• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
WOW @ dms logic

dm you beat my marth once but vidjos MK ***** my marth so obviously I either just suck with marth compared to my other characters or just suck with marth now period, which it doesnt matter anymore cuz I dropped him and only used DDD in tourneys. Despite losing with Marth and having more hours into marth compared to my other characters, I beat him more than half in MK dittos, more than half with DDD, and about half with snake, depending on how good each of us are playing. That right there says something about tiers, and what the future will bring.

you have the worst logic ever, your only good accomplishment EVER is beating me once and that REALLY got to your head, but you lose to TONS of people that I've never lost to while i lost to very few people and have CONSTANTLY beat good people. Your logic is like Husband trying to say he's better than vidjo despite losing to infinitely more people than vidjo does.

also the only time you played my DDD was in a money match vs your fox and toon link where i 3 stocked you both times, and despite it being a 5 dollar money match you claim to sandbag in it which is pretty disrespectful

you're so arrogant and you use the worst logic ever

you lost to yes and atomsk's snakes, cort would **** YOU.

You judge people ALMOST SOLELY off how they did against YOU even off minimal matches.

also I would like to say, my matches with cort in grand finals went to 10 games, and i won on most neutrals, if that counts for anything. I also beat PC 6-1 last time, beat chillin Marth vs ZSS, ***** chillin in DDD dittos, beat Forte 3-1 and 3-0 (who is a lot better with MK than you are because he does good vs many other people, constantly), beat Azen's wolf, and velocity and vidjo every time we've played. Why don't you try proving yourself by winning often vs other people instead of constantly using awful logic on the boards. So far you've done NOTHING except beat me once using metaknight, which is on par with snake for being the best character in the game.
*high fives m2k*

And I wanna play scar in poker now...

Anyone play othello/reversi around here?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I love this thread.

I really thought you were joking DM :/

@ Inui: Jman has beat both PC and Cort. Didn't he beat Bum too last week to get first!??! These are great accomplishments. I really don't know what else Jman would have to do to prove that he could possibly be at least on par if not possibly better than M2K. You should also watch some of his vids.

@ M2K: Although DM may have had some upsets here and there you have to admit that he has kicked some *** in enough tournies to be considered a threat to almost anyone in the Tristate area. He just needs to learn matchups and stop losing to my f-smash spamming Falco.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ive beaten pc and cort too >___> cort won the finals cuz of norfair and electroplankton twice, and i won the first set. I beat PC by a lot when we played last time. Never played bum. DM uses awful logic and judges people right away, and has only went out of state once and he did bad when he did that; the only good accomplishment he has is beating velocity the first two times they played and me a month ago back when I used marth who I quit. He loses to A LOT of people I would consider bad. The one time DM did go to NY he got *****, but I've constantly went out of state many times and have a good record vs other area's top players, which are BETTER than our top players. dm thinks highly of everyone who beats him, which is a LOT of people. I judge people by tourney record and consistency and how good people are overall, which is a far better way to do it on a national scale.

Keitaro

DM got 3rd in NY behind Bum and Leo losing to Basic Sausage "Leo" in both losers and winners. I heard something about DM getting wall infinited. I wouldn't really call that ****.

DM's judgement does go alot by when he played someone so I think he doesn't have right judgement for you M2K although your DDD destroyed that Fox of his in a mm.

Oh that was horrific!! I was thinking of trying to use Fox vs DDD's but after remembering that mm I'm reconsidering that decision :laugh:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
wait what that's what happened? How does METAKNIGHT get wall infinited by DDD? Who was he using? And what does any of this have to do with Jman? Also, I wouldn't say his judgement goes by a lot because he judges people solely off how good they do against him. If they do good against him he calls them really good, if they don't do good against him he doesn't think they are that good. That logic is really bad, just like the Husband/Vidjo example I've given, because it only takes account a small amount of information especially when it's based off right after the game came out, and I don't like that awful logic.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
those were two amazing posts by scar and m2k a page back. they come in, and all they need is one post each to completely **** this thread lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
This talk about poker is getting me excited. Dm please have a poker game too. I need to donkey it up again :D

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I feel reluctant to support Montage tournaments. I'm really biased when it comes to dmbrandon.

