• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Players Online

urfat

Smash Cadet
the MOST annoying for me is the guy who loses first in a really exciting FFA and he gets jealous or whatever bs and drops out; and everyone else misses out on a really exciting match because someone is a panzee I HATE THAT!

pAce

Smash Cadet
How come when Basic Brawl is compared to competitive Brawl, it's suddenly not worth playing? You play any game to have fun. When I say competing I mean actually playing, as opposed to standing around doing nothing, because obviously doing nothing is WAY more fun. :laugh:

It's not like I'm playing it to prove how good I am at owning random casual players - they'll never know who I am so it doesn't matter about winning. I play it so I can fight something other than CPU when I have nothing else.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like when you're stuck with three people who only pick Hyrule Temple and avoid the battle.

I generally end up running aropund more than actually playing, which is no fun at all.

LOL, one time, I somehow got everyone in a Basic Brawl to spend an entire match taunting and SD'ing with Wario. I started doing it, then others joined in. Ever hear four Wario's do a down taunt at once?
It's beauty beyond words...

Sameyu

Smash Rookie
I really don't like when you're stuck with three people who only pick Hyrule Temple and avoid the battle.

I generally end up running aropund more than actually playing, which is no fun at all.

LOL, one time, I somehow got everyone in a Basic Brawl to spend an entire match taunting and SD'ing with Wario. I started doing it, then others joined in. Ever hear four Wario's do a down taunt at once?
It's beauty beyond words...
This. Hyrule Temple is a great way to start allies and taunt parties but it gets old when the other players pick that stage EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I sometimes try to do the same and get everyone to pick the same character I'm taunting with, which is usually Sonic. It happened once but I am sometimes lucky enough to get a player or two to join me.

Onto thread topic: Out of the couple of hundred wi-fi battles I've played in so far, I find most Metaknight players who abuse mach tornado and drill rush and Ganondorf players extremely annoying.

My biggest peeves are those who go AWOL in Team Battle, leaving you alone to defend yourself(and possible your teammate) and losing because the other team scored cheap points by attacking the non-moving player. But I do remember this one time in Team Battle where a Captain Falcon player was away the whole time and the entire group somehow ended up goofing off. Then it led to whoever was teamed with the CF to find interesting ways to kill him, while the other team either helped or intentionally SD'ed to even out the score so we would end up in Sudden Death. It was hilarious :chuckle:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Don't you guys hate it when someone keeps losing and leaves when they finally win? There was DK players who kept running away and two people were spamming Temple (my sister was playing with me). Chasing DK is A LOT harder than I though. The my sister and the other guy wouldn't help me and my sister laughing at me going insane trying to land one hit on this guy. Then I picked ROB and kept spamming laser. The problem was I couldn't kill him. The taunter finally decides to help me out but dies giving him a point and then he leaves. Why would you spend $50 to do nothing but run away? How does he fight CPUs? Although if it's not a guy who does a lame strategy like that and has been losing the past twenty battles I don't care if they leave.
Those idiots who set the items to very high and just fire flowers. Seriously, don't freaking do that!
I do it with just Franklin Badges to bother projectile spammers. :upsidedown:

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Don't you guys hate it when someone keeps losing and leaves when they finally win? There was DK players who kept running away and two people were spamming Temple (my sister was playing with me). Chasing DK is A LOT harder than I though. The my sister and the other guy wouldn't help me and my sister laughing at me going insane trying to land one hit on this guy. Then I picked ROB and kept spamming laser. The problem was I couldn't kill him. The taunter finally decides to help me out but dies giving him a point and then he leaves. Why would you spend $50 to do nothing but run away? How does he fight CPUs? Although if it's not a guy who does a lame strategy like that and has been losing the past twenty battles I don't care if they leave.

I do it with just Franklin Badges to bother projectile spammers. :upsidedown:
Haha, nice idea. I might have to try that.:D

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
God, what's worse than fire flowers are cracker launchers and smart bombs >.<

We played a match on BF with only smart bombs on high... you can imagine how that went, 1:30 of the 2:00 match was the four of us trapped in explosions brought on by the idiots attacking the bombs instead of picking them up and throwing them.

Also spicy curry is annoying when it's the only thing on. In Team Battles, whoever gets the first spicy curry that drops wins, because then their teammate can easily get the next and they can just keep refreshing them with impunity as more drop.

pAce

Smash Cadet
God, what's worse than fire flowers are cracker launchers and smart bombs >.<

We played a match on BF with only smart bombs on high... you can imagine how that went, 1:30 of the 2:00 match was the four of us trapped in explosions brought on by the idiots attacking the bombs instead of picking them up and throwing them.

