• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Nerfed & Most Buffed

M.K

Level 55
I mained Samus is Melee, and this transition was....just horrible.
In Melee, Samus felt more like Zero Suit Samus in terms of movement. In Brawl, she is a clunky counterpart to her naked zero suit self.

ravenhats

Smash Cadet
Yeah I never really understood why it is that she is so much stronger without armor. I mean what is the point of her wearing armor if it makes you only makes you weaker.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm also pretty sure zero suit is heavier than regular Samus. If that's true... Smash physics are crazzzzzzy.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
She was upper Mid-tier. She only had bad match ups with Marth, Sheik, and Falcon. Aside from them, she was pretty good.
Foxes that know the matchup have a solid advantage and I think Peach is good against her too. Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, some Peach + CFalcon + IC (I guess Jiggs too?) = only characters that really matter. Samus is only good against 2 and "a half" of those characters and struggles with lower tiered characters like the Marios, DK, Ganon, the Links, ....Zelda.

SlyNinja

Smash Rookie
Honestly, Captain Falcon is probably the worst character in this game now.

I'm a huge fanboy of Captain Falcon, played almost all the F-Zeros, mained him in SS64 and SSBM, but he was just that awful in Brawl.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
She didn't get nerfed too hard. Sheik is still a good character, she's just not as broken.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I think Peach was nerfed the most. As my main in Melee I was so accustomed to the Auto Float o Bair with some turnips. All the good stuff it took to properly use peach. I go to that gamestop tournament and try to warm up with with Peach. Only to fiend out that she died and went to nerfing heaven(or hell whatever you prefer.) Though I did end up winning and getting a free brawl that day because of Kirby, I had to give up Peach and that makes me sad.

G&W is more than the most improved from just melle, he's the most improved ever. I remember back in some melee tournaments rarely ever seeing some serious game and watches, let alone see some win(still haven't seen any in melee.) But now it's like G&W wins tournaments way more frequent thatn he ever did in Melee. So congrats to him.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I think Peach was nerfed the most. As my main in Melee I was so accustomed to the Auto Float o Bair with some turnips. All the good stuff it took to properly use peach. I go to that gamestop tournament and try to warm up with with Peach. Only to fiend out that she died and went to nerfing heaven(or hell whatever you prefer.) Though I did end up winning and getting a free brawl that day because of Kirby, I had to give up Peach and that makes me sad.
peach is not as nerfed as you think she just takes some reajustments.

Lightningcard18

Smash Rookie
From what I can see, G&W, Pikachu, and Kirby got powered up the most and Sheik and Captain Falcon got hit badly.

As far as Peach goes, I'd say she is slightly nerfed. She mostly plays different, if anything, like having different kill moves and weakening the stronger moves, her dsmash and her fthrow.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
From what I can see, G&W, Pikachu, and Kirby got powered up the most and Sheik and Captain Falcon got hit badly.

As far as Peach goes, I'd say she is slightly nerfed. She mostly plays different, if anything, like having different kill moves and weakening the stronger moves, her dsmash and her fthrow.
personally i think G&W got so buffed he's almost broken lol. (he's not this is just how i felt at first.) Sheik isn't so badly nerfed she's kinda like peach they just lack in power.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
wow, people have to stop saying Sheik is massively nerfed, especially if they think Peach is still good...

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
buffed
1-zelda
2-G&W
3-DK
4-kirby
5-pikachu

nerfed
1-captan falcon
2-jiggly
3-sheik