• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Nerfed & Most Buffed

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
You missed some pretty serious Link nerfs that outright ruin his buffs. His forearm shield is less effective than it was, his arrows actually do LESS damage (14 max as opposed to about twenty), his boomerang is less useful for attack interruption, his dtilt spike is harder to connect successfully, his dair lost a lot of power, is harder to pogo with, and cannot be L-canceled, his forward smash has less range, his grounded spin attack lost a lot of power and can no longer semi-spike (one of his best moves in Melee), his dthrow can't combo into the spin attack anymore, his zair is so short it's useless for recovery, the loss of wall-grabbing with the zair makes his recovery one of the game's worst, his standard combo can no longer infinity stab, and his uptilt is too slow to use more than once.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Peach's double jump got omega nerfed :(

But CF got like everything about him nerfed LOL

GaW 's b-air is ridiculously powerful now and his U-air isn't nearly as bad as it was in melee because you can't cancel anything in brawl (minus like auto-cancelable aerials). And the added property of the u-air throws people off a lot.

Sheik got a lot worse too :( that hurt me personally :(

Nestec

Smash Ace
I seriously wanna know what the character developers or whatever were thinking when they made this CF.

>__<
Did they think they were toning him down to everyone else's level??

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
Nerfed:
-Obviously C. Falcon and Gannon
-Shiek
-Jiggs

Buffed:
-G&W
-Zelda
-Kirby
-Pikachu

And as a Peach main since Melee I don't think she was nerfed, her 2nd jump was destroyed yes but her UpB is better now. Obviously her Dsmash was majorly nerfed but that was nessicary.

Her speed and priority were increased along with all her specials especially Toad and Peach bomber.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Hmm, I too don't really think Peach was badly nerfed. I think she's definitely much different from her Melee form though. She doesn't seem so powerful to me anymore.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The only characters who I think were nerfed are Samus and Ness. I can't believe they could make ness suck any more than he already did.

The buffed are Game+Watch, Ganondorf, Falco, Lucas (OBVIOUSLY), Zelda, and R.O.B. I don't complain about R.O.B. that much though, he earned it.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
But even that's not much of a nerf...

It still KOs early enough, and her killing potential isn't exactly affected. She can still kill with edgeguarding, and even rollout is somewhat more effective (although it too was weakened).
Ive been hit by a fresh rest at 90% as Wolf at FD and managed to survive. Rest is horrible now.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I cant believe people actually think Ness was nerfed. Honestly? Wow.

G&W is a given. DK is also up there.
I also feel that Yoshi was buffed, though his tier placement at this time might not reflect this.

Neb

Smash Lord
Not as a whole, just PK Flash, its hit-box was miniaturized to the point its almost impossible to land on a talented player, though its power is still there.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
And as a Peach main since Melee I don't think she was nerfed, her 2nd jump was destroyed yes but her UpB is better now. Obviously her Dsmash was majorly nerfed but that was nessicary.

Her speed and priority were increased along with all her specials especially Toad and Peach bomber.
her new ^B just evens out her recovery beacuse of her horrible 2nd jump lol. peach bomber is nicer to KO with and its safer to use cause it goes further but you can't do it off of walls anymore, and while thats not so bad i do miss that feature of peach bomber. the veggies seem a little nerfed to me, they don't seem to fly as far as they used to and most seem to do the same amount of damage and have similar knockback except the stitch lips one lol. also peach lost alot of power. her throws can't KO unless your near to offscreen zone and even then they have to have some damage to fly off. her ^smash is better but her other smashes seem way weaker to me, the frying pan used to be deadly and now i never want it cause it has like no reach and doesn't have a ton of power. i think her speed and priority are pretty much the same just more on some attacks than others.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Shiek and C. Falcon got nerfed to the point where they're barely playable anymore. They ruled in Melee. Shiek was just a severe pain in the rear, and Falcon was the best combo character in the game. Now they're left as tier fodder....

Zelda got the most buffed. She's much easier to use than she was in Melee, and is much more powerful. Looks like in her transfer to Brawl, she sucked up all Shiek's speed and the power of her Hand of Fate...and became....good..

