• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Milln

Smash Champion
I'd be okay with a large bracket. It's not like there won't be room for friendlies; it's not about a lack of matches being played.

It's all in the name of time. I hope this arcade has some good games.
Omg, Reflex. this arcade is BEAST. From what I remember it has:

One of the only, if not -the- only Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion cabinet (with seats!) in the US
BlazBlue cabinet
Cabinet with like 6 fighter games in one including Vampire Savior (2 I think)
Some dumb football game
Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Capcom vs. SNK (I think it's 2)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
DDR Extreme, unless they exchanged it for a Guitar Hero cabinet.

PINBALL MACHINES

Two Console machines (I think a 360 and a Wii) that are modified into cabinets. They've got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii, just ask. It's 4 bucks an hour.

Killer Instinct 2
Alien Vs. Predator
Battletoads
Street Fighter EX
Street Fighter The Movie (crappy game. >,<)
Mortal Kombat 3 (not ultimate)
Mortal Kombat 2
Other fighting games that I may have missed

TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
TMNT Arcade (the first one)
A 3 in 1 thing that has Super Mario Bros. 3 on it and that's all I care about >>
A 2 in 1 thing that have Super Mario Bros. 1 on one side and Dr. Mario on the other
A double sided shelf with games, manga, anime, and t-shirts you can purchase.

Retro games galore
Gyruss
Galaxian
Galaga
Ms. Pacman
Pacman Junior
Some multi game that uses a spinny knob as the controller to control where you shoot, it's hard for me. ;.;
Mario Bros. Arcade (the one where you're in the sewer with the pow block)
Defender
Joust
That crazy robot game thing that looks like it spawned Geometry Wars.
Samurai Shodown
RAIDEN 3
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Primal Rage
Burger Time =DD

...And that's all I can really remember. They've definitely got more than that. All in all, amazing arcade.

nintendoboyy's not coming?

top 8 is going to be all AL then :-D
Nice double post. I hear you (still) have a problem with the way I handled you six months ago at Vulcanbox. Lemme clear some things up. For one, I did it on purpose because you seemed weak to NoobStyle. 3GOD's ZSS was the only other time I camped in that tournament. Secondly, you definitely haven't been keeping up with my play (prolly out of bitterness) since you still think that's what my Lucario consists of. I'm not even going to tell you to check out my recent videos, since you seem stubborn. >,>

But yes, nintendoboyyy doesn't think he can go. He has a baseball game (or practice or something. >,>) We're all hoping it gets rained out so he has a -chance- to go. XD

3GOD

Smash Ace
You really think it would be more than 64 people in singles? If so, pools should be seriously considered...though I understand time is an issue...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
pools took five friggin hours last time, although we could probably cut that way down with intelligence.

I'll be looking for top8, be careful :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Omg, Reflex. this arcade is BEAST. From what I remember it has:

One of the only, if not -the- only Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion cabinet (with seats!) in the US
BlazBlue cabinet
Cabinet with like 6 fighter games in one including Vampire Savior (2 I think)
Some dumb football game
Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Capcom vs. SNK (I think it's 2)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
DDR Extreme, unless they exchanged it for a Guitar Hero cabinet.

PINBALL MACHINES

Two Console machines (I think a 360 and a Wii) that are modified into cabinets. They've got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii, just ask. It's 4 bucks an hour.

Killer Instinct 2
Alien Vs. Predator
Battletoads
Street Fighter EX
Street Fighter The Movie (crappy game. >,<)
Mortal Kombat 3 (not ultimate)
Mortal Kombat 2
Other fighting games that I may have missed

TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
TMNT Arcade (the first one)
A 3 in 1 thing that has Super Mario Bros. 3 on it and that's all I care about >>
A 2 in 1 thing that have Super Mario Bros. 1 on one side and Dr. Mario on the other
A double sided shelf with games, manga, anime, and t-shirts you can purchase.

