• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Shoutoutz(Melty Blood ones first because that game is better :))

LMAO I'm so stupid setting all the buttons except Heat for first round.

SIAMESE LIZARD - THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BE A GYM LEADER, IT INSPIRED ME TO PLAY HARD TODAY

LOOOOOOOORD KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT - Play this game with me more so I suck less.

Rogue Yoshi - Range is gay :laugh:

Master Chibi - You're too good in the corner and you're too good at getting me there :(.

I forgot everyone else's names cuz I'm awful with names.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD KNIIIIIIIIIIGHT - Come on, step it up!

dmbrandon - SUCK MY BRAWLS! LMAO dair is too good at gimping you :).

Shadow - No johns, you got sing killed :laugh:. I also think people should take me to gay stages more, it really is a highly effective strategy :).

Inui - <_< screw the wing and screw the ledges.

Mew2King - No johns, you lost Marth vs Fox on Battlefield. I don't care if you aren't used the controller and can't dash away.

Magus - Luigi is too fawking good.

Eazy - MAAAAAAAAAAAN you can't be challenging my Luigi to MMs and then running away.

Eazy's brother - Your brother is a liar, I don't camp lasers and run the time limit out in Melee.

Wes - LMAO don't get upset at INUI'S **** talk.

Trev - Don't get depressed if you lose in Brawl, the game is stupid and can screw you over.

WAZ - Can't wait till Six Flags!

Copycat - wtf were you talking about? I wasn't moving away from you in that match at all

EMBLEM LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD - :( your placement displeases me.

Everyone else I forgot because it's 1 AM and I missed out on sleep - GGs.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Kashif: You're my favourite partner ever because you can make up for my fail and you play so gay. :)

Mew2King: Marth is awesome and top tier. Snake and MetaKnight did NOT take top 2 today. It was DEDEDE and MARTH. Stick with your Dedede because it's really smart.

Lord Knight: Stop squandering! Good job getting 2nd in both events for Melty Blood.

Montage: I love my crew. Except Brandon. He's gay.

New York: Thanks for showing up! You're all pretty good.

PA: We'll be at your event next week.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
1st M2K
2nd Inui
3rd unsure
4th DMbrandon
5th NinjaLink/Shadow

i guess someone can put up the entire results

Inui

Banned via Warnings
dmbrandon posted the right results....except Snakeee didn't get top placings and it was Shadow that did.

POST FULL RESULTS, BRANDON.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Woops, I meant ninjalink/shadow. lololololol

Snake Shadow run together.. It rolls off the keyboard so nicely! :D

Seriously, I upleaded to AiB, it should be up within a few hours, pending their quickness.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Judging by inui's placement I would have gotten about 4th. Please rank me accordingly when you do brawl rankings. Thanks.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Lmao at Diem accidently putting me in 5th spot, I did HORRENDOUS in singles yesterday. Well whatever at least my teams game was on point and my little brother is too good.

Some shout outs:

DA: Good **** representing NY, you all did really good.

Diem: Glad I finally got to play you, your Meta is really good and much different then my brother's. You ran the tournament well.

Inui: You're kind of an *** but you gave me credit and you played well so we're cool I guess lol.

Atomsk: Yes, I got another person to want to learn ZSS lol. I'm kinda disappointed I lost that set, but good stuff. Thanks for the bit of info about DDD.

M2K: Why'd you have to survive at 216% in the last game of teams???? :(
You're the only person to gimp me off of my down B stall. I think I have a way around that though for next time.

Velocity: I hate G&W. Super gayness on Corneria with that bucket. Good stuff.

That Falco/Diddy player (sorry didn't catch your name): That was a pretty close set, you surpised me with Diddy. Fun friendlies, and thanks for rooting for me and my brother in teams finals.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
this tournament was a lot of fun. it was cool meeting most of the players from NJ.

spam- still mad about that fight on brinstar lol =/ but the set we had later was fun enough to make up for it. that was so closee .. hope to play you again sometime.

diem- nice meeting you... get at ny for placing well :D

lord knight- gg's your dedede was really smart i just play too many of them XD

atomsk- your diddy did way better than ur d3.. smart playing.. never got that money match in :O

you all should go to ny's weeklies more often

Inui

Banned via Warnings
atomsk- your diddy did way better than ur d3.. smart playing.. never got that money match in :O
No, his Dedede is definitely better. MetaKnight just happens to beat Dedede harder than he beats Diddy.

@Snakeee: Yes, I am an ***. :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This was my first tournament in N.J. I was nervous as hell and I'm Glad I did so well. Top ten with Peach Baby! DM, Good tourny. It was hella fun. Met and played alot of people.

Emblem Lord- Really close match witin you and me. I told you Peach can go even with Marth. All about having a brain. Good to meet you. I'll get some more matches in next time we meet

Vex- Thanks for cheering me on in my tournament matches. It helped me alot. Your a cool dude. We gotta play some more next time.

Eazy- Good to see you again. We had some good Matches. You play good with alot of characters. Catch you around.

Bajisci- Told you you could beat me dude. I fail against ROB. Nice matches. We so have to play again next time.

I played a few more people but I did not get thier names or I forgot them. So Nice matches with the other people I played. I'm sure you guys can remember me. I was the ONLY Peach main there xD!!

I'll come to another one of these soon with the rest of the N.Y peoples again. N.Y rep yesterday. too good. About half of top ten was N.Y For singles. Till next time. Laters all.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
btw Dark.Pch, in Melee Peach does not counter Falco.
Ask PC, thats all I am gonna say about this, I'm not gonna get into a debate or argument about this.

