• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monthlies Arcade Legacy! Prolly odne.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Also, we play in Columbus Weekly at MOMO's. (Though Brawl has been deadish due to lack of setups, my Wii broke).
Juu told me about those. They're every Wednesday, right?

I would be at MOMO's frequently if I didn't have school to worry about first. In fact I haven't started going there, yet.

Thankfully I'm graduating, so maybe for the first few weeks of June, I'll be able to attend this Smashfest without any issues.

Jcwest2007

Smash Cadet
Ur a tool bro

Oh man! We gotta get this guy to this tournament. He's obviously the Midwest's best player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cute. Never once did I nod toward being the best at anything; only proving a point with FACTS. Ur smugness tells me that you must be the sorriest player in this thread-
(and don't use the word "WE") ur lumping in everyone else with your disrespectful sarcasm.

and until u beat me at anything--- u should mind your manners kid.

I've been sponsored by Spike TV, MCD's, and a few others companies to play at a national levels.

have u ever been flown out to Texas to play smash?
put up in a hotel suite?
received copy brawl before it's released for winning tournament's?

All for free---> because I am good, and not some ill-informed arrogant DB like ur-self.

I'm quite sure u haven't .

I hope this over-extended message can teach u a bit, of respect and humility toward the new site users. I'm trying to bring tournament to Columbus, i didn't say victims. I'm no smash god; but I'm more than good/experience enough to hold tournaments.

Thanks to Overswarm and the others for the helpful comments.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Cute. Never once did I nod toward being the best at anything; only proving a point with FACTS. Ur smugness tells me that you must be the sorriest player in this thread-
(and don't use the word "WE") ur lumping in everyone else with your disrespectful sarcasm.

I've been sponsored by Spike TV, MCD's, and a few others companies to play at a national levels.

put up in a hotel suite?

All for free---> because I am good, and not some ill-informed arrogant DB like ur-self.

I hope this over-extended message can teach u a bit, of respect and humility toward the new site users. I'm trying to bring tournament to Columbus, i didn't say victims. I'm no smash god; but I'm more than good/experience enough to hold tournaments.

I hope you realize that nearly every time someone comes to this site or a tourney saying they are really good because they beat a bunch of their friends and some people at a random tourney, that person isn't nearly as good as they think. That's why you're getting the response that you're getting.

Seeing as no one has ever seen you at a tournament that has been held in the Columbus area by known players in the area, people are bound to assume that this is the case.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

put up in a hotel suite?

Um....

Not to bruise your ego or anything, but you will get trashed at even a local tournament. You're obviously inexperienced with the tournament scene; that's okay. But saying "have you ever been flown out to Texas to play smash" to people that have driven or flown to the actual tournaments across the US doesn't really impress anyone. More importantly, we haven't seen you before (nor you us) and we, smashboards, have been at every major tournament series since Brawl was released.

That said, smash skill and hosting tournaments are completely different skillsets. If you're going to host a tournament, great. Please attend one nearby before you do so. You can attend this one too!

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I was wondering if I did come over there, would you guys be interested in playing Skullgirls? If yes, do you guys have a T.V. I could use to play on it. I can bring the game.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
This smells like the work of gkais. I bet this is Shugo or Quivo lol.

If Shugo:

Step one: Taunt scene, challenge MM.
Step two: Meet in person, take people aback by sudden return from EC/namechange.
Step three: Profit.

If Quivo:

Step one: Taunt scene.
Step two: Be Q.
Step three: Laugh at results.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen

put up in a hotel suite?

Umad? ; )

And as a response to GigaBowser, I'm totally down for Skullgirls as long as there is an arcade stick, or if it's Xbox Skullgirls in which case I can bring my own.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Umad? ; )

And as a response to GigaBowser, I'm totally down for Skullgirls as long as there is an arcade stick, or if it's Xbox Skullgirls in which case I can bring my own.
I'm bringing the PS3 version but my stick can play on both PS3 and Xbox.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
This smells like the work of gkais. I bet this is Shugo or Quivo lol.

If Shugo:

Step one: Taunt scene, challenge MM.
Step two: Meet in person, take people aback by sudden return from EC/namechange.
Step three: Profit.

If Quivo:

Step one: Taunt scene.
Step two: Be Q.
Step three: Laugh at results.
If either, my money is on scenario A.

Jcwest2007

Smash Cadet
Um....

