• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
I already know tons about Marth. I learned that Marth can't punish MetaKnight reliably, which is really lame. I have to be even more patient than I already am in order to win. :(

However, I did discover some reliable stuff in the match that can help me win, which is why I finally took a match. :)

Screw Potemkin Buster.
In Brawl, tons about Marth is 2 facts. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Brawl is a lot deeper than people give it credit for. The problem is that it's new so the depth hasn't been totally uncovered yet, and it's not as deep as the game that came before so people don't give it a chance.

Tripping is going to kill it, though. Oh well.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Stop talking trash when you've never done anything in either game worth even mentioning at all.
I haven't been trash talking. I've been done with it. I was before joking around practically or it was the crew vs crew thing, but I stopped, and while reading this forums I (along with Mexi) were brought back into it randomly without us saying anything. You're the one that needs to stop.

Also, what have you done in Brawl....? Won one Rutgers tourney? Anything else?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Also, what have you done in Brawl....? Won one Rutgers tourney? Anything else?
March 7th @ Rutgers
1: Mion/teh_spamerer
2: Inui
3: YES!
4: DMBRANDON
5: Keitaro
5: ROT8
7: Eazy
7: ED
9: PRiDE
9: Ether
9: Shion/Lord Knight
9: Hac
13: Retro RC
13: REIK
13: Loren
13: SQKI
17: MindlessTom
17: Artisan
17: I<3REIK
3/9/08 @ We've Got Freakin Video Games
1. Inui
2. Wilmer
3. Rigel
4. JP
5. Nelson
5. Dave B
7. Juan
7. Chris
9. Dave N
9. Trevor
9. Charles
9. Tom
13. Tyler
13. Joe
13. Mike H
13. Jeremy
Texas Showdown 3/28/08

1. Mr. 3000
2. Inui
3. T-Rex
Out of ~52 entrants

3/29/08

1. Mr. 3000
2. T-Rex
3. Inui
Out of 32 entrants

1. Mr. 3000 and T-Rex
2. Inui and PozerWolf
Out of 26 teams
We've Got Freakin Video Games 3/5/08

1. dmbrandon
2. Inui
3. Atomsk
4. Wilmer
5. Daryl
6. JP
7. Dave
8. Tom
9. Chase
10. Gram
Rutgers 4/4/08

Doubles:
1: We Like to Play Mind Games (Kashif/teh_spamerer and Powered Buttercup/Inui)
2: Ether and I (dmbrandon and Ether)
3: Jeff and Greg (Jeff and Greg)
4: Feed Me Waddle Dees (YEHS and Atom)
5: We Kill Montages (Keitaro and Eazy)
5: Team Dubbya (GDMIT and Matra)

Results of the April 11th event at Rutgers:

Doubles:
1: Sonozaki Twins (teh_spamerer and Lord Knight) ($46.00)
2: Powerpuff Girls (Inui and Atomsk) ($44.00)

3: SlikVik and Do (SlikVik and Do)
4: The Best (WoZ and Emblem Lord)
5: Team Mercer (Tom and Dave)
5: Chicken Watermelon and soda (Keitaro and Eazy)
7: Team WTF (YEHS! and ROT8)
9: RAWR! (PRiDE and GDMIT)
9: Team RF (Matra and Drei)
1st/2nd in teams was split.
Rutgers University Leo-Con Tournament Results!!

