• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Close This Thread Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Holy Crap..... Last one was CRAZY, lets make this one INSANE!

As far as previous problems go, it was way to hot.

Solution: I will be bringing BAGS OF ICE, to give out FOR FREE, as well as fans to be set up. We will also place a couple bags of ice in front of the fans, to circulate cool air. Please note, this will only come into affect if we reach an attendance of 60 or higher, any less than that, and it should not get as hot.

Moving on.

Zero Ping- 5450 south state road 7 and the zip code 33174 Suite Number 11.

DIRECTIONS: If I were you, I'd follow my directions and use mapquest ONLY as a reference, as they tend to give screwy directions to this place for some odd reason.

So basically this place is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen... Those are two exits off of I95, i'll have the exit numbers later. So, easiest thing I can tell you to help you not get lost, though I'm not sure if it's the fastest depending on where your comming from, Go to I95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from 95. When you hit 441 (or state road 7, same street) Make a right. You should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. The second Street is called Lucky Street. The plaza is on the right in between these two streets.

But to not get lost ever, or miss it, just make a Right onto LUCKY STREET, and there's an entrance to the plaza on the right as soon as u turn, where u will see the infamous "Only hill"

Any questions about that, you can reach help at:

Cell: 786-436-5990 -ME/Seibrik/David
AIM: Seibrik
OR
Cell:305-495-8258-ZP/Mike

Date:5/24/08 A SATURDAY
TIME: Doors are gonna be open around 10 AM.
11:00AM Doubles Sign ups Start
12:00PM Doubles Begins
Singles will begin no later than 2:30PM
Ending ?!?!?!?!

FEES:

$20 DOOR FEEEEEEE
15 of that 20 goes to singles pot, 5 goes to venue.
Doubles: 20 dollars per team, 10 per person.
You do not pay door fee, you do not play, singles, doubles, or friendlies.

ok ok.... let me cut to chase here.

This ONLY changes if you bring a Wii or a TV. Then the door fee becomes 15 dollars.

There's only four scenarios with this door fee.

PLAYER A:​
Wants to enter both singles and doubles. Does not bring wii. Does not bring TV. Player A then has to pay $20 for the door fee. 15 of that 20 goes toward the singles pot. 5 goes toward the venue. Player A then pays 10 dollars to enter teams with his doubles partner. This making his total of the day to be $30.​

PLAYER B:
Wants to enter only doubles, but not singles. He does not bring a wii, or a TV. His grand total will be equal to that of player A, as the door fee (20) remains the same. At this point the player might as well enter singles as well, since he has already added money to the pot.​

PLAYER C:
Wants to enter both doubles and singles. Brings either a wii or a tv. This player will pay a grand total of 25 dollars. 15 for singles/doorfee, and 10 for doubles.​

PLAYER D:
Wants to enter singles only. Brings wii, or tv. Only pays 15 dollars doorfee/singles entry.​

Which player are you? Theres some variation I left out that I think by now you should get the point, if not feel free to ask. I just don't want confusion at the actual tourny, and so far, i havn't had much.

Hopefully that helps clerify.

PRIZES:
Singles- 60/30/10/Pat on back
Doubles- 60/30/10/Pat on back

General Rules:

3 Stock
7 Minute Time Limit
Final smashes ON..... jay kay, All itmes are gonna be off.
If there is wall bombing... dont stall, same goes to anyone with any possible stalling techniques. If there is any sign of stalling of a match, report to a judge (later to be decided) and if he or she decrees than it will cost in the forfeit of the stock.
IC infinate chain throw is allowed until 250% before it is considered stalling. (if possible?)
You get the ideas with the stalling business. Don't do it.

For Teams: Team attack on... same stuff stated above. Any team infinates are allowed until 250 before considered stalling.

(Tell me if any of you think im leaving something out)

STAGES: (New list of potential changes, lend me your thoughts)

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise (Temp. ?)

Ok, the ban for Poke and Delfino are similar to this vid that Ruuku was able to find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSvMZwuwit8

Check around 4:59 for two consecutive example on Delfino Plaza.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eWXxC-kRQno
Go to 6:25 to see what happens. I am also banning Castle seige now, it seems any level with transitions now is gay as you have the chance of just falling through to your death.

For anyone worried of the low amount of stages, 7 is enough even for the finals 3/5 with two bans. I believe it even makes sets more balanced as there aren't gay counterpicks/insta wins. This is still arguable as we do have time. Worst comes to worst i can always take off daves stupid rule.

Banned:
Delfino Plaza
PokeStadium one
Castle Seige
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Greenhillzone
Skyworld
Great Sea
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island
Donkey Kong Arcade
Spear Pillar
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Electroplankton

This is the updated stage list, after alot of deliberation with many members of FIU, this is the agreed upon stage list.
Of course, any opinions in here are widely accepted with open minds, however keep flaming to minimum, and cunstructive critisism at a max.