It might have to do with the fact that he used to parade around with his local scene saying he played me all the time back in melee and that we went even, before I've met the guy. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Actually, it's just sad.

There's also Inui. I think we can just leave it at that.

But then again, Inui's dad is cool as hell. I might go to the hotel just to chat with him.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
so much hate going on. you will all get to prove yourselves saturday.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
but how u going to say some1 not better then some1 in a game cause they better then them in a deff game LOL

cort beat m2k was cort better then him in melee NO

pc was better then me in melee and i beat him 2 times in tourny i just beat him last week(love u pc) so what r u saying
I'm saying it's a new game and stuff like that can happen. However, it's not new enough that you can say you're better than the best Melee player in the world based on those wins. M2K has those same wins plus wins against the top MD/VA players.

just stop **** riding m2k
lol, I love how respecting someone's skill is somehow riding their d!ck. At least I'm not delusional enough to think I'm better than M2K already based on doing better against a single Snake player and not proving myself in places like MD/VA.

xzax you dont know what your talking about brawl is a very dumb/eazy game thats y i dont like it
If you don't like the game, don't travel an hour to a tournament for it.

and i dont think there was super gap with me and m2k in melee >_>
You're right, there wasn't a super big gap. There was an astronimical gap words can't even describe, so I won't even bother.

WoZ said:
But then again, Inui's dad is cool as hell. I might go to the hotel just to chat with him.
My dad is indeed the man, as well as the best security we could ever have.

dmbrandon uses horrible logic to determine people's skill levels(Which is actually nothing like the logic I'd use, contrary to what people like Scar say. It was logic I may have used before pepple like Scar ever picked up a Gamecube controller, but that was years ago.) but that doesn't make him some bad person wtf. No need to go crazy on him. He was meh in Melee and is high off of doing well in Brawl early on. The best way to shut him up is to just beat him, not yell at him over the boards. But, like anyone else with a brain, he has the potential to stay one of the top players, so he might actually just keep winning. Can't just count him out yet. He's the only person from the orginal members of his crew that actually still wins. He manages to beat most of NJ, including me, and I do pretty well myself.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
wait what that's what happened? How does METAKNIGHT get wall infinited by DDD?
I used TL. lolz.

This talk about poker is getting me excited. Dm please have a poker game too. I need to donkey it up again :D
For realz

It might have to do with the fact that he used to parade around with his local scene saying he played me all the time back in melee and that we went even, before I've met the guy. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Actually, it's just sad.

There's also Inui. I think we can just leave it at that.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

I super need you to explain this further WoZ. The first time we played was in that teams match and I didn't even know who you used. My partner asked me, and I couldn't answer so I called the cape. He told me who you played, so I could form a strategy. Didn't work, but w/e.

When did I talk about beating you before we met?

He was meh in Melee and is high off of doing well in Brawl early on.
Hey **** you, I was good at melee! :D:D:D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol, you were good for a small period of time, and then you fell off the map. >_>;

I guess if you only count the time you were winning local stuff, then yeah, you had a good point. XD

dmbrandon

Smash Master
lol, you were good for a small period of time, and then you fell off the map. >_>;

I guess if you only count the time you were winning local stuff, then yeah, you had a good point. XD
Hey, I was beating good people!!! Cept ****ing cactuar. Could never ****ing beat cactuar.

EXCEPT WHEN I WAS NESS. lulz, best ness in france

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yes, he really screwed you out of the free ride he offered.

Edit: In about 2 weeks I will have become PockyD.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I super need you to explain this further WoZ. The first time we played was in that teams match and I didn't even know who you used. My partner asked me, and I couldn't answer so I called the cape. He told me who you played, so I could form a strategy. Didn't work, but w/e.

When did I talk about beating you before we met?
A bunch of the locals who knew who I was told me if I really went even with you, because apparently you bragged about it all the time. It was never said that you beat me, but that we went "even."

I could be wrong, but more than one local smasher came up to me about it.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
No scar but he screwed off the tournament. Idc that much i just want to go to this but vex is going to Velocitys tourny so i guess that means im going

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Na velocity can be mean but not like that. Inui hes not like that IMO. But o well im just gonna play in his tournament. But I'm wondering how vex is getting there?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
There's no other reason to host it on the same Saturday as this event. This event was announced way before his. He could have used another date quite easily. There's also the thing I heard about from the backroom that makes me think it's on purpose.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
lol @ your Ness ****** Doraki like two years ago

That was funny.
I'll take it to my grave, I will. :D

A bunch of the locals who knew who I was told me if I really went even with you, because apparently you bragged about it all the time. It was never said that you beat me, but that we went "even."

