• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
(Emphasis mine.)

Originally posted by Scavenger382
Tournament hosts are spare in Texas... right now we have TGA, Chickenwing, Tsetse, and the Dkrew.

Texas has a huge amount of variety.

Texas. We're huge.

It's about the Texas community, which we've all spent years trying to gather together.

Our goal is to unite what we -- as a community, not a crew... as a state -- have strove to create.

No matter how long you've been here, Texas smash has been a long time in the making.

Lets see some Texas pride!
What about me? :(:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Scav, I'm using my 1,000th post just to tell you how wonderful you are. You make inspiring speechs and intersting stories seem like an everyday thing whenever you come up with them. I totally agree with what you said. And I, --- as dcx is well know for--- "LMFAO'' 'D plenty when I read it. So yeah my 1,000th post is dedicated to you.:D

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if this matters much comin from FL. but I talk to scav frequently off the boards...and he always gives me nothing else but positive feedback on all of you....scav is a great guy and very strong speaker...I hope that everyone in Texas heads his words carefully....

*Thumbs up*

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I'm from Minnesota! Do you know where that is? Certain Californians don't :DXDXD. Which is kind of sad ;D. But I love them too much to reveal their identity.

Minnesota blah balh blah. I'm sexy like Brittney spear's pants. Have you ever seen her *** ? Yesssss. :X

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
XD She does have sexy pants. And I know where Minnesota is! I hads relatives there until this summer when they moved down closer to here in Arlington (About 45mins from where this is taking place ;))

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
I want to remind everyone, if you are confused by how the crew battle works, dont worry. We will show how it is done at the tourny. shoudlnt take too long to do. The Diahbolical Duo will bring a good crew battle ;x

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Scav, that was the most amazing speech I have ever heard come out of you. Just brilliant!

That idea of crew tournament is nice, and the price is good also, $10.00 per crew? I like it.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
ALL RULES UP!

Ok, all rules for all tournaments are up, in the first and second posts.

If you have any qualms about the new rules posted make them now and not later, while we still may pay attention to you;)

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
Yes Scav, that post was brilliant. You singlehandedly brought teh Texas Community closer together. You are absolutely right, from the beginning MOAST has been all about strenghtening Texas Smash. And we all really should erase the bitterness that we have for each other, and just get together to party.

All hail Scav! A fan of SMASH!

Hehe, not to rain on your parade, but it's not Bluk who think's he's black, it's Gore and Essence. They're black online, but really nice white guys in person.

That is going in my sig, BTW.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
wowowow the crew rules look awesome!!! are those the famous kish's crew rules i've been hearing about??!!

but yeah for real that's, IMO, a really good rule set for crew.

so like you have two crews A and B

player 1A faces player 1B...somewhere in the middle player 1A has like 1 stock left (and is in the re-appear on invincible platform state) and player 1B has like 3 stock left...

so at this point team A could make a substitution to player 2A (who has 4 stock, lets say)... and so if you wanna do sub ins you just reset the player 1A vs player 1B match, sub in, and then make player 1B have 3 stock left and player 2A (the sub) have 4 stock?

is that how it works, sort of ? <_<

also when you sub you continue playing on the level that was used for the player 1A vs player 1B match right?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
dcx so many questions ^_^

k, to answer your first question, you can sub any player in crew. Just once you sub him in, you must continue in order from the subbed player. For example, lets say you do sub in 2A. If 2a still loses you wouldnt go back to 1A, you would go to the next person in your crew (assuming this is the first match taht would be 3A) Player 1B will have the same stock he had when he was playing . if player 1A left when player 2A has 3 stock, player 2A will go against the subbed player with 3 stock. You do not have tp fight on the same lvl.

Like i said, i can explain it alot better in person >_>

and yea it is the Ship of fool's system

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Alrighty then I guess Austin will end up being: Me, dcx, jotun, Titan44, and Electric Mouse with an open invite to Azen and Anden. Of course that makes 7 people, but if neccesary I will sit out. I have a feeling at least one of Team Schwippy will be unable to make this which means with Azen and Anden that'd make 6.

Otherwise I guess we'll just figure it out as we go! :D

Silas, I still don't understand why you had "Team Schwippy FOREVER" in your sig. <.< I guess you took it out cuz you couldn't have both that and Scav's quote. :p

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
I'm sure Mr. Washington can convince azen to join us. >_>

I still don't get the ship of fools rule set but I guess its to early to worry about that now. I'll just get dcx to explain it to me next time I see him.

TheCoach

Smash Apprentice
Awww D krew is still cool in my book

Well i really don't give a **** if you guys show up or not there's enough comp anyway so feel free to do whatever it is you guys do up in dallas i guess i'm just gonna have to take out crystal singel hannded(yeah right) well instead of me pretending to own crystal i hope to seall ya'll ASAP which would probably be at MOAST but hey hopefully the talk that we changed our tourny format would make ya'll want to come here more often

P.s. Im looking foward to MOAST to do Kaaraoke and announce how sweaty Zero's hand are

dcx1287

Smash Lord
dcx so many questions ^_^

k, to answer your first question, you can sub any player in crew. Just once you sub him in, you must continue in order from the subbed player. For example, lets say you do sub in 2A. If 2a still loses you wouldnt go back to 1A, you would go to the next person in your crew (assuming this is the first match taht would be 3A) Player 1B will have the same stock he had when he was playing . if player 1A left when player 2A has 3 stock, player 2A will go against the subbed player with 3 stock. You do not have tp fight on the same lvl.

