• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MW:W Cir) Event 52: Battle to End Hunger- M2K Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Filed final paper work for tourney with the venue.

Hype

DeLux

Phat, I'll do my best to assign housing as it comes up.

If you are in need of housing please make your requests ASAP
We have a fairly substantial amount available.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Feel free to confirm me for Wichita/KC.

First tournament in 4-5 months, go!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
On Skype:
[4/7/11 9:01:23 PM] Fino: I'm asking m2k if it is okay to use his name in the thread title
[4/7/11 9:01:33 PM] Fino: here it is from AIM
|shana24|: Oh, so the TO of Event 52 wanted me to ask you if was alright if he used your name in the thread title to hype the event.
oovideogamegodoo: yea i dont care
[4/7/11 9:01:39 PM] Fino: appease the majority
[4/7/11 9:01:40 PM] Fino: lol
[4/7/11 9:02:53 PM] DeLux: LOL
[4/7/11 9:02:57 PM] DeLux: finally

Cause someone actually going and asking Jason if it was okay would have applied too much common sense for you guys (though Lux mentioned trying PMs).

You're welcome. inb4itshouldhavebeenthereinthefirstplace - stfu and be happy :)

EDIT: Also got his permission for a newspaper ad... cause there are lots of potfills on campus. Hype
i meant to do that forever ago but i was busy doing things in real life :(

MJG

Smash Hero
My brother's communion date has been changed and I think I have my old partner back for this :)

So...I am confirmed again.

@Nicole: Several people from KS will be available to team (I am pretty sure).

Hype!

Shoop Doop. We in there

Accepting all MMs.

we out.

afk.

DeLux

I went ahead and made an update to the Rule Section. For Brawl. (If you're coming to play Melee, this doesn't apply to you)

We're going to be using Unity Ruleset except for a few exceptions.

They are outlined in the OP but I'll go over it briefly:

- During Pools, we will be doing Bo1 Full Stage List striking, so the stage striking procedure is out during pools
- Coaching will be allowed, even during sets. I have no way of enforcing the coaching rule of the Unity Ruleset. So rather than have people constantly complain to me about it and then have me not be able to enforce it, we're just going to have to be grown ups and deal with it.
- 7 Stage Starter List featuring FD, PS1 and PS2. I want to keep statistics of which stages are played throughout the tournament and present it to the BBR-RC afterwards. The Stage Discussion people have debated the most that FD and PS2 are debatable Starter/CPs, so I'll be looking to see how many times each gets played in tournament.
- Midwest Circuit Rule: Finals are going to be played on the MWW Circuit Director's Wii.
-Sportsmanship: We are at a Church. Do not use Drugs. Do not Swear or use Inappropriate language. Do not harass people. I want to use this venue again in the future, so especially since it's the first time we're being allowed to use it, PLEASE do not misbehave. I'll be more lenient probably at future events, but this one I will definitely not hesitate to bounce people if there are problems.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You'll be pretty hard pressed to get everyone to not cuss... the other requests shouldn't be an issue though.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i play this game only on saturdays LOL

btw again a reminder
1) if anyone has a good controller, please let me borrow it/keep it/buy it. matters more for melee but matters for both still
2) the training thing since this is the only time ill be here so just send me a PM

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, is Radium going to this tournament? If so, then there's a bag that belongs to her that I need to return. >_>

DeLux

Oh. I had to do it or they were going to unfeature me in the tournament listings.

So it was a tough call, but it wasn't too much different than what we were running before. If anything, the LGL is more lax because it was less than even the MK only one. Although I'm REALLY sorry about the infinites. If it makes people feel better, I've been playing Lucas now so I feel your pain.

Nicole

Smash Champion
dude i would totally team with holms if he wants to

i mean unless m2k doesn't have a teammate? :awesome:

BunBun

Smash Master
Peef, you are also always welcome. I don't think there is anyone that my house would actually turn away....

Also I'm under the impression I'm housing Chicago. Need to know if this is true or not. *looks at Trail*
So, not saying we're coming or anything for sure yet, but who else is housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom