• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Nerfed & Most Buffed

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think Falcon's knee is alot better now.

I mean, it freezes time, how many moves can do that?

He also has more combos in this game then Melee and 64, so there's no problem landing the knee.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I think Falcon's knee is alot better now.

I mean, it freezes time, how many moves can do that?

He also has more combos in this game then Melee and 64, so there's no problem landing the knee.
Quite a few moves freeze time for instance half of zelda's aerials, I thought i'd post this despite that part being a joke.

And from what I understand from looking at the C. Falcon boards, he has lost much more combo potential that he gained. More knockback and less stun time=less combos
(If that part was a joke then:
. . . . . . . --->
joke------/ O
. . . . . . . -|-
. . . . . . . /\ <-- me
(**** smashboards lack of accommodating for multiple spaces, screwed up my drawing by forcing me to use periods)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
No man, it was directed at the sheep claiming Peach was nerfed without any evidence to back up their claims. I just used a couple of the points you mentioned to emphasize how she wasn't nerfed at all.
peach was nerfed. not severly but enough to notice.

-dsmash got a nerf, this you already pointed out
- uair has lost some killing power and bair some priority, i've heard dair is harder to combo with now but that could just be brawl itself.
-Fsmash frying pan has lost kill power, tennis racket is the same, and golf club is only useful one cause of reach.
-turnips are roughly the same but the chances to pull out other items is lower and their easier to catch
-all her throws are much weaker, the fthrow can't even KO unless at really high percents and like near edge of screen anyway.
-2nd jump goes no where, and yes it is effective for some situations, but it's a lost cause for recovery at times.
-peach bomber lost wall bounce, while this isn't really so much of a nerf i think it was too nice of a thing to take away.

so yeah she's not nerf city like CF but she still has some.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You may be right in some points, but it's clear you haven't played her that much in Brawl.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
peach was nerfed. not severly but enough to notice.

-dsmash got a nerf, this you already pointed out
- uair has lost some killing power and bair some priority, i've heard dair is harder to combo with now but that could just be brawl itself.
-Fsmash frying pan has lost kill power, tennis racket is the same, and golf club is only useful one cause of reach.
-turnips are roughly the same but the chances to pull out other items is lower and their easier to catch
-all her throws are much weaker, the fthrow can't even KO unless at really high percents and like near edge of screen anyway.
-2nd jump goes no where, and yes it is effective for some situations, but it's a lost cause for recovery at times.
-peach bomber lost wall bounce, while this isn't really so much of a nerf i think it was too nice of a thing to take away.

so yeah she's not nerf city like CF but she still has some.
The thing is, what she lost is outweighed by what she gained.
-Dair still pressures shields just fine, and still sets up for nair or bair.
-Fair is just much better than in melee, and can be used for so much more.
-Utilt gives her a quick upwards move with good priority for platform pressure as well as for anti-air.
-Upsmash kills at ridiculously low percents. Jabs and dash attack are still as good as or better than in melee.
-Side B is more effective offensively, and gains more distance for recovery.
-She has the "la lala lalala" taunt.

The way Peach is now is great within brawl's mechanics. Couple her gains with some very good matchups against the higher tiers and you have enough to warrant a prediction that she will be in the higher tiers herself.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo got buffed the most. Momentum stalling aerials and an increase in power with damage? And Fair reminds me of Snake's Fair, minus the sweetspot. Oh, and thank God they replaced those horrendous forward and down specials.

YES I KNOW nB IS THE ONLY SIMILARITY. shaddup.

Anyway, yeah, CF went from the top to the bottom from one physics change. Man. As for buffs (really), I'd hand the prize to either Kirby or Pika, since they were just so flat-out horrendous in Melee.

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
Lucario got buffed the most. Momentum stalling aerials and an increase in power with damage? And Fair reminds me of Snake's Fair, minus the sweetspot. Oh, and thank God they replaced those horrendous forward and down specials.

YES I KNOW nB IS THE ONLY SIMILARITY. shaddup.

Anyway, yeah, CF went from the top to the bottom from one physics change. Man. As for buffs (really), I'd hand the prize to either Kirby or Pika, since they were just so flat-out horrendous in Melee.
Lol, fixed. :laugh:
Lucario is not a clone.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
The thing is, what she lost is outweighed by what she gained.
-Dair still pressures shields just fine, and still sets up for nair or bair.
-Fair is just much better than in melee, and can be used for so much more.
-Utilt gives her a quick upwards move with good priority for platform pressure as well as for anti-air.
-Upsmash kills at ridiculously low percents. Jabs and dash attack are still as good as or better than in melee.
-Side B is more effective offensively, and gains more distance for recovery.
-She has the "la lala lalala" taunt.

The way Peach is now is great within brawl's mechanics. Couple her gains with some very good matchups against the higher tiers and you have enough to warrant a prediction that she will be in the higher tiers herself.
yes i will agree what she gained outweighs much of what she lost lol. its just im working on my playstyle change as peach and what was nerfed still bothers me at times. >.>

Nestec

Smash Ace
"lolwtf? u nub, thinking the father of gaming deserves a buff, he shouldnt even be in teh brawlz"

Was that what you were going to say? If so, go hang yourself with your fail now, I can wait.
Eh, am I missing something here?
I was expressing my confusion at R.O.B. being buffed...
o.O?

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
*cough* Fox *cough*

=(
I feel ya there, but I think it wasn't Fox that was nerfed directly...
Fox's metagame depended heavily on techs (waveshining, drillsine, etc) in melee, where now they're no longer a huge part of gameplay for him. I personally find his upgraded F-air much more reliable, and his B-air, like Ganondorf's F-air or Falcon's Knee, may be harder to hit with, but had it's KO potential knocked up a notch. It's really useful when your on a wide stage like Smashville or FD and you can pull it off (sweetspotted).

