• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

most hated character

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
The fight is on!
You're not ready yet!
All troops, move out!

Yeah, Pit's voice can get annoying.

Quags377

Smash Rookie
Well its a close one between metaknight and sonic. But in the end i must go with sonic. It just annoys me so much to see him in the game.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Instead of a vehement hatred towards one character, I have one or two things I hate about a few characters.

Toon Link: If it were up to me, his Final Smash would be the Parry Attack from the Wind Waker. Why did they just give him another Triforce Slash?

Falco: Similar problems to Toon Link, their Final Smashes may have subtle differences from Fox's, but they're nowhere near enough.

Wolf: Same as Falco

Jigglypuff/Purin: They nerfed her WAY too much. She's the only character I'm not skilled with. I'm not saying she never needed to be a character in the Smash series (She was in Smash 1 because she was the most popular Pokemon in Japan).

Lucas: They could've done a LOT better than a Ness clone. Who's flimsy idea was it to make him a clone?

Snake: They may have opened a mini Pandora's Box here. As is common knowledge, Snake and Sonic are guest characters, so I don't know if it's a good idea to keep them in Smash 4, let alone add more 3rd-party characters (unless people want some different ones to be played as guests in the next game).

R. O. B.: Its character mechanics in Brawl are awesome, and I love playing as this robot, but I don't recall this machine ever getting a warm reception at its release.

Sonic: They focused more on the inferior 3D Sonic games instead of 2D.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Luigi, Lucas, Mario, because I suck at fighting them.

Wolf, because all people I meet spam, for being another Fox clone, and taking up another spot on the character roster.

Marth, just because. :p

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
Lucas is far from a Ness clone in my opinion! I main Lucas and absolutely suck with Ness. Haha.

As far as my most hated character... im glad he's in the game and everything, but I hate him cause I suck at fighting him....

Olimar.

Why are there so many Jiggs haters?!?

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
Instead of a vehement hatred towards one character, I have one or two things I hate about a few characters.

Toon Link: If it were up to me, his Final Smash would be the Parry Attack from the Wind Waker. Why did they just give him another Triforce Slash?

Falco: Similar problems to Toon Link, their Final Smashes may have subtle differences from Fox's, but they're nowhere near enough.

Wolf: Same as Falco

Jigglypuff/Purin: They nerfed her WAY too much. She's the only character I'm not skilled with. I'm not saying she never needed to be a character in the Smash series (She was in Smash 1 because she was the most popular Pokemon in Japan).

Lucas: They could've done a LOT better than a Ness clone. Who's flimsy idea was it to make him a clone?

Snake: They may have opened a mini Pandora's Box here. As is common knowledge, Snake and Sonic are guest characters, so I don't know if it's a good idea to keep them in Smash 4, let alone add more 3rd-party characters (unless people want some different ones to be played as guests in the next game).

R. O. B.: Its character mechanics in Brawl are awesome, and I love playing as this robot, but I don't recall this machine ever getting a warm reception at its release.

Sonic: They focused more on the inferior 3D Sonic games instead of 2D.
The Hurricane Spin would also be a good FS for Toon Link.

I think that 3rd-party characters are a good idea, but should be added with caution.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double posting, but there's something I forgot to say.

I don't use Marth or Ike. I have never used them since my sister said she was hot for them.

Victawr

Smash Cadet
Volkner, god gave you an edit button.

Also, I hate when people use Metaknight. Pisses me right off when they think they're good using ****ing Metaknight. My counter MK is Kirby, works sometimes, but jesus christ guys, he's like the MP40/Juggernaut of Brawl

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
FALCO.

I never had a problem with him till Brawl...
Fox and Falco use to dominate everyone together in Melee,
Then what happens? ... Fox gets booted.. alot.
Why Falco? Why didn't Falco get sent lower on the tier list instead of Fox?
FOX IS THE MAIN GUY, and Falco is trying to take all the glory... -_-
Somehow just ticks me off...

I am a Fox lover... Can't you tell?

And what the heck is everyones hate on little Jiggly about!?
It's not like she's ever been a top tier character so she's not annoying or anything,
And she is deffinitly not useless, there are the rare Jigglypuff beast mainers that come along every so often.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
Wow... I was expecting this thread to be dominated by Metaknight.

For me though, it'd have to be Ike, only because I'm comparing him too Roy, seeing as he is the replacement for Roy.

Ult

Smash Cadet
How can some of you hate Kirby? Kirby is to cute to hate.

Anywazzzz......the character I hate most ls ROB, why is he in this game!!!!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Since Brawl came out? Nobody really.

Recently? Falco.

Honestly I'm really surprised there isn't more complaints about Falco.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
It's not like she's ever been a top tier character so she's not annoying or anything,
And she is deffinitly not useless, there are the rare Jigglypuff beast mainers that come along every so often.
I agree with this vehemently. Jigglypuff is one of the characters I am good as. She's a good player if you know how to use her special moves properly.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
FALCO.

I never had a problem with him till Brawl...
Fox and Falco use to dominate everyone together in Melee,
Then what happens? ... Fox gets booted.. alot.
Why Falco? Why didn't Falco get sent lower on the tier list instead of Fox?
FOX IS THE MAIN GUY, and Falco is trying to take all the glory... -_-
Somehow just ticks me off....
I hated that at first, but it's not like Sakurai knew about the tier list in the first place.