Like i said, i can explain it alot better in person >_>

and yea it is the Ship of fool's system
LOL dang i think i got othat 0_0 LMFAO it's pretty confusing!!! at least to me !! <_< >_>

lol but it's cool yeah i think explaining it in person will probably be better LOL, but i think i got the main idea though thx man!

also electricmouse LOL i probably told you a bunch of wrong info on AIM LMFAO !!! <_< so don't listen to me on this one!!!! listen to sintenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

ZelgadisQmega

Smash Apprentice
I pretty much have a choice between an AZ tourney (closer) or MOAST (more priority for me). Looks like I'll MOAST likley be coming to this. Still might need a teams partner, we'll see. If me and GERM do come however we need housing and rides from the airport/bus station. Anyone wanna house us Cali folk?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eep, I didn't think about getting a teams partner yet. >_>
Mike G. should be showing up, so I might be teaming up with him. Is anyone else interested in teaming with me in case I need a backup?

KotG Luvin

Smash Cadet
The suspense is killing me. Seriously. =( Thanks a lot, you jerks, for hosting a large and well organized tournament. You should be ashamed of yourselves =P

Anyway....

I'm up for friendly GGXX matches... no cash on the line here... I'm still pure scrub.

Warcraft 3 TFT.... I'm up for $5, $10, & $20 money matches.

$5/$10--- Best 2 of 3
$20--- Best 3 of 5

Advanced slobs and Dave's stupid rule.... Ladder kosher 1v1 stages only.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
heh, I think most of the ggxx players who go to moast3 aren't really that experienced other than Titan44 from my crew. I'm up for friendly matches too.

Also, I assume You'd be one of my DK ditto victims? >=)

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by JesusFreak
heh, I think most of the ggxx players who go to moast3 aren't really that experienced other than Titan44 from my crew. I'm up for friendly matches too.

I will **** in GGXX 20$ money match? anyone in ggxx????

And yes I do go to the GGXX....and yes I do know about evo O_O so who is up for it? I main KI secondary Sol

And in reloaded I use Jam, KI, Johnny...

:p

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey I'll put $20 on my friend. He's a Sol/Venom/Testament.

I'm still learning (I try to play Sol/Millia/Jam) but I'll play you for fun.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ryoko, if i'm still partnerless at the time of m3, we can hook up and go out in a glorious clash of "OMG! YOU TEAM KILLING ****TARD!" and "what? it seemed like a cool thing to do at the time!"

and i'm gonna be maybe picking up ggxx today sometime and playing it. it seems sorta cool... so, yeah, if anyone wants to just completely omgwtfpwnz0t me in FREE PLAY! i'm up for that.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
I am also up for GGXX free play. ill be usin eddie, Bridget, and Slayer so if anyoen wants to show me up on those characters feel free to ^_^

Also my buddy Soupnazi needs a partner for teams. he mainly uses Gdrof, Sheik, and Jpuff though he has been known to play Ylink for when he is crazy(which is alot)

I hate my new partner so much ;x

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Remember people the primary purpose for the construction of Tru-Gamerz was for it to be the HALO Mecca of Dallas. I guarantee I can bring someone who will **** everyone there in HALO.

Zelgda- BTW, housing is not a problem (there's plenty of it to go around :) All you need to tell us is when your flight or bus arrives, and we'll be there to pick you up.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Yeah I agree. Halo makes me puke "so thats what I had for breakfast, Stupid quik-e-mart"

KotG Luvin

Smash Cadet
Additional generic Halo insult!

Ahem....

Originally posted by JesusFreak

Victim? Oh ho. No, it is you who will be the victim :eek: j/k

Anyway... Since I've no competition, I am the self-proclaimed Warcraft master of SWF. :D

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i know there were a few swf members there were pretty good Wc3. rori aka cathoun luck was pretty good. Ken was naked in teams i think . I know cava played a good bit of wc3 himself. mayeb you should challenge one of those guys if you want wc3 challenge

"I AM JERREL, MASTER OF SCHEDULING"

end random futurama quote

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
How can you diss HALO? HALO is one of the best games I have played, and it will only get better with the upcoming HALO 2 release!

*drools over the thought of what is to be expected*

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Bah HALO is gay. I hate FPS but even with without that predjudice I would still say it sux. I do think HALO2 looks pretty badass tho. No clue how it'll play, but it looks good.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Since I don't own an Xbox, the biggest reason I want Halo 2 to come out is so Red Vs. Blue can use it.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I think we should quit talkinga bout halo, and start talkig about warcraft three.

I play a bit of WC3, and I know the Kishes play, as well. They're not too bad on a team :D. I sucks at WC3, though. I'll 'play' with you, but not for moneys :D

Top Bottom