• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
lol ill accept that MM... if im not seeing Wicked that day..

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You need to get a good NYC player to come down here instead of going to DJ Nintendo's b-day party, lulz. I wish he wasn't doing it on Saturday because it's going to kill our NYC attendance.

If not, you can ask a good NJ player to team with you. I think you're good at the game, so it shouldn't be hard to find a partner.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Fawk Finals I'm on smashboards!

I still think it's sucks to choose other characters to stop stuff. I never had to do that in Melee and obviously Brawl is a different game but jeese. I want to win because I am a better player with my character not because I choose the right character for their character on their counterpick stage.
Brawl = Rock Paper Scissors. Unfortunately the game is extremely unbalanced so unless you're metaknight you have to have multiple characters to cover all bases. I guess I'll use myself as an example:

Snake: ***** mostly everyone except for the little fast guys (i.e.: olimar and fox and pika), Dedede and maybe metaknight

Wolf: Beats out fox, olimar, and pika, really good for camping

Fox: Fast/aggro. picked him to deal with the fat penguin...still workin on that matchup lol I'M JOHNNING ATOMSK

Wario: cuz he's fawkin awesome and ***** scrubs

sonic: cuz dmbrandon hates him <3

True-city, and indeeeeed.
seriously who says that xD

And Frigate, Pirate***ship, are not going anywhere, soon. They pose no threat to intelligent players. Cept those bombs, lulz. Frigate gays people WAY less than FD does, IMO.

Hananbow poses a threat for ultra camping, and is still under consideration.
Frigate's gay...keitaro and i can attest to it. pirate ship is ********. you can camp the water forever and ever. if someone takes me there i promise the match will go on for seven minutes...you're better off banning that stage. hanenbow is ridiculously good for game and watch (as velocity proved to me twice in a set lolz) and apparently is good for metaknight (warning! kashif uses metaknight :p)

also i need a partner for teams. if eazy comes i'm teaming with him but yeah...teammate needed

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
You need to get a good NYC player to come down here instead of going to DJ Nintendo's b-day party, lulz. I wish he wasn't doing it on Saturday because it's going to kill our NYC attendance.

If not, you can ask a good NJ player to team with you. I think you're good at the game, so it shouldn't be hard to find a partner.
at least u think so.... i seriously hate the nyc smash scene sometimes... i do incredible in every teams tourny (with the exception of a few) and i still get zero respect, and i team with random ppl everytime... **** seriously gets me mad

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd team with you but I have a crew here and one of my best friends is my normal partner. :(

Brawl = Rock Paper Scissors. Unfortunately the game is extremely unbalanced so unless you're metaknight you have to have multiple characters to cover all bases. I guess I'll use myself as an example:

Snake: ***** mostly everyone except for the little fast guys (i.e.: olimar and fox and pika), Dedede and maybe metaknight

Wolf: Beats out fox, olimar, and pika, really good for camping

Fox: Fast/aggro. picked him to deal with the fat penguin...still workin on that matchup lol I'M JOHNNING ATOMSK
No. It's only like that if you don't have other answers. I can go all Marth and win anyways and Marth ain't broke. You don't need anything but Snake, honestly.

Snake doesn't lose to those characters wtf. He loses to Dedede and MetaKnight slightly and that's it.

Wolf doesn't beat Fox. Fox is fast, able to punish him, and combos him liek teh whoa. Want to play my Fox with Wolf?

Fox vs Dedede is even. Stick to your main.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I back those rules.

Mario Circuit and Green Hill Zone will remain banned. Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship, and Hanenbow are possible bans.
So Inui logic has regressed from giving bad reasons for support to giving no justification at all. That seems highly in character especially in regards to Inui's argument with Lord Knight where Lord Knight would not let him borrow his controller and wouldn't give a reason. Inui definitely did not respond saying "I don't know why people do things and can't give a reason for them" No he definitely did not say anything along those lines.

dmbrandon said:
I agree with the infinites. It's not like wobbling, where you had to set-up and keep timing. This is just bs.
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!? YOU CAN CLOSE YOUR EYES AND WOBBLE SOMEONE TO DEATH! THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT IN BRAWL! NOTHING!

dmbrandon said:
And Frigate, Pirate***ship, are not going anywhere, soon. They pose no threat to intelligent players. Cept those bombs, lulz. Frigate gays people WAY less than FD does, IMO.
Yes, intelligent players can keep themselves from dying when being sent to the top of the screen then having the stage flipped upside down so they're at the bottom. It's completely possible. Being hit into bombs also has a 0% chance of happening. Obviously. I mean, FD is such a gay stage that [insert character here] can't just automatically sweetspot the ledge. It's not like anyone can easily control whether or not they're going to grab the ledge by not dropping in the area under the ledge. CLEARLY, FD should be moved to counterpick stage and Frigate should move to a neutral. The lack of a ledge at the right 1/2 the time and the stage flipping over is quite fair and balanced with no luck based elements outside of the player's control and FD CLEARLY is a luck based stage.

dmbrandon said:
Hananbow poses a threat for ultra camping, and is still under consideration.
Nah, obviously that stage is fine. I mean, the logic you give clearly vindicates the stage and you brought up respectable points for why the stage shouldn't be banned in response to my argument.

Sadaharu Inui said:
This is why it's important to play other characters. You should at least have one character to fight Dedede with
...how does this not apply to playing other characters on Mario Circuit and Green Hill Zone? Wait a second...it DOES! OMFG no way, pick another character!? That works!? HOLY ****! THIS IS COMPETITIVE BRAWL AT IT'S FINEST! I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS HIDDEN ADVANCE TECHNIQUE, THANK YOU FOR ENLIGHTENING ME!

Well, apparently the tournament hosts are so absolutely incredible at backing up their stage bans with logical arguments. I am thoroughly impressed with the stage bans and the stages that are allowed. Especially Onett being banned, holy ****, I hate that stage. It's completely unfair that Fox is the best character in the game, lasers are incredible, he can waveshine 1/2 the characters off the sides or into infinites, the top right ledge near the house on the left hand side is easily campable, and upthrow up air kills everyone at low percent in this game. Wait a second, are you saying Fox isn't the best character in the game, lasers don't go most of the size of Onett, he can't waveshine, there is no ledge on that part of the house, and he can't up throw up air? **** man, I never knew any of that.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
No. It's only like that if you don't have other answers. I can go all Marth and win anyways and Marth ain't broke. You don't need anything but Snake, honestly.

Snake doesn't lose to those characters wtf. He loses to Dedede and MetaKnight slightly and that's it.

Wolf doesn't beat Fox. Fox is fast, able to punish him, and combos him liek teh whoa. Want to play my Fox with Wolf?

Fox vs Dedede is even. Stick to your main.
to be honest inui, it's just a matter of preference for me. If i'm not comfortable with a matchup i'm most likely to lose. like....the player at the last actual rutgers weekly (not the low tier one) mott who used olimar, almost beat my snake, but i low percent 2 stocked him with wolf.

d3 is kinda annoying for my snake but it's doable. i feel more comfy with fox though, and it showed when i took some matches off u and atomsk no? it's seriously just my preference.

I'd love to play ur fox vs my wolf. we can make our mm a best of 5 and throw that matchup in the set if you want (that's up to you tho i can do a 1 dollar match for fox/wolf)

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!? YOU CAN CLOSE YOUR EYES AND WOBBLE SOMEONE TO DEATH! THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT IN BRAWL! NOTHING!

OMFG no way, pick another character!? That works!? HOLY ****! THIS IS COMPETITIVE BRAWL AT IT'S FINEST! I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS HIDDEN ADVANCE TECHNIQUE, THANK YOU FOR ENLIGHTENING ME!
I can chain Grab people with my eyes closed, but then again I am TOO GOOD

But you see if your TOO GOOD like me you don't need to pick another character because if you do you lose

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Doesn't he still beat you?

Also I want you to try so I can work on not getting grabbed.

So, yes. Please try your hardest so I can lvl up, kthnx.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Cowtipper9487 (9:10:00 PM): lol i love how montage is comprised of the villains of smashboards
TwistedTrevor (9:10:05 PM): lol
TwistedTrevor (9:10:12 PM): i apparently is a villian?
Cowtipper9487 (9:10:25 PM): yeah cuz you're TOO GOOD to be a good guy
TwistedTrevor (9:10:29 PM): lol
Well Montage is and i am TOO GOOD what can i say :laugh:

EDIT- okay emblem i'd be more than happy to help you gain EXP :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I can chain Grab people with my eyes closed, but then again I am TOO GOOD

But you see if your TOO GOOD like me you don't need to pick another character because if you do you lose
I can do this with my eyes closed too. I've tried it.