I could be wrong, but more than one local smasher came up to me about it.
I know all the local smashers. Rick made it a regular event to try and **** me over.

Like the time I had to fight y teams partner in singles first round a tourn, to which I lost on purpose. Then I had to fight a crewmate who was in winners when I was in losers, second round.

Or When I had to win four straight matches to win the set. He only had to win two? (I was in winner's this time.)

Or the time Nisky lost to my bowser, then sucker punched me in the face?

I wouldn't take much of what the OB scene outside of here has to say to heart, WoZ. They got mad because they all thought they were better than I. When I beat them, I imagine they coaxed you into coming, since you were better at the time. If you don't remember, I also IM'ed you that morning to tell you to come, because I thought we were friends. You gave me a one word answer, and I knew why.

Hearsay is all the rage, bro.

There's no other reason to host it on the same Saturday as this event. This event was announced way before his. He could have used another date quite easily. There's also the thing I heard about from the backroom that makes me think it's on purpose.
I agree with this, solemnly.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
If you'd like to make things clear with me, I'm all ears. Rick was indeed pretty adamant about what he says about you concerning me. If he was lying, then I'm happy to take things back.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
If you'd like to make things clear with me, I'm all ears. Rick was indeed pretty adamant about what he says about you concerning me. If he was lying, then I'm happy to take things back.
That's mostly because he knew I was in the community, and you were in deeper. He wasn't ever allowed out of his house, so I imagine he spent that time on the internet constantly.

What pissed me off about it, is that I taught him the **** game. Wavedashing, l-canceling... All major advanced tech. I carted his *** around to tournaments, found new people for us to play, and whatever else. He did this cause he could never beat my falco. (not that many could blargroykoyaksaeverytimeblarggodaamnit)

When you won that teams shizz, I thought it was hilarious, if you don't remember. I shook your hand and you gave ME the cold shoulder. That's when I got pissed at you.

Keitaro

Yeah......Rick and co does not like DM too much. I'm sure they were lying.

Btw, I'm coming here. I'm not going to Velocity's far away ****!! That's like an extra hour drive away. I find it messed up for people to just switch over but if that's how they do things then whatever but I'll be here for singles.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
You can imagine that I gave you that cold shoulder because of what Rick said.

All right then. I'm probably willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Inui's still in your crew though.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yes, I was rude based off what he said, and other people with him, have said. I was a little irked about what I had heard, and it gave a bit of an impression. I'm aware that it isn't fair for you.

I'm generally not a rude person.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Yeah but I bet DM is lying. Rick would never lie. That guy is a saint.
I usually laugh about what I've said on the boards when I meet people. Like hax and jman, we lol'd for hours.

I'll do the same for you, I imagine, but I'm going to do my best to just never meet you. :D

WoZ said:
Yes, I was rude based off what he said, and other people with him, have said. I was a little irked about what I had heard, and it gave a bit of an impression. I'm aware that it isn't fair for you.

I'm generally not a rude person.
It's a backwards situation. Him and the rest of them don't know how rivalry works. They think it's like TV, where you try to sabotage other people to get ahead. It's a shame, the one of them had crazy potential.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Nice.

First impressions last with me for a long time, and I'm pretty high maintenance. You'll have to reach my standards if you want me to be cool with you.

pockyD

Smash Legend
He means he'll become someone that just posts trolling stuff without actually being involved in anything.

Prolly something along those lines.

You know, just posting little snide remarks everywhere but doing nothing productive.

<3
i make productive posts, this whole thing just wasn't a productive discussion

you really should re-learn what a troll is

and don't "<3" me, i hate that stuff -_-

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Nice.

First impressions last with me for a long time, and I'm pretty high maintenance. You'll have to reach my standards if you want me to be cool with you.
Again, lost to internet: Are you saying I have to repent for something I didn't do, or are you making a generalization about yourself?

(On a side note: you said high maintenance and I pictured you looking a mirror getting mad over how your hair is falling right. much lulz.)

Top Bottom