Also spicy curry is annoying when it's the only thing on. In Team Battles, whoever gets the first spicy curry that drops wins, because then their teammate can easily get the next and they can just keep refreshing them with impunity as more drop.
I played a game against one guy who set his items to spicy curry and stopwatch only. His item set backfired on him when he ended up in slow-motion throughout the entire match.

brandon14

Smash Rookie
I deal with annoying players by not reacting in the slightest so maybe they'll try to get my attention by actually fighting

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Despite I think lag is the most annoying thing online for me, I would also have to say MK neutral-b spammers...aarrrggghhh....it really get me when there are 4 players per round and that one MK ruins it for everyone, and the worst part is, people are more intersted in KOing me rather than double teaming against that nuisance.

djm111

Smash Cadet
I don't like the noobs that choose the stage 75m then just throw crabs and turtles for the whole game.
I think you mean Mario Bros.
I hate the people who will only attack the person who came 1st last round. For instance, I had a Shiek and a Ganondorf teamed up against me because I won once. Although, spotdodging his Warlock Punch so he knocked Sheik offstage where I could easily gimp her was pretty funny.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You know what's awesome and really annoying? Turn on only blast boxes on high, play as Ike, and every time a blast box appears, go up to it and eruption. If anyone is even remotely near by and has like 50% or more they're finished. Good fun.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Many MK online don't know that MK don't need to use up p to glide. But lag sucks, it ruins my advanced techniques wifi show. I have a very good wifi so if there is lag it's not my wifi's problem. If everyone is offline I play taunt wifi matches instead.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I love putting it as franklin badge and bumper/soccer ball only

And taunt parties are fun too (only using falcon punch the entire match, most epic SD ever!)

Smash Rookie
Even though I don't take basic brawl seriously, I hate when people win a game because of luck/items. One time A Sonic player that Spammed Ftilt and Homing attack won because He walked into the thunder that makes you small and got the smash ball right afterward. >_>

DDM

Smash Journeyman
The other night it took me 4 or 5 tries to find a Basic Brawl where all the players were actually trying to fight. What a concept! People fighting in a fighting game!

bobson

Smash Lord
The other night it took me 4 or 5 tries to find a Basic Brawl where all the players were actually trying to fight. What a concept! People fighting in a fighting game!
Must've been boring.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
anyone who thinks that if they are good on wifi, they are good offline.

Also, johners or sore loser's/winner's

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
anyone who thinks that if they are good on wifi, they are good offline.
I'm good offline, and I learned mostly by playing on WiFi. Still do actually. You can think I'm 'annoying' or whatever but...

"WiFi is one of the best ways to improve" - Steel2nd

Also, johners or sore loser's/winner's
You must mean while playing with friends? It's pretty much impossible to tell if people are johning about a With Anyone match.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Lucario spammers. I hate them so much that I quit Wifi because of it. -_-; ♥

Phendrona

Smash Rookie
I hated this one guy who kept on spamming Kirby's Down B attack (Rock). It was funny though xD.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
BOKU......the absolute most annoying wifi sonic ever. down b down b down b down b spring spring spring spring dair dair dair dair. Runs down the clock, isn't even respected among other sonic mains. Gets 3 stocked offline. You'll fall asleep playing this guy lol.

And also, first post ever on SWF go me lol

TheMadMage

Smash Rookie
I really get annoyed with 4 kinds of people on Basic Brawl:

1) People who join a game and just walk away from the console. What's the point of even joining?

2) People who target only you because of something you did like 10 matches ago. Seriously, I gimped you with a poke. Get over it and go after other people.

3) Multiple taunt spammers. If anything, I try to avoid going after them, seeing as they're doing nothing besides taunting. If there's 2 or 3 however, someone gets the bright idea: "Hey, lets go after the other guy/guys who isn't/aren't taunting!" and start going after me and the other player if there's one. Usually I just stop fighting the guy I was fighting if fighting one and go after the taunt spammers. This leads to me usually getting double teamed for the next 5 matches (sometimes triple teamed, since the guy I was fighting sometimes turns into a number 2 as I have it up there.)

4) People who constantly pick Temple because they know that it's impossible to fight. I actually find these guys the least annoying of the 4 unless they're also number 3s. At least on here I can practice some tricks on the safe edge.

A few of these things were solved when I went to play Team Battle, but some problems still remained:

1) Someone is doing the number 1 as I have it up there. Seriously...what the heck. -_-;;

2) Other team is doing the number 2 as I have it up there. It's worse this time since there's 2 people this time, and gets even worse when your partner pulls the number 1 or doesn't help you out at all.

