• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Angriest Shinobi (M.A.S): Serious Business!!! 11/14/09 Winthrop Harbor, IL

Fidzo

Smash Rookie
By the way, does anyone have a TV they can bring to go with my otherwise complete wii setup? I have everything except the TV...mine's too big to transport easily.

Email me directly if you're interested.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Sooo, how is this going to work then, is it decided on pools or not and what size bracket?
Pools work like this: You play vs. a selected (seeded) handfull of players in round robin. Whoever (could be more than one person, depending on how many advance outa pools) has the best record, advances to the double elimination bracket.

Guys here's the results from the voting:

MAS Brawl BRACKETS from pools 16 or 32:

16:
- Yosh Q
- Devildigimon
- Quik
- sago
- Spongejordan 123
- Sima Matty

32:
- Wafles
- Arty
- Kenni Spam
- DLA
Obviously 16 bracket wins. But I'm not gonna gay out 20+ people if 40 or more people come to this. So here you have it, the final decision:

less than 36 people come = we'll have a 16 man bracket

more than 36 people come = we'll have a 32 man bracket

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING FULL SET UPS (and a power strip would be nice)!!! I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

I got tables/chairs/insane parking space (to the east of the venue) - ALL COVERED. ;) Tournament games will be held upstairs in the venue. Casual gaming (Rock band, other various fighitng games will be held downstairs). NO and I repeat, NO MMs...are to be had during the tournament. PLEASE! I want this tournament to flow as smoothly as possible. Do MMs before/after the tournament. If I call your name and you don't come, and I find out you were MMing you'll get pwned and sent to losers/DQ'ed.

Hope everyone understands this. <3

Any questions or concerns, you know where to reach me. :bee:

<3, <3, <3...no homo :p

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
this...

but everyone please understand that the tourney (remember we are running pools too) takes priority over everything else (and people slack getting pool matches done....real talk). the venue will be opened until at least midnight. so guys MM before or after your tournies (considering people will be there for a variety of reasons).

Wafles

Smash Lord
Yeah it'll be crazy easy to get your money matches done when the tourney isn't going on, or at least after you've been knocked out or whatever, no one should have a problem with that rule, you get a little time to report for your matches anyway (right?, like 5-10 mins or something?).

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
You get 2 mins to report to your match. :mad:

And that's me being nice about it. haha

also someone suggested i post this:

imo, webster you should post something like "if you're money matching on a brawl setup, and it's needed for tournament, you'll be kicked off. No waiting til the end of match" or whatever
and I think that is totally fair. guys this might be the biggest MAS tournament we had yet. so get ready bring you A - Game and GO FOR BROKE (Alpha 3 reference). :bee:

I heard there may be some "random select" players attending this tournament.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
kenni spam: lolz probably. well lets hope so. ;)

someone pretty awesome, reminded me there was no "set" time schedule for Melee. Well now there is:

* melee doubles will start at 1pm
* melee singles will start at 7pm

first post is being updated now

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
kenni spam: lolz probably. well lets hope so. ;)

someone pretty awesome, reminded me there was no "set" time schedule for Melee. Well now there is:

* melee doubles will start at 1pm
* melee singles will start at 7pm

first post is being updated now
wait wait wait. 7 pm? That late? it's like a 3 hour drive from this to Appleton, I really don't want to get home past Midnight.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Heaven forbid Lone gets home after midnight and has to be tired for church on Sunday.
I'm just messing around, start melee singles after doubles is over, problem solved, Doubles wont take 6 hours.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
well the reason why i moved it to 7pm: is because people claimed they HATED HAVING TO PLAY MELEE AND BRAWL AT THE SAME TIME (those that actually play both games). so i figured this waz a time where players could separate and focus on which ever respectively.

Melee players u got a choice, best make it quick:

* i can leave the time for your tournies where it's at
* i could swap melee doubles and singles
* or i could just run melee singles or just run melee doubles

BUT WE ARE NOT doing one right after the other, there's reasons it needs that time break.

lemme know melee players, asap.

Zicore

Smash Champion
X= What time does it open at the earliest?
Y= When does tourney start?
Z= Y-X. Solve for Z (in minutes)
...I hate you kenni

*intended for those who are fans of south park*

and if I show, you gonna mm me in melee kenni? Imma bust down that sheik

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Awesome, can't wait for this.

I am still looking for a Brawl doubles team mate, let me know if you are interested!

And, I will be bringing a full set up to this, with the infinite replays, which I will record and upload to Youtube so we can get some videos of this. But one question, I will probably have to leave early before singles finishes, so what will happen with my set up because obviously I am not going to just leave it there? Will I still get the discount, or how will that work?

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Awesome, can't wait for this.

I am still looking for a Brawl doubles team mate, let me know if you are interested!

