• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I know what tournaments are about. The last gaming galaxy was the first time I made it out of pools! INNsomnia was a melee event, I was a little young and inexperienced... and ECRC3 Was a long *** drive to lose a few times and be done with tournament. I just like that there is a little tournament around here with about-my-level-if-not-a-little-better players. I can see my progress in wins.

Say I get to Milln/DanGR in the finals. I feel like each and every move is important. I read them, it pays off. I learn every step of the way.

Now, compare that to my match a while ago against ChuDat. I learned some, sure. But most of the stuff going on was out of my grasp. I wish I was better, so I could get more exited about the greats like LeeMartin, but I really like the fact that I have a genuine shot at placing in the money, unlike anything else I have experienced in the smash brothers scene.

No offence to lee or anyone else. =]

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Winning's a bonus :D

besides, you might do better than you think. I didn't expect to even make it past first round in losers bracket last time.

Milln

Smash Champion
Winning's a bonus :D

besides, you might do better than you think. I didn't expect to even make it past first round in losers bracket last time.
Definitely. I have a bad habit of underestimating people that I haven't heard of before. You definitely could've had me, Slash, you've got the skills. Won't make the mistake again! >O *Roars*

Both you and Phloat did really well. Heck, if Slash had beaten me in that match, you two would've fought each other for (I forget who was next on our side. I think it was DanGR or Zach or somebody else) the right to move up. Awesoooooomes.

So yeah. Fewd Match. Lez go.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I hope I get to play Slash. I got some good TL experience against Lobos at ECRC3, wanna see the differences in playstyle, you TL's are rare.

Also, Slash =\= Razer, Cutter, Chopper.. or something. There was a falco with a name along the lines of those, but I don't think it was Slash.. Idk. Long hair. My Pools. Fellow Tool fan. Anyone?

IDK, was a great falco. He really, really screwed up the first match and got threestocked. The second one I lost fairly handily. The third I predicted a roll and won because Green Greens is dumb as all hell and he died at like 15...

Anyone know who that was?

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
No clue who you're talking about Phloat, only Falco I saw there was that guy named Flow. I've never watched a Lobos set, so you'll have to be the judge there as well.

Small note, I do hope my name doesn't go in reverse this time XD, I was looking around in my mind thinking wtf there's a SoP?!, but it all came in eventually.

TL only got better Milln, keep that victory burrito handy =o. If only I could find a solid backup in time.

Milln

Smash Champion
I hope I get to play Slash. I got some good TL experience against Lobos at ECRC3, wanna see the differences in playstyle, you TL's are rare.

Also, Slash =\= Razer, Cutter, Chopper.. or something. There was a falco with a name along the lines of those, but I don't think it was Slash.. Idk. Long hair. My Pools. Fellow Tool fan. Anyone?

IDK, was a great falco. He really, really screwed up the first match and got threestocked. The second one I lost fairly handily. The third I predicted a roll and won because Green Greens is dumb as all hell and he died at like 15...

Anyone know who that was?
I don't remember any Falcos, but I remember a dude with long hair and his name was Spade.

It makes me sad that nobody wants to play me or Zach in the next tourney, regardless of whether we are going or not. :(
And nintendoboyyy pops in with the emokid. <3 Maybe you should use Black Marth instead of your normal color and make comments about "I'm gonna go tipper my wrists" when you get KO'd or SD. XD Haha. Seriously, man, You're acting like everyone hates you when we clearly don't. No one's talking about playing you because you're all "Why doesn't anyone want to play me? How come no one cheered for me?" It's like calling yourself cool. You just can't do it. Someone else has to.

@Slash: Moar like... keep that subway sandwhich handy. Now that I think of it, my sandwhich is like a dollar more expensive. I'll buy you two, or a drink, too, if you win. Also, would you rather being called Slash or Power? o,o

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm so cool. People mention my name and want to fight me. :p lololol

I want to fight good players. In fact, I'd like to get three stocked every match I play. It'd make me much better in the long run imo.

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm so cool. People mention my name and want to fight me. :p lololol

I want to fight good players. In fact, I'd like to get three stocked every match I play. It'd make me much better in the long run imo.
C'mere, DanGR. Get auraped.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I go for the one-stock-down-the-whole-match loosing style. I find that I can see my learnings and mistakes better that way.

3 stocked is better than 3stocking, as far as learning goes

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
And nintendoboyyy pops in with the emokid. <3 Maybe you should use Black Marth instead of your normal color and make comments about "I'm gonna go tipper my wrists" when you get KO'd or SD. XD Haha. Seriously, man, You're acting like everyone hates you when we clearly don't. No one's talking about playing you because you're all "Why doesn't anyone want to play me? How come no one cheered for me?" It's like calling yourself cool. You just can't do it. Someone else has to.
Alright so this is getting a little out of hand.

So let me tell you a little about myself. I am sarcastic alot, and I am especially sarcastic on the internet, where many things can be perceived differently, and hopefully, it irritates the person / people I am talking to.

I was just joking around, dude. I do this all the time on the internet. I really don't care if people dont mention me, because I know they do want to play me irl. We've had feud's in the past, and it is really fun to get on your irritated side. lol, yeah.

I am not emo, and anyone who met me there knows I am definitely not emo. I am athletic (but not a jock), friendly, and humble IRL, just ask DanGR, we had a nice lil' convo going at one point.

But annoying people, especially Milln, on teh internets, is good stuff to me. Don't take my dry sarcasm so srsly man. I just do it to see the reaction of innocent message board go'ers. :D

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Just poking at the fact you "know" people actually want to play you, even if they really say they don't.

And I don't, because anything that can punish the turtle OOS is DUMB. DUUUMB

Milln

Smash Champion
I was saying stuff but I was really kidding, jokesjokeslawls, but mostly tl;dr
Lawl at you. y so srs and explaining yourself fully if this is the internet that you have fun with? Dork.

For the record, you haven't been sarcastic at all. You got upset when KO and others were saying that i'd wreck you in Brawl and got on -my- case when I was talking about Tin Pin Slammer. You even quoted my snippet about TPS and started talking about Brawl.

You got upset when no one cheered for you because everyone knew DanGR/Will_ and you didn't understand.

You got upset for me supposedly not uploading all of our matches and sending me like a three paragraph letter over youtube and then, after realizing that all the matches were, indeed, uploaded and even sequential, you played it off as if someone hacked your youtube account just to send me a nasty letter. If anything, you have some irrational and arbitrary problem with me and it's hilarious because it's completely unfounded.

Phloat. I'mma pick Meta and Shuttle Loop through your turtle., =D

K 2

Smash Lord
Lawl at you. y so srs and explaining yourself fully if this is the internet that you have fun with? Dork.

For the record, you haven't been sarcastic at all. You got upset when KO and others were saying that i'd wreck you in Brawl and got on -my- case when I was talking about Tin Pin Slammer. You even quoted my snippet about TPS and started talking about Brawl.

You got upset when no one cheered for you because everyone knew DanGR/Will_ and you didn't understand.

You got upset for me supposedly not uploading all of our matches and sending me like a three paragraph letter over youtube and then, after realizing that all the matches were, indeed, uploaded and even sequential, you played it off as if someone hacked your youtube account just to send me a nasty letter. If anything, you have some irrational and arbitrary problem with me and it's hilarious because it's completely unfounded.
Dang, what happened here? Did I miss something?

I wish more people would bring recording devices. I really wanted to get my matches recorded and uploaded, but I never got to play on the big TV in singles.

Milln

Smash Champion
I wish more people would bring recording devices. I really wanted to get my matches recorded and uploaded, but I never got to play on the big TV in singles.
XD Slash said he had a recording device!

Also, if you don't mind giving up a VHS tape, you can bring a VCR and a blank VHS tape and record some stuff. Give it to me or KO after the tourney and i'll capture it off there no problem.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman

Phloat. I'mma pick Meta and Shuttle Loop through your turtle., =D
Lol, someone did hack my account. I found out it was my friend Dylan. The wrecking me in Brawl thing was all smack talk and lolzy comments, nothing more. I apologized to KO about the situation at the tournament so you wouldn't be mad at me, but once again, you don't take that into account, just keep saying I was pissed at you. I'm always the bad guy./ sarcasm if you didn't catch that. And for the record, I won. / smacktalk ;D

The DanGR / Will thing is true, and I shouldn't have gotten mad when I didn't have all the information.

Lastly, if you think that was tl;dr, it took like 45 seconds to type. That's not that long lol.

EDIT: Also, I told you guys I could bring a high quality recording device, but yall told me to screw off with it. /SARCASM, don't bust a nut, Milln. xD

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Dang, what happened here? Did I miss something?

osht I remember you.

If I do find my Dazzle anytime soon, me and you could play some more friendlies instead of having to worry about the bracket, and get it recorded. You can use GaW this time :p

Milln

Smash Champion
EDIT: Also, I told you guys I could bring a high quality recording device, but yall told me to screw off with it.
I don't remember us saying that. D= *blames KO* What is it, a Dazzle or something else?

/SARCASM, don't bust a nut, Milln. xD
I was never going to. You always think I'm way more uptight/annoyed/irritated/serious than I ever am. All I ever wanted was to take your (and everyone else's) money in Tin Pin Slammer. T-T But no one brought their DS cause they feared the Milln's Slammurai skills! >,>!

If I do find my Dazzle anytime soon, me and you could play some more friendlies instead of having to worry about the bracket, and get it recorded. You can use GaW this time :p
You'll need to bring your lappy, too, don't forget. X3 I'll run it (and everyone else's recording equipment) if you'd like to make it easy on all parties involved, i.e. checking to see if everything's on individually << One person monitoring station equipment.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
I'll have one of mah homies manage it

I'll also see if I can get my dad's macbook or something since my other laptop randomly decides to shut itself off.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I was in the top 3 (... as well as like 7 others. stupid mallcops) so I will get decent seeding.

LeeMartin didn't come, so his seeding will be bad. There is a high chance I will get him before even quarter finals.

Hopefully if he does come KOKP will have some sense and just pretend he won last tournament =P.

Also, I know "high chance" may not be right, but if you understood my luck...
No one gets special treatment. Not even M2K.

XD Slash said he had a recording device!

Also, if you don't mind giving up a VHS tape, you can bring a VCR and a blank VHS tape and record some stuff. Give it to me or KO after the tourney and i'll capture it off there no problem.
Bring it Slash. anything is helpful.

EDIT: Also, I told you guys I could bring a high quality recording device, but yall told me to screw off with it. /SARCASM, don't bust a nut, Milln. xD
pretty sure no one said that they didnt want you to bring a recording device. cause just one device is lame. please bring it next time you come.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I heard that Lee wasn't going.

Anyways, Nintendoboy, Milln is chill. And Milln, Nintendoboy is chill as well. XP

I'll want some more matches recorded this time around if that's alright. Hopefully I get more friendlies.
ALSO! I'll random MM anyone.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember us saying that. D= *blames KO* What is it, a Dazzle or something else?
Well, awhile back before the tourney started, I ask KO if I should bring it, and he said not to since Milln would be recording. So I didn't bring it obv.

Also, it probably won't work on most TV's. I think it probably will on the that black flat screen that was there, assuming it has input and output signals. But no guarentees guys. The next time I come I'll bring it though, so I can see if it will work with any of them.

If you want to see it's quality, just go to my Youtube channel.

Milln

Smash Champion
I heard that Lee wasn't going.

Anyways, Nintendoboy, Milln is chill. And Milln, Nintendoboy is chill as well. XP

I'll want some more matches recorded this time around if that's alright. Hopefully I get more friendlies.
ALSO! I'll random MM anyone.
Ha. CLearly, he saw me and was like "Ew, Lucario dittos." since it's such a gross ditto. XD

Ah, Chill. Now that's a Lucario word. =D I never said he wasn't! XD

FRIENDLIES FOR EVERYONE! *throws wii consoles around like confetti*

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TlN PIN SLAMMER IS!

YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!
SLash knows what's up.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm on that. Record this shiz.
I heard I'm pretty scary when you don't know what character I'm using. :p In other words, BRING IT.

Ah, Chill. Now that's a Lucario word. =D I never said he wasn't! XD
Maybe that's where I got the word from; I used lucario some yesterday. O_o His combos are simply amazing.

Milln

Smash Champion
Maybe that's where I got the word from; I used lucario some yesterday. O_o His combos are simply amazing.
Hahhahaa. DanGR has Chilled the :lucario: out. Congrats and welcome aboard. XDD

I just realized this tournament's acronym is GG. Interesting.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Chill...

What is a good word for the MK I just picked up.

I am not sure whether I am better at MK vs MK or Snake VS MK, but I am picking one up soon so I need some words... and advice from anyone who might have played my snake.. Like two people =\

Milln

Smash Champion
Chill...

What is a good word for the MK I just picked up.

I am not sure whether I am better at MK vs MK or Snake VS MK, but I am picking one up soon so I need some words... and advice from anyone who might have played my snake.. Like two people =\
"Ew" is a good word.

Top Bottom