EDIT:

Peach is better than ppl think <_< i think her only true counters are fox and marth. peach ***** the *** out of falco just downsmash once and like hes in danger zone for dying LOL. sheik can give peach trouble but i dont think its too bad most good peaches seem to beat sheiks on their level. marth is the safest bet though. Fox even tho can **** peach rly hard she does have like ridiculous combos and such vs him as well so its not like the ugliest matchup ever just worrry about those marths >_<

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
lol its because diddy does better vs meta, AND YOUR LUCKY we didn't get that MM in lol jk good **** c ya next time dude

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
PC said:
peach ***** the *** out of falco just downsmash once and like hes in danger zone for dying LOL
The only way for her to get a guaranteed dsmash is upthrow dsmash at low percent or a lucky shieldstab dsmash and that wont take him past 40 unless he crouch cancels it or jumps into a Peach dsmashing on a platform(lmao what HORRIBLE Falco jumps into Peach when she lands on a platform?) Also, you can crouch cancel the first two hits and then shield the rest(at least at low %) Video proof is here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JSRwowV7Uns

I do it at ~0:28. It works with Falco too.

If I didn't decide a long time ago that it was pointless to practice Falco vs Peach when I play Fox I'd MM any Peach with the true hero.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
This tourny was a lot of fun, Sorry Dmbrandon that I couldn't stay for singles, I really wanted to, but in the back of my mind I was going to a graduation party at around 6 so I wouldn of been able to stay for everything. I did well in teams in respect to me getting set up with this really nice kid Dave that was Inui's friend on the spot at the last minute. We lost to LK and Atm but I don't think I played bad at all in respect to playing with someone I've never met before.

NY Kids(whoever we played in teams) - You were entertaining to listen to, I wish we played more team matches. I was the marth player that was teamed with the toonlink. I have no idea why NJ and NY don't get along, but I'm from PA so...good matches and I want to play you guys again ^_^

Dave - Good team matches in losers brackets man, we went from losing the first matches in winners 2-1 to winning like 6 straight in losers against pretty good teams. Good ****.

Brandon - You were really entergetic in playing and your metaknight is great, hopefully at scranton we can play some singles and you can finally play my marth. We got to play in teams but...that was teams. Did you see my 0 to death on that Snake player XD. It ended with a Marth Fair to Spike on smashville, it was sooooooooo cooooll, but yea good**** for placing so well!

Inui - "Play your match Slayer, You're holding up the tournament jesus christ"........**** you don't say **** like that while I'm in mid conversation after waiting 20 minutes for my match against LK and ATM. Learn social respect

M2K - We ***** Velocity in that one match of Mario Kart 64. Good **** in your matches, You have a very smart Dedede, Personally I think your Metaknight is better for the sole reason of being higher tier.

Woz - I finally got to play you with my techskill gone in melee after playing so much brawl, you're kind of ****....aight not kind of, mostly ****. But I did almost 4 stock you in a Marth ditto....1 out of 6 matches though.

Magus - I'll play more melee to get my marth kind of equal to you're peach. I know that's a terrible matchup but I suck with everyone else now lol. Good matches though

Admin + Other Scranton Guy - Good **** in our team match, too bad we knocked you out, i felt bad for that >.>. Next weekend hopefully I'll be at scraton for a rematch!

but yea great tournament Brandon. You're a cool guy. Hope to play you again!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dark.Pch: Crap. I forgot to give you a shoutout. Nice Peach man. lol. You say that now, but when we talked in person, I think it was you who said that Marth can lock Peach down easily and when she is up against the ledge there is little she can do, since Marth can cover all her options. That said, you are a good player.

Also thanks for the match-up experience. You are the very first Peach I have ever played in Brawl.

^_^

FULL RESULTS NAO!!!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha. I said when pin to a corner there is lil she can do about it. And also if I rolled I would get hit by a jumping back, spaced Fair or Fsmash. Thats what I ment. There things I can do but tuff depending on the situation. But my options get tone down. that was all.

And I thought you played a Peach before. and thanks for the comment.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I played one. It was slikvik. He got demoralized when I would fair his turnips and catch them half the time.

Then I would just spam glide tossing and go almost the full length of Battlefield. He then went emo and decided to main G&W.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Thanks 2 everyone who hung out with my bro and showed him that tournys are fun.
Lk thanks for the ride bro **** was clutch. Playing melee till 8 am was amazing.
Spam inui is better than u!
Nice meeting and talking 2 ny. Wes n Comp pretty funny.
Magus- SO MUCH FUN playing melee with u. My respawn dair **** is to good lol
Keit- I won, no gf johns lololol
Montage- nicely ran tourny, Diem im not gunna lie, you impressed me. I always thought u were only winning cuz u were mk and no 1 knew how 2 fight em. But u did ur thing yesterday.
Inui- good stuff as well.
Drk pch- dam good peach bro, I was honestly impressed. Nice friendlies
NINJALINK- ma dude thanks for all the advice, we def need to trade tlink methods.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
O n eggm, Inui is actually pretty dam good in brawl now. Yes Im admitting it. He imroved alot, and did really well yesterday.
I have to be honest, brawl is stepping up a small amount, it feels good to know that its getting better.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I played one. It was slikvik. He got demoralized when I would fair his turnips and catch them half the time.

Then I would just sspam glide tossing and go almost the full length of Battlefield. He then went emo and decided to main G&W.
Lol.

Thanks 2 everyone who hung out with my bro and showed him that tournys are fun.
Oh yea, I forgot about him. I was hanging out with him and chatting. I gave him a few tips against DDD. Your bro is cool. Shout out from me to him. Though we never played, I know you taught him some stuff.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

Then I would just sspam glide tossing and go almost the full length of Battlefield. He then went emo and decided to main G&W.
G&W is the ****. peach is still my secondary unfortunately. i need to pick up a metaknight or snake or something else broken

Top Bottom