• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

tsetse

Smash Lord
How bout this one

Team has "an actual career and family + responsiblities and has been playing games for longer than anyone else but needs to tend to family and career so he kinda suxors now vs high school and college."

Who joins my crew I will call ourselves "team pappy"

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Originally posted by tsetse
How bout this one

Team has "an actual career and family + responsiblities and has been playing games for longer than anyone else but needs to tend to family and career so he kinda suxors now vs high school and college."

Who joins my crew I will call ourselves "team pappy"
i think you'd be a one man crew : (

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
*compares deck of life cards with tsetse*

Oooh, a 'career' card. I don't have one of those yet. Gimme a year or two.

TheCoach

Smash Apprentice
Hey don't be assholes, show up for Ge3 I know you guys didn't like a lot of how the whole tourny was being ran but we only learn from our mistakes not make them worse. Besides this is the first year SAK will attend MOAST so if were traveling a **** load just to own you guys i think you should travel a **** load to try to own us hey scav although fear is'int in SAK but he will come so dont you want a littel piece of revenge.......... well Crystal City is going to come so if you guys cant make it there is still a lot of comp in this tourny:beezo: :chuckle: :crazy: :confused:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
honestly, we don't owe anyone anything to even out travel karma. for a year straight we were the only people who travelled in texas, going from dallas to san an back home, then to houston, then home, back to san an, home, etc... we were at the first ge and actually helped to run it, we'd been to other tourneys there before that, we've gone around houston several times for smashfests and tourneys, as well. no one comes to dallas, dallas has always gone to everyone. it's time for travel karma to cycle back around.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well you see, Dallas people have been traveling to places like SA, Houston, Austin for tourneys. Making these trips do cost a lot of money and time. It was nice to see that SAK went to TGA (even tho I didn't get the chance to). But it's not like you announce a tourney and then suddenly everyone has to change their schedule to make a 5 hour trip.

EDIT: ya beat me to it CORY

D

Deleted member

Originally posted by TheCoach
Hey don't be assholes, show up for Ge3 I know you guys didn't like a lot of how the whole tourny was being ran but we only learn from our mistakes not make them worse. Besides this is the first year SAK will attend MOAST so if were traveling a **** load just to own you guys i think you should travel a **** load to try to own us hey scav although fear is'int in SAK but he will come so dont you want a littel piece of revenge.......... well Crystal City is going to come so if you guys cant make it there is still a lot of comp in this tourny:beezo: :chuckle: :crazy: :confused:
really. bring it scrubs.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Is there an age range / limit to where you live? If there isn't, I could fly out to Dallas from Calgary (family in West Jet = basic free flying), maybe be one of the only Canadian's out there, and get my gaming in.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Originally posted by TheCoach
Haha, nice try, Coach. We've been hugely supportive of the SA community. We've been to 3 SA tournaments, two of which were GE 1 and 2. We really enjoy playing with the SA crew. But how many of our tournaments have you gone to?

We can't wait to see you at Moast, but I unfortunately can't make it to GE3 because of schoolwork, and other commitments.

-Scav

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
JF, if I told you Mike G. was from Atlanta, and going to MOAST3, would you suddenly have a friend from ATL, too, HMMM??? j/k

Private planes from Canada = security issues. Didn't Scav say that Love Field has some weird range limitation on inbound planes?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Lol Ryoko. I actually do have a friend from Atlanta. <.<;; I talked to Our Savior Marth about him already tho. :p The truth is, I have friends from just about every state and elsewhere.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by Essence in some poor San Diego kid's thread
CMMOOOONNNNN BEEEL!!!!! BEEETTTTTAAAAA PEEEEOOPPPLEEE BEEEHHHH TUHHH PEOPLE!!! (falls on ground and continues beating chest) BETTA PEOPLE BEEETTTTTTAAAA MOTHA ****IN PEOPLE
Would someone who knows Essence PLEASE tell me what the heck happened there?

Essence

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Bahamut3585
Would someone who knows Essence PLEASE tell me what the heck happened there?
no, no, dude, you do NOT wanna know about the betta people, it will scar you for life, BAHHH RAWR BETTER RYAN SPLEH KEYS

D

Deleted member

Originally posted by JesusFreak
Lol Ryoko. I actually do have a friend from Atlanta. <.<;; I talked to Our Savior Marth about him already tho. :p The truth is, I have friends from just about every state and elsewhere.
I'm not your PA friend. *****.