Actually Jigglypuff is pretty good in Melee. She's a high tier and if you wanna see how good she can be you should see Mango's matches from ROM and Genisis. Mango is one of the reasons I don't hat puff anymore lol
I'll admit I use to hate her, but I picked her up after a year of neglecting her and I must say that I like her play style in both Melee in Brawl. I think more people should just give her a chance.

Well as for characters I hate, I can't stand Olimar. I liked his games, but I hate his playstyle in Brawl. Not to mention he annoys me and is my personal worst match-up.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I dislike Ike, but not in Brawl. I like how he easily represents two great Fire Emblem games ( I am Fire Emblem fan and own all the games that came out to the US and a few more). But sadly I really hate his personality in Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance. I mean he is a fun characters in Brawl I just hate his personality.

D

Deleted member

Facing the Ice Climbers with Ganondorf. I'm not kidding you, the matchup has been debated as being 100:0. I just kinda hate them in general anyway. The chaingrabs, the annoying voices, the fact that hitting Nana doesn't give any damage...

I could go on for a few paragraphs.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I dislike Ike, but not in Brawl. I like how he easily represents two great Fire Emblem games ( I am Fire Emblem fan and own all the games that came out to the US and a few more). But sadly I really hate his personality in Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance. I mean he is a fun characters in Brawl I just hate his personality.
His personality is so amazing though. At least he has a personality, LOOKING AT YOU LINK.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I dislike the existence of IC, I mean I just kinda dislike a character that turns the game into oops i grabbed you now zero death, in a game like brawl or rather any game unless it looks as awesome as HnK that is.

Olimar is p. high on my list because he is so cheesy but its not enough to want me to wish they weren't in the game.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
well i picked jiggs up as a secondary and i'll admit she's fun to use but i still think someone like mewtwo should've been in brawl but it's too late now (unless phantom wings can pull off a badass hack). now for the char i HATE!

sonic: HOLD THE **** STILL U P***Y!
snake: nades nades, is he close? yep. FTILT FTILT FTILT!

that's all i can think of for now.

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
I know people hate Jiggs, but he's pretty unique, and excecuting the perfect WoP feels great.

I hate Diddy. I wasn't too impressed when he was revealed. He feels a little jerky to play with (though, I hate to admit it, a little satisfying to play as). However, small, fast characters such as Squirtle and Diddy are hell for my Link. Ever since his inclution in Brawl, I've started to develop an irrational hatred for him, even quitting and restarting the match if the random function pits me against him, or even making me target him if he pops up online on Mario Kart!

Sorry, Diddy-lovers...

Oh yeah, Falco too. Him and his bread...

I suppose MG&W, but that's most likey irrational since, in Melee, me and my friend were under the childish expectation that the last character you unlock would be Master Hand. Hey, we were young! So, we battled for hours to get to the last character, and who turned up?

So, I guess there's just been a negative association in my head with G&W. It's not helped by the way he's so good... *Grumble*

NateDog8

Smash Rookie
Olimar

Olimar, for several valid reasons:

1. I know he's in the game because Nintendo added him as a means of possibly adding popularity to non-smashers who had played with him before, but seriously, he doesn't belong.
2. How does he even do damage? Pikmin are supposed to be the size of ants....
3. Cheap tactics ftw!
4. I love Ganondorf. Olimar is a counter for Ganondorf(not that many characters aren't). Olimar is especially bad because not only is he a perfect counter, all he has to do is throw his Pikmin over and over and Ganon CANNOT approach without jumping, in which case Olimar only has to block and counter/grab/whatever. I understand Ganon isn't that good, but at least beat him without making the King of Evil look like a complete fool.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Almost everyone is a counter to Ganondorf. And Olimar is in their because his series is pretty fun and gaining in popularity with the third one in development (and because I told the developers to put him in, but that's top secret :p). And Dedede should only be two feet tall.

Lately, I dislike Falco more than usual.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I know people hate Jiggs, but he's pretty unique, and excecuting the perfect WoP feels great.

Excuse me for a moment, but did you just call Jigglypuff a "he" ? ...

Anyways, I love Jigglypuff, and if they got rid of him I would of been disapointed. I hated that they took Mewtwo out.. They could of made him into a great character, I loved how he held items and the such. I would pick Mewtwo over Lucario anyday, I mean who the heck even knew who Lucario was before Brawl? Everyone knows Mewtwo.

I must agree, I am beginning to hate R.O.B because he basically does cheat when he is a CPU.
Besides, why does something not that popular make it into Brawl?

Why do so many hate Jigglypuff? I am quite good with she/he/it. Also, Jigglypuff is great for Taunt Parties. I've always liked the Pokemon since the original game first came out, I'm not giving up on it.
But I really like Kirby as well, do not get me wrong.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Snake.

I'm surprised more people don't hate MK...

Not many people truly hate Metaknight, they just know he has tactics that are much superior to all the other metagames, giving him the title "broken". Broken usually has a bad connotation to it, but I dont see many people hating Metaknight just because hes good.

Top Bottom