• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

D

Deleted member

2 days with teams and TA On.

Peach is indeed a wild beast, Ryoko will show you the deatils i'm sure. He plays Peach faster than I play Fox >_>

AndenHellseenkee

Smash Journeyman
Vote

I concur, this tourney should last two days. And, it would be really cool if there was someone that could house both Azen and I at the same time =\ So we can try and limit our characters down for the team tournament.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can probably house both of you guys depending on when you'll be arriving (since I'll still be in school anything before Friday could be kinda difficult but possible)

I only have one stipulation:

You have to let me record at least some matches to put on the net:chuckle:

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody have any gripes with this rule set.

Rules:

1v1 -
Round Robin Seeding (5-6 rounds)
2/3
No Items
Advanced Slob Picks
Random: Yoshi Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
Non-Random: Peach's Castle, DK Rap, Brinstar, Corneria, Mute City, Onett, Mushroom Kingdrom, DK 64, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Pokefloats, Big Blue, MK2
Banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Fourside
One level strike is permitted.
Finals will be 3/5

Starfalco

Smash Rookie
Ha! Found the topic! I'm trying to get some representation from DISS there. Hope that some of us can make it!

(p.s. DISS=the Denton, TX smash crew.)

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
Yo Starfalco, sweet to see more Texas People popping up. If you guys are interested, we frequently get together for Smash in Plano. If you have AIM, IM DrDrewtheDragon.

You're not one of the guys who goes to Gamer's Haven, are you?

EDIT: Heh, I was just informed that we played you guys already. Hehe, sorry.

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
As of now, me and Vai will make it to this tourny............. but that is as of now......... so yeah expect some good comp from Az again...............

p.s. I plan to beat that **** peach this time...............this time

ArcticDrac

Smash Cadet
2v2s would be incredibly nice... especially with 6 months of planning, I'm sure you could fit it in there! ...anyhow, with this much time I'm sure I could convince my friends to come with me... so expect some SERIOUS competition from New Mexico! Thanks and have a good day all... see you in... well, 6 months... =] =] =]

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just checked up on my schedule and I will definately be attending this tournament.

Can't wait to see everyone in Texas there...holla

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I'm out of school for a few hours here due to a bomb threat, so I guess I'll post again.

Just to make sure, does anyone have any gripes with the ruleset? And if you haven't said you want 2 vs 2 yet, make sure you do, more votes means it'll almost definately happen.

Oh, and Termina is banned, if anyone is wondering, since Scav forgot to put it in the first post.

One more thing, if anyone wants any specific side events other than 2 vs 2 (crew tournies, low tier, low tier teams, smash 64, etc.), tell us and we'll consider it.

Good to see all this interest, hope it keeps up.

and Silas, I love how you gave out MY sn instead of yours to Starfalco...

lazy ***.

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Ah, bomb threats. I remember when that stuff happened at my school. Anyway I have no problem with the ruleset. Just in case I didn't vote before I vote for a 2v2 tournament. And as for the side events smash64 isn't a bad idea and a lower tier team tourney sounds good too.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I would love a Low Tier Team tourney. Me and Kirk could go double Kirbies. I'd love to see our team against the Terrels, the only problem is I suck terribly in Kirby dittos.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Woah, do you know what's even better than a day in the pizza kitchen? 2 days in the pizza kitchen! OMFG XD XD.

Making it a 2-day event will most certainly seal the interest of OOSers. I've never been to Texas before.

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
OMG.

A 2 on 2 Teams match with all Kirbys? I can't think of anything more insane.

Er, how about, a 2 on 2 All Ness match, with one Ness and a Kirby, against 2 Kirbys.

Heh, at that point, I would stop doing whatever I was doing and heisman trophy over to that TV.

Stuff of legends...

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
Haha Jesusfreak the Terrell Kirby team is gaining new levels every day. No one can beat us at our own game. Young Danny be darned.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Lol. I know it's true. But Kirk and I had planned on doing Dub Kirbies for awhile anyway. But yeah I suck at Kirby dittos. I'm better against other characters.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
but can you guys handle the awesomeness of Double Ness? I dont think you can ^_^

NESS RAWR

besides me and chang are gonna take that double kirby title ;x

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Please jf, kirby can't handle pichu. If there is gonna be a lower tier 2v2 tournament I need a partner for double pichu ownage.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Can't handle Pichu? Are you talking about that one match that I gave you?:p I admit that my Kirby can't handle your Pika, but I'd be happy to take out masochistchu whenever is convenient for you. Besides, you can't even take my Pichu.;)

edit: hey Drew I may very well learn another low tier or 2 myself by January.:) Oh and if David doesn't make it I'd be willing to do double Roy with you if you really want.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh JF, don't underestimate Chang's Kirby, it's beginning to give my top tiers some trouble, he looks more like Richard everyday...

Oh yeah and Austin's good too:)

But if you want a real team look no further than DOUBLE ROY!!!

Just ignore the fact that I don't have a Roy playing teammate (unless Ken takes pity on me or something :chuckle: ) and the fact that double Roy is pretty bad...

In all reality though, since all the kirbys are already taken (with Sint going Ness with Joshu instead) looks like DaBR is back in business, low tier style!

Beware the Roy/Link/Ness & Kirby/Mewtwo/whatever low tier Chang decides to learn before January:beezo:

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Gave me? Oh, your talking about that match where my pichu put your kirby in its place. Don't hate the pichu just because he rocks.

Essence

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by darkrain
bad***, Dallas is only about 8 hours from KC. You can count on my attendence as long as my car doesn't break down halfway through the trip (*cough* La Crosse tourney)
Yo Darkrain, I saw you CF ditto Isai on the Alabama Tourney videos, good matches. If you can make it would you like to CF ditto me? Hows $5, best 3/5, 5 stock, MOAST 3 rules?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
[color=0080ff]Hey, just wanted to tell somebody that NC (well, probably just Twig and myself) is considering coming to this. No guarantees, and not like anyone's too terribly excited about this, just letting you all know we might be there.[/color]

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
Yo Corey. I care. You may not remember me at FC, but I took note of your friendliness. You'll always be welcome in Texas. And I'm sure Scav will be happy that you're considering as well.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
First and foremost about the Double Team Kirby. It is not a joke, it is and has always been a totaly serious team. We don't us it for fun, or for joke matches. We use them just like a serious team. All the low tier tourney stuff is a thought secondary. We'll take Double Team Kirby in offical teams if given the chance.

Second and second most, if you can't believe in team Kirby, there is no way you'll beat our hear of the cards. Treating Kirby like a one trick pony won't make Kirby very happy and when Kirby isn't happy, he gets pissy.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey Richard, if anyone could beat your Kirby Heart of the Cards it would be me. I like Kirby almost as much as you do, and probably more than anyone else I can think of. Kirby Reps my Heart of the Cards like no body's business. (and yes I know the reference, and I laugh at jotun for being in the dark):chuckle:

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
The heart of the cards won't be enough to save your kirby Jesusfreak. You need to start saying your goodbyes to kirby now because he is gonna be face to face with pichu the kirby slayer.

Fury

Smash Apprentice
Alright i know everyone has been waiting for me to post on here so... J/K

Ok I call 15+ on placing i called it ok who else calse it??

D

Deleted member

Anden: Mewtwo you say? =)

Why not poke-pride? Jiggly/Pikachu?

Top Bottom