Any opinion in regards to said stages will be taken into cosideration ONLY BEFORE THE TOURNY DATE. Whatever the final list is the day of the tourny, that's the list. If anyone knows of any allowed levels that lag for teams like FoD or Mute City did for melee, let me know please.

NO PERSONS CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION FROM HOME VIA WI-FI

*********RESULTS*********

Singles: Total Attendees: 23=345 total pot i believe (15*23)
Full Results:
1 Afro THUNDAH
2 Seibrik
3 Chops
4 Galeon
5 NickRiddle
5 Linguini
7 Equi
7 Doodah
9 CSD
9 Projekt84
9 Metal
9 8-Bit
13 Dark Hokage
13 Chad
13 Hunter
13 Scott
17 Talek
17 Mask
17 Will
17 Tired
17 Dreamz
17 Alex (Forfeited)
25 THY

Heres the bracket
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r17/Seibrik/BrawlBashIIISingles.jpg

Doubles: 6 teams
Results:

1 Gentlemen's Touch
2 Jungle Japes
3 Team Work
4 Team Talek
5 Hold It Down
5 Metal Dream

Bracket:
ehhhhh

6 people, flip some coins

nevershootme

Smash Master
Hmm count me in as a go. i might be able to bring in a tv and wii (480P of high definition smash). but i'm going under a different name this time...

as an extra note: you planning to run a crew battle since it never happened the last tourney?

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be there as well. Oh, and I should have a TV by then too, and a Wii, so you can put me down as a maybe for those both. I will have a definite answer for you on that by next week for sure

Equi

Smash Ace
I'll probably be there as well. Oh, and I should have a TV by then too, and a Wii, so you can put me down as a maybe for those both. I will have a definite answer for you on that by next week for sure

that's a badass sig btw make me one =P

Loto

Smash Ace
Loto's in again and shall bring his recording stuffs again....unless fearless doesn't come...then I won't come....so I'll find out. lol

Loto wants in on a crew. =(

Oh wait, I don't live anyway near you guys. nvm about the crew part.

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
By the way, anyone interested in SSB64? I'm going to bring a flash drive with an emulator and ROM, so bring your PC gamepads if you're interested.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Loto, what recording program did you use on the computer, and what cables did you use to get it from the television? I would love to be able to do that as well.

Loto

Smash Ace
You can buy Dazzle from Best buy or somewhere for like....50-60 then buy RCA-Y splitters and an RCA to dual RCA cable and thats...about all you would need to do it. Dazzle comes with the installing software and you use Dscaler to record.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The best thing you could do to cool down the venue is to get some fans.

Then everyone wouldn't be sweating like motherf*ckers.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this is the same weekend as Jacon 2008 in orlando, so im not sure if ill be making Jewish Holocaust Oven III. But ill see what i can do

spider_sense

Smash Champion
wtf my mentor quit this is BOGUS! :laugh:

i need a new mentor this is crap i hired you for this job and you're quitting LOL
Lol Equi, I want you to **** too. Just remember what I told you. You did very well last tournament and it looks like the student surpassed the master. lulz.
i'll teach u my son, step over into darkness, let it consume u, and the rest shall follow
Today 09:51 AM
Yes, consume his **** seibrik I heard you're good at that. =P I kid; I love you man.

Equi

Smash Ace
Lol Equi, I want you to **** too. Just remember what I told you. You did very well last tournament and it looks like the student surpassed the master. lulz.

Yes, consume his **** seibrik I heard you're good at that. =P I kid; I love you man.
lmao good luck outside of smash bro

you may find this strange, but i remember the **** people tell me. it sticks with me, i collect advice assort it and it sticks in my mind. may sound lame, but when i'm in a tight tournament match i'll suddenly hear different voices from my life speaking inside my mind. you may think that's crazy, but it gets my game going, like if i'm down a stock suddenly i'll hear you going "Just observe man. Be patient, walk slowly, observe." and i'll come back lmao.

Or I may be winning and suddenly i'll hear ESAM screaming "**** dsmash!" and i'll start messing up. =P Or I'll hear Seibrik going "bthrow, wait, mindgame" and then it works. Or I'll hear Chops going "Always watch your opponent." Yeah, I know I'm pretty much insane. :chuckle:

o_O; voices inside my head

OrieL

Smash Cadet
I will most likely be at this one. I missed the last one because of some last minute stuff that came up.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Equi, don't worry about it. Lots of people have that too...They're just all in a mental hospital

dAdXeR

Smash Rookie
I'll more than likely be there again.

List me as Daxi again... I don't want to have to go through a tournament where people are trying to figure out how to pronounce this name.

Rieshu

Smash Cadet
Awww, I'm never going to be able to come to this. Jacon is that day. I has some cosplaying to do. Hopefully next month!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom