• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
um...that's absurd:confused:

I'm not going to the tournament and I don't really care all the much but you guys are banning stages for trivial reasons
I'd prefer that a BS game have as little BS as possible, and if we have to ban ******** stages like Pirate Ship, we will. If something is broken there, then why play there? The person with the broken advantage has a 100% chance of winning.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
While I don't want **** to be banned for no reason, please keep in mind that IIIIII have the final decision on bans. While it may be his venue, I'm still the host. We have the house fee to avoid disputes as such.

Inregards to pirate, either Spam can disclose this crap, or it's fine.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
While I don't want **** to be banned for no reason, please keep in mind that IIIIII have the final decision on bans. While it may be his venue, I'm still the host. We have the house fee to avoid disputes as such.
If you don't consider me your peer in decisions for the tournaments, feel free to find an inferior venue and actually have to pay for it. I like you and you're a good player and all, but I'm serious. The existence of the house fee doesn't give you authority over me unless I'm the one getting it all, which I don't.

My leader is so very silly sometimes.

I'm definitely open to discussing things and coming to agreements.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Exactly. Which is why you shouldn't post what is or is not banned without consulting.
Word.

Are we in agreement about banning Campenbow? That'd be a step in the right direction. Depending on the nonsense Kashif discovered, we can ban or unban Great Sea. Sounds good?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I was the one who wanted that **** gone from the start. It's just stupid.

As for the pirate***ship, it's based on kashif's nonsense. I'm cool with people water camping.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
what ever you do toss PIRATE SHIP. its sucks, its like temple. You can waste time. Pirate Ship has waters, and a mini boat you can camp in to waste the clock down. Also, Pirate Ship has 3 different changing scenes. A rock scene(which is legit) and Tornado scene(that changes gravity....*ewww*) and a Bomb scene(you get bombs shot at you!) which sucks. Its a BIG stage that you can take a stock of someone and camp half the time. The stage could kill you, and the gravity changes. Wow what a horrible stage. Temple is actually better than this stage. Might as well throw in temple if you throw in Pirate ship

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
what ever you do toss PIRATE SHIP. its sucks, its like temple. You can waste time. Pirate Ship has waters, and a mini boat you can camp in to waste the clock down. Also, Pirate Ship has 3 different changing scenes. A rock scene(which is legit) and Tornado scene(that changes gravity....*ewww*) and a Bomb scene(you get bombs shot at you!) which sucks. Its a BIG stage that you can take a stock of someone and camp half the time. The stage could kill you, and the gravity changes. Wow what a horrible stage. Temple is actually better than this stage. Might as well throw in temple if you throw in Pirate ship
quoted for truth...jeez there's nothing fun about pirate ship anyway. what's so fun about dying at 80% cuz a cannon ball just did 65% to u with serious knockback?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
lol, ya and people say its easy to dodge, but its like Halberd's lazer people can knock u into it. and if u mess up and dont dondge it ur screwed. that stage is just awful for tournies. But its fun on that rock part :p

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well I've never been taken there but if I do get taken there, the match will last for 7 minutes. It's too easy not to camp.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It doesn't even look as nice as the other stages. and the music is stupid. *sigh* but if mein fuhrer leaves it legal then it's legal. anyway. i have a final in 3 and a half hours and another one in 7 and a half hours...good nite all xD

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
On my 3rd match vs Rot8 last time I played him he took me to Pirate Ship and beat me. I felt like I couldn't move at all. I was jumping around b-airing and shooting lasers that were missing all the time. The wind is rediculous. I hate all stages with wind cause it changes the **** gravity in the game. The bombs cause the fight to be "dodge the bombs" like it's the Wario stage. The f-ing spring thing can autokill even if you are just pushed by it. The water can easily be used for camping and so on and so on.

Pictochat is more flat allowing more actions to be made by my own self even though I still think it's flipping a coin but Pirate Ship is just jumping around attacking with the stage tilting, water, wind, earth fire heart dammit!! Got Captain Planet hazards, wtf?!?!

It makes me laugh in friendlies but i dunno.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
theres no problem with pirate ship. if you get hit by the bombs or get killed by the spring your a ****ing ******.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
theres no problem with pirate ship. if you get hit by the bombs or get killed by the spring your a ****ing ******.
oh yeah? what are you gonna tell us next? that captain falcon isn't good? We've had enough of your lies trevor!

also, keitaro's right about how gay pirate ship is, just as anyone who said pirate ship is gay is right.

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
For the record, Hanenbow is awful for characters with tether recoveries.

As for Pirate Ship, I think anything that gimps and changes gravity is worth banning. That's like, half of Spear Pillar's effects. People hate Brawl because it's too floaty, anyways. Ban the floatiness.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Diem you should add a poll to this thread asking people what they think should be banned or not. Maybe we'll get a general idea of how gay or ungay pirate ship/other controversial maps are.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
um...tbh i dunno cuz i never started my own thread but there should be an option to do it somewhere...

9001chars

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I've tentatively added Pirate ship and Hanancrap to the banned stage list.

I've added Jungle Japes to Counter pick.

Discuss

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I love jungle japes
The clap Trap monster lives in my pants
NO NO, whats in my pants is not a trap resulting in the clap
its just like the clap trap ya know? ferocious and gargantuan

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I've added Jungle Japes to Counter pick.

Discuss
Yes, we really need stages with more random events killing people! The klaptrap coming every 10 seconds is fair. You obviously suck if you ever get hit by it and your opponent can't camp at all after that. Dedede obviously can't chaingrab someone across the middle into the water where the klaptrap is. :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Guys spam's being sarcastic! He really means jungle japes suhsucks xD.

I think what spam's trying to say that since this is brawl, any random loss of stock is loss of match since it's so easy to camp.

Top Bottom