1: Teh Spamerer/Kashif
2: dmbrandon
3: Atomsk
4: Inui/Buttercup
5: Eggm
5: YES!
7: Gr8 1
7: Matra
9: Scott
9: Mr. Ryu
9: Zero
9: Eazy
13: Ril
13: Esteban
13: PRiDE
13: ZXVF
17: Lucas S.
17: Ninja Edd
17: Pete
17: Gh0st Rider
17: Ether
17: Anklez15
17: randomperson
17: Joe from Newark
25: Branon
25: Cheeseman801
25: Storm
25: Joe Patrick
25: MasamuneXGP
25: Vile
25: Wind Owl
25: Kenny
33: Super God Kid
33: SARS
33: Evan
33: Rizer
49: Marc Anthony

Image of Bracket
Rutgers April 26th (ROT8 never posted full results and dmbrandon forgot to save singles)

1. Inui and teh_spamerer
2. Atomsk and Yehs!
3. dmbrandon and Ether
4. Matra and some fat Asian kid
5. Dave and Fish
5. random team
7. random team
7. random team

1. Inui
2. Atomsk
3. Yehs!
4. dmbrandon
5. Bajiski
5. AAAA
7. Dave
7. ????
9. ????
9. ????
9. ????
9. ????
13. ????
13. ????
13. ????
13. ????

Yeah, dont know where the others were exactly. Some guys like Orion and some randoms were there but I don't remember how they did at all.
Rutgers Low Tiers May 2nd(Full results never posted)

1. Inui and Atomsk
2. dmbrandon and Ether
3. Yehs! and AAAA
4. Dave and Steve
5. Ionizer and Ghost

(Top 3 was split in singles with losers finals and grand finals not being played out, but Inui was the only one in winners)
1. Inui
2. teh_spamerer
3. Eazy
4. AAAA
5. Alex
5. Atomsk
7. dmbrandon
7. Keitaro
9. Yehs!
9. PRiDE
9. Steve
9. ????
13. Dave
13. ????
13. ????
13. ????

Link is the winner!
May 10th Mini-Tourny, Princeton, NJ

Teams
1. dmbrandon ***** M2K in Tourny (dmbrandon and Inui)
2. White Rose Lovers Who Drink Earl Grey Tea (Atomsk and Lord Knight)
3. PAWNCH!!! (Mr. Ryu and Wilmer)
4. dmbrandon Will Lose to Yoshi (PRiDE and NinjaEdd)
4. dmbrandon Got 2-0'd by Yehs! (Anubis and AAAA)
4. Dave Spiked dmbrandon in Tourny FTW (Dave and Uncle Ray)
5. DGMavn Will Beat dmbrandon With a Level 9

Singles
1. dmbrandon
2. Atomsk
3. Inui
4. Lord Knight
5. AAAA
5. Dave
7. PRiDE
7. Uncle Ray
9. Anubis
9. NinjaEdd
9. DGMavn
9. Mr. Ryu
Suck my balls, good sir. :)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Don't you main Dedede now LK?

Doesn't he have like one move?

CG and...uhhhh...yeah.

LOL.

Inui doesn't know more about Marth then me.

Fact.

Bahahahahahaha!!!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Yo chibo, dont come at my boy yes like he's a scrub in melee. He'll rock u son
that is all

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Atomsk did an amazing combo to me last night that got saved. He combo'd me into a Gordo on PokeStad when I was Jiggs right after I combo'd him into a double footstool. Man this game is awesome sometimes. XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
eazy - i never said any of them was bad at melee. i woud never say that without seeing them play. im just saying, iv never heard of them.

inui - all of those tournaments were either rutgers or whatever this weve got freicken video games tourney is which iv never heard of which looks like a scrub tourney you and a couple friends went to. sure you place well, but you act like your absolutely amazing and one of the best players ever (for the record, something Im NOT claiming to be). you play all the rutgers people so often which undoubtedly helps you somewhat to learn their styles (a john you had about losing to mexi, you didnt kno his/squirtles style). travel once outside jersey (not texas) and show me the results.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui - all of those tournaments were either rutgers or whatever this weve got freicken video games tourney is which iv never heard of which looks like a scrub tourney you and a couple friends went to. sure you place well, but you act like your absolutely amazing and one of the best players ever (for the record, something Im NOT claiming to be). you play all the rutgers people so often which undoubtedly helps you somewhat to learn their styles (a john you had about losing to mexi, you didnt kno his/squirtles style). travel once outside jersey (not texas) and show me the results.
As opposed to you getting 2nd at a tournament with bad rules where you faced 0 people that actually exist as players? That's your single accomplishment.