Mario got nerfed IMO too. FLUDD fails...and the mario Tornado as a Dair sucks more than Kirby and Dedede in a swallowing contest. (I'm an EX-Mario player....switched to DK and Pit for Brawl)

Everyone else seems pretty okay to me...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario got nerfed IMO too. FLUDD fails...and the mario Tornado as a Dair sucks more than Kirby and Dedede in a swallowing contest. (I'm an EX-Mario player....switched to DK and Pit for Brawl)
Dair is great as the tornado and F.L.U.D.D. doesn't suck at all, if you think it does, you're using it wrong. Mario wasn't nerfed it's just that he can't combo like he did in Melee.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Shiek and C. Falcon got nerfed to the point where they're barely playable anymore. They ruled in Melee. Shiek was just a severe pain in the rear, and Falcon was the best combo character in the game. Now they're left as tier fodder....

Zelda got the most buffed. She's much easier to use than she was in Melee, and is much more powerful. Looks like in her transfer to Brawl, she sucked up all Shiek's speed and the power of her Hand of Fate...and became....good..

Everyone else seems pretty okay to me...
Sheik is still good she just can't kill very well and Zelda.... well she's better, but i don't think she's so much better than sheik that it makes sheik utterly useless. because i don't play as CF i can't comment on him.

As Mario i think he's still good, he can't combo as much anymore, but he's still good. i like his new dair and FLUDD is interesting to use when u figure it out. :chuckle:
but does anyone else think Mario's missing something that should make him the most balanced character in brawl? it may be just me but it feels like he's missing something.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
What he's missing is range but he's got his projectiles and some cool ATs to make up for that.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Ness isn';t too nerfed, since I don't think they PLANNED the whole infinite pummel idea. His only nerf was really PK flash, and only the size got nerfed, range was greatly increased, making it more usable.
Buffed: Marth, Game and Watch and Zelda got noticably buffed imho
Nerfed: Captrain Falcon (WHYYYYYY?!?!?!), Samus, Jiggles and Gannon all got nerfed pretty bad. Jiggles was the only one I thought needed some nerfing, and she didn't even get it too bad! Captain Falcon just got blind-sided with nerfs. Some terrible F-Zero car accident or something, poor guy. Got crippled, and will never combo the same again.

Neautral: Fox, Pikachu and Mario pretty much stayed like they were in Melee.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I love how G&W was buffed to the max.

Makes me think the developers actually wanted him to be good back in Melee because of his insane offense from even back then.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
But even that's not much of a nerf...

It still KOs early enough, and her killing potential isn't exactly affected. She can still kill with edgeguarding, and even rollout is somewhat more effective (although it too was weakened).
I've survived rests at over 100% on Pictochat, without super armoring it or teching off a hazard either. I don't think that it KO's early enough, seeing as most characters' smash attacks will kill sooner.

She can kill by edgeguarding, but so can everyone else, and they can do it better seeing as they have better range, better power, or a spike, all of which Jigglypuff lacks. Jiggly's smash attacks were all made slower (compared to what they should be at with Brawl's slow down), and those don't kill at reasonable %'s when compared with that of even average characters. Compared to what average characters have, Jigglypuff's moveset has been replaced mostly with taunts. This is coming from someone who plays her every now and again, because she's still fun.

M.K

Level 55
The following post is an IMO Post:

Buffed (Slightly or Extremely):
Zelda
Kirby
Bowser
Pikachu

Nerfed (Slghtly or Extremely):
Sheik
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Peach

Nestec

Smash Ace
The buffed are Game+Watch, Ganondorf, Falco, Lucas (OBVIOUSLY), Zelda, and R.O.B. I don't complain about R.O.B. that much though, he earned it.
lolwtf?

@Megavitamins:

Really?
I thought I could recall killing at 90% once with Rest...Though I don't remember who it was I was facing.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I've survived rests at over 100% on Pictochat, without super armoring it or teching off a hazard either. I don't think that it KO's early enough, seeing as most characters' smash attacks will kill sooner.
most people can survive rest at over 100% especially on larger stages like the bridge of Eldin. i think only really light people like Zelda and G&W can die from rest at less than 100%. it took me up to 120 to KO mario with it on some stage i just don't remember which one.
* oops sorry about double posting XD*

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I'd say the most buffed would me Mr. Game and Watch (mah main). His aerials are amazing now. Even though he lost his parachute, some people say the Fishbowl > Parachute. Also, I love how his upB (firemen thing) doesn't put him in helpess mode.

As for the most nerfed, I'd say Captain Falcon. He can't combo anymore, and that was pretty much the main reason why he was good in Melee. He's a Melee man in a Brawl world.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
E4ALL.

Believe me, some characters are different.
But Lucas and ROB wasn't playable at E4All

And I find it ironic that Sakurai said his favorite character was Falcon and he got the biggest nerf. Kinda odd. lol

BEES

Smash Lord
I'll just go through everyone in Melee

Strongly Buffed:
Game&Watch
Pikachu
Zelda

Moderately Buffed:
Donkey Kong
Luigi

Horizontally Changed:
Falco
Marth
Ice Climbers
Bowser
Yoshi
Samus
Link

Moderately Nerfed:
Mario
Jigglypuff
Fox
Shiek
Ganondorf

Strongly Nerfed:
Captain Falcon
Peach

Not returning:
Dr Mario
Young Link
Mewtwo
Pichu
Roy

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
then Sakurai must have been lying -_- lol
As usual.

---

And wtf. Peach wasn't STRONGLY NERFED, more like "moderately nerfed." Everyone remembers her for her BROKEN downsmash that was FIXED. Do you consider that a nerf? :ohwell:

If you make a list of Peach's nerfs it would be sorta like this:

-Second jump
-Some projectiles
-"fixed" downsmash

Her buffs outnumber that small list.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Man, what scrubs. Peach is better in Brawl than in Melee. Just because no one plays or talks about her yet, doesn't make her bad. Learn to judge for yourselves. The likely cause of this nonsense is that no one cares about Peach, so one scrub said "dang dsmash sux, pecah iz nerf", and everyone lined up behind him, single file.

I'd like to see everyone's reasoning for her being nerfed. I'll wager it centers mostly around dsmash... lol.

EDIT:

- Dsmash wasn't broken in melee. It isn't as good now, but she has a lot to make up for it.
- Her turnips are the same, the only problem is how easily they can be grabbed out of the air now. Still great projectiles.
- Her second jump is better for certain offensive maneuvers now. She doesn't need it for recovery, that's what side B is for.
- Her fair is twice as good as in melee, and can be easily auto canceled as can most of her aerials. FC is still sexy, and can be used in a similar fashion as in melee.
- Utilt is a lot better, upsmash is crazy strong now.
- She still has close to the best priority on average in the game. Fair and nair walls are hard to penetrate.

Basically, most everything that was good about her in melee is slightly better in brawl, aside from dsmash. How exactly is she nerfed?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I'll just go through everyone in Melee

Strongly Buffed:
Game&Watch
Pikachu
Zelda

Moderately Buffed:
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Kirby

Horizontally Changed:
Falco
Marth
Ice Climbers
Bowser
Yoshi
Samus
Link

Moderately Nerfed:
Mario
Jigglypuff
Fox
Shiek
Ganondorf

Strongly Nerfed:
Captain Falcon
Peach

Not returning:
Dr Mario
Young Link
Mewtwo
Pichu
Roy
There we go, that's my list.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think Captain Falcon is the most buffed.

He's unstoppable now, I couldn't stand how bad he was in Melee.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Man, what scrubs. Peach is better in Brawl than in Melee. Just because no one plays or talks about her yet, doesn't make her bad. Learn to judge for yourselves. The likely cause of this nonsense is that no one cares about Peach, so one scrub said "dang dsmash sux, pecah iz nerf", and everyone lined up behind him, single file.

I'd like to see everyone's reasoning for her being nerfed. I'll wager it centers mostly around dsmash... lol.

EDIT:

- Dsmash wasn't broken in melee. It isn't as good now, but she has a lot to make up for it.
- Her turnips are the same, the only problem is how easily they can be grabbed out of the air now. Still great projectiles.
- Her second jump is better for certain offensive maneuvers now. She doesn't need it for recovery, that's what side B is for.
- Her fair is twice as good as in melee, and can be easily auto canceled as can most of her aerials. FC is still sexy, and can be used in a similar fashion as in melee.
- Utilt is a lot better, upsmash is crazy strong now.
- She still has close to the best priority on average in the game. Fair and nair walls are hard to penetrate.

Basically, most everything that was good about her in melee is slightly better in brawl, aside from dsmash. How exactly is she nerfed?
Was that directed to me? Because that's what I was trying to say.

Nonetheless, that doesn't make her higher tier.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
No man, it was directed at the sheep claiming Peach was nerfed without any evidence to back up their claims. I just used a couple of the points you mentioned to emphasize how she wasn't nerfed at all.

Top Bottom