• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
w.hore.... :p

but seriously...i just got destroyed by my organic chem final. i need a hug...and a cushion....and i want green hill unbanned. i'm a **** victim i deserve to get what i want.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Texas banned the Ice Climber inifinite chaingrab. I've read arguements on both sides and am leaning towards wanting it banned myself because, from what I read, the only way to escape is for a stage to mess it up or for the other player to mess up. Nothing can be done by the person getting chaingrabbed once they're grabbed.

Now, banning the Dedede standing infinites is an easy choice because of how easily they are done compared to the Ice Climber one, but I'm not 100% on the Ice Climber one because I don't understand it as much.

D

Deleted member

Definitely want Jungle Japes banned... I could barely live with it in Melee, but in Brawl's logic it's really ridiculous... it wouldn't be such a problem if your character could get out of the water quickly, but with the swimming thing, you can get ***** at relatively low %s merely because you land in the water... That combined with the Klaptrap makes for effective **** in the water... and it's especially difficult with trying to get out of the water while your opponent can merely follow and send you down again...

I want to see Hanenbow banned only for the reason that I hate that stage with a passion lol... No rationale, just hate...

Pirate Ship... me personally, I don't care... but I can definitely see the grounds for a ban, so I have to agree on that one that this should be banned...

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
What about Frigate? The flipping ***** Keitaro and I try to sweetspot nonexistant ledges against inui.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the fact that the game has been out 2 months and you still haven't realized that edge isn't grabbable isn't the stage's fault :laugh:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
no one goes there! i had no clue about the lack of edge xD plus i dont have the game myself so i dont really experiment with anything like mister d m burrandon or atomsmacks

Velocity

Smash Lord
no one goes there! i had no clue about the lack of edge xD plus i dont have the game myself so i dont really experiment with anything like mister d m burrandon or atomsmacks
all i know was that was complete failure at ****ing up there names. you can do better specially Diems and thats pronounced DIE em like gotm but insted of getting its dying.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
all i know was that was complete failure at ****ing up there names. you can do better specially Diems and thats pronounced DIE em like gotm but insted of getting its dying.
You try being creative after pulling an all nighter studying for and then taking two three hour finals, one of them being organic chem lol....Also nice sig.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
from what I read, the only way to escape is for a stage to mess it up or for the other player to mess up. Nothing can be done by the person getting chaingrabbed once they're grabbed.
That is the same as every single chaingrab in Melee and every single legit combo. You CAN'T do anything about it. That doesn't make it easy to consistently do or ban-worthy. The chaingrabs on a few characters are easy but for the most part they are not. It also requires both Ice Climbers and they have to be close to each other at the start because mashing out is easier in this game.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Apparently people are trying to kill Brawl by hosting many tournaments on the same date as large Brawl tournaments.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

If it is, the entire community has no hope to survive. Both games.

With this in mind, we might want to cancel our event... >_>;

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
LOL@ Inui's last post.

This **** is hilarious.

Smash community for the lose.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Apparently people are trying to kill Brawl by hosting many tournaments on the same date as large Brawl tournaments.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

If it is, the entire community has no hope to survive. Both games.

With this in mind, we might want to cancel our event... >_>;
I love how the weekend of a local Melee tourney Nothing is going on :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'll probably come. Philly people are hot and amazing.
Wrong thread. This is NJ's Brawl tournament.

I love how the weekend of a local Melee tourney Nothing is going on.
No. There's a C3 in VA and a tourny in Scranton.

Also, the attendance of your even will still be less than Montage's Brawl tournament even with all the competition.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Also, the attendance of your even will still be less than Montage's Brawl tournament even with all the competition.
LOL we shall See i don't have to compete with 4 tourneys and i know people from NY phily and even Ct are coming plus locals i highly doubt your tourney will have more the min :) melee is just to great :p

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Can you feeeeeel the looooove tonight? It's not a big deal lol. People who like melee go to the melee tourney, people who like brawl go the to brawl tourney. Everybody happy! :)

edit: cheezit we didn't get to play any matches :( u prolly wouldve wrecked me but still... lol this fall i guess.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Cheezit's will probably be larger. Their last one had 26 people with the last Montage event having 32. This tournament will probably have less than 32 and their's will probably have more than 26. The C3 on Cheezit's date is for Brawl only so Plank might come to Cheezit's with ppl. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Cheezit's will probably be larger. Their last one had 26 people with the last Montage event having 32. This tournament will probably have less than 32 and their's will probably have more than 26. The C3 on Cheezit's date is for Brawl only so Plank might come to Cheezit's with ppl. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
The last Montage tournament had 45 people. We ran elimination pools.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh wow, there will still be NYC people. Only 2 came last time and I know at least 2+ are coming to this one.

More NJ people that prolly should have been at the last one including Vex Karsansi, Zxax "i think he's NJ", Teh Spamerer, Yes!, Eazy, and that's off the top of my head.

PA has 2 people. Velocity and NJ traitor Chibo "lol!". They don't matter.

Vidjo was thinking of coming, people are bringing friends, TSA NJ veterans like Sneak are coming with friends.

I'm sure this tourney will have more people as it was originally expected :dizzy:

Keitaro

Hey, a recent post of Keitaro's I actually enjoyed reading! :)

<3
Sing a long now children!!

~Inuiiiiiiii's an asssssshooooooole!!

That's right said

Inuiiiiiiii's an asssssshooooooole!!

Holla back ya'll~

I think you would have like it better if I sang it in person though. Maybe I'll do so along with dancing to it like I do at Rutgers tournies.

Wait......

WHERE THE **** IS ROT8?!?!?!?!?!

**** ARE YOU!!!!!!?????? IMMA CALL HIS ***!!!!!!! HE SHOULD BE AT THIS ****!!!!!!!!

Keitaro

Top Bottom