• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Shinobi (MPS) Racine, WI 9/12/09

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
let me list a couple notes:

- Syxx is an idiot. a coward. and a complete douche. and apparently he talks mad crap about me when I'm not around off/on-line. can't wait to hear what he'll have to say (nothing. cuz he'll never say anything to my face) when i show up to his tournament next weekend (on the 19th).

- this weekend is gonna be hella awesome. but someone needs to bring a laptop with Tio or i'ma have to run the tournaments by hand.

- there is NO LOCKIN after the tournament this weekend. so we must try to get everything done on time.

- the only side tournament we are running is SC4 on 360. typical rules. $5 entry. algol is allowed (everyone is).

- melee and brawl tournaments HAVE TO RUN AT THE SAME TIME. again i stress that we MUST FINISH ON TIME!!!

okay hopefully i didn't forget anything. see u guys this weekend.

p.s 18spikes: was there any follow up from the guys at best buy? i remembered u asked for my laptop specifics.

MAJOR EDIT: I'll pwn u all in MKW!!!

I HATE DAISY!!!

- anyone who picks her in any form in any game, will be thrown out of the arcade by their ballz. and if u are a female...you'll be thrown out by your hair. :mad:
in case people missed the posts from earlier...

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
depends on school. but, im glad theres no lockin cuz id ont want to stay up so late..

webster thanks for the reminder ill have them check tonight

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
alright cool. thanks a ton Spikes.

k guys lemme explain how the venue fee iz gonna work:

k as everyone knows it's $7 this month to help pay for the power supply charger that waz stolen from me at the tournament last month.

but regardless if it waz stolen or not...the venue fee waz risen to $4:

because,

a - it motivate people to bring in set ups (and hopefully chairs) to get their venue fee reduced
b- it's a combination of venue fee and spectator's fee (if u are just there to watch and/or play casuals...if there iz space for casuals)
c- if the tournament goes past 8pm, the arcade manager/owner will allow us to stay til it's finished, remember arcade closes on saturday at 8pm.

so hopefully this clears that up a lil

how iz the money divided:

$3 of everyone's venue fee goes directly to me, this helps pay for a new charger, that hopefully i can get during the tournament.

the remaining $4 goes to the arcade.

if u bring a full set up, THAT WE USE FOR THE TOURNAMENTS, you only have to pay $4 of venue (which will be divided $2 to me, $2 to the arcade).

if u bring in folding chairs (two minimum) to donate to the arcade and a full set up you pay absolutely NOTHING!!!

I need to raise $70 to buy a new power supply charger. if people demand that i get a receipt that fine. but money that's left over will go to me buying lunch (for the stress and annoyance of having my charger stolen and running awesome tournaments :p), and then to the tournament winners (which i will divide equally).

k that's all the info. i think this iz all very fair. but if people have any questions and concerns better post them now please.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
SimaMatt: I'll MM u for $5 FT5

Don't get shot...:chuckle:

Oh and there's a "REAL" MBAA tournament next weekend 9/19/09 back at Paul's Video Arcade. Thread located here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=206212
Awesome, I accept!
Time to cram Wlen **** before then ><

Oh hey that tourney looks kinda neat, except sf4 and bb are on the 360...is it possible to use ps3 controllers with the 360? cuz if it ain't then I'll probably not go haha.

And it sucks Sago isn't coming...Was looking forward to playing him in casuals/tourney. Maybe next time!

Also does mps2 have the same schedule as mps1?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
simamatt: i heard they should have ps2 -> 360 converters at that tournament next weekend. but i'm mainly going there to play mbaa. i really do hope to see yha there.

i'll post the time schedule below.

DJM: haha in quarters again??? haha silly silly man...too good!! :bee:

Arty: if u bring chairs to donate we'll figure out something. ;)

Tournament time schedule:

10 am - 11:30am: registration/casuals/venue fee collected (must be here at that time to play in ANY smash tournament) if u are going to be late call someone and ask if they can get u on the registration list.

11: 45am - 12:20pm: tournament fee collected brackets are made. hopefully during this time i can run and get that power charger for my laptop.

12:30pm: ssbb doubles start/ ssbm singles start (ssbb doubles will be played on outer benches, ssbm singles will be played inward benches)

after ssbb doubles are over we'll start ssbb singles.

after ssbm singles are over we'll start sc4 (guesstimated time is 4pm for that)

when all tournaments are done (in their respected games), money matches and crew battles can be had.

i'm going to be really strict on stations. if i assign u to play on a t.v u better play on it. if i have to ask u MORE THAN 3 times to play at a station i'll dq u from the tournament. the MvC2 t.v will not be used for this tournament.

if the t.v brought lags, it will be removed from the tournament grounds and u will have to pay the venue fee. so please guys make sure the t.vs are good.

post questions and concerns if any...

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Hey guise you should let me do crews this time :D

And I still need a doubles partner because it's looking like I have enough money for it :0

Quaz

Smash Master
I've ragequit like ten thousand times on melee

your friend won't quit. He'll get over his silly loss in like a few days lol.

although it is brawl... it sure is easy to get frustrated at that game =|

Top Bottom