RonnyMcD

Smash Rookie
Well I must conclude that my reaction time for this game has slown down quite a bit. I can still do some cool things with Sheik, but its not at its finest hour. I'm glad moast3 isnt until january and I can't wait. Should be lots of fun, and I bet lots of fun meeting you all.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I happen to be that poor San Diego kid...

I'm not quite sure if I wanna know what the heck happened O_o. And to answer the question of the diamon member dude that posted in my topic, no, I heard about this board a loong time ago...I just never post here because there isn't a general board and most of what I have to contribute in technical aspects are already posted, and the questions I have are answered elsewhere...

MOAST is definitely something I would like to go to. I do need more tournaments under my belt...January? Highly unlikely though...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
My mom says sometimes hotels won't let you check in if you're under 25 years old, so in a worst-case scenario I may need someone's parent to come and rent a room for me and my friend Jared's (who's 95% sure he's coming). Hopefully, we'll find a place that'll let an 18 year old (or two) rent a room, but we'll see. Just letting everyone know in advance.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
we can just say we got somene's parents to set up the room while you paid for it while, in reality, you just stayed with someone else... it's not wrong until you get caught!

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
[quoteits not wrong until you get caught![/quote]

That's what Bill Clinton thought.

McFox, Motel 6's and Comfort Inns will rent out rooms to people who are 18.

How do I know this?

. . .

cuz . . . I'm smart.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Re: I happen to be that poor San Diego kid...

Originally posted by Saint Patrick
I'm not quite sure if I wanna know what the heck happened O_o. And to answer the question of the diamon member dude that posted in my topic, no, I heard about this board a loong time ago...I just never post here because there isn't a general board and most of what I have to contribute in technical aspects are already posted, and the questions I have are answered elsewhere...

MOAST is definitely something I would like to go to. I do need more tournaments under my belt...January? Highly unlikely though...
Sorry dude, that was me ;) I closed your topic because "search" topics are a bit cumbersome for a busy room. Though I'm still baffled why 3 texans descended on your topic... crazy south texans! We should chain them up.

In regards to hotels, Texas has a 21 minimum. Rental cars are 25. But if need be, we have a few over-21 members of the Dkrew, so we can help you out if they let us check you in.

-Scav

Mr.C

Smash Master
Scav UR MY BOY BLUE!!!!!! ummmm.........who is coming from Dkrew for GE3? Hope you guys come Converse is gonna be there.
BTW is Ken gonna be at Moast or not?

BTW- what the heck is the argument about SAK and DKREW about? someone not going to people's tournies. Because youve been to SA and SA's been to your's :p

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
MrC- So far right now the only possible people going to Ge3 are me(only if info comes sometime soon), Silas, and i think Kenshin. None of us are definates we are still thinking about it, but if anybody from dkrew goes it would be one(if not all) of us. As for Ken, he hasnt expressed interest yet, but that could change

Mr.C

Smash Master
Sint- what kinda info do you need? i could try to help you out there.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
this is more suited for the GE3 thread or better yet AIM

by info i mean rules, fees, location, etc. CW has failed to even provide basic info a week before the tourny

on Moast 3 business

We decided to use the Ship of Fools' style of crew battle which i talked about earlier. Soon, the rules will be in Drew's post on the first page i believe. Basic info you need to know right now is, 4-6 members per crew, it will cost $"x" per member, you will divide 18 stock(evenly) amongst(sp?) your crew

Mr.C

Smash Master
Sint- Well earlier in GE3 thread i posted this and i think it will be used....

1 VS 1 RULES SHOULD BE
----------------------------------------------
- Double Elimination
- 4 stock
- 2/3 rounds
- 6:00 time limit
- no items
- Levels = Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon
Stadium, and Dream Land
- no glitches will be used
- first pick blind pick if nessacary, no counter picks its gay( or flip a coin)
- Stage Selection = of the 4 levels, should one not be decided on 1st round, select at random. 2nd round, loser picks. repeat...

2 VS 2 RULES SHOULD BE
------------------------------------------------
- same as everything up there except
- 5 stock
- 8:00 time limit

Im sure thats what it's gonna be because they leave it up to a pro to make the rules :rolleyes:

also.
1. oct/16/04 12:00pm (probably 10$ - 12$) and is at Gamers Edge next to North Star Mall
2. 1v1 & 2v2
3. it says 2 day event..........i doubt it though

Hopefully that helps a bit....