Retro games galore
Gyruss
Galaxian
Galaga
Ms. Pacman
Pacman Junior
Some multi game that uses a spinny knob as the controller to control where you shoot, it's hard for me. ;.;
Mario Bros. Arcade (the one where you're in the sewer with the pow block)
Defender
Joust
That crazy robot game thing that looks like it spawned Geometry Wars.
Samurai Shodown
RAIDEN 3
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Primal Rage
Burger Time =DD

...And that's all I can really remember. They've definitely got more than that. All in all, amazing arcade.
That all sounds wonderful.

I hope there are some light gun shooters, too.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Milln, you never roll spammed against me with Lucario. D:

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, I'm starting to feel sorry for myself, too. Lol.

Anyways, just to let you guys know, I hope you all have fun.

Just think of it as if I was there:

DanGR: You and I would talk about the rapeage of Ally and whatnot, and Mico Lay would sit and wonder how we know this stuff lol.

Milln: We would lol about our past feuds and have food matches galore. :D

KO: I would say good tourney and everything would be A-ok

Phloat: I would say if you're gonna talk the talk you better walk the walk. (lol) then money match you ((lol))

Reflex: I would say "You **** too hard dude," and we would get to play each other. :( I r sad lol.

Kismet: TOO good, I've been wanting to play you the most. I REALLY REALLY wanted to play you. I am really sad now lol.

Midnight: Partner, nuff said.

All the Marth players there (Too many): I would say, "$10 money match dittos :)"

Everyone else: ggs.

But hopefully you guys won't have to imagine this and I'll be there, lol.

Milln

Smash Champion
That all sounds wonderful.

I hope there are some light gun shooters, too.
The only light gun shooter that I can recall is House of the Dead 1, and I don't think it works properly. I tried it the other day and the 1P gun wouldn't shoot. I didn't bother alerting the operators, cause i'm lazy.

maaaaaaan...

I was hoping to make a statement this time D:

but god this is gonna be sooo much fun...

2 more days hype.
Stick with Milln, you do good.

Milln, you never roll spammed against me with Lucario. D:
I'm sorry. <3 Should I have? =O

Milln: We would lol about our past feuds and have food matches galore. :D
After five matches:

"....ONE MORE BAG OF CHIPS"

What talk did I talk?

RRRAGGEEE.

Srsly >_>?
Dude, you -just- said you were shooting for top 8. >,>

3GOD

Smash Ace
I think I'll not be making it this time around (and I suppose not Winnar/Who? either). Perhaps next time if I hear good reports on this one.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
milln 1. who cares about double posting 2. i have seen your videos and you do still play like that. i mean its sort of how lucario is played. throw fireballs and roll away. dair sometimes. throw out random fsmash. but all lucarios do so whatever, its just a character that requires patience against since he can safely spam rolls and smashes and fireballs, and I didn't have patience back then

Milln

Smash Champion
milln 1. who cares about double posting 2. i have seen your videos and you do still play like that. i mean its sort of how lucario is played. throw fireballs and roll away. dair sometimes. throw out random fsmash. but all lucarios do so whatever, its just a character that requires patience against since he can safely spam rolls and smashes and fireballs, and I didn't have patience back then
Eh, that may be the basics, but that's what they are; basics. And I must tell you that you're wrong on how I play my Lucario(only, more or less, using fsmash & Aura Sphere & rolls), nor what other Lucarios that know what they're doing play theirs. D= I understand that it is a core of Lucario, all characters have core movesets, but it's not like it's all we use.

I believe I can do it.
I believe I can do it.

does this mean you'll be my doubles partner? :D
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
Iunno, I'm pretty heartbroken after Phloat turned me down when he led me on. =O I don't know if I can take another partner proposition on the rebound! T-T I think I better stick with PLAY2. >,> Besides, Toon Link doesn't particulary make a good teamate, what with all the junk flying everywhere. XD

Edit: OMG IT'S THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW GUYS. =OOOOOOOOO

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I BELIEVE I CAN DO IT TOO.

I'm coming for you Milln. I'm coming for you.

You better have those cookies you promised.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
DOUBLE POST!!! When is the smashfest today, KO? Like around what time can we come over?
4ish come whenever

edit - oh so apparently my Doubles partner forgot to request off work cause he thought the tourney would be around 4. so im out of a doubles partner. Reflex? Milln? Will_? Someone i know? Need a Yoshi/Marth/Zelda/Bowser/Ganon/Shiek/Ivysaur/Dedede/Wolf/Falco/etc...etc...???