And that's my rant for the day. =_=;; Offline is much better IMO, I only play Wi-Fail because of the lack of people to play with nearby. Oh, by the way, one thing I've noticed is a superfluous amount of Lucas and Ike players on Basic Brawl and Team Battle. Seeing 1 or 2 a match isn't that bad, but when you see a whole match filled with them, it's just plain lulz.

Yawnbored

Smash Rookie
FC additions of this for me:

1) People that have bad connections and then say "no Johns" because you state that the lag is honestly too bad to really have fun with playing the game. "No Johns" is meant for saying no excuses. Lag is not an excuse. It's a reason. Of course, said people will never have the time to battle you off Wi-Fi as well.

2) In conjunction with this, people who clearly take advantage of lag, ie doing stuff that is completely impossible offline-- Like when they see that you lagged off the side of the cliff, and it's completely obvious, they attempt to edgeguard you rather than let you climb back on. Seriously? That's just lame.

With Anyone

1) Temple choosers. Seriously, I hate this stage so much now, because half of the match you spend chasing after people, and it takes far too long to kill each other to make this stage even remotely close to being a fun stage to play on.

2) FD spammers. Seriously folks, it's not the only stage. Plus, it's one of the stages outside of Snake's that's likely to lag. Why on earth would you choose this one so much?

3) People that walk away from the system. I can understand 1 or 2 matches, but what is the point of clogging up the system by sitting there and leaving it on?

4) People that only target one person. Especially when it's a swarm. Leave me the hell alone. Why are there 3 people attacking just me in a FFA?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I play a lot of Basic Brawl. It's very entertaining, and gets pretty heated at times. Whenever I get just a little upset, I pick Bowser and Bowsercide ALL DAY LONG.

Anyway, there's really only two things I hate (4 if you include the soon-to-be-mentioned branch-offs, not including lag):

1. The oh-so-common AFWii player. Not only is he occupying a spot for a could-be contender, he makes us wait the entire 70 seconds before a match begins. 45 to choose a character, 15 to choose a stage, and a generous 10 to sync everyone up and load. We only get 2 minutes to fight. Why should it take just as long to prepare for it?

1A: AFWii whores. These people only go after the inactive player, racking up KO's and easily winning. It's not the winning that bothers me, it's just a dishonorable thing to do. I always try to protect the AFWii'ers from these people.

2. Groups of people who team up against you. This, I actually enjoy for the most part. Obviously, you're the biggest threat, but, since they don't practice together, there's nothing but failed attacks and easy KO's for you to score. And it feels SOOO good when you win. It makes you look like a Smash God. However, there's some folks out there who're a little sharper than the rest, as explained below.

3. People who take advantage of the "SD rule." In Melee, if you fall, between the time you left the ground and the time of your death, if you weren't hit with an attack of your own, it counts as an SD. Odd wording, yes. Basically, if no one hit you, it's an SD. In Brawl, this rule only counts at 0%. Not even a Bob-Omb explosion counts as an SD.

The point I'm eventually reaching is this. Two people will get together. One person hits the other, the second person dies. They continue this until the end of the match. This is easily spotted, just look at that one person with 8 falls, all from the same character. Now, if they had a proper SD system, it would be a bit harder to do since you gotta have some damage racked up, and they can't just walk off and kill themselves.

Honestly, #3 is my biggest complaint. I've seen it quite often, and I immediately exit the match. Except this one time, I beat the crap out of both the people doing this. I saved the replay, then left.

Wario-man5780

Smash Rookie
I hate it when there are more than one player, and two of them are ike. They keep spamming those f-smashes while i deal with the other player. And one of them always ends up winning! :mad:

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
I play Peach and I'm one of the people actually taunting, but if there's a battle going on, I just go to the opposite end of the stage and just stand or crouch there. The types of people that annoy me are the ones that always chase me down and attack me, thinking I'm some frail little princess. So I run away, blahblah. If the person doesn't give up after about three matches, I retaliate and kill them (most of the time). Then they get annoyed with me, target me, keep dying, and once they finally win a match, they leave.

And on the other side of the "multiple people target one person" thing, I hate when my "allies" steal my kills. I rack up damage, but have a hard time killing, so then somebody decides to be nice and finish him off for me.

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
I hate it when people are afc (cause I mostly do a team match online) but the most annoying player are pikachu that do absolutely nothing but down b like it's a gift from god or something. But when I'm falco I can usually just reflect it so yea whatever.

Top Bottom