• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Wow this tournament is going to be bigger than xbox :laugh:! Not going to be entering the melee tourney cause there is no point, but I'm not opposed to the idea of friendlies, since I've picked it back up recently. Oh on a side note, anyone interested in better stages for brawl+ should check out this thread if you haven't already http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253652.
honestly those stages dont really matter to me cause they are just different versions of Battlefield and Final D. The only one that would truly matter is a Better version of FD.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I don't know man, I think that having a couple knock offs of fd and battlefield would be better than some of the gay stages that are on there now.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I don't know man, I think that having a couple knock offs of fd and battlefield would be better than some of the gay stages that are on there now.
its those gay stages that make the counterpick system in smash work right. I dont like getting wrecked on fd the winning on a good cp then going to fd clone stage. Its dumb and gives massive stage advantages. Its like the sandbag on the wifi waiting stage. Its there so its no a fd clone. Id be up for reversed battlefield though. Two high platforms and 1 low platform.

Handorin

Smash Hero
its those gay stages that make the counterpick system in smash work right. I dont like getting wrecked on fd the winning on a good cp then going to fd clone stage. Its dumb and gives massive stage advantages. Its like the sandbag on the wifi waiting stage. Its there so its no a fd clone. Id be up for reversed battlefield though. Two high platforms and 1 low platform.
I think he means replace stages like 64M and stuff. But in tournament play, you are right. One of them would have to go. We can't have two of the same stage.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I think he means replace stages like 64M and stuff. But in tournament play, you are right. One of them would have to go. We can't have two of the same stage.
Thanks man, that is exactly what I meant lol sorry about not clarifying, and the two of the same stage thing is another good point that I agree with, kinda of pointless to ban fd when they could just pick another one :laugh:. As for lucario up-b change, I thought that they weren't going to change anything for a while, but they could have changed their minds about that.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I kinda wish they would, his up-b is pretty ridiculous
the only thing we can do to get that fixed is voice out opinion. That means if you post in the Brawl+ area then say something about it. They CAN fix it. They just thought that it should be part of Lucario. when It should not.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Tennessee is the only state/region/people that complain about Lucario.

Even other regions who have Lucario+ mains don't complain.

This makes me sad.

j00t

Smash Champion
Chad doesn't like it when he mains characters with broken attributes, apparently.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Tennessee is the only state/region/people that complain about Lucario.

Even other regions who have Lucario+ mains don't complain.

This makes me sad.
"Lucario has a Great Up B"

"yeah I know, Its cause we Can't fix the auto latching it has"

"PSA can fix that now"

"Oh. well. Its just part of Lucario's Game now"

hmmm something seems wrong here. People don't complain cause they don't want to be shot down by the WBR. Personally there are no Good Lucario mains in Brawl+ besides you (or atleast ones that have actual results). Chad doesnt main Lucario but could. Milln SHOULD main Lucario but would rather Play Squirtle cause he is more Fun. If I took the time to learn and exploit Lucario's dumb stuff then I could main him too. Lucario #1 imo for a first tier list. But for me its like playing Fox in melee, I just don't want to learn him. As good as I know he is. But Oh well I'm actually done trying to Complain about Dumb stuff in Brawl+. Ill just get around Lucario's Rediculous stuff.

Rayku

Smash Lord
The main problem Lucario has, IMO, is killing his opponent. His combos don't go into a killing move like some other characters.

His only guaranteed combo into a kill move is upthrow to upair at really high percents, and that can be fixed with a simple upthrow adjustment.

shapular

Smash Ace
I won't be at this tournament due to football game/service project johns. :(

G&W doesn't combo into kills either. The most he has is dthrow>dsmash if you don't tech. And if you do tech dthrow is pretty useless. :ohwell:

-Chad-

Slackerator
Lucario can kill, and when he can't he has the power to combo the piss out of you till he can with his low knockback moves with little lag and awesome priority. And when he can kill you, the same thing applies except he kills you instead of comboing you as much... It sucks, it's kind of the same thing I hate about Ness' f-air which never seems to increase in knockback.

Argh. His up-b is ridiculous I dunno how anyone can't see it...Lucario is a very good character due to how great his priority is combined with his mobility and lack of having to worry about getting edgeguarded.