And, I will be bringing a full set up to this, with the infinite replays, which I will record and upload to Youtube so we can get some videos of this. But one question, I will probably have to leave early before singles finishes, so what will happen with my set up because obviously I am not going to just leave it there? Will I still get the discount, or how will that work?
I would, but you'd have to rock SoPo. I can't stand NaNa :p She'd just be getting murderchoked, ganonstomped, and warlock punch'd all match.

And when were you expecting to leave? There's a large difference between 4 pm and 7 pm.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I would, but you'd have to rock SoPo. I can't stand NaNa :p She'd just be getting murderchoked, ganonstomped, and warlock punch'd all match.
I was about to say that Ganon and IC may be the worst possible team in Brawl, but after thinking about it, I realized that it could be unbelievably epic.

ICs grab one opponent and CG in place, Ganon sparta kicks the other opponent away, then he starts a warlock punch, and ICs Bthrow or Fthrow their opponent at Ganondorf. The last thing they see is a purple light and shattered pieces of their own skull flying about, then getting launched at 50,000 mph into the next 3 dimensions.

bwrw

Smash Rookie
Personally i'd either like to have melee singles moved earlier or allow for late registration for it. Just doesn't make sense for me to drive five hours on friday night, wake up at 9:30 saturday so I can register at 10, then sit for 9 hours until my game comes up, then drive five hours home. I realize that this isn't the situation for everyone, but there do seem to be a few other hefty commutes going on.

I do want to show up early, hang out and play some friendlies and whatnot. But being up at 9:30am and getting home at 4, 5am~ Especially when most of my time spent in that gap is just sitting around and waiting...

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Don't tournaments usually have sign ups just 10-15 minutes before the tournament for said event starts?
I agree with bwrw.
Also, me and the PSFM crew are going to be repping chIllinois against WisJohnson
Bring it!
Crew Battle?!?!? :-D

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Personally i'd either like to have melee singles moved earlier or allow for late registration for it. Just doesn't make sense for me to drive five hours on friday night, wake up at 9:30 saturday so I can register at 10, then sit for 9 hours until my game comes up, then drive five hours home. I realize that this isn't the situation for everyone, but there do seem to be a few other hefty commutes going on.

I do want to show up early, hang out and play some friendlies and whatnot. But being up at 9:30am and getting home at 4, 5am~ Especially when most of my time spent in that gap is just sitting around and waiting...
do you need housing dude? im like halfway to the venue for you. also there will be melee friendlies like all day

bwrw

Smash Rookie
I think we're staying with Quaz friday, but i'm not really sure what's going on at the moment. I might have to stop in Appleton on Friday night though, so that might be pretty convenient. I have kind of a car load of people though.

I get off of work at 6:30 Friday night, so I either drive down south, get there at 11:30, 12:00 and spend the night - or wake up at 4am and drive down. This doesn't really bother me. What does is the fact that i'm just doing that to register for something that's not going to happen for another 9 hours. When I could go home, get a nights sleep - wake up at 10am and then drive down, register at 3:30, 4 - hang out, play a couple of friendlies and then do the tournament. I don't want to make anything difficult on the organizers and whatnot, and if i'm the only one with this concern - by all means, keep it that way. But I don't think it's too bad to do registration for each tournament sometime closer to when they start.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Don't tournaments usually have sign ups just 10-15 minutes before the tournament for said event starts?
I actually thought people knew that too. But I should have added that in the first post for first time comers to my tourneys. I'm sorry guys. I'll add that to the first post right now.

You can either register for Melee at 10am or 25-30 mins before the tournament is scheduled to start.

EDIT:

FIRST POST IS UPDATED!!!

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
zicore- I don't main sheik in melee. I'll mewtwo you though :p

Akashi-pretty sure he's going

I'd be down for crews, assuming only 5 people from wisjohnson show up xD

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
PSFM has 4 people coming. Could we re-use a player or can we borrow someone for our crew team?

also, we should be allowed to CP games in crew matches :D

Landry

Smash Ace
Anyone from Madison need a ride? I'll be leaving Friday night and crashing at Quaz's house. If you can convince him to take you I could give you a ride.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
anyone coming to this from chicago

p.s. i have no clue if im gonna be too busy with college stuff this weekend.

sveet how are you gettin there

is melee doubles happening
who wants to team

spikes? lets try our new team combo

sorry for being inattentive / possibly overlooking the information i am asking for in this post

p.s.s if i go ill take all melee $mms. you can pick my char
i play every character except samus, ylink, peach, jiggs, sheik

Sago

Smash Lord
Anyone who asked for a mm is accepted and sveet lets mm we will work on terms later.

You better watch out, the greasiest mothafuka in the midwest will be wining melee son.

Top Bottom