• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Mr.C

Smash Master
The new KoF looks pretty badass *King of fighters*. Actually theres alot of good games out right now or coming out.....

jotun

Smash Ace
Halo sucks. The only people that like Halo are console noobs who have never actually played a decent shooter.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Starcraft anyone? haha jk

Halo is overrated but fun with friends

Never played GGXX, I kinda want to tho

WC3 is sumwat overrated, but it's still fun

However, I bet we can all reach the conclusion that SSBM rocks.. anyone??

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
pfffft only losers play ssbm. travel hundreds of miles just to play a silly party game. LOSERS I SAY

wait..............i stand by what i said ;x

Halo is fun as long as i get to run over people and throw random grenades everywhere

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Originally posted by jotun
Halo sucks. The only people that like Halo are console noobs who have never actually played a decent shooter.
You see, what your problem is, you haven't played HALO enough to truly enjoy the game for what it is. HALO 2 will be teh ownge11!!!!

But seriously, I have played enough FPSs to know that this is one of the best that there is to offer. Nothing else comes close!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
All the decent FPS are on PC anyway. I used to think aall FPS sucked until jotun showed me Tribes. I just wish I had a decent video card. =/

Chops

Smash Journeyman
Ouch i guess i'm a big *** b/c i didnt change my sig as soon as master cory asked, i mean i guess since i didnt get the time b/c i have things like school and other things doesnt matter b/c cory>>>>me so ya im srry and u rox me.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
it's simple to take it out of your sig profile altogether. like i said, i don't care who steals the sigs and alters them. i don't even care if you flat out steal mine (other peoples' are their deals). i have an issue when you use our buddy's webspace. i know i post enough as is. all you had to do was take it out.

ARGH! why am i being a ****!? regardless, if you think the sig stealer's sig is silly and wanna keep it, i guess that's cool. i was mainly annoyed because cava had done the same thing previously and hadn't changed it off for about about a week (maybe a bit less) and after two people, the first personal timer went off and both got dragged in. didn't mean to be a jerk, it's not because you didn't bow down to my obvious superiority (^_~) quickly enough, you were just on the wrong train of thought at the right time and got dragged into the mess. yay! i'm rambilicious.

oh, and to all you people who're up for ggxx, be ready to PWN THE CRAP out of my venom. yeah, i picked the hardest character in the game to play as my first : (

KotG Luvin

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say that Warcraft is overrated. Of course, I'm a bit biased in it's favor, so take that as you will. Now Starcraft.... that is the king of overrated RTS. Excellent balance is no substitute for fun factor, and I never felt compelled to master it because of that.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sarg: "Well I disagree, but I respect your opinion"

HAH! I juss proved Red vs Blue wrong, the internet can be a civilized place.

Anyways, I think it's natural to think one game is overrated. Reasons are many, but the main reason is because that person himself never was able to become great/didn't bother trying at the game. Which I admit, is part of the reason why I think Halo and WC3 are overrated. Heck I love SC cuz I got online friends who are great at it and so am I. Overrated or not.. well that comes down to who you're asking. Let's juss agree they're all great games and everyone will be happy.

Oh wait, it's the internet, that's almost impossible. haha jk

jotun

Smash Ace
Originally posted by MajinLink 287
You see, what your problem is, you haven't played HALO enough to truly enjoy the game for what it is. HALO 2 will be teh ownge11!!!!

But seriously, I have played enough FPSs to know that this is one of the best that there is to offer. Nothing else comes close!
i hope that by "enough FPSs" you don't mean goldeneye and perfect dark.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hi, I'm M3D! See how my silly crew banner clashes with all the pretty pretty MOAST banners and make me look out of place!

Someone give the man his banner. :)

tsetse

Smash Lord
Originally posted by MajinLink 287

I own an xbox and a copy of halo but once you beat the campaign it gets boring. Unless you get 3 other peeps you cant enjoy the game. Plus it cuts into the little bit of melee playing time that I have. Guilty Gear on x box is cooll thouh.

KotG Luvin

Smash Cadet
I've never been a fan of the sci-fi genre.... lol, perhaps that has something to do with it? Interestingly enough, however, I hate fantasy even more. Meh. Now AoE2... there was a strategy game. Complex economic system, and the game style would shift dramatically as the game went on. Early game was based around your economy style, mid game had small scale strategic micro, while late game was tactical maneuvering and large scale hard counters. Trust me on that one too... I played with the best.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
alright enough jibber jabber on Halo

only games that matter right now are SSBM........and GGXX ;x

hmmmm im bored so im gonna brag on how much i am gonna pwn CORY in the pichu battle. uhhh I am gonna pwn CORY's pichu :)

ZULU NESS DITTOS!!!!! NESS RAWR!!!!!!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
dude, just quit your delusioning, i'm sooooooooooo winning this pichu battle.

if you can call a one sided pichu massacre (my side is doing the massacring, in case you couldn't tell in your delusioning) a battle.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Iv'e recently picked up Bowser as my fun character, So i'll do Bowser dittos or let see how bad we can pwn "tsetse's bowser matches" or i'll put my Bowser up against DK or Ganon.