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
uhhh those rules kinda suck ^_^

first of all, add more stages, you dont even have all of the neutrals(battle field isnt there). There are no logical reasons to ban every stage but 5. 6 minutes isnt a safe amount of time, want at least 7 though i think 8 would be better. whats the point in increasing stock for teams. that would just make the tourny longer, plus 8 minuutes would be a problem as well. And Team attack should be on. If it is off dont expect dkrew to go ;). I suggest just using the moast 3 rule set but meh thats just me

Mr.C

Smash Master
YES YES!!!!! thats what i forgot TA sorry:p. And more time, sure its not my tourney. And the reason why i didnt say the yoshi and battle field levels.... is because battle field sucks. Recovery is crap for some chars, and gives marth a perfect tipper every time and a camping Marth isnt good to have :), also yoshi's level *forgot name sorry* the one with platforms & and is really small... Well same, Marth does great on that level and the cloud messes up people.. Also if Link player's Get that level its like a 100% loss, gotta give Link players the advantage here ;)

P.S- i would rather use the MOAST rule set too.

Mr.C

Smash Master
LOL! yah ur right. Maybe I just hate Marth's:D. *not to mention* Peach, Fox, Falco, Jiggs, And most importantly BOWSER!?!?!?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I got tired of arguing about other people's rulesets because I don't like feeling like I'm throwing my (light) weight around. This is CW's tournament. CW is a cool, enthusiastic guy who does good things for the SA community. Tournament hosts are spare in Texas... right now we have TGA, Chickenwing, Tsetse, and the Dkrew. The Dkrew hasn't hosted a big tournament since Akon, or a big 1v1 since Moast2.

Texas has a huge amount of variety. Just look at the incredible difference between the TGA, GE2 and Moast3 rulesets. I'd say look at the GE3 ruleset only... we don't know what it is yet. ****, look at how different Moast2 and 3 are. They're almost as different as TGA back in February vs TGA's most recent!

Texas. We're huge. SA Knights, Team Swhippy, Dkrew, Dkrew Foreign Legion, Houston, Converse, Victoria, Crystal City, Copperas Cove... smaller crews within regions, because who can forget players like Marcos and Quinten, or Vinnyman, or Sam Shapiro, team Ichiban, Setsuna, Tim and Cleon, Taz, Kingwood, Pearland, Flower Mound, Plano.

We have personalities that rival the best and worst. Throw Sevens against Majin or Kenshin against Sos. Have Sintenal and Jesusfreak compete for who knows more nationwide smashers. Essence and Bluk are convinced they're black, and nobody's understood anything Crystal has said for about 2 years now... but we keep playing them.

This is what Moast is about. Not smash, not who's the best at 9ing with Game and Watch. It's about the Texas community, which we've all spent years trying to gather together. 2 years ago, at the time of Moast1, we were nothing. 27 people. But over the course of 2 years, more people appeared, and more people kept playing because of the fun of the game.

We don't play for the competition. We play because it's fun. If we only played for the competition, why the **** are we still playing? Most of us SUCK!

Our goal has never been to get Ken or whoever to come. Our goal is to unite what we -- as a community, not a crew... as a state -- have strove to create.

I'm embarassed that people go into the GE3 thread and say "come to Moast3." I don't want the two to compete. I don't want SA to boycott us. I don't want Dkrew to boycott SA. I want people to decide to go to a tournament based on its own merits.

No matter how long you've been here, Texas smash has been a long time in the making. We're so big, so diverse, and so strong-willed that we'd probably have more luck coordinating a donkey race. At least in a donkey race we'd have fewer people looking like an *** ;).

Squabble about rules and who's-going-where all you want... but in the proper thread. Don't discuss GE3 rules in here, and don't discuss why Moast does or doesn't rock in the GE3 thread. I'm glad Chickenwing does what he does. Would I do it differently? Of course. Does that make it better? Certainly not. San Antonio is a very strange place ;)

Lets see some Texas pride!

-Scav

tsetse

Smash Lord
Could You Repeat that but this time with more pizzazz and pretend your making love to the camera.

Mr.C

Smash Master
We have personalities that rival the best and worst. Throw Sevens against Majin or Kenshin against Sos. Have Sintenal and Jesusfreak compete for who knows more nationwide smashers. Essence and Bluk are convinced they're black, and nobody's understood anything Crystal has said for about 2 years now... but we keep playing them.
--------------------------------------------------------------
THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST **** IVE EVER HEARD!!!

although you forgot that im the PWNZERZ!!!

Top Bottom