• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Computer fighters... I wish I could get into one, but I play comp TF2 and enjoy it so **** much.. I get on my PC = Tf2 Time.. or smashboards, on my crappy PC =\

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I expect the no planking thing is really nice for falcos. I know it is decent for Wario, although bouncing bike was a decent answer.

My first reaction was "DAMMIT KO, WHY DO YOU HATE MEE" but I am kinda warming up to the idea. I guess my Wario will have to be ready. I like Wario, but I hate what happens to him against Marth, and MK was my Marth answer...

So Snake or something, I dunno where to go. But eh, I think no MK in doubles will be a lot of fun..

Luigis mansion is still gay. Night guys.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Ha well well well looks like i found the board of people that I thought I'd never hear from again. Anyways I'm looking to spar my sheik against anyone on here for fun :) and i had fun at that tourney!

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Not after the vid I just saw. And janitor your snake was fun at that tourney. Hope to match sheik against you again :)

¥/AcID/¥

Smash Rookie
Ha well well well looks like i found the board of people that I thought I'd never hear from again. Anyways I'm looking to spar my sheik against anyone on here for fun :) and i had fun at that tourney!
When i fight you again ajax, my PT will **** your sheik.

Just wait!!!!

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Lol woah bro calm the hostility :). But man I don't remember fighting an acid lol but do you stay in Murfreesboro or TN at all cause I'll fight anytime!!!

¥/AcID/¥

Smash Rookie
Lol woah bro calm the hostility :). But man I don't remember fighting an acid lol but do you stay in Murfreesboro or TN at all cause I'll fight anytime!!!
Yeah, i didnt think you'd remember me, I came with vikin, mr.p, and binx.
And was constantly owned by your boost-at-will wit sheik.
>.<

But next tourny we shall see!!!

No hostility, just redemption!!!:laugh:

and yeah. i live in tn, about an hour and a half from antioch
=D

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Muahaha what all I did was destroy your village and take the children as slaves! What harm is that? Lol but my apologies for only fighting at half my normal speed at only gate 4. Since your Pt is planning to assassinate me I guess I'll go gate 8 and destroy your will. Muahahaha jp :). Do u stay in town?

¥/AcID/¥

Smash Rookie
Muahaha what all I did was destroy your village and take the children as slaves! What harm is that? Lol but my apologies for only fighting at half my normal speed at only gate 4. Since your Pt is planning to assassinate me I guess I'll go gate 8 and destroy your will. Muahahaha jp :). Do u stay in town?
hahahah!

I will train hard!
and get my children back!!!!!

Nah, we just all pile in and head up on the tourny dates.We smash all the time here though.
^_^

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
****ing DACUS....

lol, gg's though, I know I'll beat you in June (Can't make it to the May one).
Lol sorry but the DACUS finisher is just too sexy!! Lol your kirby skill is amazing bro. Any other sheik and you would destroy them haha hope to fight you again. When we do I'll teach u new strategies with kirby for your reflexes :). And no acid the children are mine!!

I shall make a legion of new mini sheiks muahaha

Kain17

Smash Cadet
But honestly? we only have phloat and paps as mk mains. Will_ , Jmoan, and Midnight use him if losing, but they don't main him, so I'd be suprised if all this affected the endbracket much.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
I'm really starting to warm up to this whole TL/Falco thing.

they compliment me so well.

'sup Ajax, Acid, and such. man like nobody lives in Antioch D:, I'm kinda sad, only have my regular crew of homies near me in Tusculum.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Slash if you ever wanna brawl I stay near KO. Lol feel free to hit me up bro. Have u tried that reflex training on slow motion?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Nboyyy really is gone =\.

I wasn't expecting that.

Either way, I like Wario too! I like all the characters... I love Meta Knight, so much fun, so adaptable, d-tilt ->f-tilt ->d-tilt -> smash a roll xD

Also, I kept trying to get the sliding F-smash off in this tournament, and I got it off once, was amazing. At the end of some doubles match! I hit someone out of his roll..