"Dum Dum ditty"

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
hopefully i don't piss to many people with this but i was kinda browsing through and notice people saying Halo sucks
Whats your reasoning on this. I mean man the first time i played halo it was 8 on 8 it was a bloody massacre but god**** it was fun. Theres nothing more fun than running behind someone with the flag and smoking them in the back of the mother****ing head. Capture the flag is the ****! Now i get together with a bunch a friends and have halo fests all the time and i hate shooters.

I guess everybody has a preference though

KotG Luvin

Smash Cadet
Reasons why I hate Halo?

It's clunky and slow, and the weapon balance is horrible. I like my FPS a little more on the quicker side, and I like seeing more than 1 weapon in competitive play.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Originally posted by fraypika
hopefully i don't piss to many people with this but i was kinda browsing through and notice people saying Halo sucks
Whats your reasoning on this. I mean man the first time i played halo it was 8 on 8 it was a bloody massacre but god**** it was fun.
8 on 8

My point exactly it has to be at least 2vs2 to be fun. Multi player on halo is killer but single sucks. There is even no bots on the darn game. No bots what fps nowadays has no bots.

Mr.C

Smash Master
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!?!?!??!?! WOOOOOTEERRRRRRRR!!@!#$!@#$@#%$@#OMGWTFBBQHAXX!@#!?@#?SSBM SUXXORZ TO TEH MAXORZ! RAWR!!@#$!@$?GA GA GA G-G-G-G-G UNIT!@#!@#?@!#/

Mr.C

Smash Master
Well no one else seem's to be talking about SSBM here and that usually happens when there is nothing else to talk about. And i guess you dont know why i type on the board's "Let meh count de ways" 1. I know i dont make any sense thats the point. 2. Im V-TOWNZZ FINEST MOTHA TRUKAZ. 3. deep down inside it makes me happy, its just flabergasting! 4. I have what is called a sense of humor 5. Essence is black 6. Bety laundry shop rips you off. And last but not least I like Turkey legs. Hopefully you have learned something from this post.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Can I make a MOAST banner using. Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 Starter Edition. The free download. and if yes How.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Heh, my DK will take any Low Tier challenges. Heck if I do really well in those I'll take high tier challenges too. :p I am also learning BOSER, and by MOAST I am hoping to have my title as "Wannabe Azen" realized by being able to all characters besides Peach (who I hate) and ICs (who are just way too complicated).

Mr.C

Smash Master
JF- I'll 1800-DITTO ur kirb's mine pwns. Not sure how bad against another Kirbs tho :rolleyes:, just name anyone else

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Haha, I'm always up for Kirby dittos. I'm not very good at them but they're fun. Alright Rey we can do that. But you Falcon better be improved by then. :p I talked to essence and he said if I woulda played you I would've 3 stocked you. :p

tsetse

Smash Lord
I dont know about that JF i saw part of your match against his. He has a Killer falcon and first match he did three stock but then it even out a little bit. At least i learned how to properly chain grab by playing with him. But anyways I don't want to get an azen of texas title i just want to be able to hang with the big boys.

Fear

Smash Journeyman
woah woah woah,,, long time since i last posted.

Anyways im accepting falcon dittos so get ready to get owned.... and by the way Tseste, JF could prolly 3-0 ur falcon with falcon out of 5 lives .... just take it from mee i 4-0ed it and my main char isnt even falcon . :p

Essence

Smash Journeyman
YOOO FEEAAAARRR FFAAAALLLCCCONN DITTTOOO!!! we never got to play cf ditto at tga... gore wants a cf ditto too, youre going to ge3 right? well get it krunk...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
For those of you who have been to tournaments before (and that's most of you), answer me this:

Do I need to set up my matches before I go? How many extra TVs are there for people who just want to free play. Will there be any available should I just be walking around and want to play against someone, or do I need to set up appointments? I mean, I'll honestly play anyone's ditto at any time, but I don't want to have to keep track of who I'm supposed to play, and when (especially since I don't know anyone). Are all of the TVs going to be being used by people who already set up matches in this topic, or will there be any open that I can just challenge random people against?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
we'll have some freeplay tv's, you just need to find an open one and sit there then getcho smash on.

also, alot of people who're still in the tourney won't do freeplay just because they need the downtime to cool off and alot of people won't play for a while after they're eliminated, just due to burnout and stress. the point of my ramble is: there'll almost always be free tv's. just find a buddy, find a tv and sit there. or else find a tv that has relatively few people and stick around to see if you can get in.

Top Bottom