• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Fury

Smash Apprentice
For the gold!!!! me to lol, but i looked at who was all coming and i was like" Ok......I guess...... ill bring down my standards abit........."

**** u smashfighter for not letting me win any of our matchs at Gaybar(i will get u at M3) :( i nominate AZ top 3 in placing :)

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's not underestimate all the other Kirby competition JF. I happen to play Kirby a lot lately, almost as much as I play Falco now. Plus, being able to play with Richard and Marcus a lot really helps as well lol.

Kirby counters Link! :)

Anyways, we still have a ways to go til MOAST3 comes around. I can't wait tho.

gore

Smash Journeyman
Ok, V-town couldn't make it to se in copperas cove, because our ride was bull- Sh iting and we got screwed over. But I will have my hardship liscence soon, and I will take 3 other members of V-town with me Matt, Flech, and leir -or- mike D, depending on whose better when the tourney comes up. I look foward to having matches with everyone, especially Jesus Freak, Werewolf, and Scav. I have decided that Matt and Fletcher will have to be the team and I will pair up with mike or leir, unless matt or flech cant make it, in that case I will play a team with whichever one could come.

And not to be lazy or anything, but I didn't feel like reading all 17 pages, so what Ice Climbers techniques are banned, if any?

Also $5-10 money matches, IC's Ditto, FD, 4-stock, no time limit, no items, best 2 of 3 if $5, best 3 of 5 if $10.(hopefully cory will make it because i'm dying to play his IC's)

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
The IC glitch is banned (the nana throw + popo over b) other than that, everything else IC-related is legal (since all their other stalling techniques require items, I think), as far as I know.

And I don't think we'll let CORY miss this one:chuckle:

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Bah, you're right Chang. Your Kirby is probably a lot better than mine anyway. I'm actually considering giving him up if I didn't luv the little puff so much.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ic dittoes suck : ( what're we gonna do? grab comboes? pfffffffft! i'll ic ditto you, but just for fun (won't sandbag, just don't feel like putting something on the line for a match i don't enjoy...)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Josh its time for the rematch for best pichu between the 2 of us. I think i wil stop trying the to use the downB while jumping off the edge after you. Apparently, alot of peopel were upset they didnt play me at whatever tourny. All you have to do is ask(unless im watchin an important match). I dont really care about doin money matches so dont ask. lvl 1 challenge is different. heh the only challenge i have for anyone is Azen, i want a pichu ditto with you ;x

smashfighter

Smash Journeyman
So how is it looking as far as a teams tourney going? So far it seems like most people are in favor of having one.

I saw somewhere that another option for a side event was a smash64 tourney, if so, then i vote for that too.

Sint: I'll make sure I get to play against u this time.
Fury: Thanks for the vote, practice much for moast3 :)

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Everyone- Once Scav. starts to feeling better, he'll make an announcement as to if it's 2 days, teams, and such. But, I think everyone will like the decision :D

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
MOAST2 we did the team and singles in the same day and we were pretty pressed for time

so i hope they are going to make this a 2 day

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
SILENCE

SILENCE JFREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Scav is dealin with all of his college crap like i should be doing. Dont worry his all important decision will be posted soon. Now, LETS ALL GET DRUNK ALL PLAY PING PONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

David Kirk

Smash Ace
I am just about 100% sure I am coming to this, so I guess that it would be a good idea to find out who can house me for however long the tournament is going to be, and I need a ride from the airport.

Scav has been replying to all my questions about the airport and flying in, so hopefully that means that he can either give me a ride somewhere or knows how to get me a ride somewhere.

JesusFreak, yeah, partners. I am about to drop Ganondorf, though. Sheik, Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Peach, Doc, or is there someone who you want me to play in teams? If it is someone crazy, I should start practicing with them now, eh?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hmm well I throw down Falco, Fox, Samus and Jiggly in Teams. Hopefully Luigi and Falcon by January as well. So whatever works for you.

blackjoker

Smash Cadet
hey, i vote for 2 days even tho this is alil late, and as for housing, me and my friend live 17 minutes away and we might hold a night long smash fest and then drive down there, so we can hold like maybe 2 or 3 people, he can forsure, and if we dont move then we might hold more, but we wont kno for a couple more hours

Bluk

Smash Apprentice
blackjoker i almost understood that...maybe if you would use a language some of us may commonly refer to as english i could better understand...thank you

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I win at Ping Pong by accidentally getting hit in the eye, thus ending the game with a bargaining chip.

