adumbrodeus is CVA and is in the masonry as he stated, and he accidentally roleblocked a fellow teammate. The question is if scum was roleblocked, or their target was protected. The CVA protector is dead, which means he was either protected by the Meat Handlers (which means the mafia probably tried to kill a meat handler, as protecting a CVA player would be stupid!), OR, the roleblocker correctly identified a member of the mafia.

I think this is our best lead:

Either:
A: Meat Handler's Interrupter knows who the scum is, right now

or

B: The Mafia tried to kill off a member of the Meat Handler's team last night.

If scenario A, we will probably not find out; it is against Meat Handler's best interests to reveal the scum right now, unless the elimination challenge kills off a CVA member, in which case revealing the scum results in a tie game?

:dizzy:

I need to keep thinking on this and see if I can pick out the best course of action.

@ Mod/Chibo, if the last Scum is lynched and the teams are tied, who wins?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
We're about halfway through the day so you all know what that means!

Elimination Challenge 3 will take place at 9:00pm EST, which is in about 6 hours.
OK, this post ninja'd me. I have to second Adumbrodeus here :/ I'm going to a moving-away party for a friend this afternoon. I'll try to check from my phone or iPad though. :/

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@Mod: Will this challenge be time based? Also, continuing off of Praxis question, how will the game continue? Will we just have another elimination challenge and deem whoever wins that challange the winner of the game?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Sworddancer, I think that's right. A lynch will only result in a tie, so only an elimination challenge can break a tie with no characters capable of killing.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I can not confirm anything further about the game in the event of the mafia faction being eliminated and having an even town number left.

Players will have a certain about of time to do Elimination Challenge 3 as they do with all (probably around 18 hours?) but it will not be completely centered around being time based.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
It's an even number, if we're assuming there is no indies and teams start evenly; I think two is most likely, due to the banner picture on page one, but two or four are equally possible and I'm guessing two based solely off of trying to perceive mod intent.

#HBC | Dancer

Hm. . . elimination challenge in less than half an hour.

I guess I'll just make four small points before then.

1. I dislike Summoner's plan for the reason of team claiming.

2. OS don't assume I'm looking for a scapegoat and then turn around and suggest someone for me, especially not someone like Adum. He claimed, and if he was lying then I can only think of one unlikely reason why someone in the blue masonry wouldn't of just out him. (uh, tch though, I can't remember what it was @_@)

3. It seems I've been made into "that guy". Hate it when that happens. Meta Kirby, why is Xonar being hung up on my lynch matter to you? You can answer this question after the challenge, or in your interview if you die.

4. Praxis, your "catch up" post seemed like a whole lot of nothing to me, in the sense that you seemed to just parrot what a lot of players in this game have already said.

fos Praxis

I've got my eye on you

Also, Praxis, trust me, a lot of people at this point definitely realize that just lynching scum at this may not be in the best interest of some.

#HBC | Dancer

Btw I started writing that last post of mine about 20 minutes ago, which is why I open up with "elimination challenge in less than helf an hour".

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Elimination Challenge 3!

Everyone ready for another classic elimination challenge everyone? This one is quite interesting...

The goal of the game is to get as many points as possible! Or should I say... not have the least number of points! All players in the game will be assigned a specific point value to start out with, though I'm not telling how I am determining it (hint: It's not random). Then for the elimination challenge every must send me a pm with the names of two other players in the game. You will then steal one point from each of those players. Whoever has the least amount of points after all pms are sent in is eliminated!

You can not say your own name in your pm.
Players who do not send in a pm or fail to send two names will be penalized.

Edit: You can only pm me once for your challenge pm.

You have 21 hours to complete this challenge. Elimination Challenge 3 ends @ 6:00pm EST on Sunday, July 25th.

Current Alive Players:
-Xonar
-Meta-Kirby
-Sworddancer.
-Sir Bedevere
-Frozenflame751
-Gheb_01
-Adumbrodeus
-Overswarm
-Thedocsalive
-Riddle
-SummonerAU
-Praxis

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1IQAVLDIDSc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1IQAVLDIDSc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

The results are in from Elimination Challenge 3! Who could have been eliminated?

Xonar, Protector on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

Xonar is allowed one final post (which can be no more than 100 words) to say anything he wants to (that's bound by normal posting rules). He has until 3:00pm EST on July 26th to post it (about 15 hours from now).

The vote count has been reset.

The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on July 29th.
11 players are alive and it takes 6 to lynch!
Today's elimination challenge has passed so there will not be another today.

Vote Count:

• Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Adumbrodeus: (0)
  • Praxis: (0)
  • Overswarm: (0)
  • Riddle: (0)
  • Thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (11) Meta-Kirby, Dark_ermac, Sworddancer., Sir Bedevere, Frozenflame751, Gheb_01, Adumbrodeus, Praxis, Overswarm, Riddle, Thedocsalive

Get it on!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wouldn't trust Summoner just like that. Now that Xonar is dead the numbers are stacked against him. Likewise I wouldn't trust Xonar's final post either. There's too much WIFOM involved in that.

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wouldn't trust Summoner just like that. Now that Xonar is dead the numbers are stacked against him. Likewise I wouldn't trust Xonar's final post either. There's too much WIFOM involved in that.

Except someone in a blue masonry could easily clear them as blue?

What exactly is your motive on not trusting summoner here Gheb? If he blocked scum, he's giving out the name of scum. If he's lying, he's either saying Blue team or Green team, both of which can be verified by already claimed players.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too many "ifs" and conditional words like "could" or "can" for my liking, Overswarm.

Masonry can confirm player's alignments if there are successfull masonrys. For all we know the Blue Team may have failed to mason anybody at all. It's only Day 3 - the masonry only had two attempts to mason somebody thus far. That is by no means enough to assume that Summoner's claim can be verified or falsified so easily. As a member of the Green Team I don't see why he wouldn't try to deceive us - after all the game is not lost for him either.

All we know is that Summoner threw out the name of Meta-Kirby. He didn't even attribute anything to his name and Xonar has yet to make his post. I'm rather too careful now than not careful enough.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Too many "ifs" and conditional words like "could" or "can" for my liking, Overswarm.

Masonry can confirm player's alignments if there are successfull masonrys. For all we know the Blue Team may have failed to mason anybody at all. It's only Day 3 - the masonry only had two attempts to mason somebody thus far. That is by no means enough to assume that Summoner's claim can be verified or falsified so easily. As a member of the Green Team I don't see why he wouldn't try to deceive us - after all the game is not lost for him either.

All we know is that Summoner threw out the name of Meta-Kirby. He didn't even attribute anything to his name and Xonar has yet to make his post. I'm rather too careful now than not careful enough.

So do you think Meta-Kirby is the final scum?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not sure. I will reread his posts at the very least and write up my opinion soon enough.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Thank you for that useless bit of information.
And FoS: Gheb....because I feel like anyone that is part of a team would probably keep a game breaking element secret and not be like "I, LIKE, BROKE THE GAME." Last time someone did that, it was OS in DBZ, who was scummyyy (and yet targeted by the entire game night one , lol fatality).
What constitutes a mislynch in this game, anyhow?
For all you care, if a member of the opposite team is lynched, you succeed anyhow.
In that situation, can you constitute a mislynch if the overall result is not detrimental towards your own cause?
There is a point, however, in most games that the value of a day begins to decline. That is, I especially do not want Kirbyoshi to come in, post within a day or two of the limit, then scramble for a 2nd best/possible no lynch.
I'm all for extending the use of the day, however, I don't want people to be soft on their decisions either. If we're going to make use of the day as presented, we may as well HAVE a plan instead of allowing the more flip-floppy members (or mafia, perhaps) to sway an otherwise eventual outcome.
First of all ghebberzz, that's L-3, not your assumed L-2. Also, you've literally tunneled me D1 in *every* Mafia game we've ever had the great privilege of simultaneously attended, so this is just another refreshing reminder that you haven't changed a bit. Because like, ya know, the 5 other "sheepers" on the wagon aren't nearlyy as bad as me, right? Oh jesus christ, just because you aren't sitting on Kirbyoshi waiting for answers and applying pressure doesn't mean you should condemn those who are. Right now, at this moment, you are doing nothing but whining in this game.
I don't think it's that cut and dry, which is the problem. People will support OS/condemn OS based on the result, and this game is not just Town vs. Scum. It might as well be Faction 1 vs. Mafia Faction vs. Faction 2. It's not going to be that hard for someone to "forgive" OS if Kirbyo flips town of Faction 2 if the person that voted was Faction 1.
Would it be reasonable to assume that at least ONE scum lies within the 5-6 people NOT voting Kirbyoshi?
Sworddancer is just going to CONSTANTLY feel like the play unless he's lynched or killed, it's the same feeling you get for people who you barely just let live each day.
Because the people who were originally for Sworddancer's lynch are just going to hound it upon the game in times like this, when people are so scatterbrained on the direction to go on. It's just another point to bring up constantly until he's officially dead.
I think all of these quotes are scummy as they are either flat-out wrong or intentionally misleading. Do you agree with me, Overswarm? I can go into detail if you disagree with me but I can indeed see MK as the play.