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
edit - oh so apparently my Doubles partner forgot to request off work cause he thought the tourney would be around 4. so im out of a doubles partner. Reflex? Milln? Will_? Someone i know? Need a Yoshi/Marth/Zelda/Bowser/Ganon/Shiek/Ivysaur/Dedede/Wolf/Falco/etc...etc...???

There's always me, but yeah.... U probably need to check out my skill level first...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
4ish come whenever

You play Marth and you went yoshi against me?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Apparently 0_o.

Anyways, my GaW is leagues better now guys. Probably not quite up to par with the likes of Kismet and Reflex, so I really hope I can improve through this tournament.

Reflex/Kismet, are you guys doing doubles?

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Sigh...

I feel so disappointed right now. It feels like I just wasted an entire day because I didn't win anything and it doesn't feel like I've gotten any better.

The only good part was talking to the cool people there.

But I think I know what I did wrong. I came in with the attitude that all I wanted to do was win. Even though the point of the game is to have fun and get better. If I'm not having fun, I'm not getting better. I need to get this competitive edge off a little and just have some fun. That's the only way I will get better.

Shoutouts-

kismet - It's awesome that I finally got to meet you, bro. You are a great brawler, and an even cooler guy. We had lots of things to talk about, and you helped me alot with trying to help me get better. Probably the coolest guy I've met at a tourney so far, and hopefully we can meet up again someday. Maybe next time we can team together.

Midnight - We had it rough in doubles AND singles, but next time, we will get it, bro. Let's have a little more fun next time and not be so serious, and I think we will do alot better.

Will_ - It was cool seeing you again, man. Can't wait to see how you ended up placing.

DanGR - If was awesome talking to you about Smash again. Too bad Mico wasn't there to question us. Lol. Hope to see you again, man.

Milln - We didn't get to play, but we saw each other play just as much. Congrats on your win vs. Will_.

KO - Beast tourney once again. Keep it up and we will get even more great Brawlers there next time.

Reflex - We didn't really get to talk, but you are a straight beast at the game. But I'm sure you already know that. Great games man.

Lance & Ethan - Cool guys to meet. Keep at it.

Slash - You are too quiet in person, lol. Take out the earphones and talk every now and then. :p Good games we had.

That DK player - Thx for eliminating me. :( Lol, but ggs.

Phloat - lol.

Everyone else - ggs.

I hope I will still want to play this game. I am pretty discouraged after my performance. Hopefully I will learn to have fun and not be nervous, as it is what killed me in the end. Great games and great tourney, you guys.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Sigh...

I feel so disappointed right now. It feels like I just wasted an entire day because I didn't win anything and it doesn't feel like I've gotten any better.

The only good part was talking to the cool people there.

Shoutouts later.
THIS....

except I was relieved when I had friendlies immeadiately afterwards.

oh, and Alabama's cool.

Thread conforming my point of view to be made and posted. later.

Milln

Smash Champion
Apparently 0_o.

Anyways, my GaW is leagues better now guys. Probably not quite up to par with the likes of Kismet and Reflex, so I really hope I can improve through this tournament.

Reflex/Kismet, are you guys doing doubles?
Can't get better at G&W if you don't PLAY G&W. I told you when you tried to pick Meta on me that you can't learn a Lucario matchup if you don't play against a good Lucario WITH Game and Watch. I was seriously disappointed when I had to play a Meta you pulled out of nowhere.

^^^

I was known for MK + RC?

By whom?
For gettin' beaten by Milln's Lucario when you counterpick Cruise on him. =\ Play Game and Watch.

@Slash: Awesome post, man. I emjoy reading your synopses. X3 It's fun playing you.. =3 Also I think you'd do better if you took your headphones out and listened to the game. Characters have sound cues when they attack and stuff, which lets you react much much quicker.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Thinking of dropping GaW actually.

Don't tell me who to play, lol. I hate GaW because I am constantly afraid someone who has heard of me is gonna go Snake.

I didn't "Pull my MK from nowhere." I was actually doing quite well with him, I beat T1J's snake with it...

Top Bottom