If you don't know what it is, it is basically like shellshifting with Squirtle, but with a f-smash and it is a lot less extreme.

¥/AcID/¥

Smash Rookie
I'm really starting to warm up to this whole TL/Falco thing.

they compliment me so well.

'sup Ajax, Acid, and such. man like nobody lives in Antioch D:, I'm kinda sad, only have my regular crew of homies near me in Tusculum.
Ha, yeah we just have our sub-normal crew.

A few mediocre player, but nearly a select few.
i'll be along on pretty much each tournament now. . . . So whooo!!!

Milln

Smash Champion
Milln's Amazing Shoutouts

Charity: The Video Game Community loves you, baby.

Cody: Huge rofles at you. You don't get it and prefer to be narrow. Beast some peeps at baseball.

Phloat: I stopped caring. XD I had been playing bad all day.

Midnight: ISN'T SWR AMAZING?!?! See ya in the morning next month. =D Send me a pm if you want to play, i'm up for it anytime.

ShadW: Stop johning out of SWR, fgt. >O

KO: I heard you were a beast, from a very reputable source. THanks for letting me win the pancake contest. +5 to charity. XD Send me a text, i've got something you'd like to hear.

Ihop lady: You didn't have that many tables. Refill our drinks faster, gawd. Especially mine. >,>

Ajax: Didn't get to see you play. Dangit.

Jmoan: There's like eight of 'em. <3 I'll miss you, too. It's always fun to watch you eat.

Chad: My baby can kick the crap out of your baby any day of the week. >OOO Also, I need to play DDR more so I can do all the songs I used to be able to do, again. >,>

Jack: I'm enamored with you. <3 Thanks for the new desktop background. XD Awesome stories.

Viking: Find a Wii, Mikey.

Slash: I always have so much fun when I play against you. Keep it up, you'll take me down soon enough. In the meantime, watch out for the giant ball of ****. =D Where's the montage thing that you were doing with the camera? I wanna read/watch. <3 You always write good stuff.

Will_: Thanks for the DK Matches. You and I both know that Pictochat match was mine. =\ Mega control johns. >,< Good stuffies. See ya next month. DEFINITELY FOR SWR, TOO. It's awesooooomes.

Raymond: Woot Woot I made a friend! =DD
Michael Jackson: OW!!

The rest of DML: Beastage. Lots of it. I never got to play nes n00b in Melty Blood. Phooey. Oh well, Guilty Gear was funsies with the two of you.

T1J: You barely talked to me. ;.; y u gotta h8

DanGR,Rayku,ZomB: y u gotta not show up

Moogle: Kuppopo! =D Fox matches next, imo.

Paps, Kain, Senpai, everyone else from that crew: Beastage SWR. Nice hangin' out with you guys. Paps, stop taking my friggin' hat. >O Looking forward to seeing how well you guys improve in SWR and Brawl next month. Especially SWR.

Lucario: Look me in the eyes.

@The Swr Community: Wanna make it 3 or 5 dollars next time or just keep it at 2? Wasn't playing on the 26" a treat? =3

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
But honestly? we only have phloat and paps as mk mains. Will_ , Jmoan, and Midnight use him if losing, but they don't main him, so I'd be suprised if all this affected the endbracket much.
i do main him actually, i just felt more confident with diddy in most of my matchups this time

*votes for 5 dollars* <3 remilia/reimu/alice

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
actually this is not to really keep the MK mains down. But more from keeping people from CPing MK when they get their main beat. And from seeing MK/MK vs MK/MK in doubles. that made me sick to my stomach.