#HBC | Dancer

I actually agree with Gheb here. I can totally see Summoner lying right now, but I don't know. It seems just too MUCH like a desperate last ditch attempt, if that makes sense. . .

In any case, I'm not laying my vote on anyone for now.

I also do agree Gheb, that all of those quotes that you pulled up are scummy, but for a different reason. Not in a single one of them do I get the feeling that he's trying to lynch scum.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So are we lynching MKirby then?

MKirby, you have anything you want to say?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Guys, hold up on a meta-kirby lynch.

Blue has the absolute numerical advantage right now and we have two pseudo-copping powers, so let's make the most of it and lynch green or scum every day.

We have one failed recruit and an admitted green, our target today should be one of those two.

Give me a minute to plan strategy with the team captains and I'll tell all blues who they should vote for to lynch toDay.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Guys, hold up on a meta-kirby lynch.

Blue has the absolute numerical advantage right now and we have two pseudo-copping powers, so let's make the most of it and lynch green or scum every day.

We have one failed recruit and an admitted green, our target today should be one of those two.

Give me a minute to plan strategy with the team captains and I'll tell all blues who they should vote for to lynch toDay.
I haven't decided if blue team announcing every single one of their members with the protectors all gone would be a good idea or not.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Who says we are? We gradually move people there and we'll probably get a green or two in the process cause green will be forced to appear blue so as to avoid getting lynched because in order to win, people not only have to appear to be town, but also appear to be blue (and we've got a considerable amount of data from when the optimal strategy was to just appear town, so that makes it a lot easier to figure out who's green or scum).

In the meantime we have 2 copping powers (recruit (specifically who we failed to recruit) and roleblock) of both at my death assuming I get NK'd tonight.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Who says we are? We gradually move people there and we'll probably get a green or two in the process cause green will be forced to appear blue so as to avoid getting lynched because in order to win, people not only have to appear to be town, but also appear to be blue (and we've got a considerable amount of data from when the optimal strategy was to just appear town, so that makes it a lot easier to figure out who's green or scum).

In the meantime we have 2 copping powers (recruit (specifically who we failed to recruit) and roleblock) of both at my death assuming I get NK'd tonight.
Something tells me you are missing something.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Adum's plan seems solid. We need to catch scum eventually though and a systematic method wont necessarily be effective

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Perceptive, we're waiting on an answer from chibo about a mechanics question, this will decide which of our potential lynch targets we will choose.
The game ends the moment a team outnumbers the other and there's no scum left, and he's not going to tell you why a recruitment failed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I got what I needed.

Vote: Frozenflame

We failed to recruit him before, therefore he is either scum or green.

Either way, we maintain an absolute numerical advantage.

Summoner is obvious green so I'd prefer not to waste a day lynching him, but if we don't a green or scum target next game day we should do it to preserve numerical advantage.

I'll feed my roleblock and our recruitment through my death post if i get nk'd.

Let's get it!

M.K

Level 55
Ohohohohohoho, you picked the wrong target, Summoner.
He's lying guys, I'm simply a contestant for the Meat Handlers. I've participated in everryyyyy single challenge. For instance, I picked the number "44" for the D2 challenge, and i stole points from Gheb and Sworddancer last night. The first night, I sent in my confirmation post as well ^_^ I'm not scum haha, but it's a good try. How is Summoner confirmed green at all? He's lying.

Top Bottom