• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

-Chad-

Slackerator
Hurray for un-DIable, low % kill comboes.
I guess this means Captain Falcon now joins Squirtle in WhyTheHellHasn'tTheWBRFixedThis? Tier
inb4 Milln claims Squirtle doesn't have anything that needs to be fixed.
It's very very situational. It's quite hard to get your opponent to just let you d-air him at just the right moment to lead into falcon punch.

Unless if I say "Hey. (long pause) Stop moving."

Rayku

Smash Lord
One personal thing:

I will not support BigLou going to Tennessee, or anyone from GA for that matter, for another tournament unless the entry fee is reinstated to $10 for both event, or at least for singles. This probably isn't best said from me, but from BigLou/ZeonStar it would probably be more heard (because they did not make money this last tournament)

Milln

Smash Champion
inb4 Milln claims Squirtle doesn't have anything that needs to be fixed.
Alright. That's it. Now that I have time and i'm not in the middle of a match.

Squirtle is way, way worse than he was.

in 5.0:

• Squirtle's uair will rarely kill you because of its reduced growth or base or whatever.
  • Squirtle cannot uthrow to uair kill on any character at any percentage that i've tried it at (between 80s and 110's). There isn't enough hitstun or knockback from uair.
  • Squirtle's uair is also slower and has very little hitstun compared to what it was. A complete gimp. This means I have to have you much nearer to me to continue a combo and the thing I did with platforms to reset my jumps will no longer work because of that lack of hitstun.
  • Squirtle's Fthrow and backthrow are near useless for killing because you no longer DI a certain way out of fear of being uthrown.
  • Yeah, Squirtle's Down Throw does kill, but much later than Ness'(and other characters?) back throw. I don't wanna hear it.
  • Fsmash is near useless because of the poor range and the fact that the hitbox is also my hurtbox. These two coupled together with the negligible super armor makes it unusable and unsafe.
  • Dsmash is okay.
  • Usmash is great, especially when hydroplaned, but it's difficult to set up and there's the whole part of I can be hit out of it even while Hydroplaning. That's why I don't do it very often. I get hit and it's like "F this."
  • Ftilt no longer has great shield stun or as great IASA (so it seems) so I can't pressure shields with it, nor can I lock you into an ftilt party until I feel like doing something else. It's ftilt > Jab on hit or Ftilt > Be careful on shield for me.
  • Utilt is a good move, but its hitstun was reduced so I have to be much quicker on it. I can't even hit confirm(do another utilt) if I want to combo or else you can jump away. That's why I keep getting grabbed on shield.
  • NONE of his aerials have any shieldstun worth anything. I can be shieldgrabbed out of all aerials except MAYBE back air IF I space it great.
  • Back Air has poor killing power and average priority, but good range for a Squirtle move
  • Down air is only good for catching rollers or sidesteppers. Nothing else. Can't combo to it or from it most of the time, as a roll/sidestep catcher move should be, i'm not complaining.
  • Fair is definitely his best move all around. Good priority and killing power if I sex it. Only if I sex it, which I do because i'm good. But really, that's all Squirtle has, is his fair. It has decent hitstun so I can do shenanigans from it, but that's all.
  • Nair is basically useless. No hitstun and bad angles and doesn't kill. Only thing is that it is my only move that has zero or close to zero landing lag. Doesn't make it good.
  • Side-B is only a move I can use if i'm F-in' around. Against anyone that knows anything it's instant death.
  • UpB is too short and despite what you all say, I can easily get hit out of it from the top. Stop running into it. It's not a great recovery. Marth's is better.
  • Squirtle has no Down-B so he's short a special.
  • Neutral B is a great special for lots of things including set ups and preventing recovery. It's how I kill people with linear yet high priority UpBs.

And That's Squirtle. All he is is Fair, Neutral B, and Downthrow. He is not an amazing character anymore and it's annoying because they "fixed" the wrong things about his good traits. He is a NORMAL character around mid tier. This is pompous, but I'm the one that makes him seem fantastic because I have so much fun playing him, and i'm a monster when i'm having fun. If you're just trying to bust my chops about him, then I rescind all my bulletpoints, because then it's amusing and you're a fgt. >O XD

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Alright. That's it. Now that I have time and i'm not in the middle of a match.

Squirtle is way, way worse than he was.

[WALL OF TEXT]

And That's Squirtle. All he is is Fair, Neutral B, and Downthrow. He is not an amazing character anymore and it's annoying because they "fixed" the wrong things about his good traits. He is a NORMAL character around mid tier. This is pompous, but I'm the one that makes him seem fantastic because I have so much fun playing him, and i'm a monster when i'm having fun. If you're just trying to bust my chops about him, then I rescind all my bulletpoints, because then it's amusing and you're a fgt. >O XD
You're probably right, in all fairness, I haven't had a chance to play any singles with you in 5.0.

Also, it sounds like we need to put together an official Game Galaxy song pack.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Hahah...

Never, I love mine....

I'm going to change Delfino Plaza to the static of a TV.

In fact I'm going to change all CPs to that. I DARE YOU TO PICK A CP!

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hahah...

Never, I love mine....

I'm going to change Delfino Plaza to the static of a TV.

In fact I'm going to change all CPs to that. I DARE YOU TO PICK A CP!
Your loss, I have an iPod

I'll just CP you to Castle Siege

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
6 Bucks.

Yayuhzz....

/waitin' for post.
Wish granted. So like, Slash's crew, as well as some of Player 5's buddies had a smashfest/tiny lol-worthy tourney, with the low low fee of 2$ entry xD. Since Slash wants the results posted, I guess I will, for the lulz that will ensue. Hopefully.

1: Seiki ($14.00) (Falco/I think thats it?)
2: Slash ($4.00) (Diddy/Falco/Metaknight)
3: Papstr ($2.00) (Metaknight/Captain Falcon)
4: Player 5 (Jigglypuff/Dedede/something)
5: Mo (Toon Link)
6: Sami (ZSS)
7: EB (Fox/forgotlol)
8: Kain (ZSS)

Since there were few entrants, we did it round robin. For curiosity, here's the bracket:

discuss.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ok so went to munkaid 8. It was a fun tourney and I got to play Lord Karn. possibly NCs best Player in Brawl+. I did incredibly well. after I got out of a Melee groove It was something to behold.

And then the Effin wacky adventure after the tourney. OMG it was the worst yet best experience ive ever had when coming back or traveling to a tournament.

Milln

Smash Champion
I went to the arcade today and saw Senpai/Fayt/Bosco! =D We played BlazBlue and stuff and hung out and it was fun.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8706013&postcount=899

KO: almost got killed by a mountain this weekend
Jimbo: What!?
KO: yeah
Jimbo: How? O__o
KO: I-40
KO: had a Rock Slide
KO: and I was like 10 cars from the front
KO: where two cars got crushed
Jimbo: Holy ****! O__o
Jimbo: Well ****, I'm glad you made it out of there!
KO: not to mention
KO: I helped this lady
KO: she was stranded on the side of the road
KO: and It was cold and creepy
KO: she kinda jumped out into the middle of the road so I thought maybe she was hurt
KO: no
KO: she was freaking out though
Jimbo: Oh wow
KO: So as we are driving her to a store I kinda pry whats wrong out of her
KO: She was out drinking and appearently someone had drugged her ( i think she was lying)
KO: But really what I think happened was she threw up on herself while driving and Had to pull over to keep from throwing up again
KO: then we came along to help her
KO: I was getting more and more pissed about her freaking the **** out even when I was still helping her
KO: I finally just snapped on her
Jimbo: Yeah?
KO: told her to just fess up what was really going on
KO: she never really told us the truth
KO: and then we took her to some ****ing CREEPY *** CAMP SITE
KO: like off of a ****ing Horror flick
Jimbo: ****. O_O

Handorin

Smash Hero
/post to say I'm coming to the next one.

Because I actually remembered to take off work.

Time to size up my Manondorf.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
oh you mean D!ck?

lol im an *******
J-just how many nicknames does he have?!

/post to say I'm coming to the next one.

Because I actually remembered to take off work.

Time to size up my Manondorf.
Aha. I saw that post earlier today. I might play around with Ganonchu for lulz. Though he seriously scares the crap outta me.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8706013&postcount=899

KO: almost got killed by a mountain this weekend
Jimbo: What!?
Jimbo: How? O__o
KO: I-40
KO: had a Rock Slide
KO: and I was like 10 cars from the front
KO: where two cars got crushed
Jimbo: Holy ****! O__o
Jimbo: Well ****, I'm glad you made it out of there!
KO: not to mention
KO: I helped this lady
KO: she was stranded on the side of the road
KO: and It was cold and creepy
KO: she kinda jumped out into the middle of the road so I thought maybe she was hurt
KO: no
KO: she was freaking out though
Jimbo: Oh wow
KO: So as we are driving her to a store I kinda pry whats wrong out of her
KO: She was out drinking and appearently someone had drugged her ( i think she was lying)
KO: But really what I think happened was she threw up on herself while driving and Had to pull over to keep from throwing up again
KO: then we came along to help her
KO: I was getting more and more pissed about her freaking the **** out even when I was still helping her
KO: I finally just snapped on her
Jimbo: Yeah?
KO: told her to just fess up what was really going on
KO: she never really told us the truth
KO: and then we took her to some ****ing CREEPY *** CAMP SITE
KO: like off of a ****ing Horror flick
Jimbo: ****. O_O
Epic day, glad you and jack are okay

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
And I thought I've had some crazy nights, I've never had something that hardcore happen to me before. I think the craziest thing to happen to me was getting shot at by a crazy redneck, but that doesn't even compare to a rock slide. Good to hear that you're safe and sound though duder.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
other things happened too? poor Ko
dude like when my Apartment burned down a few years ago. Or when my car blew up In memphis on the way to a Biweekly. I got really bad luck. But hey if it wasnt for bad luck id have no luck

Btw how does everyone feel about me raising the cost of entry into the tournament back up to 10 per person per event? It really encourages people to come for Far away if they feel like they can win (See GA, NC, Memphis)

Milln

Smash Champion
Akatsuki Blitzkampf baby?

**** KO. Bad stuff just keeps happening to you. At least you are alive and unharmed.
It's cause he knows me! My Amazing super power extends to my friends.

Btw how does everyone feel about me raising the cost of entry into the tournament back up to 10 per person per event? It really encourages people to come for Far away if they feel like they can win (See GA, NC, Memphis)
I'm down..... >,> Shhhhhh.

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
Sup biches. I finally made a SWF account after having been visiting this site for 3 years. Now you all are going to eat some tasty troll soup. Get ready motherfckers. Strap up cause ya'll *****s bout to get dropped on!!111!1!!!

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
GOD I can't enjoy being black for a second. Way to ruin the moment. :(

Top Bottom