With MK out and Standing Infinites out it opens up alot of things for everyone to do. (I really tried to cater to you Bill_ since i was Banning MK)

PS I will be beasting at the next SWR so Milln cant win this next time. 5 Dolla Holla Holla

I forgot this btw

Singles

1: Will_ ($224.00) (uses MK)
2: Midnight ($64.00) (uses MK)
3: Phloat ($32.00) (uses MK)
4: KOkingpin (uses Yos... wait a min....)
5: T1J
5: Ajax
7: Moogle
7: Shadw (has been seen using MK)
9: Chad
9: Nes Noob
9: Cynir
9: Milln
13: Boomcube (Has used MK before)
13: Papstr (uses MK)
13: Nboyyy (Used MK)
13: IHSB
17: Jimbo
17: Slash_Of_Power
17: Senpai
17: Sinosuke
17: Bonk
17: Jmoan (uses MK)
17: Kain
17: Viking
25: Matt
25: Binx
25: Acid
25: Joot
25: Banana
25: Mr.P
25: Noodle
25: Brandy

Doubles

1: Doin Flips and **** ($196.00)
2: The Suite Life ($56.00)
3: Johns ($28.00)
4: Red
5: Milln's Yoshi Hat
5: Team Rogue
7: Moan Power
7: Get your Pills on
9: Mushrooms
9: Team Rokit
9: Like a Boss
9: Jack in the Box
13: Falco Punch (yayuh)
13: Paps Jacket

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
are these characters right, to submit to the character rankings thread

1: Will_ ($224.00) --DK, MK
2: Midnight ($64.00) --Diddy, MK
3: Phloat ($32.00)--MK
4: KOkingpin--Yoshi, Ganondorf
5: T1J --Snake
5: Ajax --Sheik
7: Moogle --Fox
7: Shadw--Kirby

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
See what i mean!?!?! you don't even really play that char. and you beat JMOAN who probably beat you with Olimar, right? Snake can beat Olimar you just have to camp less. Cause everyone knows only Yoshi can camp olimar.
the problem is that people spend more time complaining about metaknight than learning how to fight him.

I like when my opponent play MK against me because I'm comfortable with the matchup now.

no offense to anyone, but no one should ever lose to my MK. it's garbage. well maybe olimars because MK gimps him really easy

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the main key to fighting metaknight is learning his moves and being patient.

like if I retreat fair. why would you try to punish me, i'm metaknight.
if I d-smash, you can't punish me unless you've got a really quick move. don't try to f-smash me, i can d-smash/block/spotdodge again before you get it out, i'm metaknight!
if you're on the ground, just block the tornado, geez. and don't try to punish me after i'm done. I'm metaknight!
why are you trying to edgeguard me, I"m metaknight!

for me fighting mk is just a matter of picking a character that can pressure him, usually with projectiles, and that can kill him quickly (which is almost everyone)...and just playing smart. you can't do the same followups and stuff on MK

now i might be biased because I play snake, which is one of MK's hard matchups (and because I can f-tilt a blocked d-smash from MK, which gives you about a quarter of the damage you need to kill him lol) but i dunno...obv he's the best character, but when I watch people playing the game, they're making silly mistakes than could be circumvented by just learning MK's moves.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
but i'm not really tripping about banning MK. everyone has their own ideas about the game I guess. I only play MK against olimar, and even then its still hard for me.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
lol go triple post.

Here is how i feel. I know how to fight him with Yoshi. I can occasionally beat good MKs.

But here is the thing. Eventually if you dont know how to play MK then you lose. Its turning into that. If you dont acknowledge that then something is up. he is Obviously the best character in the game, By far. He is Yalms ahead of the competitions. MK is not the only character to ever get Banned from a game. Its just the Smash community has never had to deal with Banning before. So we have been Pussifooting around it and worried about how everyone would feel. Well i care not about how everyone feels and hopefully more than just TN and FL will follow suit.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Dude it seriously isn't that easy to beat metaknight. I have high reflexes and I know all of that little b****** moves but I still will get hit by BS such as a crappy tornado that hits you from above or below that pokes through your sheild to hit you.

If a meta wanted too they could use tornado nonstop to instant punish everytime and not get punished. Don't even wanna hear it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
spamming tornado definitely doesn't work. its stuff like that confirms to me that people just don't know MK's moves very well and just assume he's unstoppable.

but i mean its cool.

just know that MK will be on in AL tournies :-D

Top Bottom