I dunno I'm ranting maybe..I really wish they'd just keep his regular up-b from vbrawl but made the landing lag a LOT faster and made it happen faster so it wouldn't be so overpowering. The fact that he can just go high and be free to have actions is so very good, especially with his great A-Town stomp d-air.

@rayku- f-air > d-air works almost all the time and you know d-air is a very potent kill move. F-smash is also very unpunishable and kills.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Lucario can kill, and when he can't he has the power to combo the piss out of you till he can with his low knockback moves with little lag and awesome priority. And when he can kill you, the same thing applies except he kills you instead of comboing you as much...
@rayku- f-air > d-air works almost all the time and you know d-air is a very potent kill move. F-smash is also very unpunishable and kills.
I've said this a lot. When Lucario is at low percents, his high combo ability doesn't really serve very much because of the low reward. They do very little damage. 3% F-air's anyone?

At higher percents, his combos become tech chases once they get you to about 40% or higher. It's like fighting Falco in Melee. Really annoying, and (because I suck at Melee) impossible to tech at the right time :(

The only thing broken about Lucario, in my honest opinion, is his upthrow growth. That's where he gets his kills.

F-smash can be powershielded and punished by a lot of the cast. I guess that requires more accurate timing, but it's still very possible.

Yeah, F-air > D-air does work MOST of the time, but if you DI up on the F-air you get sent above him, where N-air is the only option. Even though that is a pretty good kill move at higher percents, too...

j00t

Smash Champion
The whole point of combos is to do damage that is unescapable... right? Free damage is good, no matter how little it is. Unless you can string another move that does more damage.

So first priority, get free damage. Second priority, get as much free damage as possible. Amirite or amirong :p

j00t

Smash Champion
Chad!!! We're teaming, amirite!?!? Andy and I just came up with the best ****ing team ever.

PM me and I'll let you in. It is practically guaranteed first place if we do this team.

xFayt

Smash Cadet
:/ my parents are still thinking about it. KO, we are gonna visit your house soon. You better clean up!

Milln

Smash Champion
I think it's pretty lame that all the amazing stuff happens when i'm no longer able to attend.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if I can make it up there in time to go to this... I doubt it though. Moving is a... not fun thing.
I feel ya there. I've moved quite alot the past 2 or 3 years, and hauling crap around and getting it situated (especially when the houses had tiny stairways, making it hard to get **** upstairs) can be a pain in the ***.

Rayku

Smash Lord
There's about a 5% chance I will be at this tournament, unfortunately. I wish I had funds and a car, that way I wouldn't have to depend on people.

Chad, I'm sorry to let you down, but I would suggest finding an alternate teammate for Brawl+

j00t

Smash Champion
****, this ****'s going down next weekend.

I'm so glad I have all of my homework this weekend.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I'm off work for the weekend, so I'll be there, probably riding up with Andy and Joot. I'm excited to make rocks appear from nowhere and break them on people's heads!

Also, Matt, do you still drink lots of Mello Yello?

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I just realized, this is coming up this weekend. Hm...

I'll be purchasing an Xbox 360 finally, which will eat up a fair bit of my money. So I'm unsure if I'll be able to make this or not because of that. I will have a good 30 or so left over after I buy it and 2 games, so I think I may be fine for this.

Though there's still the issue of finding a ride. I suppose I'll come by with Kain, which we'll probably show up late, like he did last time. Unless I can find some way to get there Friday night or something.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Ride bailed.
Have to somehow saddle up with Layth(P5), and i'unno if he'll have room for... other. folk. I'm wanting to bring.
If that doesn't work, somehow Senpai will have to convince his parents.
If neither happens, I won't be there. .-. , breakin' my cuffs.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Ride bailed.
Have to somehow saddle up with Layth(P5), and i'unno if he'll have room for... other. folk. I'm wanting to bring.
If that doesn't work, somehow Senpai will have to convince his parents.
If neither happens, I won't be there. .-. , breakin' my cuffs.
Yea, I think I'm in a similar boat, unless I find a ride, friday night or something. Not sure if Kain can give me a ride. Even if he does, I'd probably show well past sign ups.

Who are these other people you're wanting to bring?

Top Bottom