• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Munkey was here

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Nah, you don't suck, and there's nothing special about MK—he manages to bring out the worst in everyone—especially against Marth, that match-up is ridiculous.

ptown

Smash Ace
drpp, it's hard to play melee AND brawl. you need to flip switches in your brain, mang.

sushi is real good at mk. and besides that, he's got them smarts. it was day 1 since i met him playing smart.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I just play predictably because I realize Marth's serious limitations in the matchup instead of doing weird S that will actually confuse MK and allow me to get inside.

Frame traps make my life so easy......

stingers

Smash Obsessed
snake has the advantage in that matchup if you play it right...imo. but i'm not too good with ddd yet :x

ptown

Smash Ace
Frame traps make my life so easy......
whoa whoa whoa slow down... i don't know what that is.

if it's something brawl, you don't have to tell me - keep that info to yourself, mang.

it's over, man. you tried and the stars were not aligned at that moment. or maybe hot, smelly people got to you, mang.

ptown

Smash Ace
okay, pp. whatever you say, man.

i don't know that girl or why she smiles through thick and thin.

if it has something to do with brawl - keep it to yourself, bromang.

i'm glad i left immediately after the melee tournament. if it got dark and i found myself in 24th circle avenue drive circle circle circle circle circle square circle, i might not have been able to make it back safely home.

ptown

Smash Ace
it sounds funny, but it could have happened.

i heard someone mention finding the legendary "nth circle" of hickory. i'm glad he made it the tourney safely to tell us about it.

i bet if you find yourself in the nth circle, your cell phone and GPS will stop working. that's how it starts in most scary movies.

anyways, about this tournament thing. my hands were slow. and my eyes were pretty slow. right now, my eyes are pretty tired. i placed appropriately. though at times, i feel like something isn't right in air. and it wasn't smelly people.

munkey and $store did exceptionally well.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Looool I feel bad that I didn't get your calls to help you out bro.

Do you think Richard and Travis will practice with you more to help you speed up?

ptown

Smash Ace
they would probably play.

even though you use the A button to hit, melee control is demanding.

null55

Smash Master
PP, words cannot describe the hidden affection I have for you.

ptown

Smash Ace
nah, dude i don't know why.

the game controls and the best controller for it is wacky. sensitive L/R triggers. sensitive analog stick control. c-stick. weirdly shaped, placed, and different feeling stubborn Z button. a lot of moves have overlapping controls. all the tilts and smashes are competing with each other. all commands involving up are competing with jump. and the most basic stuff that you will do many many times requires sometimes nasty timing and more than enough button inputs.

the nasty precise timing thing is especially off-putting and is present in some other fighting games that i don't like much.

Thims

Smash Rookie
Genesis Brawl.

1. Not determined as of posting (M2K or Ally) - $2,336
2. Not determined as of posting (M2K or Ally)- $1,460
3. Tyrant - Meta Knight - $876
4. Dojo - Meta Knight - $584
5. ADHD - Diddy Kong - $233
6. DEHF - Falco - $175
7. Fiction - Wario - $118
8. SK92 - Falco - $59
9. Judge - Meta Knight
9. Lain - Ice Climbers/King Dedede
9. Ultimate Razer - Snake
9. UTD Zach - Game & Watch
13. Bardull - Marth
13. Havok - Meta Knight/Marth
13. Zex - Marth/Meta Knight
13. Chip - Toon Link

Dat ***

Thims

Smash Rookie
I'd shoutout, but I don't remember anything worth remembering at the tourney.

$sD

Smash Ace
dollar shouts

please god i'm dollar
dont use that full name
im not angry i just dont like the full thing

anyway

Dull Razor - good seeing you again man, you shoulda played melee and you shoulda stayed the night before, me and josh wouldn't had been nearly as bored if you were there and we def. woulda played somoe beer pong at 5 in the morning.

the kids - wow, last time i saw you two, you were about to my chest, just getting into the game. now your my height and beating me lol. good set stingers btw it literally came down to who got hit on my counter pick stage nonetheless. I didnt play jim much outside of teams though, but i saw you beat munkey and thats good enough to see you've gotten alot better. and sorry about waking you up at 8 in the morning.

dr peepee - good seeing you again, your still too good i dont think i would had done much better even if i was at 100% when we played. i gotta ditch all the random charecters and start taking my samus alot more seriously if i wanna run with you.

Karn - no kidding man i didn't even recognize you until munkey told me we played you in teams. i still kinda feel bad cuz i think i kinda ignored you when you were talking to me im not very sociable around people i dont recognize not to mention i didnt sleep any.

Peter - good seeing you again, its been awhile lol. still wished ali woulda came with you you two are like one of my favorite pairs i've meet playing this game. I dont even know who you main now? Marth? anyway good stuff, i was hoping for some samus dittos but it didnt really look like you played her much anymore cept for those team matches. its good though, we'll prob see you next time we randomly decide to visit ali. btw you need to die in teams.

Corey - i dont even remember the last time i saw you. I think it was that time we all stayed up all night at twigs watching the joys of painting with Bob Ross then went to munkaid. and that was like 3 years ago. yet you still look the exact same. I want your secrets. good stuff you knocked me and munkey out of teams when we finally started to mesh well together, and lost our shoot at some money = (

that yoshi team (team awesome i think?) - lol double yoshi and teams. You guys were fun to play, you even threw off our teamwork. i dont remember your names but you seemed like great people. I wish i could enjoy the game like that again.

PoPo - you do look like walshi
and zero kidna looks like our friend and sounds alot like him too.

that black guy who asked me about some place in charlotte - lol i couldnt really make out exactly what you were asking me but i think you asked me if i been to a music club in charlotte, i've been to tremont a good many times maybe you saw me there? and play melee i think josh told me this but once you learn how to wave dash around it feels like your on amazing drugs.

uhh there were a few other people i wanted to shout out to but i dont remember your names and i dont wanna call you out on something that would sound like i was berating you.

anyway next time ill try to sleep before hand and well "TRY!" to let people know where coming in advance, still woulda thought that someone woulda been up doing osmething atleast.

lord karn

Smash Master
@Dollar: No problem, I didn't recognize you guys for a while either. @_@ We should play/chill more at Munkaid whenever it happens.

ptown

Smash Ace
definitely, corey. you played very well. well done.

i slipped up a few times on my own and that is my biggest disappointment. overall though, we did some seriously badazz stuff. my marth was much better than my falcon that day. but blood hawk is too cool so i'm never giving up.

we should play some more melee team games here in the QC. it's "too good".

Top Bottom