Did I vote 2 days yet? Because I'll still be staying in Texas the whole weekend regadless. :/

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Dallas People- there's going to be a smashfest at Drew's this Friday at 6 to send off Scav and me to college :( MOAST 3 will be discussed there, so if you want your opinions heard, come). Im drew at drdrewthedragon.

Everyone: visit www.tru-gamerz.com to find out what more they ahve to offer.

Finally- quoting the owner about what there kitchen "Our kitchen is finished and I can already smell the wings, calzones, and pizza that we will be making." (so there's not just going to be piazza :)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Well im leavin for Tech on Friday morning. So ill be off line for awhile(I know you are heart broken, but i will return). I will be visitin Houston Sept 24th I believe. So that means I must reunite with my Soulmatt ;)

Someone tell Bora he sucks ;x

-Sint(woohoo Im scav again)

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hahah you know what?
I've been posting under this name, this name being Richard's and I've being a contraction for I have, I meaning me, me meaning Marucs, for awhile now.

So if you see any KirbyofNurgle posts in a thread any time since now and a few months ago, know that it is me.

College send off at Drews eh? Well we'll be there.

Oh yah, MOAST MOAST MOAST

David Kirk

Smash Ace
My girlfriend wants to come to this, thus if someone was wanting to house good old David Kirk, my girl is going to have to tag along.

It is all good, though. She plays Smash. She went to SSA2 with me and competed, and is actually flying out for TG at like five thirty tomorrow, so hopefully by January she will be decent.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well if you want you can stay at my place.:)

I know two people with girlfriends that are skilled in smash. How do you people get so lucky?:confused: :cry:

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you live far away from the tourny site. Drew and Young Danny have already posted that they can provide housing. Dont worry your heads off so early, everyone will get housing that needs it

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Well, not necessarily girlfriends of mine, but I do have 2 female friends that like to play smash. I can say they are decently good, but not good enough for competition, but still fun to mess around with! Maybe I should bring them...?:confused:

One is really cute if anyone is interested... ;) But then again, long-distance relationships would never work out. Sorry guys! :p

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
you guys should change the official title of the tournament to MOAST3 Destruction so then it can be abbreviated M3D... hehe...

... DO IT! I want a tournament named after me! And seriously, could I possibly miss and tournament named after me? NO! I'd have to attend, if it was at all possible, and maybe bring some free MLG junk with me.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
How about MOAST3: Domination. Or MOAST3: Deuteronomy. Or Moast Master MD. Or MOAST3: Doorbell.

Well, I live ^_^ this past week I've been relegated to random unimportant postings and pain medicine. BUT, I'm all better, and by this time tomorrow I'll be in Houston settling back into things.

Hmm, lemme see if I remember all the questions...

David Kirk: Yes, we can provide transportation, and sure, bring her along. Now, whether or not you two can stay in the same place is entirely up to the people providing housing. But I'll see if we can finagle a host willing to put up with g-g-g-g-irls! Regardless, we'll take care of ya.

And... I can't remember any other questions. If anyone has a question in regards to housing, the short version is: yes! And the long version is, just ask ;) M3 is all about Accomodation. In fact, it's now titled... MOAST3: Dudeyouraccomadationrocks!

In regards to *specific* housing, we're going to work that out closer to the date. So for now, everyone can count on getting housed. When the date looms, we'll get a system going and assign homes. Right now, the system I'm leaning towards is allowing people to do a preferential system for someone who they'd be housed with, along with allowing to ask to NOT be housed with someone (hate sevens? House with him and take his money! Hate sevens? Request to be 50 miles away! Everyone's happy.)

So no worries.

Also, doorprizes. A big hit at MOAST2 was random prizes we gave out during the day. One guy got a wall scroll for being the first to be eliminated by a staffer, another got a can of vienna sausage for being a wiener (he chain grabbed a scrub, the *******, and no, that will not be awarded this time, or we'd go broke), 3 people got 20 dollar gift certificates for the hotel restaurant for being dark horses (unknowns who got far), and 4th and 5th got FF9 action figures.

I want to do this again next year. And, while we can supply some, it'd be cool of the community at large donated the random prizes. Have some cool lil toy you want to donate? Lemme know. Or whatever. And you can set the winning condition.

Example: Buy a towel and tell us to give it to the first person to cause a major spill. Or, say, a Memory Card for the first person to play against the same opponent twice in the bracket.