And his new shine? Hoh the mindgames you can play with that! Stalling in the air just enough for that Donkey Punch or dash attack to miss can be very nice. Especially since you can Shine-stall, D-air/ blaster-cancel, then D-smash their butt across the stage.

I really miss his old d-tilt and the range on the blaster, though.... :urg:

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Fox's shine slowed his fall in melee too. In case you forgot.

I am very sad sheik is awful :(
lol, it's only been 4 months and I'm forgetting stuff like that ><
I just feel it's slightly more useful now, considering his only real mindgames are pivot grabs and his illusion.

I never played shiek in melee, except for classic mode, but I did play Zelda alot, and I find her to have the best overall buff. Her hitboxes have been enlarged for almost everything, notingly Din's Fire is HUGE!, and most of her KO moves got a buff also.

Basically I see it as it going from Shiek being the noob's best friend to Zelda being the next best thing. I think Sakurai was trying to balance the two out, but it's defianlty in Zelda's favor.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Well, in melee all you had to do was dash attack, spam D-smash, and hit A when you were in the air as Shiek lol. Anyone who crouched alot knew the pain of Shieks D-smash...

Metaknight does have some really annoying specials.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well, in melee all you had to do was dash attack, spam D-smash, and hit A when you were in the air as Shiek lol. Anyone who crouched alot knew the pain of Shieks D-smahsh...

Metaknight does have some really annoying specials.
Hmm weird I never spammed D-smash hmmmm

I do dash attack a lot.

I always thought she was nub friendly cuz a lot of her moves results in a combo.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Pit is worse. Annoying voice + B spam. :(
:mad:

The Fight Is On!!! The fight is on!!!

Your not ready yet! Your not ready yet!

Omg, it's stuck in my head now!

Arrows are a pain, but a projectile that's absolutely huge? Din's Fire is much worse I'm afraid.

Hmm weird I never spammed D-smash hmmmm

I do dash attack a lot.

I always thought she was nub friendly cuz a lot of her moves results in a combo.
I played as Y. Link/ Fox and alot of my game included crouching to duck needles or shield them as Y. Link, and if she hit D-smash it could KO you at 60% :urg:

Chexr

Smash Ace
Peach is actually really really good. She's very quick and her moves have no lag. Her jab is monstrous and her grab is quick and can combo at low %s. All her air moves can combo and her fsmash is very quick. The only down side is her KO power which is horrible but that can be made up for by her massive racking abilities.

Most nerfed is definatly Captain Falcon and Jiggs. Link, Ness and Yoshi are still bad. Shiek and Fox are decent though.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Peach is actually really really good. She's very quick and her moves have no lag. Her jab is monstrous and her grab is quick and can combo at low %s. All her air moves can combo and her fsmash is very quick. The only down side is her KO power which is horrible but that can be made up for by her massive racking abilities.

Most nerfed is definatly Captain Falcon and Jiggs. Link, Ness and Yoshi are still bad. Shiek and Fox are decent though.
Link, still bad? You sir have never had the Spin Attack Instant KO abused on you, have you?
And if it wasn't for Ness's throw gimp, he'd probly be top tier alongside MK and Snake.
And Yoshi isn't bad either... He's mid-tier, at least. He basically recieved Jiggs old hitboxes for her smashes. His smashes hit deceptively farther then they look...

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Combos?

The combos in brawl are like either small combos like 3 hit combos.

Or ******** infinites.

What peach aerials combo?

I just spam d-air on shields, throw turnips, jab, grab, and occasionally f-air to KO.

None which combos.

I think MK's tornado is more annoying but whatever who cares :laugh:.

MK is still better jab(which is really like 5093584093583 jabs) -> d-smash.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
shiek is alright in this game. maybe lol but my friend quit hes awsome shiek for MK

shield>downsmash = 1 stock loss. gimp>dair= second stock fair>up+B = last stock woot!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Basically I see it as it going from Shiek being the noob's best friend to Zelda being the next best thing. I think Sakurai was trying to balance the two out, but it's defianlty in Zelda's favor.
isn't almost everyfast or character a noobs best friend? that or the really easy strong ones like Ike lol. i think they have been balanced as a whole more than they were in melee. i mean sure Sheik can't really kill very fast, but against someone like G&W who can turn dins fire against you who are you going to use Zelda or Sheik? i still find Sheik to be much better than Zelda in 1v1, and while Zeldas good their she's much better in groups than Sheik is.

Darth_Sententia

Smash Rookie
Ok, ok. One question...

WTF WAS NINTENDO THINKING WHEN THEY NERFE GANNONDORF?!?!?!?

lol, but seriously he did not need to be nerfed. and along wiht him i dont think jiggs needed to be nerfed, because yeah she was godly, but took a lotta skill to be godly with.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Ok, ok. One question...

WTF WAS NINTENDO THINKING WHEN THEY NERFE GANNONDORF?!?!?!?

lol, but seriously he did not need to be nerfed. and along wiht him i dont think jiggs needed to be nerfed, because yeah she was godly, but took a lotta skill to be godly with.
That's so February

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Samus wasn't too great in Melee. All she was good for really was Falco and IC players... maybe bad Fox players too.

Corigames

Smash Hero
She was upper Mid-tier. She only had bad match ups with Marth, Sheik, and Falcon. Aside from them, she was pretty good.

Top Bottom