Not to bruise your ego or anything, but you will get trashed at even a local tournament. You're obviously inexperienced with the tournament scene; that's okay. But saying "have you ever been flown out to Texas to play smash" to people that have driven or flown to the actual tournaments across the US doesn't really impress anyone. More importantly, we haven't seen you before (nor you us) and we, smashboards, have been at every major tournament series since Brawl was released.

That said, smash skill and hosting tournaments are completely different skillsets. If you're going to host a tournament, great. Please attend one nearby before you do so. You can attend this one too!

Perhaps u should read my message completely before jumping down my throat, like some lame *** possey. Like I said before, i played and lost to some of you before, in some of your own tournaments. I never did put my ego out there to bruise.- so im not quite sure y it was ever brought into this conversation.

(also, being flown means corporation's sponsored me to play smash while on air at Spike TV Channel, not me driving to play a small-time tournament in some dudes basement-which i have done many times)

That's a whole different level- neither better or worse, just different.

So please don't heckle me because im not in ur little clique of smashboards vets. I've had multiple smashboards accounts over the years, just because I've never said some **** like

"I'm only goin if ricky's goin" to show my interest; doesn't mean i wasn't there man.

Anyway-- doesn't seem like I'm getting much accomplish amongst this thread, if any u decide u want ungrip of each others TESTES- and really want expand the amount of players we have interacting in Ohio without the BS, please find my thread.

Sorry if I wrinkled ur panties - I just strongly dislike tools who become A-HOLE's for no apparent reason.

" This guys is obvioulsy Midwest's best player...." Choose's to be a DB, but not to come here a take my cash. HILARIOUS.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Not sure if to take seriously or if the scene actually was being ********. Either way, terrible conduct from both ends.

Entertaining nonetheless.

:phone:

Jcwest2007

Smash Cadet
Very True

All too true, I shouldn't let those kind of posts get under my skin.

But do please understand i can only give as much respect as I get, a simple not-interested would have sufficed.

but on a more serious note.

Im not saying im good, just not bad. I didn't want u to think I am just some inexperienced scrub when it comes to tournaments, I am not referring to my skills whatsoever.

My brother had some coworkers meet us at his place to play; and they were interested in tournaments.

I figured between
the people i play with + his coworkers + smashboards= oppertunities.

I'd really like to help broaden the spectrum of players and tournaments in Columbus.

Once again my bad on feeding the fire. Enjoy your tourney.

Jon

clowsui

Smash Legend
I looked up stuff regarding McDonalds and SpikeTV sponsorships for tournaments and found nothing. Perhaps you could provide us with links/information? Also maybe you'd care to name some of your previous names so we can look up your results? Big names associated with a tournament often help bring attendance, and if you are as good as you say then maybe we can use you as an advertising point.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Also, Jon (as I will refer to you). This is the internet, and I was being super sarcastic. I didn't mean to offend you or anything. :p You're letting people get way too under your skin, who really cares what people think about your skill level in a videogame? Going as far as calling a person a douchebag and whatever else you implied over a light-spirited comment was, in itself, far ruder than anything I said.

In any regard, I apologize if I offended you.

Still hype for this tournament though!

Jcwest2007

Smash Cadet
No Big thing, any the Tournament was called Midnight Gaming Championship,

it was ran by Affinity Sport Marketing from 06-10.

They were sponsored by and held at Mc Donalds in random cities throughout the US. I got through to the Dallas finals in 07,

The following video is not of me, I was eliminated first round for Smash and NBA 2K7. I'm wearing a Cav's jersey and white hat, I'm in the crowd somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxsWeDl0fs

They skipped finals in 08 but ran it in 10' (by the by-- they said they would run another national round if the demand was high enough**not sure if they want to be harassed, or want a petition)

You can see all of the sponsors on the screen near the end of the video.

Not sure if any of you know Marc Thorndall (Thorndale maybe) my classmate from dublin/columbus, he took a swing at their Columbus qualifier(eliminated me in melee), but i don't think he got through to Dallas.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you'd like to play and get better, by all means attend tournaments. If you'd like to host tournaments, my advice is STILL to go to a tournament first. A real grassroots tournament from smashboards, and see how we do it, and get a TO to help you. It'll help you get attendance and maybe help you find a venue.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I love how the 3 weekends in a row i have plans, there's three tourneys in a row I end up missing out on lol

Top Bottom