I can't wait until I place high OOS again and you go "well how'd you do besides NY/CT/MdVa/whatever yeah now what Inui!!!" :laugh:

I'm still amused by you saying your 9th place in CT was impressive and better than I could ever do. Where that came from is beyond me.

I act so d@mn confident because I can't win unless I always believe I can.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its not better than u could ever do, but i really cant see u getting higher than 9th at that tourney, the players are ridiculous in CT.

i also got 5th (out of like 16 or something?) at tastrophe 2, which isnt that good and i wish i did better but im fine with it considering i only lost to sliq who is quite good at the game, and vidjo who is really good. in the process beating other great players.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
its not better than u could ever do, but i really cant see u getting higher than 9th at that tourney, the players are ridiculous in CT.

i also got 5th (out of like 16 or something?) at tastrophe 2, which isnt that good and i wish i did better but im fine with it considering i only lost to sliq who is quite good at the game, and vidjo who is really good. in the process beating other great players.
If Melee was any indication of CT's overall skill, then 9th would have greatly disappointed me. The likes of Cort, PC Chris, Mew2King, Velocity, and the top people from other states being there is nice and all, but that was it. Velocity also did quite well there and I'm at worst just as good as he is, probably better now if he doesn't play the game much while I play often, but who knows, since Velocity is actually pretty smart at Smash.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
melee doesnt equal brawl

while it is laying the foundation where those familiar with tournies and who know the game of smash have a big advantage and are therefore doing better in brawl, its not the exact same.

for instance, PC was obviously better than Cort in Melee, now in Brawl, Cort is definitely better. You also missed other people such as OmegaBlackMage, Darc, and Dazwa.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
melee doesnt equal brawl

while it is laying the foundation where those familiar with tournies and who know the game of smash have a big advantage and are therefore doing better in brawl, its not the exact same.

for instance, PC was obviously better than Cort in Melee, now in Brawl, Cort is definitely better. You also missed other people such as OmegaBlackMage, Darc, and Dazwa.
The same people are doing well with few exceptions, and as with the coming of any new game, new good people appear.

So? PC and Cort were pretty close in Melee. Now Cort has the slight edge. Not a big difference, dude.

No, I didn't. They fall into "top players from other places."

pockyD

Smash Legend
1: Cort ($435.60) (Snake)
2: PC Chris ($237.60) (Snake)
3: Nuro ($118.80) (Snake)
4: Jinx (Metaknight)
5: Solid Jake (Snake)
5: Darc (Snake)

to do well in NE, all you have to do is **** snake :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I respect Snake's legs. I know that all of his moves will beat all of mine. Keeping that in mind, I can win that match. It's not like he's MetaKnight where the windows of opportunity to punish him are tiny to nonexistent.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar, stop posting in this thread, unless you are coming. This is a place for the tournament entrants, not kids to come in here and while about **** that doesn't concern them. If you are, in fact, going to show up, plz money match me. You seem to have a lot to say, so maybe I'm thinking taking 10 or 20 dollars from you will stifle you for a short while.
Kindly stop being a piece of ****. If you really think you can tell me where I can and can't post then you're out of your mind. Calling me a kid is you being a ******, which is entirely in your character. Saying that anything on SWF doesn't concern me is also you being a ****** so yeah, you're very consistent.

I'll post wherever I want, mostly because people are 1000 times more interested in what I have to say than you or any other member of Montage for that matter. Keep telling random scrubs to MM you all you want but when you talk to me you're out of your league.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Chibo: Yeah, Yes! never really went to any Melee tournies but his Fox is really nice and can occasionally beat my Marth. The way he gimp-shines is like no other, f-ing annoying!! lol!!