If you have ideas/donations, shoot me a PM. It'd be cool to keep this a surprise ;) and please, try to make the winning condition as solid as possible... no "first person to chaingrab," or "person with the best Pichu." We can't tell that.

****. Long post. Ok, how about the part you guys REALLY care about?

Yes. Yes. MOAST3 will be 2 days. Rejoice, just no streaking. Save the loving for January. 2v2 will be on day 1, and will be 10 dollar entry per person (20 per team.) Payout will be 70/20/10 only for Teams.

This means we also have space for side events. So that's a matter of popular demand. I've heard N64, and Low Tier, and Crew. But we can't do ALL of them, especially if we're doing a round robin for 1v1s. So over the course of the next few months, we'll iron out the side events based on popular demand.

But, for sure:

Saturday, 2v2
Sunday, 1v1
Level One Challenges tournament, winner take all
All weekend: Fun.

-Scav

Sevens

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by MajinLink 287
If it's not too late... I vote for a 2 day tournament!

As for housing, who will house our crew when we go to Dallas? It will be a crew of 3-8
Here is a new one. As for payin me my 25$ why you takin so long? Its almost a cowardly act to go on as if your not indebt to me. Pay up and be a man, or atlast as much as a man as possible for someone of your dispossion.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
First off- Thank goodness your better Scav, and I still can't believe Silas liked A vs. P so much (it was okay, meh). Two days of nothing but smash and all the implies; can't wait!!

My vote- I vote for Low Tier; Smash 64 (maybe), and Crew Battles- Olympic Style. Like they would be competing in 1 vs. 1, team ta off, team with items, even HRC (Just an idea)

Also: if people ever get bored of Smash (which u shoudln't), this place is a lan center. It was primarily built to hold HALO compeitions. With HALO 2 out by then, people will be there to play. FYI- the owner of this place is ranked 3rd in the nation in HALO, and will offer to do money matches.

Remember- This is the MOAST wonderful time of the year

M3D- ( I know he's full of crap about being the 3rd best player in the nation, he's not even the 3rd best in Plano. I've talked and played with shizz and some of the orks... I think how he bases that on is at one time when HALO just got out, he was the 3rd bet in the nation.)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Just out of curiousity here, by whom is this guy ranked 3rd in the nation in Halo?? Cause I hang out with the pro halo players at MLG, who also happen to play AGP and VGames tournaments and I don't think any of them own lan centers in Texas.

What's the guy's name? Gamertag? Honestly, he's probably full of crap if he's telling you he's 3rd ranked in the country... hehe... not to bust anyone's chops or anything, but ya know...

Anyways, how about MOAST3: Dead Sexy? Well, whatever it's named, I'll be looking to attend M3D this January if I can swing it with work. Catch ya later peeps.

~M3D

X Japan

Smash Lord
well since i miss out on going to TG and i said in the smash hub that i was going to this with Ryoko i'm just wondering if i bring a cube with Naruto 2(i may get part 3 but not sure.). sorry i don't own a smash copy my-self. i just have to ask. i'll ask about housing in late Nov-earlier or mid Dec. i see everyone there.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ack! Geez, someone coulda told me that he might have been stretching it a bit ;) but whatever.

XJapan: Go for it. Actually, we'll probably have at least 2 copies of Naruto 2 available, but the more the merrier.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Crew Battles- Olympic Style. Like they would be competing in 1 vs. 1, team ta off, team with items, even HRC (Just an idea) "

Silas had the same idea. The Olympic bug has biten Melee. Of course the idea still needs some work. I would like some variety, you know, like the real Olympics.
Swimming, Gymnastics, Hurdles, Long Jump, all recreated and rerepresented in Melee form.
It still needs some time in the old cooker, some more creative juices need to be added.
Any ideas.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Like it could be a modified crew battle, where you have a crew vs crew, but you play a 1v1, a 2v2, HRC, BTT, Items-on Stamina, 1v1 Bonus, etc, and assign points. So winning 1v1 would get you x points, winning HRC... like Kirbsies said, needs some time in the cooker ;)

-Scav is off to Houston

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
two day tourny........................man now i cant wait to go to this.............. really wanted to go to tg...............but with school you never know................ Az will venture back in to texas once again

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Well, the IDEA of an Olympics is good, but I think in reality it'd just be a huge pain in the ass.

Plus I never learned the bat-drop combo, so I suck at HRC.

Top Bottom