How does this differ from Wobbling on a walk-off stage besides possible random tripping?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
but keitaro automaticaly you being able to do it too doesn't matter because your not TOO GOOD

however its KEITARO TIME

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I can do alot of stuff with my eyes closed but you don't see me do that in tournament...geez guys....Keitaro where the hell did you find that pic of falco it's soooo gayyyy @_@

Inui

Banned via Warnings
...how does this not apply to playing other characters on Mario Circuit and Green Hill Zone? Wait a second...it DOES! OMFG no way, pick another character!? That works!? HOLY ****! THIS IS COMPETITIVE BRAWL AT IT'S FINEST! I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS HIDDEN ADVANCE TECHNIQUE, THANK YOU FOR ENLIGHTENING ME!
Walk-offs are horrendous for other reasons you're not even considering. Instant-deaths near the sides make those stages terrible. Brawl is big enough of a joke competitively. Allowing horrendous stages like GHZ and MC will just make it more of a joke.

Did you seriously just sarcastically complain about Onett being banned? You actually require justification on this? You complain about homosexual things in Brawl like tripping, but are fine with broken stages?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Walk-offs are horrendous for other reasons you're not even considering. Instant-deaths near the sides make those stages terrible. Brawl is big enough of a joke competitively. Allowing horrendous stages like GHZ and MC will just make it more of a joke.

Did you seriously just sarcastically complain about Onett being banned? You actually require justification on this? You complain about homosexual things in Brawl like tripping, but are fine with broken stages?
QFT

randomly posting here cuz inui keeps randomly posting in nyc thread lol. :laugh:

MC and GHZ shouldnt even be considered... for so many reasons...

to actually talk about this tournament which is what this thread was originally created for (i thought?) lol ehhh how many people are expected to go?

i know no 1 would know exactly but if any1 has any idea.. :confused:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Last time we had 45 people, I do believe. This time would be much bigger if it weren't for both Sensei and DJ Nintendo hosting something on the same day, but whatever.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
wow.. with both of those things going on there might be less than at a regular weekly in nyc then =( lol

oh well still gonna be fun plaing against new ppl and such i suppose lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
300th post....

Last time we had 45 people, I do believe. This time would be much bigger if it weren't for both Sensei and DJ Nintendo hosting something on the same day, but whatever.
I don't like how they announced their events a month after we announced ours. It's not right. Oh well.
INUIIII if you are so upset about their tournies overshadowing our's, do this to them!

http://bp0.blogger.com/_c6eej13Ry_A/RhT0xuNwBGI/AAAAAAAAATs/ME7SM6cKDoM/s1600-h/300+kick.jpg

MADNESS???? THIS! IS! MONTAAAAAAGE!!!!

*hides*

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Chibo says you're johnning so you must be johnning inui...jeez man...seriously inui just kick **** like leonidas did...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Terra says (11:54 PM):
lmao at Great Sea being a fine stage but Pokemon Stadium 2 isn't
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
the gayest part of PS2 is the wind part
which happens on Great Sea
Kaoru - Powered Buttercup! says (11:55 PM):
you bring up a good point, sir, but ice is gay and cold
Hmm. Something to consider. What do you think?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Woot 1000

If you're telling me to beat his ROB with Ganondorf, I think I'll give it a shot. :)
WHATS THIS MY ROB IS BETTER THAN FREDFLINSTONES?? WELL I GOT THREE DUMB WORDS FOR THAT
YABA DABA DOOOOOOOOOO

YES WHEN WE TEAM AGAIN OUR TEAM NAME NEEDS TO BE

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Kashif just told me he found something broken on Pirate Ship but he won't tell me what it is. Consider it banned because I don't want to see a bull**** win.

Edit: holy crap atomsk wtf llolololol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow it was a joke, one being that senseis is a melee tourney that shouldnt hurt u as melee ppl wouldnt go to a brawl tourney anyway, and calling DJ nintendos thing a bday party lol. i just thought it sounded funny saying it like that

Top Bottom