@ Inui: I'm sooooooo sure you won't do good at the Montage tourney because there's too many people that have and can beat you. Atomsk just beat you for the first time.....EVER so I don't know why you talk like you got better. You talk so great you have to get top 3 which I know you won't so I hope you have legitimate johnz to back you up as soon as the tourney is over.

@ Spam: I believe you are being a good friend to him telling him these things even if it has to be on the boards. I really try to help him too.

@ Underation of Mexi in Melee: He actually did do something surprising if I remember his records but I can't remember what exactly. Based off that one thing he did though I know that I would have to go all out against Mexi and that's a rare thing I'd have to do against any NJ player not on the rankings.

Keitaro

Telling Scar to mm you is like telling a SF2 Turbo pro to mm in 3rd Strike. It's 2 different games and mm's won't solve the arguement!!

I'm just angry cause my sister's graduation from college out of nowhere is on this same Saturday so I know I can't make it for doubles anymore but I'm hoping I can for singles.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Telling Scar to mm you is like telling a SF2 Turbo pro to mm in 3rd Strike. It's 2 different games and mm's won't solve the arguement!!

I'm just angry cause my sister's graduation from college out of nowhere is on this same Saturday so I know I can't make it for doubles anymore but I'm hoping I can for singles.
YOU WANNA MONEY MATCH ME IN 3RD STRIKE?!?!? GET AT ME.

lololllolololol.

And please come sometime. Montage tourns aren't the same without keitaro time!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
@ Chibo: Yeah, Yes! never really went to any Melee tournies but his Fox is really nice and can occasionally beat my Marth. The way he gimp-shines is like no other, f-ing annoying!! lol!!
I shine spike with love, keitaro. <3

@ diem: mm me in poker son....

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@ Inui: I'm sooooooo sure you won't do good at the Montage tourney because there's too many people that have and can beat you. Atomsk just beat you for the first time.....EVER so I don't know why you talk like you got better. You talk so great you have to get top 3 which I know you won't so I hope you have legitimate johnz to back you up as soon as the tourney is over.
roflmao

First of all, I was sick all day. When I was supposed to play AAAA I had to get up and go puke my brains out. I'm quite happy with how I did given how I felt all day.

Atomsk got a ******** swallocide in the first match on Gaylat Cruise, then I eventually got jewed by Camper's Mansion and then Green Greens with its wonderful walls and exploding blocks. He knows d@mn well that I'm better than him and he admits it. He got me with good counterpicking and he's pretty good, so oh well.

I lost to dmbrandon because he plays MetaKnight, has a functioning brain, and was able to call some stuff I was doing, especially on recovery.

I did just fine yesterday, unlike you, who hasn't done jack since the game actually came out in America.

Keitaro

Atomsk always gets off some ******** ****!! **** you Atomsk!! I got a new technique for you and it's called.....

KEITARO TIME!!

Get at this!! :D

Edit: Beware, if Inui gets 1st at this he shuts us all the **** up, lololol!!!!

JFox

Smash Hero
dmbrandon vs scar- this is like war of the ego-maniacs.

Quick I've distracted them from bickering with a mutual bash on their pride! Run while you still have the chance!

As for me, I'm not worried cuz anything they say will never get to these eyes, since I dont check brawl threads. Do your worst ya crazy *******s!

(Do not pay any attention to the man behind that curtain, said the wizard)

Keitaro

My new technique for Atomsk is...ban Green Greens, deal with Corneria, and don't get swallowcided. >_>;
Everytime I ban a stage against Atomsk he has a new one to gimp me with. Then the next time I play him I ban that new stage but get gimped by the old one. Lemme show you the story.

