• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Milln

Smash Champion

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
if we can get enough hacked wii's im gonna switch over to Brawl+ for the main tourney cause it is a much better game
No no no no 5 miliion NO's.

That is a terrible idea, Brawl is it's own game, and while worse than Melee, it's its own game. Various tests have proven that Brawl is not right for hitstun, as every character has a 0 death that's unavoidable due to the slowness of gameplay. If you want a game with hitstun, use Melee as a side tourney.

I guarentee you that if you do this, many people won't come to this, including me. If you guys want hitstun, wavedashing, and l-canceling so bad, just play Melee. The easier and more efficient solution.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I don't think he was serious, getting enough wiis would be a pain and the tournament took long enough last time.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could see Brawl+ being a side tourney- like stamina mode. That was really fun.

Milln

Smash Champion
"Batgug" X3!! I enjoy the acronym.

Also, no, he's serious. He's upset at Brawl for the past few days. >,>...

Hey, how about Tin Pin Slammer for a side tourney? Eh? Eh? *nudgenudge* Man, I can't wait to see if Tatsunoko gets more popular. I'd be willing to play the heck out of it, even with all the unhappy infinites and 100%'s.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Brawl is a pretty bad game imo. I wanna play brawl+ much more. Ive played it a few times but Im not gonna make Brawl+ the main thing until i think it needs to be that way and it isnt going to be for a while. Brawl will have to do for now...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Brawl matches take 8 minutes at most.

And look how it turned out last time.

I could imagine KO calling for someone in brackets, and they are like "IM IN A CHESS MATCH, HOLD ON FOR A FEW."

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Brawl matches take 8 minutes at most.

And look how it turned out last time.

I could imagine KO calling for someone in brackets, and they are like "IM IN A CHESS MATCH, HOLD ON FOR A FEW."
maybe one match. Brawl sets take about 16-24 mins. thats pretty dang long. Chess only takes long when you are trying to stall someone out.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
I actually have a good solution, KO.

Melee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brawl>>>Brawl+

Therefore, if you are pissed at Brawl, play Melee. Personally, I think it's a good idea for you. Melee will make you happy, just like it does me, and Brawl+ is a joke because it is broken like MK. Lol.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I actually have a good solution, KO.

Melee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brawl>>>Brawl+

Therefore, if you are pissed at Brawl, play Melee. Personally, I think it's a good idea for you. Melee will make you happy, just like it does me, and Brawl+ is a joke because it is broken like MK. Lol.
no one plays melee with me but JMOAN everyone else is pretty bad at the game.

Oh and Brawl+ is more Like 64 and 64>Brawl.
Everyone plays brawl so therefore i play brawl with them.

Its really Melee>>>>>>>>>>64>Brawl+>>>>>>>>>Brawl

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Melee IS the greatest... If u need a petition to do a Melee tourney, I'll be one of the first to sign up!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
and honestly about people not coming because brawl+ is the main attraction. I could care less because it is a MUCH more fun game. Just watching it is fun.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone needs to bring Brawl+ on the 28th. I need to try it out for the first time.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I have never actually played it.. I would assume GaW gets a nice boost, although being combo'd at his light weight would be dumb.

Olimar probably gets the best and worst of the deal. He can grab combo easily and more effectivly, and his range makes this possible like all game...

However, getting combo'd (actual combo'd!) off the edge 3 times is.. 64 Esque, to say the least.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yah, I could see Olimar getting worse, but if I can do 40%+ true combos in regular brawl with Olimar, I wonder what I could do in Brawl+? :D

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Correct, so imagine how pissed off people will be when facing MK's unavoidable 0 -deaths?

Lol. See what I mean now?
if you have seen brawl+ you would know Metaknight doesnt get much of a boost. Since his Aerials are nearly lagless and the all have decent knock back in the first place. the only one i see being a problem is U-Air and that is laughably avoidable. dont take it the wrong way MK is still the best in brawl+ (from what ive heard and seen) but the playing field is leveled more so. There are no True 0-deaths with any char cause you need skill + intelligence + Mindgames to get the to go where you want them to and do what you want them to do. And Punishing is possible. A fighting game without punishment for failing to do the right things is a failure in and of its self.

Yeah its pretty much like melee but Its new. I dont wanna play melee cause its Old. But I dont wanna play brawl cause its Bad. Brawl+ is where its at if you ask me.

Btw Olimar gets gimped by a good mk anyway (no offense to Olimar players) so 0-death vs him isnt really an issue.

I have never actually played it.. I would assume GaW gets a nice boost, although being combo'd at his light weight would be dumb.

Olimar probably gets the best and worst of the deal. He can grab combo easily and more effectivly, and his range makes this possible like all game...

However, getting combo'd (actual combo'd!) off the edge 3 times is.. 64 Esque, to say the least.
Every character gets a boost from brawl+. Jiggly can actually use rest in something other than doubles. CF can beast with combos and knees. Zelda gets pretty darn ridiculous. although i will say chars that depends on tether come backs are hella easy to gimp with some hitstun. But the combos are no where near like 64. In 64 its usually One hit = a stock cause geting back on the stage was near impossible due to no air dodge and bad come back moves. just watch the video "Don't get hit".

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
im rather against that idea as well =S

EDIT: after watching a view brawl+ matches, im more neutral towards the idea =o

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
I'd rather not have Brawl+ be the main event XD

a side tourney of Brawl+ would be cool beans. It could easily be held inbetween the break of Doubles and Singles. I think.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
like i said if I could (Highly doubtful) get about 6 setups id do Brawl+.

If you havent played it you should try it. It really really fun and on a much more competitive level than regular brawl. Im going to have my wii running brawl+ soon hopefully. If anyone would like to try it out at the next smashfest I host you are more than welcome to come.

Brawl+ is no where near as broken as some people are saying. Yeah there are some good combos with just about every character but they have to be mindgame'd into. Honestly with Brawl+ on the rise I dont see the regular game going much farther. Eventually everyone will adapt to it unless they are hardheaded/ Close minded

also. With lack of space and time having any kind of side tourney is not possible. brawl takes up way too much time.

Top Bottom