• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
As long as we're having other games and stuff, would anyone want to do a Hold 'Em tournament? I just started playing poker online and it's **** fun.

Edit: 666 twice and 1,000. I should get a prize for that.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I'm down for DDR. I suck on the home pads, in advance! Let's go find an arcade, and I'll MAXX 300 it up. 10 footers fo' lyfe! On a side note, I found that the new chip my local arcade got was a knock-off of the extreme mix, and it's missing Sakura :\. The EASIEST 10-footer. No more 10 foot mixes :\.

MOAST is great. And swanky. Anyone want to have Mega Man X races? I can beat it in a bit under an hour. Also up for X3 races. Haven't timed that yet:\.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Can I have a MOAST banner? Something like, "Moderators suck ***" or "It's named after me, I HAVE to come!" ... maybe the moderator one can just have an image of the "closed" sign from a topic on SWF...

... or ya know, something with the President and G&W that says "We're twins!" i dunno... something like that. In exchange, as soon as MLG Boston is over next weekend MOAST will get stickied! Well, ok, I'm gonna do that anyways, but a banner would still be nice!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey the tradition started by my crew is stealing the banners. You don't need to ask permission. ;)

Also, if you come I demand Kirby dittos. You should also play KrazyKirbyKid.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
thieves, I have a true banner

M3D if you want a legit one contact PDfarsight, or just post what you want and Ill tell him and see if he is up to it

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I had a true banner, but I hacked it.

. . . if that makes any sense.

Teflon and C&D, both of your avatars rock.

Oh, and unfortunately, Tech lost to OU. Hopefully Sintenel makes it back alive.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I've beaten all of the SNES Mega Man X's, but I haven't bothered with the Playstation ones. I heard they sucked.

QuantumPencil

Smash Rookie
I'm definately planning on attending this tourney... It's just an easy $900.00

J/p

This will be my first major tournament, so I'm going to greatly enjoy getting my *** kicked by everyone.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Haha sweet. I'm glad you're coming man. And just to let everyone know, this guy's the 1st OOS guy confirmed ( I asked him back in like May) He's from Tennessee, and he's with me. :chuckle: :skull: :grrr: :beezo:

edit: omg the pow block doesn't work. :(

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i dont know when you are planning ot do the school crew battles but im telling you, it probably wont happen at the tourny. we already have too much to do, and something as silly as "school crew battle" can take a back seat. The only way i can see it doen is at the houses after the tourny at Trugamerz, but then we mightbe at different houses. I dont even know why it suddenly became crew battles, I just challenged UT players. I dont have anything against highschoolers. I just wanted to challenge a rival school(this also goes for any A&M or OU(SUCKS) smashers that come ^_^)

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by MajinLink 287
I do have to admit though, I like C&D's crazy robot-looking robot avatar.
You sadly uneducated person. That's Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, one of the most kickass animes of all time. The final episode airs in Japan today, the sub should be out tomorrow. Can't wait.

If there's anyone coming from OU . . . well, let's just say I won't be happy. I hope nobody here is from OU. For their sakes.

D

Deleted member

high school vs college? what if you're both?

Meh, I'll just go in the highschool part.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Sint, we can just do the school thing in free play time.

Alright then, it's settled. Team Highschool: me, dcx, azen, ryokoyaksa and mow

vs Team College boys: ???

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
We don't really need to play the game to determine that high school > college

Azen, Mow, Ryoko, JF, dcx, Chang, myself, Richard, etc. (about 50 more probably) > Scav, Sint, Cole, Jotun, Jake, Doug, maybe a few more...

Just a tad one-sided....

LET COMMON SENSE PREVAIL!

now if we did college v college and let prospective students play for their college of choice (along with those already in said college), then maybe it'd even out, but still probably not.

We have too many events anyways...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Bah you take all the fun out of it. I want to do this thing. Maybe 10 man teams??

And we don't have too many events. Didn't FC have like 5 or 6?