1st time: I ban Mario Circuit to get back thrown on Green Hill Zone twice = loss

2nd time: I ban Green Hill Zone to get turned over to death on Frigate Orphen = loss

3rd time: Bans aren't allowed but I learned Friggin Orphen stage but he goes to Green Hill and back throws my Falcon = loss

****!!!!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol

Green Hill and Mario Circuit are now banned. Green Greens, Frigate Orpheon, and Great Sea are on the table for possible bannings. Maybe you'll get him next time. ;)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I don't see why Orpheon should be banned :-/ the other two maybe, and I think that green hill should be unbanned

edit: yeah pirate ship should be banned *remembers what happened between dave and AAAA*

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
frigate should never be banned.....

as for Mexi:
-I held a tourney at my college about a year ago in which he got 2nd in, and in the process beat Joker.
-4th place in teams at CoT
-Consistantly placed 1st or 2nd in our old crew rankings, beating Triad in one of them
-Placed first in his pool at CoT2, beating Velocity 2-0

its not much, but quite impressive for an "unknown" person

Keitaro

Thank you Chibo. That's what I think was the thing. He beat Velocity. Also beating Triad is very impressive. I think it was some of his losses and inactivity kept him from possible rankings.

Unless you're Tec0 or as amazing as him it's hard to go from unknown to something in Inui's eyes :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea it was his inactivity, not counting our crew only rankings tournaments i think hes only entered 5 events in melee, and two of those were doubles only haha

also i forgot, he got first at a scrub tourney in jersey once, but i didnt post that in the thread above since Inui would have flipped out over that lol

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I don't see why Orpheon should be banned
- There is no ledge on the right part of the stage 1/2 the time
- If you are hit into up into the magnifying glass and the stage flips over you're at the bottom and you're going to die. Characters with bad recoveries will die even if they sent high at all and the stage flips.
- Stages with random events stealing stocks is nonsense.

I think that green hill should be unbanned
It should be. They're arbitrarily banning walkoff stages. Stages in Melee were banned when if you were Fox, you had a 100% chance of winning unless the other player was Fox or if the stage was retardedly gay. Neither Mario Circuit nor Green Hill Zone is like that but that doesn't matter at all to dmbrandon because he thinks it's unfair that one grab means you die if Dedede doesn't trip. Let's ignore the fact that Snake could hold a grenade at all times so if he gets grabbed it'll explode of that he can lay a land mine and fight in front of it so if he gets chaingrabbed, the mine will stop the CG. Let's also ignore the fact that you can camp the top until the cars come and then be safe. Hell, let's also ignore the fact that 1/3 of the characters don't get chaingrabbed by Dedede. That obviously doesn't matter at all especially since it's not like those characters are good or anything. I mean, just look at the list of them

Characters that can't be chaingrabbed by Dedede said:
Fox
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Olimar
Zelda
Mr. Game & Watch
Sheik
Kirby
Squirtle
Meta Knight
Falco
Luigi(is susceptible to standing infinite)
ZSS
Clearly none of the these characters can fight Dedede at all. Jigglypuff, ZSS, Game and Watch, and Squirtle are all highly susceptible to being shieldgrabbed by Dedede. Pikachu and Zelda both get massively outcamped on that stage. It's not like Olimar doesn't have to worry about being screwed by not being able to grab the ledge on Mario Circuit. Sheik and Fox obviously can't combo or kill off the top. It's so unfair that Dedede can standing infinite Luigi on Mario Circuit, it's not like he can't do that on any other stage. Falco obviously can't camp or chaingrab Dedede off the sides and I'm not even going to go into Meta Knight because he's bottom tier trash. Clearly Ice Climbers are highly susceptible to the chaingrab and the second climber can't just hit Dedede to break the grab and Ice Climbers can't do an inescapable chaingrab on him.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah actually I've been gayed by Frigate Orpheon. So has Keitaro xD. Yeah I don't have a problem with dedede as snake anymore. Green Hill is an awesome stage. Mario Kart should be legal too imo. But ban pirate ship.

and kashif it's not hard for you to get away from my shine spikes cuz i've never gotten you off the stage @_@

Top Bottom