We can always make more time.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Admit it, you just want to team with Azen in something

Not that I blame you or anything, Azen's too cool :cool:

maybe you can just beg him to join schwippy in the crew battle...

at least then we won't have to organize anything else.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
LMFAO. I admit, that was one reason, but also I'd like to team with all these other peole too. It'd be a great way to meet them. And asking Azen to join Schwippy, i dunno. How many people are allowed per crew?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
ANNOUNCEMENT!

As of 10/3, the staff voted to restrict MOAST3 for 18+ post HS students. You must show a valid driver's license and HS diploma at the door, or you will not be allowed in. This is to prevent the corruption of young minds, as we decided that Sevens and Silas are too sexy to be shown to today's youth.

Why DrDrew voted in favor of the ban is beyond me, but we appreciate his support.

Also: Cole and anyone who spoils anything in Full Metal Alchemist for me will be permanently banned from SWF.

That is all.

Ps: We'll have a banner for you soon M3D ;) though I admire your graciousness for offering to sticky my tournament a whole week before I was planning on doing it anyways. This is why you're mod of everything smash... your kindness is exceeded only by your beauty. *******. ;)

-Scav

Essence

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by JesusFreak
Sint, we can just do the school thing in free play time.

Alright then, it's settled. Team Highschool: me, dcx, azen, ryokoyaksa and mow

vs Team College boys: ???
no essence or bluk?

D

Deleted member

funny part is, I'll still be able to enter by the time this tourney rolls around. lolz

EDIT: 2K biatches

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Oh sorry essense. I forgot about y'all when I said that. >_< If this happens at all I guess y'all count too. :p I don't know how it'd get worked in tho. I really meant for it to be a side thing. Even less featured then the things like the crew battles etc.

D

Deleted member

how about just 5 HS vs all the college, however many enter.

I'd dig that.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
whlike i said, i dont see a point in this high school vs college thing. thats just me, though i do believe Jfreak is just doin this to get a nice win with Azen ;x

And besides, didnt you read scav's post. its an exclusive party and you are not on the guest list :p BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by Scavenger382
Also: Cole and anyone who spoils anything in Full Metal Alchemist for me will be permanently banned from SWF.
OMFG! AL R TEH . . . ha ha ah HA HA. Just kidding, just kidding.

. . . you HAVE seen episode 42, right?

And speaking of which, 51 just aired, which means the series is over and we have to wait for the OVA to come out for more Hagane goodness.

*eagerly awaits*

RonnyMcD

Smash Rookie
*phew*

Anyways, I went to Moast1 and am looking forward to Moast3. Hope to see everyone there. Maybe I'll place this time and know about it:chuckle:

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'm on episode 38. So shush. You now get 1 warning point for every time you even mention FMA, just in case you accidently let something slip.

Oh, and for anyone that's confused, yes, my post is a joke ;) though I've enjoyed the panicked IMs.

Edit: Everyone welcome Ronnie, who's one of the few people that actually attended the start of it all ;)

Who else was there that will be at 3? Zulu, Robfalco, me, Cory, Silas, Sevens and Kenshin if they make it... and I think that's it.

-Scav

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Ok, so I have a question: If the last person who posted here was (according to the Tournament board) 'Spam Masta 3', and his post isn't here, that means a mod (probably BBT) deleted it, right?

So tell me why we can't delete our own posts? That doesn't make any sense.

Oh, and I'm thinking grad students fall under the heading of 'college'.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
There's really no need to delete your own posts when you can just edit it out, and have it locked in the case of a mistake topic. It's just better for the consistancy of the boards overall to not have threads and posts spontaneously disappear. I mean, suppose we deleated all of JF's posts... then the Moast topic would have, like, 500 posts total ^_^

Spam Masta was an astoundingly intelligent individual who decided to spam attack the boards. Deleting those is ok, since they're... well, so blindingly brilliant that to leave them on the boards would be to cause undo harm to the mere mortals who view them.

-Scav

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I mean, suppose we deleated all of JF's posts... then the Moast topic would have, like, 500 posts total ^_^
You know Texas couldn't live without me.:D

anime doesn't suck!
I need to watch naruto and fma. I'm so behind on everything.

Top Bottom